• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0-to-Deaths with Meta Knight's U-air > Footstool

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
@ItoI6 originally uploaded a video showcasing combos on characters with MK's footstool, but Ito doesn't have access to better recording equipment so I decided to recreate them with my own capture card. Footstools after U-air is really important to master as a MK main. They can lead to awesome combos or tech chases.

But yeah here it is. I didn't research what other characters have this stuff on them, but you of course can footstool any opponent after a U-air so play around with it!

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Is this a true combo after they fail to tech their landing from the footstool? I mean, is that the only opportunity they have to escape?

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
So what's the string of moves you use? I can see they all start with dash attack > up air > foot stool, but what's guaranteed after that?

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
So what's the string of moves you use? I can see they all start with dash attack > up air > foot stool, but what's guaranteed after that?
Well, it depends on their weight. If you tell what I'm doing to lead into the footstool then can't you tell what I'm following up with?

Ei_to_z

Smash Rookie
Does this still work post 1.0.8? I'm trying it right now, and comparing my attempts to the video, Ness ends up with 33% after the three Dtilts, 39% after the dash-attack, and then I just can't chain the necessary Up-airs before he gets knocked out of the combo.

But maybe I just suck.

I realized what I was doing wrong. Gosh I feel stupid now. Feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to get the timing required to fast fall in time to meet the footstooled opponent on the ground in time to connect dtilt. Is there a visual cue I should look for? I haven't tried spamming the stick until mk fast falls, should I be doing that? I really want to get the hang of post footstool okizeme.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
I can't seem to get the timing required to fast fall in time to meet the footstooled opponent on the ground in time to connect dtilt. Is there a visual cue I should look for? I haven't tried spamming the stick until mk fast falls, should I be doing that? I really want to get the hang of post footstool okizeme.
use your double jump right after the footstool

GenG

Smash Lord
Are these combos DIable? And after trying the Ness one, it doesn't seem kill in most stages due to high ceiling, so I can see Smashville and low ceiling stages banned in counterpicks against MK.

Even if you don't kill, being able to rack 60% in a single combo is absolutely sick. Looks like patch material to me.

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
@ Bonk! Bonk!

What are the conditions for U-air to true combo into footstool? Does the percent matter? Can you footstool from SH U-air? How many U-airs can you do before the footstool is impossible?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
It varies from character to character(rage makes it work sooner), you basically want the final hitbox of DA then FH Uair and footstool. This doesn't work on Jigglypuff or Fox both are extreme in fall speed, Jiggly falls too slow so she can jump before she hits the ground and Fox falls too fast for us to follow up.

Getting turn around Dtilt requires frame perfect input, so most of us who still use footstools will FF Nair or FF Bair or hover above and land on them with tornado for max damage.

You shouldn't be thinking about obliterating your opponent, just think about getting as much damage as possible.

Even if you don't kill, being able to rack 60% in a single combo is absolutely sick. Looks like patch material to me.
there's other characters that get more reward than MK bruh, look at Captain Memelord easy combo's out of down throw and gets more reward.

Last edited:

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2
Are you replying to me?
Like if yes.
Also, in the video, it doesn't showcase turnaround d-tilt, so in what cases would you need to turnaround? Also, I'm not trying to seal the soul of my opponent, I was just wondering how to true combo into the footstool because usually after my U-air I miss the footstool. So I thought that it was the wrong percent or it's not guaranteed. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2
Are you replying to me?
Like if yes.
Also, in the video, it doesn't showcase turnaround d-tilt, so in what cases would you need to turnaround? Also, I'm not trying to seal the soul of my opponent, I was just wondering how to true combo into the footstool because usually after my U-air I miss the footstool. So I thought that it was the wrong percent or it's not guaranteed. Thanks for the info!
Against a real opponent, they are able to DI the footstool. This means they can possibly land behind you. That is why it is important to use turnaround D-tilt.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Lol nope. I'm at a hotel atm so I have wi-fi for the day. I have like two more weeks before I come back.

Top Bottom