• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Zero Suit Samus- Quick Question, Quick Answer Thread

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Is this what people mean when they talk about stage/platform canceling ZSS' down B?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFgjY3CGec

You can see I immediately perform side B (complete accident) after sliding off the stage with the kick of the down B. If this is an actual tech, does anyone have tips for practicing it? Also, if this can be done with the regular down B (no kick), I'd appreciate tips for practicing that as well.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Is this what people mean when they talk about stage/platform canceling ZSS' down B?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFgjY3CGec

You can see I immediately perform side B (complete accident) after sliding off the stage with the kick of the down B. If this is an actual tech, does anyone have tips for practicing it? Also, if this can be done with the regular down B (no kick), I'd appreciate tips for practicing that as well.
Yes that is edge canceling with down b and technically you can do that without the kick but not on Bf platforms when it's most useful. That is because when you don't do the kick you go through the platform so you have to do the kick to not go through the platform.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Yes that is edge canceling with down b and technically you can do that without the kick but not on Bf platforms when it's most useful. That is because when you don't do the kick you go through the platform so you have to do the kick to not go through the platform.
Thanks for the explanation! Been practicing for the past half hour and it's just a matter of spacing.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
it is and it isn't because you can control her horizontal distance from down b so you can do it from all sorts of awkward positions.

here is a pretty good example I guess even though I still lost the set zzz..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8

I was aware of my tendency of making mistakes getting back onstage from the ledge when pressured and instead of choosing one of those lame options I decided to flip jump cancel x2 which let me stay alive long enough to literally sweep victory out from under him.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Can someone tell me how Zero Suit plays and general pros/cons? Just wanted to know for 2 reasons.
  1. Might pick her up as a pocket character just for fun, she certainly looks fun to play when I watch her.
  2. I haven't really faced off against her very much, and most of my experience fighting her came from For Glory, which is a sick game mode I'm now trying to get away from. Though when I did play For Glory, sometimes I get bodied by one, but most of the ZSSs I've faced are pretty bad and don't really tell me much about how her, and that might be a problem if I come across a good one in my local scene.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
These are a few generals, if you need me to go into some specifics, just let me know or anyone else on smashboards.
Can someone tell me how Zero Suit plays and general pros/cons? Just wanted to know for 2 reasons.
  1. Might pick her up as a pocket character just for fun, she certainly looks fun to play when I watch her.
  2. I haven't really faced off against her very much, and most of my experience fighting her came from For Glory, which is a sick game mode I'm now trying to get away from. Though when I did play For Glory, sometimes I get bodied by one, but most of the ZSSs I've faced are pretty bad and don't really tell me much about how her, and that might be a problem if I come across a good one in my local scene.
Pros
  • Quick
  • Agile
  • Decent combo game
  • Excellent recovery options
  • More kill options
  • Zair
Cons
  • Lightweight
  • Certain combos require strict timing and/or precise control
  • Some moves have a bit of start up
  • Down b is laggy use with caution
Neutral (can be pro and/ or con)
  • Fast faller

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
it is and it isn't because you can control her horizontal distance from down b so you can do it from all sorts of awkward positions.

here is a pretty good example I guess even though I still lost the set zzz..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8

I was aware of my tendency of making mistakes getting back onstage from the ledge when pressured and instead of choosing one of those lame options I decided to flip jump cancel x2 which let me stay alive long enough to literally sweep victory out from under him.
Appreciate the example, but I think you may have linked the wrong video :p

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Actually I think you can if your standing on it already. You can probably do the lowest horizontal flip jump to just land and slide off I gotta test

@ Take 5 Take 5 so yeah apparently my brain does not function well when I sometimes work 17 hours a day and have like 2 hours sleep.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBZMKUPSz8

Watch from 9:29 MinUtes.

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Actually I think you can if your standing on it already. You can probably do the lowest horizontal flip jump to just land and slide off I gotta test

@ Take 5 Take 5 so yeah apparently my brain does not function well when I sometimes work 17 hours a day and have like 2 hours sleep.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBZMKUPSz8

Watch from 9:29 MinUtes.
Watched the whole set. Really digging the wavebounce plasma whips as a spacing option. Need to learn how to do that consistently (about a 25% chance I do a wavebounce paralyzer when I mean to wavebounce plasma whip, and vice-versa).

