• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tournament Placings Thread (NO LONGER UPDATING)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
BF4 July 18th, 2009 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219725

2/28, 5 dollar entry, 35 dollar payout

1- Pax (Marth / Kirby / King Dedede) (75$)
2- Shlike (Zero Suit Samus) (35$)
3- Broly (Marth) (20$)
4- Vorguen (Snake) (10$)
5- Magik (Pokemon Trainer / Lucario / Wario / Falco / Snake / Every other top tier)
5- Rei-Gun (Marth)
7- Vickey (Kirby / Marth)
8- MURDR (Snake)
9- Cloud (Falco / Toon Link)
9- Dark/ (R.O.B.)
9- Derk (G&W)
9- A-Bert (DDD)
13- Andilex (Diddy)
13- Alex (Snake)
13- Omega (Sonic)
13- Papi (Ice Climbers)
17- Bombchu (Lucario / Bowser)
17- Shank (Falco)
17- Denny
17- FRO (Lucario)
17- Ivan
17- Evil
17- Syoudous (Mario / Kirby)
17- Chicken Tenders (Falco)
25- Bokkie (Ness)
25- Aurice (Diddy / Luigi)
25- PPXPanda
25- NOTHX (Pit)

should have some vids up soon

Stop ****** me Shlike.

:(

Magik0722

Smash Champion
wow without MK in a tourney the variety of chars is way better... i don´t care about MK being banned but this variety makes tourneys more interesting... btw congratz Shlike, 2nd place is great!
If you look at all the previous results on the thread you can see that all that changes is that instead of MK being besides Pax's name is it has Marth / Kirby now

Really what I see is for top 8 is marth, ZSS, marth, snake, top tiers lol, marth, marth, snake
Vorguen only put "every other top tier" to mess with me, i played majority PT with falco and wario one game each, 2 games with lucario
and what no mention of PT?

noradseven

Smash Lord
If you look at all the previous results on the thread you can see that all that changes is that instead of MK being besides Pax's name is it has Marth / Kirby now

Vorguen only put "every other top tier" to mess with me, i played majority PT with falco and wario one game each, 2 games with lucario
yeah well the way he worded it was you just mess around, but other than u and the ZSS it was all marth and snake, so not much variety like someone was saying.

Vorguen

Smash Champion

Magik goes predominantly PT, I'd say about 75% of his matches are PT. His PT is legit, and he uses it plenty.

However, he does resort to extreme counterpicking if he must. :p

sasook

Smash Champion
So, I went to my first tourney ever today. It was really fun, there were tons of people there. Didn't win any tourney matches (didn't expect to) but I got in some friendlies, met some really cool people. I met Snakeee, talked to him a bit. He and his bro look like freakin' G's, I swear. The way they were dressed, it looked like they ran a nightclub or something. And Snakeee's voice is so different from what you'd expect, lol. He's a really chill guy too.

As for the actual tourney:

I entered low tier singles, low tier doubles, and regular singles.

Didn't really go ZSS til loser's round in regular singles, when I was up against Chaosmarth. He knows the Link matchup really well, so I figured I'd try ZSS. Didn't really work out, lol. I need more Marth experience.

(this was all Link):
LT singles - first round, I got Ninjalink. Got his Ike to last stock, decent percent, then got ***** by his Jiggz on Delfino. Then I got a bye in loser's, then lost to KirinBlaze in dittos.

LT doubles - Mage and I lost to (I forget) and then got ***** by Atomsk and Vex.

Regular singles - I got Mintyflesh first round. Lost to his Marth, then got Chaosmarth in loser's. Lost first match against as Link on Lylat (lived to 232% first stock) then went ZSS. Lost, and then I went and asked Snakeee how to play it. lol

I met a loooot of cool and really good people. Overall, I had a lot of fun.

Snakeee

Smash Master
So, I went to my first tourney ever today. It was really fun, there were tons of people there. Didn't win any tourney matches (didn't expect to) but I got in some friendlies, met some really cool people. I met Snakeee, talked to him a bit. He and his bro look like freakin' G's, I swear. The way they were dressed, it looked like they ran a nightclub or something. And Snakeee's voice is so different from what you'd expect, lol. He's a really chill guy too.

As for the actual tourney:

I entered low tier singles, low tier doubles, and regular singles.

Didn't really go ZSS til loser's round in regular singles, when I was up against Chaosmarth. He knows the Link matchup really well, so I figured I'd try ZSS. Didn't really work out, lol. I need more Marth experience.

(this was all Link):
LT singles - first round, I got Ninjalink. Got his Ike to last stock, decent percent, then got ***** by his Jiggz on Delfino. Then I got a bye in loser's, then lost to KirinBlaze in dittos.

LT doubles - Mage and I lost to (I forget) and then got ***** by Atomsk and Vex.

Regular singles - I got Mintyflesh first round. Lost to his Marth, then got Chaosmarth in loser's. Lost first match against as Link on Lylat (lived to 232% first stock) then went ZSS. Lost, and then I went and asked Snakeee how to play it. lol

I met a loooot of cool and really good people. Overall, I had a lot of fun.
We look like "G"s? lmao. I suppose so, but even though I like a bit stereotypical I am nothing like the act I usually put up :laugh:
But, I don't get that bc I wasn't wearing anything spectacular today or anything lol.
And what did you expect me to sound like?

Sorry if I was a bit standoffish to you, it was soooooo hot in there, and it was really bothering me...I'm not going to john about how I placed today because of it though lol.

Also, both Minty and Chaosmarth have faced me in multiple tourney sets. So unfortunately they had good ZSS practice for you...sorry :(
Don't be discouraged about the first tourney you entered. You'll get there.

sasook

Smash Champion
Lol, you didn't seem "standoffish" at all, I thought you were really nice. And yes, it was a furnace in there.

