• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.3 Patch Notes for Lucario

godogod

Smash Ace
According to the 1.1.3. patch notes thread:

• *Faster
  • Lucario's air speed(1.01 in 1.1.2) is now at least faster than R.O.B.(1.08) and seems to be same as DHD(1.1) now.
  • Lucario's fast fall speed(1.56 in 1.1.2) is between MK(1.66) and ZSS(1.7) now.
  • Horizontal air speed, fall speed, fastfall speed, dash speed and walk speed increased
  • Neutral Special Charging 1/2/3
    • (Normal only) Angle 80 -> 83
    • KBG 100 -> 93
    • (Mega only) BKB 10 -> 12
    • Hitlag modifier 1.0x -> 0.78

Last edited:

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
According to the 1.1.3. patch notes thread:

• Lucario's air speed(1.01 in 1.1.2) is now at least faster than R.O.B.(1.08) and seems to be same as DHD(1.1) now.
  • Lucario's fast fall speed(1.56 in 1.1.2) is between MK(1.66) and ZSS(1.7) now.
  • Horizontal air speed, fall speed, fastfall sweed, and walk speed increased
  • Neutral Special Charging 1/2/3
    • (Normal only) Angle 80 -> 83
    • KBG 100 -> 93
    • (Mega only) BKB 10 -> 12
    • Hitlag modifier 1.0x -> 0.78
wait, so he's faster now? Awesome! Too bad his aura sphere charge got nerfed, can he still lock people in shield?

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
10% Horizontal Air Speed = GREAT.

I'm wondering how much easier we can DI to escape combos now. Increased fall speed could mean it's about the same. Regardless, we are probably a little harder to edge guard and air chase. It's a shame Aurasphere charge is less reliable. What do y'all think?

Increased manueverability vs. weak ASC set up. Did we come out better?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He can't lock people in shield.

He still can still ASC to Usmash, it's a bit harder but he still can.

Mobility buffs seem more minor at first but it lets him move in a lot in some situations where he would be too slow. It's good in that regard.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
If ASC-> Usmash is unreliable now, then that's a pretty big nerf. That was the nice consistent kill option that Lucario needed.

Hopefully the increased air mobility and fast fall will help us live a little longer to make up for it.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
just a taaaad bit salty that Lucario's air speed was increaded and not Charizard's lol.

I don't use Lucario much but always kinda liked him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If ASC-> Usmash is unreliable now, then that's a pretty big nerf. That was the nice consistent kill option that Lucario needed.

Hopefully the increased air mobility and fast fall will help us live a little longer to make up for it.
You can still do it, just it is a tad harder to pull off.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
Is it just strickter timing or fussier positioning so they are more directly above you?

Loota

Smash Journeyman
So AS projectile itself getting KBG nerfs was a false alarm? This is starting to look a pretty rad patch to me at least.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
Aura sphere to upsmash doesnt read as a combo for me anymore until very high aura, is this what others are seeing? Does this mean everyone can get out or only characters like yoshi with armor? Or am i just too slow to get the combo earlier?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well it was a *little* strong, so I wouldn't mind that. It felt kinda jank anyway.
The change was more so directed at when Lucario was shield locking people into a shield break with ASC.

It actually doesn't work but to the unknown it was super janky so they changed it to where it doesn't work, but ASC to JCU still works.

What is more important is the movement changes which should be labbed at.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
The airspeed boost seems most notable and should help a good amount. Fair strings at higher aura/percents?

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
Just got done playing lucario on FG, and I was able to pull off some fair strings, and his dash grab seemed a bit easier to land for punishing. Speaking of dash grab, what frame does it come out?

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
Just got done playing lucario on FG, and I was able to pull off some fair strings, and his dash grab seemed a bit easier to land for punishing. Speaking of dash grab, what frame does it come out?
It was frame 8 before, I believe, and I havent heard anything about it changing

Last edited:

BlastLine99

Smash Cadet
NNID
Megatronus
Has Lucario always been able to reliably do down throw into a fair string? I don't remember being able to do it as well before.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that worked before, but i bet it will now work for a larger range of percents

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I'm going to go on record and say that ASC u-smash isn't as hard to do now as some people are making it out to be. I've only missed two since the patch went live: the first one was because my opponent was too far behind me for the hitbox to connect (should've d-air'd instead for more damage; the u-smash probably wouldn't have killed at the % my opponent was at anyway), and the second one was because I got hit by a luma that was returning to Rosa before the second, strong hit could connect. I went to a weekly this last Thursday and landed at least 6 ASC JCUS for kills, 4 of which were in bracket matches, and the rest were in friendlies.

ASC b-air is the real problem. It's a lot more % specific, but you can still hit tall and/or floaty characters with it. I managed to get Rosa at 30% (but why would you do that unless you were at max Aura and at the ledge anyway :y ). Basically it's more likely to connect if lucario's damage is above something like 60% and the opponent's is above 90% (give or take depending on character fall speed and size) from what I've seen.

TL;DR -- I've personally had zero problems landing ASC JCUS since the patch so it's sitll a reliable kill setup, but ASC B-air is a lot more % specific (usually need to wait until the opponent is at or above kill % and lucario is above 60-ish%) and harder to land, but it's still doable and if within the right % range it's a kill confirm

Has Lucario always been able to reliably do down throw into a fair string? I don't remember being able to do it as well before.
I haven't tried d-air to f-air since the mobility buffs but d-throw pre-patch had no followups unless your opponent had no idea how to air dodge :v If your opponent air dodges out of u-throw a lot a mixup you can use that can work well on fast fallers is d-throw, position yourself under them as they air dodge, and then u-smash. It's netted me some kills and victories before.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Even though we know of a walk speed & run speed buff confirm, do we have a clue if the initial dash velocity or anything like that was changed? Because a slight buff to that would mean we'd have a longer-traveling Perfect Pivot. And that would lead to a better PP ASC, which is something I've been trying to implement in my game-play not too long ago. Since I haven't really tried to do PP ASC much until recently, does anyone see a difference?

RiotLupine

Smash Cadet
Can confirm Luca has had a buff in dash speed. Tried racing against some characters and he seems to be faster than at least Mr Game and Watch.
Just thought I'd mention it. Thought it was strange how nobody checked how fast he got.

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
At first glance, this seems to a be a pretty significant buff to Lucario. We now land more easily, have more reliable follow-ups, better punishes, and straight up awesome mobility when combining our solid jump with Wavebouncing. Bair seems to be a lot better with the extra reach.

Browny

Smash Hater
Why can I now spotdodge if Lucario has me pinned against a wall/ledge while charging aura sphere at high aura.

I thought only the hitlag was changed, as in the lag on it hitting, not shieldstun...

Top Bottom