• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
There's the guide but apparently a lot of that is incorrect
There's also a thread called "Complete ZSS frame data", search that up and you'll find...well, complete ZSS frame data. Only thing is it's hard to read (it is for me)

BioDG

Smash Ace
Cuz we're lazy and the board isn't as active as it used to be, I guess. I think this place is still moving because of only...what...8-10 of us at most?

If Nick's old MU threads are any indication, the best thing is to just ask a question about any character in the parent MU thread and we'll see how it goes...

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Maybe we should do a MU specific Q&A kind of like I did with the IC forum where people can ask questions as they want to.

It seems to be working better than every other board trying to do a long list of MU discussions

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any tips on the Wolf mu? I'll be facing Wolf more often now so any info would be helpful.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
What good ZSS players other than Bio would be willing to help me out or play me on wi-fi?? :(

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Can anyone give me a diagram of all the hitboxes on 2nd hit fair as well as the KGB and BKB for each?
Cause I've noticed that there are at least 3 hitboxes, with the sweetspot being easiest to hit with if you space it so that you hit the opponent with the tip of her foot. I want to know if any of the others are stronger than bair.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
You got it! So now I know the next 3 people I'll get bodied by. XD
Also, should I ever go for grabs outside of people being in stun for neutral b or down smash?
Edit: LOL! Yes you did!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yes, just don't be predictable with them, for obvious reasons.
As it was put in the guide, ZSS has a terrible grab but great throws.

Grabbing opponents on landing is good. Since Wario is always jumping around and approaching in the air and stuff, if he uses his DJ and he can't land on a platform you're pretty much guaranteed to land a grab. Obviously this doesn't apply only for Wario, the idea is that you can punish landings with grab as well.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Grabbing opponents on landing is good. Since Wario is always jumping around and approaching in the air and stuff, if he uses his DJ and he can't land on a platform you're pretty much guaranteed to land a grab. Obviously this doesn't apply only for Wario, the idea is that you can punish landings with grab as well.
you are right, but especially Wario is really risky, cause you can't never be 100% sure, where he is landing, cause of his godly air mobility.
actually little ironic to hear that from me, gaining half of damage cause of failed grabs :awesome:

BioDG

Smash Ace
Agreed with Quik.

In my opinion, don't worry about grab too much if you find yourself barely using it. Most of the time it's because the move is highly risky in a given situation. Aside from grabbing during stuns, I also grab to punish camping...though it's mainly when playing against Olimar/Snake. If Olimar camps pikmin or if Snake camps with nades, I'll just Dash Grab. Especially when they aren't mixing up jumps or spotdodges to bait my grab. I'd also use DG to punish recovery frames if I can't get there soon enough with any other means. One example would be the ending frames of MK's retreating Tornado.

I like that it's good for covering a lot of ground quickly when using the dash grab since it's a tether, which is mainly how I judge when it is can be used.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I use pivot grab a lot. Mostly for landings though. And how bio described against camping. Snake and Olimar would be my examples as well. I use grab a lot though. Mostly because i used puff before her and puffs grab game is fantastic.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I've learned to not do grabs too much from playing Bio. =P Well at least I kinda know when to grab now. Now is Brinstar or Delfino something I want to CP as ZSS?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Depends on the MU I suppose. If you're facing a Diddy player that has no secondaries then sure, Brinstar is fine. Brinstar isn't really a great stage for us as much as it is a great stage for characters like G&W, Wario, Kirby, etc. But it's not bad for us either assuming we're not playing against one of those characters. It's good, but imo we have better options such as Battlefield, YI:B (maybe that's just me) and RC.

Delfino, I have no idea lol. I never CP there XD
Uh...if you're playing a character with bad recovery and no meteor smash, I suppose Delfino is good because you can gimp them in the water. Again, it's not BAD, I just think we have better options.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Okay then I'll keep all of that in mind. What stages should I CP vs a Snake?

BioDG

Smash Ace
V: I like YI:B, too. Not sure why. I'm assuming it's because it has a long platform that can cause players to stay above us and we have a gimmicky downB cancel from the ledge to the decline lip.

Zanx: I like CPing Snake to FD or SV (if available) to discourage stage control.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Crap, I got ninja'd. BF and Delfino are good, too? The more you know...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You like weird levels. XD
BF is our best stage in the MU. It's the only level we can run in circles forever.
Delfino is good because Snake off-stage sucks... and Snake in the water sucks too.
FD is bad because he can camp.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Thanks from both of you. I'm trying to learn Delfino anyways haha. What should I do after I land a jab or someone shields it? Since most characters can PS the last hit :/

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Don't use the full jab combo on most characters. It only works on Olimar...I think Pit?..I think Kirby?
I don't remember the list lol. But yeah with a few exceptions, all characters can PS-->punish the 3rd hit.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Oops I didn't mean the full jab combo.
Should I do only the first hit or is the second hit then cancel it to something else better? What are the best things to do after either of the two hi?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
There are tons of options and whether they work depends on what your opponent does after you jab.
Jab1-->run away
Jab1-->jab2-->run away
Jab1 cancel-->jab1
Jab1-->dtilt/utilt
Jab1-->run behind and pivot grab
Jab1-->run further behind and pivot nB/sideB

Though whenever I use jab1 on Snake I get ftilted..so it doesn't seem like a good idea against him. Maybe my timing is just off though XD

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Okay, because even though I play online right now only I still get punished for messing up with jab stuff. (Going offline whenever I can once again) Gonna ask tons of other questions when I can.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Doesn't sound like a great team. If it were me, I'd just stick to being a support teammate and just hit and run while Peach does shield pressure and stuff.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I just love playing with Peach though. xD But okay, thank you Bio. Next time I'll know how I'm going to play then.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm gonna ask this here cause I don't wanna bump the myth thread that SFP made. I hope Xonar can answer this, he seems to be good with frame data.

For the sweetspot on fsmash..is it the rightmost red circle in the picture in that thread that's the sweetspot? Or is it another hitbox to the right of that one (which would mean it's not shown in the picture)?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It is the innermost hitbox.

The tip hitbox is weird. I think it kills REALLY early and has a 90 degree angle or something similar. I've never found anything on it though.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Forward smash is so funky when it is used, I like to use it when I'm being squished in doubles. xD Or just for the backwards hitbox when people least expect to be hit by it.

Top Bottom