• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** ZP BRAWL MONTHLIES!! ** Next Date 2/6/10 ** Waft Oli & R@vyn Taking Teams!?!

Curaga

Smash Ace
The idea of having the right strat and mindset versus an IC is very true..

Unless you play Fox.

Then its just silly.

Yay for secondaries.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I'll be going to the next ZP Monthly, good job Lee.
Team??

ATTENTION: I'm updating the attendance list on the first page now with everyone that is/wants to come. Next Monthly on Sept. 12, 09 Start planning your rides and housing from now. So everyone post up and show interest that you want to come!! No excuses, lets make this happen.

-Lee-

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
unless i catch a ride, i wont be there

i got my car checked out while i bought a new tire today (140 dollars gone wtf), and i have like...$1500 worth of repairs necessary for my car. the pains of driving to smash tourneys all the time i guess

so yea...no more long driving for me in my own personal car until i get that fixed, but i'll still accept rides and throw down gas money. so if rx gaming goes again ill try to catch a ride with them

PolMex23

Smash Champion
My car is getting less than 20 mpg both city and highway...

And Its a Hyundai Accent...Alil korean car made to go 35mpg plus...

So, apparently theres much wrong with it. Ive abused it like a rough cheap Russian *****.

Time to replace several things and not go to smash stuff for awhile unless I get a ride.

No what this means? Only car in tampa will be Ed, unless Lade actually is able to drive around in hoping that his parents doesn't give him car restrictions(I would laugh so hard if they give him the 'ol "Mile Ticker" limits xD).

nevershootme

Smash Master
My car is getting less than 20 mpg both city and highway...

And Its a Hyundai Accent...Alil korean car made to go 35mpg plus...

So, apparently theres much wrong with it. Ive abused it like a rough cheap Russian *****.

Time to replace several things and not go to smash stuff for awhile unless I get a ride.

No what this means? Only car in tampa will be Ed, unless Lade actually is able to drive around in hoping that his parents doesn't give him car restrictions(I would laugh so hard if they give him the 'ol "Mile Ticker" limits xD).
cash for clunkers program :-p may wanna do that and get a new car

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
This in turn, makes you a Champion.

Totally need to hold a SMASHFEST @ Exit 93 Turn Pike Toll Booth!

We have refreshments for sale! 60c each!

Plenty of parking. XD

Too good!
Truuu come one now 60 cent sodas. Never see that up in central florida lol. Can I come if you go?

MnM

Smash Journeyman
So your basing "most ICs" , off of the guy that was using the wii mote and nunchuk?
I was telling that guy myself he can't only rely on the grab and that he needs to learn the pressure game.
The ICs cg is what makes them a decent character and w.o it they'd be virtually awful so ofcourse their whole game is pressuring there opponent into a grab.
But theres a whole other half to their game that isn't grabs , its pressuring them into it with desynched blizz/ice blocks. You said most iceclimbers can "just chaingrab" and if that was true theyd never win.
and yes ive won matches w.o the grab and with solo popo , everytime I fight Nick Riddle I don't even expect to grab him.
nah i wasn't basing it all off of that guy...just using him as an example. what i'm trying to say is withouth the grab ICs are at a BIG disadvantage.

oh and i'll probably be going to the next tourney.

GGrandhustle305

Smash Apprentice
ohh
i played that dude.
when i was focused on winning i actually did beat em.
But isn't infinite grabs banned in da tourney anyways if u call the gentlemen rule?
it was friendlies but yeah all he did was grab and on top of that pick's fd

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
ohh
i played that dude.
when i was focused on winning i actually did beat em.
But isn't infinite grabs banned in da tourney anyways if u call the gentlemen rule?
it was friendlies but yeah all he did was grab and on top of that pick's fd
Gentlemens rule applies to standing infinites.
Lee's a top tier tourney host , I'll definetly be at the next one.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yes

ur fault for getting grabbed in the first place and its possible to get out of it. and they have to step anyways

been done by me, riddle, esam o.o mash those buttonz son!

btw ill be at next one fo sho.

-!-

Smash Lord
IC are gay >_<

who was it that beat the guy to losers??? I know Emo^Wolf beat him in losers... but who sended him there o.O???

btw any word of videos o.O???

EDIT: Lee!

were gonna try to get the day off for this next tourney... will post back when we're confirm :)

Coffee™

I need it....
I sent him to losers 2nd round (his name/tag is Varr) and Dfear what you talking about? If the IC player does it right no amount of button mashing is gonna get you out.

As for the Gentlemans rule, there was never any specificity made for it stating it is only to be used for standing infinites. The Gentlemas Rule is a pretty dumb rule in general. I could understand it somewhat in something like Falco dittos but in general most people are going to take whatever boosts their chances of winning wheter it be an infinite or whatever.

As for videos. Some of them from the tourney are up on my account http://www.youtube.com/user/maniaclyrasist and more should be going up on Kiths account http://www.youtube.com/user/Kith000

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Actually R@yvn , under 40% while popo waits for nana to synch mashouts happen , or during the charge for the usmash =X.
As for the gentlemens rule only scrubs allow it -.-, good thing Lee knows whats up.

Next time I see you I'll give you that dollar btw , you saved my life with that drink :).

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
i hate diddy dittos so much. ive only lost 1 ditto match ever (to lee the first match in our set), but id much rather do it with any other character, even if it decreases my chances of winning.
Sigged :p

It was ran exceptionally well; I barely had a chance to chat with Lee because he was completely exerting himself into ensuring a perfect tournament.

Many others have expressed similar feelings, but from my own perspective; Lee has it down to a science.
Very good observation, glad someone noticed. It was to the point that I didn't even get to play any friendlies at all, no warm ups or anything. I'ma have to hook you up for the next tourny for noticing man.

EDIT: Lee! were gonna try to get the day off for this next tourney... will post back when we're confirm :)
Good Shiz. I would definitely like to see Naples here again. Good Shiz Emo Wolf on taking out the IC's, and sorry Mix for no friendlies but I was really busy and tried to keep everything under control.

-L-

-!-

Smash Lord
I sent him to losers 2nd round (his name/tag is Varr)

As for videos. Some of them from the tourney are up on my account http://www.youtube.com/user/maniaclyrasist and more should be going up on Kiths account http://www.youtube.com/user/Kith000
good ****

Thanks R@vyn, been wanting to see some matches I missed seeing >_<

Good Shiz. I would definitely like to see Naples here again. Good Shiz Emo Wolf on taking out the IC's, and sorry Mix for no friendlies but I was really busy and tried to keep everything under control.

-L-
Yea don't worry I saw you been too busy with everything and I think the only one you played was GDX. Next time hopefully we get a chance to :)

Top Bottom