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
@ pichuthedk pichuthedk I pulled off your dsmash Fox trot up b yesterday against another zss main online. It was the final stock and everything. He was using marth and it was glorious.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ pichuthedk pichuthedk I pulled off your dsmash Fox trot up b yesterday against another zss main online. It was the final stock and everything. He was using marth and it was glorious.
See that makes me wet doing it to another zss xD.
but yeah ending games like that is my signature finisher I am currently drilling myself on memorizing our frame data...errr well beginning frame data we have anyways lol.

@ Take 5 Take 5 thanks bro it's not that bad once you learn the input it will be like everything else just a second nature kinda feel, people say side b is bad i kinda agree, however once we master how to use it to just edge guard via the downward angle it sends people..... god help the stocks of all our opponents

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I once used side b as a combo finisher.
I fair planed this ike off stage, plasma whipped him into the blast zone and flip jumped back to the stage.
I saved the replay and il see if i can post it soon.

I even plasma whiped a little mac which set me up perfectly for a flip kick spike.

Edit: upon further examination, side b does not lead into down b, the little mac just let himself fall, which i saw to be the perfect placement for a down b spike kick
https://www.youtube.com/?app=desktop#/watch?v=NQXD6iSAFM4

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys say are the most important habits/reactions to observe and adjust to, as ZSS? Is there anything you look for first and foremost, or any situations you try to set up early in order to scout these options out?

Reaction on paralyzer block?
DI on Dthrow?
Reactions after landing? (In order to chase with grab or dash attack or others.)

This is all in addition to the standard good things to look for, like edgeguard or airdodge habits.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
What would you guys say are the most important habits/reactions to observe and adjust to, as ZSS? Is there anything you look for first and foremost, or any situations you try to set up early in order to scout these options out?

Reaction on paralyzer block?
DI on Dthrow?
Reactions after landing? (In order to chase with grab or dash attack or others.)

This is all in addition to the standard good things to look for, like edgeguard or airdodge habits.
Great question. One that you mentioned that I like is reaction on paralyzer block. Here are a few more:

-Reaction after getting hit by full jab combo
-Reaction after getting hit by jab 1
-Reaction after getting hit by utilt/usmash at low percent
-Reaction after shielding a zair
-Reaction after empty shorthop

There are so many, but those are some really common scenarios that I try to make note of early in the match.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So is it just me or is pp buffered downsmash sexy af.

She seems to cancel out the slide from it because of the step forward she takes for downsmash, it has my curiosity peaked at seeing how well it does for things like.

-someone just grabbed the ledge and your a downsmash away, do the first downsmash then pp downsmash immediately aND catch get up attacks

-or just retreating pp Down smashes against rush doen chars who will probably jump to punish you.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Q. Thoughts on Side-Special(Plasma whip) useage and practicalness? When it connects I find it extremely useful. Although I never see ZSS bust it out during tournaments, so I've been waning off using it.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Side special uses:
Landing traps
Cover wake up options
Roll reads
Risky edge guarding
Get off me tool (run away pivot plasma whip)

Practicalness:
Situational, where paralyzer would be better
Unstale other moves
Mixups

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Q. Thoughts on Side-Special(Plasma whip) useage and practicalness? When it connects I find it extremely useful. Although I never see ZSS bust it out during tournaments, so I've been waning off using it.
Useage - Tech Errors
Practicalness- Kinda random, but generally pretty terrible. Generally I hit with Side Special only when I want to hit with Boost Kick.

Let me know what you come up with since I think it's horrible.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've got a use nair to sour spot side b for a gimp. It's sad that side bs sour spot can kill earlier than its sweet spot.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I've got a use nair to sour spot side b for a gimp. It's sad that side bs sour spot can kill earlier than its sweet spot.
The sourspot is always fun to land on :4littlemac:, since it's mostly horizontal knockback + electric (so bonus) hitstun.

But yeah, tech-error seems to be my main use for it.

