• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.8 Change Thread

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Replays are non compatible meaning balance has been tweaked. Please report any differences here.

Last edited:

FoGxTempest

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-0711-4669
Pikachu's quick attack has landing lag now
up tilt is untouched. thats all I know for now

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
QA Canceling is still in! Idk what you're talking about though, i don't notice any more landing lag it's pretty much exactly the same.

RODO

Smash Ace
Idk it feels different somehow. QAC on battlefield isn't as responsive as it was but still doable. I don't know what's different but it feels different.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only thing that's really different is the new ledge shenanigans, where specials no longer make you slide off. This means you can run and Thunder the ledge without flying off it.

This DOES NOT effect Quick Attack in any way, which still behaves the same for ledge canceling. You're canceling the landing with the slide you get from QAing into the floor at an angle, not the move itself.

Soul.

Ledges seem to have been changed.
Ugh, why god dammit. QALC is still there; guess it'll be somewhat harder.

Also before anyone asks, customs are unchanged. Heavy Skull Bash still has that weird *** "hitstun makes you fly farther" thing.

Everything else is the same.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I hope Pikachu isn't changed much. I don't wanna cry again today, I already cried when I struggled to get the DLC downloaded.

I didn't actually cry.

Parkachu0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Parkachu0
QAC is the same. Halberd still has that weird anomaly where you can QAC to the right. HSB combos are still in full effect. Luigi is still a ***** and a half to beat. If I may be so bold, I'd say Pikachu is unchanged

Soul.

The ledges are the only thing that were changed. Placebo might be a factor; I'll keep checking.
Pika wasn't touched at all.

Aura Guardian

Smash Rookie
Was aerial Thunder jolt nerfed? Just a question. I don't seem to have much freedom with secondary thunderjolt follow ups as fast as I use to.

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
Maybe it's just me after messing around with Pika and reading this topic, but am I the only one who feels like maybe Pika's QA angles were changed a little bit? Disregarding QALC, when i'm in the middle of the stage QAing around, sometimes i'll end up throwing out a skull bash instead on accident. It's weird, because i've never done that before (well, maybe once or twice, but not three times within a given match)

Maybe it's just me messing up my inputs, hah, but I was just wondering if anyone knows if the angling on his QA was changed at all. It feels really awkward to fail at trying to QALC AND move around the stage all derpy. @.@"

Soul.

How different, though? Was he talking about QA ledge cancels?
I don't see a difference [on the move itself].

Last edited:

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
ugh they did SOMETHING to our quick attack, I can't tell what it is though. I'm pretty sure its not placebo, but it could be.

RODO

Smash Ace
If you ever quick attack canceled on platforms frequently before the patch it's obvious. The angles are slightly different than they used to be but its still there.

D

Deleted member

I was using the angles from ESAM'S QAC video and they are different somehow. Still trying to lab.

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Since I actually didn't get into using QAC yet, I didn't try it, but everything else I was testing out felt the same, so except for that, I think Pikachu is off without much change again.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I'm sick and weak and can't get out of bed to lab. Does anyone have anything conclusive on what they did to my QA? QA is bae.

Soul.

QA wasn't changed.
The new angles/whatever are better than nothing. Placebo is another thing; ledge cancel changes seem to be true however.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if it's just me, but dtilt seems to be able to link into itself twice before knocking the opponent away, provided it doesn't trip.
I noticed it during play yesterday, it used to hit opponents away immediately but now I can hit it twice. Can't remember who exactly I was hitting with it, though :p
Maybe someone can test it?

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if it's just me, but dtilt seems to be able to link into itself twice before knocking the opponent away, provided it doesn't trip.
I noticed it during play yesterday, it used to hit opponents away immediately but now I can hit it twice. Can't remember who exactly I was hitting with it, though :p
Maybe someone can test it?
At lower percents I wouldn't be surprised if down tilt sometimes his twice.

I tested a little, true combos puff at 15% and fox at 30%

Top Bottom