• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Über Team

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice

Darkrai - Bad Dreams
Timid@Leftovers
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
EVs: 252 Spd/SAtk, 4 noe..

Great starter. :) An accurate sleeping move, and some good type coverage.

Heracross - Swarm
Adamant@Choice Scarf
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
EVs: 252 Atk/Spd, 4 whatever.

Amazing in the uber enviroment! Psychic is s pretty uncommon attack, so is any flying attack, really. Good resistances, and outspeeds about anything. ^^

Dialga - Pressure
Timid@Choice Specs
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
EVs: 252 Spd/SAtk, 4 something..

Some great resistances, which makes it really easy to switch in. :)
Draco Meteor is kind of a finishing move, and does hurt everything really well. Thunder for Kyogre, Aura Sphere for other things. :p Dragon Pulse is good to have late game.

Forry - Sturdy
Relaxed@Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
EVs: Full HP, 400 defence and the remaining EVs in atk.

Tankish. ;) Stealth Rock (> spikes, when about everything in the uber environment can fly. >_>) + Lugia = too good. And I'd got enough sweepers to finish of a weaken team.
Gyro Ball do hit a lot, and EQ hits the things who resist Gyro Ball.

Lugia - Pressure
Calm@Leftovers
- Aeroblast
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave
EVs: Max HP, and a defensive spread.

Cool, annoying.. Yep.

Wobbuffet - Shadow Tag
Boosts sp/def, reduce sp/atk@Leftovers
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Splash! :D
EVs: Full HP and Def~Sp.Def.

Cool. and isn't banned anymore. :) Splash is amazing, and usually sweeps through the entire team of my opponent. Well, it'd got a lot of PP, and I'll win Wobbu vs. Wobbu matches, thanks to counter. ;) Well, will probably be able to survive longer than my opponent.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
It does take 1/4 HP from recoil, so it will eventually die against other Wobbu's,

ss118

Smash Master
Shadow Tag's Ability was changed so it can run against other people's Shadow Tag's, so a Wobby-Fight is impossible unless your both that stupid.
Roost>Recover: It can possible get rid of an electric weakness that something you've paralyzed is trying to take advantage of.
I don't think Forretress should be in here, but it could keep Shedinja from ruining you. If that's the case, replace Rapid Spin with Explosion, since most uber teams don't use SR or spikes, and you could take something down with you (or at least a chunk of their HP).
Dialga is good.
Wobbufet should have Safeguard. it can protect your physical attackers from the commonly used WoW.
Heracross should go. It can't survive in Ubers, not even as a Revenge Killer. Floatzel would do a better job at that. I suggest using a CB Metagross over him. You need SOME Physical Attacker.
Darkrai is asking for a Choice Scarf. A first Turn "Guaranteed" Sleep against an opposing starter that would usually outspeed you is good. Make it Modest, though.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Ya, found out about Shadow Tag's change some days ago. Guess I should use something else over Splash. x]

Forry is great, so is Stealth Rock. >_> It'd counter a lot, not only Shedinja. And Shedinja isn't a that huge threat, even though I just got like 3 pokémons with attacks which do hit it.

Uh, Heracross pwns and Choice Scarf on Darkrai is suicide. And I won't waste a Dark Void on a pokémon with Sleep Talk, I'll rather use it when I need it.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman

Darkrai - Bad Dreams
Timid@Leftovers
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Heracross - Swarm
Adamant@Choice Scarf
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Amazing in the uber enviroment! Psychic is s pretty uncommon attack, so is any flying attack, really. Good resistances, and outspeeds about anything. ^^

Dialga - Pressure
Timid@Choice Specs
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor

Draco Meteor is kind of a finishing move, and does hurt everything really well. Thunder for Kyogre, Aura Sphere for other things. :p Dragon Pulse is good to have late game.

Forry - Sturdy
Relaxed@Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Tankish. ;) Stealth Rock (> spikes, when about everything in the uber environment can fly. >_>) + Lugia = too good. And I'd got enough sweepers to finish of a weaken team.

Lugia - Pressure
Calm@Leftovers
- Aeroblast
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave

Cool, annoying.. Yep.