Related: Plasma Whip is the best Sspecial custom, right? Uses/etc?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Whip lash is the best one by far.
Oh wow, whoops - I meant Whip Lash, but for some reason thought that Plasma Whip was the name of it.

Anyways, uses? I've heard it combos into Boost Kick and/or Bair, is that true (and if so, percent range)?

NNID
Budget_Player
Whip Lash transforms a low-damage, laggy spacing tool into a low-damage, laggy kill and combo setup, and it is a big fat improvement. Landing the lash above 100 is a pretty quick and easy upB or bair kill. Always use that one, it is by far her best sideB.

Anyone know how to fight Pit/Dark Pit? Whenever I start juggling, he throws out the Orbitars and DIs offstage, where I can't really follow that well, given that he has like 3-4 jumps and that obnoxious bow. I feel like I struggle to get anywhere near as much out of advantageous situations, and go pretty even in the neutral.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Whip Lash transforms a low-damage, laggy spacing tool into a low-damage, laggy kill and combo setup, and it is a big fat improvement. Landing the lash above 100 is a pretty quick and easy upB or bair kill. Always use that one, it is by far her best sideB.

Anyone know how to fight Pit/Dark Pit? Whenever I start juggling, he throws out the Orbitars and DIs offstage, where I can't really follow that well, given that he has like 3-4 jumps and that obnoxious bow. I feel like I struggle to get anywhere near as much out of advantageous situations, and go pretty even in the neutral.
you can bait the orbitars with an empty jump and punish him when he puts them away.

if he goes off stage, you could do a falling fair and return to the stage with your second jump and a flip jump if necessary.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I have yet to play a Pit in tournament. What is an orbitar?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I have yet to play a Pit in tournament. What is an orbitar?
Dspecial, it's his new reflector.
Pulls out 2 shields, is super laggy, reflects and works like a secondary shield. Can be broken by too much damage, but I don't know the amount of HP they have off the top of my head.

Once broken, they have to regenerate, but not sure how long that takes either.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
How important has wave bouncing the paralyzer been to people here? I've been considering learning it, though it seems relatively tough.... seeing as I've pulled it of a grand total of zero times (OK, I've practiced for like 5 minutes before going to bed and going to work at 5AM, hah).

Given that, what are some of the best methods for consistently executing this maneuver? As far as I can tell, when given a certain forward momentum in the air, you have to tilt the control stick backwards, let it come to neutral, hit B, then hit forward. I don't know the frame tolerance on any of that, and I don't know if it's the only way to do the move.

So, what are people's thoughts?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
How important has wave bouncing the paralyzer been to people here? I've been considering learning it, though it seems relatively tough.... seeing as I've pulled it of a grand total of zero times (OK, I've practiced for like 5 minutes before going to bed and going to work at 5AM, hah).

Given that, what are some of the best methods for consistently executing this maneuver? As far as I can tell, when given a certain forward momentum in the air, you have to tilt the control stick backwards, let it come to neutral, hit B, then hit forward. I don't know the frame tolerance on any of that, and I don't know if it's the only way to do the move.

So, what are people's thoughts?
I use it pretty often actually and it's pretty easy to execute too. Just hammer the directional input slightly after doing the laser.

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
What does ZSS actually get out of Dsmash? The move interests me, but from what I can tell, it's just a situational edgeguard for when your opponent get careless.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
What does ZSS actually get out of Dsmash? The move interests me, but from what I can tell, it's just a situational edgeguard for when your opponent get careless.
Dsmash follow ups seem unexplored still to me. People have to respect that dsmash at the ledge because it is very good for cutting off ledge options. Depending on there recovery and/or angle of recovery you can catch them snapping to the ledge which could snag you a kill super early. The move is a good sheild poke as well because it is pretty safe on sheild but you can't get careless with it or you'll get punished.

Edit: I think a dsmash at mid percents is an easy double fair.

Last edited:

Milun

Smash Ace
Hey, I have a question which hopefully hasn't been answered: What are the best ways to counter Zero-Suit? I have a friend who I usually have a 50/50 matchup against, usually regardless of characters. But ever since he started using ZS he's been comboing me off the top at 35% pretty consistently.
I'm the kind of player who switches characters rather than tactics, so which characters would you say have favourable matchups against her? For the record, I main Yoshi if it helps.
Thanks!

