• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoning chartcters

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
Like who's the best offensive/defensive zoner in the game that can lock down space the best?

My buddy is looking into Peach due to her zoning tools but I want to help him look into maybe the likes of links, puff, or whoever might have great zoning tools

Zodiac

Smash Master
Link is a zoning beast, mostly because he can freely alter the trajectory of his projectiles

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
i don't really get what you mean by zoning so i'm going to say a random character and hope that it answers your question

samus?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falco without a doubt.

If you're thinking something more traditionally associated with zoning & controlling space with hitboxes then Marth or Sheik.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Fox Zones well by baiting the opponent to approuch after a few short hop double lasers.

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
Like massive stage control he dislikes falco because he has been to a tournment was like WTF everyone is falco, fox, and falcon.

Also I think puff can control a larger range of space than marth in some cases which just a blob of bairs.

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
TO be fair marth isn't a great zoning member of the cast, buthe does in fact have range that he controls into front of him(little pass his own range). still he doesn't control the stage amazingly well other than if they are in a corner(where anyone can work : P) or on YS I guess.

But stage control is the topic namly with a combo of projectiles and hitboxes but movement can count too.

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
It's my buddy but i'd guess what he means by zoning is to just lock down the stage like someone who can set-up and just take control of the stage and can make it very hard to take back any space. Like vs peach she's great at zoning because of the turnips ranges, floating at a range at stop any easy get around, and proity to make a tempt wall.

Like Link with a rang/bomb out at once can eat like most of FD. By zoning it's just stage control and making it hard for them to take any bit back.

Smash Master
I think Sheik is the best because she has a lot of range on her tilts, and her jump is fast and high, so people have a hard time getting around her. She's also fast enough to claim center of stage quickly. Her down and back throws send the opponent pretty far forward/back compared to other characters' throws. If you want to back your opponent up against the edge, use Sheik.

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
Marth on Yoshi's Story definately.

I'd say spacies on Final Destination, specially falco.

Overall on all stages in the game I'd say Shiek's and Peach are the best at controlling the space you move on.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ugh Dhalsim, what a piece of crap it's pretty hard to get in but when you do gg. I think Zoning means sort of keeping a safe distance while putting some sort of pressure in your opponent's mind and on his character. Like throwing fireballs and trying to bait him into doing something you want him to do. Ya I also think Falco is really good at doing that.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Character's that control a bunch of space. Think ST Guile, SFIV Sim, Marvel 2 Cable, or BB Lambda.
I wonder if Fly's Ice Climbers would fall under this category. Ice block & blizzard desynch + free actions seem like he's controlling a ton of space when he plays.

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to see if he likes that idea it would be really neat to fight. Hard to master, but yeah first important reply. Ice climbers only really lose against peach and some closish even match-ups.

Top Bottom