Wobbuffet - Shadow Tag
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Cool. and isn't banned anymore. :) Splash is amazing, and usually sweeps through the entire team of my opponent. Well, it'd got a lot of PP, and I'll win Wobbu vs. Wobbu matches, thanks to counter. ;) Well, will probably be able to survive longer than my opponent.
are you serious???

that darkrai can't be real.......and legendaries and wobufett are banned..........so, the only legal pokemon in your party are the herracross and forretress

wobufett will always be banned.........it was at the gamestop tourney

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
No way?! Oh, wait. This is a uber team.
is the whole point of this thread to tell us what a cool team it would be, just for fun........or were you seriously planning on using a team containing darkrai, dialga, lugia, and wobufett?

i hate ubers with a passion

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Of course am I planning to build this team. >_> This is not for show off, I want to see if I've forgotten something. I don't care if you'd hate ubers or not. The uber metagame pwns. x3

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Of course am I planning to build this team. >_> This is not for show off, I want to see if I've forgotten something. I don't care if you'd hate ubers or not. The uber metagame pwns. x3
battling with ubers takes no skill whatsoever...........that's just my opinion...........besides you'd never be able to use them in an actual tournament

whatever, it's your team, not mine

frenchfri

Smash Apprentice
lowradiation, this team is for the Uber Metagame... it's just like battling in standard OU, except you're allowed to use any Pokemon you want, and you battle other people who use mostly ubers. Yes, it still takes skill, since you need to learn what to expect in the uber environment.

Anyway, I don't think Forretress would be too helpful, since no one ever uses SR/Spikes. Heracross, I'm not sure, but I have my doubts about him.

D

Deleted member

Darkrai - Bad Dreams
Timid@Leftovers/focus sash/wide lens
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

he is a great startrer, but give him focus sash to ensure survivability, or a a wide lens(forgot its real name) to give more accuracy

Heracross - Swarm
Adamant@Choice Scarf
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
good coverage, except that u dont need EQ in uber enviornment,itl be more a weakness with choice scarf

Dialga - Pressure
Timid@Choice Specs
- Dragon Pulse/icebeam
- Aura Sphere
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor

Forry - Sturdy
Relaxed@Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

u realize that the uber enviornment has more than 2 times as much spatckers as it does defenders? i believe rapid spin is used less in the uber enviornment, so its better no to have forretress as a whole

Lugia - Pressure
Calm@Leftovers
- Aeroblast/thunder/icebeam
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave

aero blast is good for stab, but alas, it covers nil

Cool, annoying.. Yep.

Wobbuffet - Shadow Tag
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Splash! :D pp max FTW

9/10 in the uber enviornment, but i see that a n evire could really do some damage to this team. especially after motor drive

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
lowradiation, this team is for the Uber Metagame... it's just like battling in standard OU, except you're allowed to use any Pokemon you want, and you battle other people who use mostly ubers. Yes, it still takes skill, since you need to learn what to expect in the uber environment.

Anyway, I don't think Forretress would be too helpful, since no one ever uses SR/Spikes. Heracross, I'm not sure, but I have my doubts about him.
alright.........i know when i've been pwned

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
battling with ubers takes no skill whatsoever...........that's just my opinion...........besides you'd never be able to use them in an actual tournament

whatever, it's your team, not mine
>_> And what part of a "uber team" is hard to understand? Uber vs. Uber DO take some skill.

Uh, I guess you're not to familiar with the uber metagame. Any spiker/SR + Lugia is really common. And Lugia won't work that well without Spikes/SR.

Heracross is underestimated. Megahorn is great.
9/10 in the uber enviornment, but i see that a n evire could really do some damage to this team. especially after motor drive
Only Dialga got an electric move, and Forretress do counter it well enough. But I really don't think Electivire would be seen in the uber environment. Really.. What is it supposed to counter? And what does it do better then any uber?

D

Deleted member

>_> And what part of a "uber team" is hard to understand? Uber vs. Uber DO take some skill.

Uh, I guess you're not to familiar with the uber metagame. Any spiker/SR + Lugia is really common. And Lugia won't work that well without Spikes/SR.

Heracross is underestimated. Megahorn is great.