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Hey, I have a question which hopefully hasn't been answered: What are the best ways to counter Zero-Suit? I have a friend who I usually have a 50/50 matchup against, usually regardless of characters. But ever since he started using ZS he's been comboing me off the top at 35% pretty consistently.
I'm the kind of player who switches characters rather than tactics, so which characters would you say have favourable matchups against her? For the record, I main Yoshi if it helps.
Thanks!
They actually did a MU discussion on this a while ago, and since I don't really play either character, I'm just gonna drop some quotes you might find insightful.

Hopefully not repeating some things, anyways similar to brawl kinda, ZSS destroys us if we're above her in the air, and we beat her if we're underneath or around the same distance except if we don't space our fair properly enough to avoid ZSS's nair.

With the loss of bair spam to shield pressure and wittle (or chip?) her percent up, our main way to rack up fast damage is basically Nair risking dair or tossing eggs which she can maneuver around even more easily with her mobility while if we attempt fair she can just zair us away or even nair.
Doing shorthop dairs puts us in risk of getting punished after the landing lag while full hop is basically going into the area she wants us to be for Uair chains to UpB since it can kill us around 30-65% before starting the combo (or just UpB only).
Then eggs, her run speed is fast enough to punish us (cause absolutely no way we do grounded egg tosses anymore) or even just jump over em with her downb to hit us while in the cooldown frames after our Upb.

Cause of Yoshi's body being medium sized, getting the UpB on him is easier than smaller characters of course, not dk bowser d3 size but still around there.
Despite knowing how to DI out of it I can only pull it off 2/5 times.

From ZSS being able to be more slippery than us and nair Uair/UpB shenanigans, being able to get her kill moves off easier if previous combo or with Dsmash paralzyer + UpB OoS but possibility of dying incredibly early if she makes a mistake and allows Yoshi to get a kill after we've been fishing for so long against her (like every character he has a problem finishing the stock off but especially harder for a character like ZSS) I'd say this is 50:50 too. Maybe 55:45 ZSS flavio once time goes on.
...​

MU rating 5.25/10 in Yoshis favor IMO

Yoshi
-Annoying
-Fast
-SUPER ARMOR
-Projectiles that COVER literally all possible Flip jump paths.

Pros for us
-Laser , Zair , and side B destroy eggs
-Flip jump to escape bad situations can come in handy.
-shield doesn't break from areial ground pounds with smart usage
-possible to gimp if you catch second jump off

Cons
-recoveries are generally forced to be lower because of his spike + egg pressure.
-His smashes can sometimes trick you into over commiting and eating fully charged ones.
-super armor shouldn't be challenged in the air you'll probably always lose the trade.
-Dair is BS can probably break your shield with rage.

Optimal Punishes
-When you shield a ground pound facing yoshi Downsmash OoS and boost kick.
-Missed Eggs can get you a free dash grab if the spacing is right
-whack him off stage if he tries to hit you without his second jump the trade is worth. you can probably gimp him if you get to him in time.

Ground Game
Yoshis ground game is kinda ridiculous in some aspects and then he has eggs which can cover and flip jump approach you make. sometimes when you get him into the air and expect to continue on him you can't because of his nair even sometimes from jab if hes above ground he'll probably get that nair. your tilts can also sometimes just miss him because of his attack animations, A lot of Yoshis frequent Dash attacks to keep you in the air or down throw -> up air combos. aside from their weird hitboxes on the ground you should be ok until you have to find away around egg camping.

Air Game
Yoshis go in the air alot for some reason to try and dair you or bair you since they are both multi hits and bair can actually kill you it's sometimes gonna require you to zair them back because if you do that they are gonna need to try ground approaches which paralyzer can trick them into doing something stupid, That or Eggs and more eggs.

Up air chains can generally work but you should probably be safe and chain them from d throw confirms , It's a pain but trust me you don't want to eat like 30% to a dair or yolo jump into his ground pound when your at kill %.

