• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Video Thread and Analysis

David Viran

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujdHbbKDfVs :4zss: vs :4falcon:

Been practicing and tried to take in the advice that was given before, like not using fsmash blindly without no setup, and would like some more feedback on my general play and the mistakes I do, and how I can prevent them or what I can do instead.
If you're wondering about the paralyzers, I just suck at b-reversals right now.

Also anyone have any idea what might have happened on the two times my character just failed to grab the edge? It happens randomly for me and I just zoom past.
The video is private.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Lay off dair a bit you got punished almost every time you used it. You didn't grab the ledge the first time because you used neutral b to early. The second time I think was you were in some sort of weird thing where you couldn't grab the ledge because you got hit so in that kind of situation you should be ready to up b. Use grab when he shields because you both dash grabbed each other and both missed where you lost because of the end lag.

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Ooh, that was flashy. I bet it registers as a true combo if you skip the final uair and go straight for the up B instead.

Full jump double uair onto BF platform is amazing.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Died at "Brawl Peach Player" since Marth, but I am EXTREMELY impressed with Leon's ZSS
Peach was my main chick during brawl so I'll ignore his use of Marth for personal reasons. But his skill at covering ledge area, especially against Wario is so crisp and clean.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Leon (Brawl Peach player from France) won a tournament with ZSS recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-ZKTh76K0#t=1h18m03s

here are the grand finals.
Impressive how he manages to basically hug the opponent constantly while still playing rather safe and just getting away to space stuff correctly.

Reminds me how all my favourite ZSS players have completely different play-styles in the neutral game.
It's a really interesting thing actually. Because her neutral game isn't so straight on, people have to actually get creative with her. The twist is that she has the tools to do so without the need to fall back on harder reads which seems to be the case with a lot of lower tier characters.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Impressive how he manages to basically hug the opponent constantly while still playing rather safe and just getting away to space stuff correctly.

Reminds me how all my favourite ZSS players have completely different play-styles in the neutral game.
It's a really interesting thing actually. Because her neutral game isn't so straight on, people have to actually get creative with her. The twist is that she has the tools to do so without the need to fall back on harder reads which seems to be the case with a lot of lower tier characters.
Yeah leon has always been a more aggressive player though.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Added all 5 uploaded sets from Leons last tourney to the op.
Things I've learned: fAir more, dAir more, disrespect more.
There is also a Yoshi match. Maybe we can use that for the MU thread.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
January 10 Tournament

Pools Matches -

WQF with Ampahros Rosaluma

WSF with Bonds Sheik

LQF with Grunyan Diddy

LSF with MJG Diddy

LF with Bonds Sheik

GF with Shaky Ness

I'll update with self critique at some point tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
WF quiK (ZSS) vs Semifer (Diddy)
Last weekend I faced a good Diddy. Fell free to criticize.

@ DeLux DeLux : Impressive matches!

Last edited:

DeLux

WF quiK (ZSS) vs Semifer (Diddy)
Last weekend I faced a good Diddy. Fell free to criticize.

@ DeLux DeLux : Impressive matches!

Quik, I'll do a detailed critique of this set if you do me one favor.

I need to know what color Mario's costume is in the version you have. Does he have an american flag costume or does he have some European country costume instead?

DeLux

@ DeLux DeLux I noticed you were sort of using side b. I thought you said that move was terrible.
Except in the RosaLuma Matchup, if I used side special I was probably trying to do a reverse paralyzer or buffer dash jump cancel boost kick and made a tech error.

A lot of the times I end up buffering the dash, but then I don't buffer the jump so the game auto plasma whips since it's the only option close enough it can perform from dash which is extremely frustrating.

Plasma whip continues to be terrible and should feel bad.

Hahaha, well in PAL he still has that 'Murica outfit.
Do people hate that version of Mario?

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Except in the RosaLuma Matchup, if I used side special I was probably trying to do a reverse paralyzer or buffer dash jump cancel boost kick and made a tech error.

A lot of the times I end up buffering the dash, but then I don't buffer the jump so the game auto plasma whips since it's the only option close enough it can perform from dash which is extremely frustrating.
I hate it when i side b instead of b reverse paralyzer

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

Plasma whip continues to be terrible and should feel bad.

Do people hate that version of Mario?
He has this costume because of his NES golf game.