Only Dialga got an electric move, and Forretress do counter it well enough. But I really don't think Electivire would be seen in the uber environment. Really.. What is it supposed to counter? And what does it do better then any uber?
thats all it needs when switching to a kyogre, its pretty predictable
evire has one of the best movesets

Gray

Smash Journeyman
I'd replace Hera with a Life-orbed Deoxys F, with a moveset like T-bolt/Ice Beam/Pschyo Boost/Superpower.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
thats all it needs when switching to a kyogre, its pretty predictable
evire has one of the best movesets
Dialga'll be sent in against Kyogre because it does counter every single attack Kyogre got. Beautiful typing. <3 So really, Draco Meteor would probably be the move I use first against Kyogre's. Of course I'd predict a switch from a Kyogre. Thunder cool anyways. But still, Electivire won't be used in any uber team. It doesn't counter enough.
If you have a darkrai you obviously hack. and at least have a good darkrai w/wide lens....and if your not playing with clauses have DT.

And why would you have a fortress in a uber team?
I never said I'd have Darkrai. But I will get it, events ftw. Hope so, at least.

Because it walls physical attacks pretty well. >_> And Steel is a great typing in uber play.

D

Deleted member

kyogr can take a draco meteor and hax kill you with sheer cold

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

Darkrai - Bad Dreams
Timid@Leftovers
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Heracross - Swarm
Adamant@Choice Scarf
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Dialga - Pressure
Timid@Choice Specs
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor

Forry - Sturdy
Relaxed@Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Lugia - Pressure
Calm@Leftovers
- Aeroblast
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave

Cool, annoying.. Yep.

Wobbuffet - Shadow Tag
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

In ubers, everything thats OU needs special Def evs, I suggest that forry drops to 380 def evs and invest those into Special Def.

Hera Desprately needs more special def cause if you run into a mewtwo/mew you will be wanting that extra Special Def

Toxic is better than thunder wave cause it royally screws over Lati@s.

Splash makes me go ".-."

You have a big Deoxys Attack Weak.

EDIT: @ above poster please learn about the metagame, cause OHKO moves like sheer cold are banned

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Finally, something constructive.

Ya, Heracross do need some sp.defence, but I'm not sure how much I'll give it.

Thanks to the change of Soul Dew, Lati@s is not a that huge threat anymore. And Lugia can take some hits from a Latias. Thunder Wave makes everything much more simple.

I'll swicth Wobbuffets set. x] I might replace it with something else.

D

Deleted member

In ubers, everything thats OU needs special Def evs, I suggest that forry drops to 380 def evs and invest those into Special Def.

Hera Desprately needs more special def cause if you run into a mewtwo/mew you will be wanting that extra Special Def

Toxic is better than thunder wave cause it royally screws over Lati@s.

Splash makes me go ".-."

You have a big Deoxys Attack Weak.

EDIT: @ above poster please learn about the metagame, cause OHKO moves like sheer cold are banned
How does toxic screw lati@s????
heracross wont survive a pschicv from mewtwo, no matter what
forretress is useless, wit h or without special def evs, cause it has base 75 and 60 hp and spedef
andyes i knw that ohkosare bannedasare some items cause of HAX as i mentioned

Finally, something constructive.

Ya, Heracross do need some sp.defence, but I'm not sure how much I'll give it.

Thanks to the change of Soul Dew, Lati@s is not a that huge threat anymore. And Lugia can take some hits from a Latias. Thunder Wave makes everything much more simple.

I'll swicth Wobbuffets set. x] I might replace it with something else.
What changed in soul dew???
and is lugia able to take hits

also,heracross does not need that much special def evs as his choice scarf speed is 403ish,and mewtwo can only reach 394
there would also be no reasdon why anyone would want mewtwo or mew to have a choice scarf either

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Toxic kills Lati@s, since they won't hold Leftovers. It'll lose a lot of HP, and won't be able to build itself up like it should.

Mewtwo WON'T have Psychic in the uber metagame. That's why Heracross ***** it.

Forry is not useless. >_> Good resistances, superb defence and good HP. And itsn't supposed to be a dual tank anyway, so who needs great sp.defence.

Soul Dew raises Latias' Sp.Attack 50%, and Latios' Sp.Defence 50%. In RSE, Soul Dew raised both Sp.stats on both pokémon.

Yeah, Lugia is probably the best wall ingame. Of course it's able to take some hits..

Heracross DO need some sp.defence. It is supposed to be able to switch in on other Mewtwo's. Like any Mewtwo would dare to switch in on Heracross. >_>

Top Bottom