Moves to watch out for
Ground pound and your shield.
Yoshis second jump adds opportunities to gimp him
Yoshis egg lay can lead to a stock if your not ready to mash (or wait in cases where you should)

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Hey guys! Can somebody tell me some tips on how to use ZSS? And maybe a list of combos (including a Meteor Smash one) ? I'm starting to play with her a lot, and I wanna try getting into competitive by her.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Hey guys! Can somebody tell me some tips on how to use ZSS? And maybe a list of combos (including a Meteor Smash one) ? I'm starting to play with her a lot, and I wanna try getting into competitive by her.
[Throw combos[

Dthrow > up air up air, up b. (If they di above you, depending on the character, you can fast fall your up airs, jump off the groun and continue your up air strings.)

Dthrow> fair, fair (if they di infront of you)

Dthrow> up b, (if no di)

Dthrow > up air> bair> bair (if they di behind you after up air)

Dthrow > up air > fair (if they di in front of you after up air)
(Some mixups)
Dthrow> nair
Dthrow> bair (can kill at higher percents, may need to double jump)

F throw > fair
F throw, sh zair (depending on percent/di full hop zair)

Bthrow> dash attack, > up smash
Bthrow > fair, (if you read the jump)
Bthrow> rar bair
Bthrow > rar nair

[Meteor combos]
Bthrow> down b kick ( can kill very early, usually around 50% depending on the character)
B throw > sh down b kick (if at higher percents or read a jump)

[Paralyzer combos]

Fully charged paralyzer > down b (no kick) ((if landed over the edge, it will meteor, if landed on the ground willl bury, il get back to this later))
Fully charged paralyzer > down b (with kick no sweetspot)
Fully charged paralyzer > down b (sweetspot kick)

Fully charged paralyzer > down b bury > up smash/fsmash/ up b/anything. (Free follow up)
Fully charged paralyzer > down b bury> d smash > any follow up (to style you can down b again and stomp on them to meteor, or sourspot kick ((or if you do it right, you can sweetspot meteor them)) )

Single paralyzer > grab (follow up with throw combos) ((only works at low to mid percents, at higher percents, they can roll away before your grab comes out))

Single paralyzer > up b
Single paralyzer > dash attack
Single paralyzer > dtilt> sh zair ( or at higher percents full hop zair)
Single paralyzer > sh nair
If you land a single paralyzer off stage ( as an edgeguard), you can use your double jump and up air, or if at higher percents and last stock, up b for a stylish win

[Dsmash combos]

Dsmash> free folow up (dont grab as they will pop up from dsmash hitstun and you will whiff)
Be it up b, fair, nair, bair, even dair, or down b> sweetspot kick into stage bounce (or if close to the edge will meteor)
Fsmash, up smash, sh ff up air

[Zair combos.]
Sh zair > dash attack
Sh zair > grab

Edit: dair> bair also works at mid percents, can kill if close enough to the edge.
Or dair> back hit of nair

[Tricks]
B reverse paralyzer
Wave bounce plasma whip
Down b to escape some situations or as a surprise ledge option
On stages with walls, hold jump during down b to bounce off the wall as a recovery option
Run away pivot side b to space
Run away pivot paralyzer/fully charged paralyzer to create landing traps

Thats all that i havw so far, perhaps someone else can add to this list.

Last edited:

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
[Throw combos[

Dthrow > up air up air, up b. (If they di above you, depending on the character, you can fast fall your up airs, jump off the groun and continue your up air strings.)

Dthrow> fair, fair (if they di infront of you)

Dthrow> up b, (if no di)

Dthrow > up air> bair> bair (if they di behind you after up air)

Dthrow > up air > fair (if they di in front of you after up air)
(Some mixups)
Dthrow> nair
Dthrow> bair (can kill at higher percents, may need to double jump)

F throw > fair
F throw, sh zair (depending on percent/di full hop zair)

Bthrow> dash attack, > up smash
Bthrow > fair, (if you read the jump)
Bthrow> rar bair
Bthrow > rar nair

[Meteor combos]
Bthrow> down b kick ( can kill very early, usually around 50% depending on the character)
B throw > sh down b kick (if at higher percents or read a jump)

[Paralyzer combos]