Every time I play Mario I pick this costume to make bad jokes and quotes from the movie Team America: World Police.

hiROI

Smash Lord

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Paragon Vids from Pools

Loser Semi Finals
hiroi (ZSS) vs Ducky (Little Mac)
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/b/612448407?t=158m55s

Loser Finals (for Second Seed to get out of pools)
hiroi (ZSS) vs TheGount (C. Falcon)
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/b/612448407?t=167m18s

I literally was at a lost with Falcon and was serving whiff moves all matches. I would really appreciate some feedback. I'm the Latino with the gray and yellow sweatshirt c:
I saw your matches live, the Falcon had a nice Winners Finals match before he fought you so I assumed he is pretty good.
I feel like Falcon is a solid MU for us, but he absolutely destroys everything if you let him.
I tend to be extra cautious against Falcons and never throw out any laggy moves at all if I haven't set them up.
You should also try to keep your distance, force him to approach and punish repetitive approaches and mistakes.
Basically run away and poke until something connects :nifty:

hiROI

Smash Lord
I saw your matches live, the Falcon had a nice Winners Finals match before he fought you so I assumed he is pretty good.
I feel like Falcon is a solid MU for us, but he absolutely destroys everything if you let him.
I tend to be extra cautious against Falcons and never throw out any laggy moves at all if I haven't set them up.
You should also try to keep your distance, force him to approach and punish repetitive approaches and mistakes.
Basically run away and poke until something connects :nifty:
Thank you! When playing, I noticed that retreating bairs and spaced nairs worked, but once he is inside me, I completely goofed and did not know what to do to get back in the neutral game. There's a tournament this Saturday and I'll try to up my keep away game for it.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Anyone have some good videos of the ZSS vs Link match up?
I might, its just a matter of when i can record them off of my replays and upload them to youtube, and i dont have much time to do that right now.

But one thing to do is you can punish a charging arrow or even the start up of the boomerang with down b.

hiROI

Smash Lord
WATO-IG Grand Finals Doubles

hiroi (ZSS) & Draconoa44 (Ness) vs Dolo (Diddy) & HiHatz (Ganondorf)

Set from Doubles Grand Finals. My team used the same strategy NickRiddle and Shakey use in Brawl and its so gorgeous. Favorite moment was after the mega clutch hype of Game 5, Hungrybox said "Shoutout to the LGBT Community for winning Grand Finals." That made me giggle a lot since I was about to pass out

Edited so its easier to view

Last edited:

Muffin!

Smash Apprentice
So I'm a scrub compared to most of you but was hoping I could get some feedback. I do pretty well on FG but encountered this beesnipe guy that absolutely rocked me today. Was taking stocks from me on a ratio of almost 10:1. He wasn't the most technically impressive player I've encountered, but he always made the right decision and I had a lot of trouble hitting him. This was probably my best showing against him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbTrE2oN3o&feature=youtu.be

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
So I'm a scrub compared to most of you but was hoping I could get some feedback. I do pretty well on FG but encountered this beesnipe guy that absolutely rocked me today. Was taking stocks from me on a ratio of almost 10:1. He wasn't the most technically impressive player I've encountered, but he always made the right decision and I had a lot of trouble hitting him. This was probably my best showing against him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbTrE2oN3o&feature=youtu.be
He definitly was a jumper, you could challenge him with full hop fairs, nairs and good job with the zairs at first.
Another thing. Dont use down b as a movement option. Its too laggy. Its best used for escapes, surprise attack after a laggy move (especially those arrows) a combo finisher, (like after fully charged paralyzer) or recovery.
As for the uncharged paralyzer, dont follow up unless you see it hit.otherwise youll whiff a grab. You can also mix up with dash attack.

And back throw has very little endlag, so you can get a free dash attack afterwards, to upsmash at that low percentage.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I don't really think I have to much of a problem with falcons as opposed to luigis but can I get some tips on this set I played 2 weeks ago in bracket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBZMKUPSz8&index=4&list=PLe5nQdhHqwUXkebe1yI_14ezqU84R6dtI

Pretty salty the set is cut for some random reason oh well.... also please tell me I'm not the only one who had an orgasm with how G2 was ended.

My god I really need my shaver from amazon to get here I'm starting to look like I'm out on parole.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I don't really think I have to much of a problem with falcons as opposed to luigis but can I get some tips on this set I played 2 weeks ago in bracket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBZMKUPSz8&index=4&list=PLe5nQdhHqwUXkebe1yI_14ezqU84R6dtI

Pretty salty the set is cut for some random reason oh well.... also please tell me I'm not the only one who had an orgasm with how G2 was ended.

My god I really need my shaver from amazon to get here I'm starting to look like I'm out on parole.
Alright I need to know how that last game ended. You really wanted to style on him that first stock of game 3. You had the kill with a fsmash.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Alright I need to know how that last game ended. You really wanted to style on him that first stock of game 3. You had the kill with a fsmash.
Yeah man I was playing somewhat hasty because I went for only wii u singles and there was over 100 entrants so I was literally pulling out my hair waiting for my "fix" of 1v1 smash...

anyways heres the link from twitch
http://www.twitch.tv/evenmatchupgaming/v/3720893 the full set start around 6 hrs exactly and close to where the cut off was 6 hours :13 minutes.

In regards to that first stock yeah I kinda wanted to land my signature finisher but unfortunate I couldn't get into position fast enough, Glad i was wearing headphones because hearing the commentators talk about my usage of somethings was just....I wanted to ue side b to stage spike and made tons of input errors like all those times you saw me down throw and then randomly bair cause you know I clearly didn't want to land like 3 upairs on him.

Morks also said earlier today that CP to falcon was necessary because he felt he wasn't fast enough with luigi.

Top Bottom