Um, I dunno, I guess you would sorta sound like more...I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess a whole lot more deeper?

Also, why were you still up at 5am? Don't tell me the tourney lasted that long? O_O

Snakeee

Smash Master
Lol, you didn't seem "standoffish" at all, I thought you were really nice. And yes, it was a furnace in there.

Um, I dunno, I guess you would sorta sound like more...I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess a whole lot more deeper?

Also, why were you still up at 5am? Don't tell me the tourney lasted that long? O_O

Heh, sorry I don't sound as masculine as you had hoped lols.
I was up that late bc well it didnt end till like 2 and then I ended up driving a few ppl from BK home in the middle of the night -_- . Was pretty much on the way but it took us forever figuring out how to get everyone home. Along with that I also have chronic insomnia which I had all my life. However, I have never done anything about it really, but it's getting a little better.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Snakeee said:
Brawl Singles:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...awlsingles.gif

1: Ratman - Snake
2: Zeton - Fox
3: Holmes - Zero Suit Samus
4: Amazing Ampharos - Game & Watch
5: Razor - Meta Knight
5: Joker - Snake
7: Kit - Wario
7: Affinity - Meta Knight
^
anyone know who this is
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=130216

One of our guys.

Most good, respected players that have played him in tournament have said that his ZSS is really non-traditional, and that's what completely throws them off. I remember Dphat telling me, back in late February after he lost to Holms in pools at NO KOAST, that Holms gave him a lot more trouble than Snakeee did at CoT4.

I'll try to get him to become more involved in this community.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
That´s what I like to call a mind**** snakeee.

Actually, it´s cause these peruvian key boards are weird and I can´t figure out how to use parentheses so I just clicked quote on the closest post and deleted your quote

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NickRiddle - Florida Gaming 8/08 - 2/45 - $10 entry - $130 prize

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244304

Brawl Singles-
1.Seibrik(Metaknight) - Lost to noone
2. Nickriddle(ZSS) - Lost to seibrik
3: CO18 (Dedede/Lucario) -Lost to seibrik +nick
4: chaz (Metaknight/Marth) - Lost to Seibrik+Co18
5: HRnut (Snake/Mk/Falco) - Lost to Nickriddle+chaz
5: Mero(Mk) - Lost to Nickriddle+co18
7: GDX(Diddy/GaW) - Lost to Afro+Chaz
7: Afro(Snake/Wario) - Lost to Hrnut + Mero
9: hbox(Dedede)- Lost to Mero+Chaz
9: Mampam(Snake)
9: TommyG(Falco)
9: Ryo(Ike)
13: Gallax(Snake/pikachu)
13: bonesaw(Metaknight)
13: Swiss(Snake)
13: Raddix(Snake)
17: Wonderbread(Mk)
17: Munk(Dedede)
17: dare
17: MK18(Wario)
17: Masky(Wario)
17: Rust(Olimar)
17: Fearless(Olimar)
17: QT Jezebel
25: Galudda(IC's)
25: Deadweight(ROB)
25: LC
25: Mank
25: Ace76
25: Edg
25: Lio(Toon link)
25: Gecho(Gaw)
33: Crazy Cuban(pit)
33: wbread
33: Xdeath
33: Vegetables
33: Artic
33: Fuzz
33: monk(Mario)
33: Sensei(Mario)
33: Godmeowmix(Toon Link)
33: CRSN(Zelda)
33: Dtorr(Yoshi/Diddy)
33: 8Bit
33: Chase Lueviere
33: Pie

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Did you beat HRNut's falco? If so, any tips on how to approach the matchup?
Full hop plasma whip?

In all honesty, he could have beaten me, but he decided on my last stock that it was time to stop camping... And everybody knows that ZSS > non-camping Falco.

The match on FD vs. him was ****ing stupid though... On the plus side, every time I hit him, I gave him at least 40%, so if I get better at dodging lasers... I'll beat him every time.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snakeee - Enemy Controller Presents: No Maps! Princeton, NJ 8/8 - 5/69 - $10 entry - $16 payout

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244350

I got 3rd in teams with Atomsk, and also 3rd in low tier teams with Rhyme.

I was kind of annoyed at my match with Fatal bc messing up the CG on Snake costed me both games, as it was free f-tilts for him -_-.
On a similar note, the 3rd game against Ksizzle, I was messing up the grab release - DACUS with Sheik.

Oh well, not bad considering how redic this region is.
Good stuff at yours, Riddle.

sasook

Smash Champion
I was kind of annoyed at my match with Fatal bc messing up the CG on Snake costed me both games, as it was free f-tilts for him -_-.
Snakeee, as soon as you see that you're gonna get knee'd by the first hit of ftilt, mash both sticks in Snake's direction as it hits you. You'll land behind him.

This could have saved you D:

Zero

Smash Hero
Snakeee, as soon as you see that you're gonna get knee'd by the first hit of ftilt, mash both sticks in Snake's direction as it hits you. You'll land behind him.

This could have saved you D:
Once everyone perfects this, the world will be a better place.

Zero

Smash Hero
IRC > Xat, in all ways. If you can't download a standalone client, or use a web based client, the Chatzilla extension for Firefox is your best bet. As far as I'm aware, most of the people in the room use Chatzilla.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Snakeee - Enemy Controller Presents: No Maps! Princeton, NJ 8/8 - 5/69 - $10 entry - $16 payout

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244350

I got 3rd in teams with Atomsk, and also 3rd in low tier teams with Rhyme.

On a similar note, the 3rd game against Ksizzle, I was messing up the grab release - DACUS with Sheik.

Oh well, not bad considering how redic this region is.
Good stuff at yours, Riddle.
You forget who messed up the iceys grabs 1st game as well. :bee:

Top Bottom