Fully charged paralyzer > down b (no kick) ((if landed over the edge, it will meteor, if landed on the ground willl bury, il get back to this later))
Fully charged paralyzer > down b (with kick no sweetspot)
Fully charged paralyzer > down b (sweetspot kick)

Fully charged paralyzer > down b bury > up smash/fsmash/ up b/anything. (Free follow up)
Fully charged paralyzer > down b bury> d smash > any follow up (to style you can down b again and stomp on them to meteor, or sourspot kick ((or if you do it right, you can sweetspot meteor them)) )

Single paralyzer > grab (follow up with throw combos) ((only works at low to mid percents, at higher percents, they can roll away before your grab comes out))

Single paralyzer > up b
Single paralyzer > dash attack
Single paralyzer > dtilt> sh zair ( or at higher percents full hop zair)
Single paralyzer > sh nair
If you land a single paralyzer off stage ( as an edgeguard), you can use your double jump and up air, or if at higher percents and last stock, up b for a stylish win

[Dsmash combos]

Dsmash> free folow up (dont grab as they will pop up from dsmash hitstun and you will whiff)
Be it up b, fair, nair, bair, even dair, or down b> sweetspot kick into stage bounce (or if close to the edge will meteor)
Fsmash, up smash, sh ff up air

[Zair combos.]
Sh zair > dash attack
Sh zair > grab

[Tricks]
B reverse paralyzer
Wave bounce plasma whip
Down b to escape some situations or as a surprise ledge option
On stages with walls, hold jump during down b to bounce off the wall as a recovery option
Run away pivot side b to space
Run away pivot paralyzer/fully charged paralyzer to create landing traps

Thats all that i havw so far, perhaps someone else can add to this list.
Thanks! But how do you pivot? I forgot how to. ^^; And what's Zair, and Sh?

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Thanks! But how do you pivot? I forgot how to. ^^; And what's Zair, and Sh?
Ah yes... i forgot to mention terminology

Pivot: while dashing, press the contol stick in the opposite direction.
You will go into a skid animation, but you do not want to do this as you cant shield (you can however jump)

So to make pivots useful, press your attack button as you pivot to perform a pivot tilt, or you can smash your control stick in the opposite direction to do a pivot smash. Also if you press grab while you press the control stick in the opposite dirrection, you will do a pivot grab (do it to slowly and you end up pivot tilting instead.)

Sh: short hop, lightly pressing your jump button. I find this difficult to do in a heated match as i cant always judge how hard im pressing my buttons.

Zair: z air, pressing your grab button while in the air will let you shoot out your tether. Useful for poking at a distance, grabbing the ledge, extending combos (i once got a ko from a zair off stage), spacing, mix ups, and punishes.
Characters with ranged grabs (except villager and pacman) can zair. I. E. Link, toon link, samus, zero suit samus

Ff: fast fall, pressing down at the apex of your jump to fall more quickly to the ground

Edit: rar: reverse aerial rush. While running, quicly press the stick in the opposite direction and jump, then press forward A in the direction you were running, and you will be doing a bair with the momentum of a fair.

Some other terminology floating around specific to zss:
Up b= boost kick
Down b = flip jump (flip kick if kick is activated)
Neuteal b = paralyzer, laser, stunner,

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I use it pretty often actually and it's pretty easy to execute too. Just hammer the directional input slightly after doing the laser.
That results in a B Reverse. If I'm running and jump right, press B, and hammer left, I'll face (and move) left and fire left.

I want to be running and jump right, do the correct input so that I face right, move left, face right, and fire right. I believe this is called a Wave Bounce. I'd find a video if I weren't at work... I'll see what I can dig up later.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
That results in a B Reverse. If I'm running and jump right, press B, and hammer left, I'll face (and move) left and fire left.

I want to be running and jump right, do the correct input so that I face right, move left, face right, and fire right. I believe this is called a Wave Bounce. I'd find a video if I weren't at work... I'll see what I can dig up later.
If you are running right, to move left while facing and firing right, all you have to do is jump and hold left, then press B. If you do it correctly, zss will go into her backwards jumping animation which is a backflip of sorts.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

I thought a b reverse in air is called wave bounce... the more you know(c)

Top Bottom