• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus - Official discussion of her in SSBB

Stryks

Smash Hero
Her gun transfroms into a whip, with what i saw in the trailer the wip can grow in size depending on how it moves, so what this means is that not only will she have a projectile attack (Gun) but will also have a long distance attack if someone were to get close, so a guy like Bowser he has mostly melee attacks (except for his fire) it will be hard for him to get close, so in other words: Zero Suit Samus owns all!!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yes, I suppose Zamus will have Godly range like Marth. It would make sense if she was as fast and strong as him too... Maybe a little lighter but makes up for it with height or jump maybe?

Yes I can see it now...Zamus: the new Marth except more feminine and easier on the eyes, more people will be playing camera mode with Zamus than with anyone else!

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

fluffy

Smash Champion
...i wish that pikachu's electric attacks wud reveal sum skin like from ssb64 if u know what i mean.

Zodiac

Smash Master
SiGeL said:
I really hope that Zero Samus isn't only accesible from the Samus super, I don't think they would do that, though

Zero Samus for life!
They wont do it, this is nintendo, Theys imply wouldnt do that after showing her n the trailer like that, they just wanted her have a nice dramatic entrance,(Which she did!!!!) and I think a whip is jsut as likley as a sword considering Nintendo's way of changing things and amking them different ad better,(The only thnig that comes close to a whip is sheiks chain in ssbm) but If Zero Samus has a whip then Im totally maining her. Of course when I sayt hat, I mean maing next to Link.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Marshigio said:
No, I don't know what you mean fluffy...care to explain?
in the ssb64 version..when a character gets electrocuted, they become bones for a short period of time. but when samus gets electrocuted, the armor covers her but u get to see her naked body (its all turquoisish cuz they cant reveal real skin), but u see her form.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Ok thanks for clearing that up but since you can do that with Samus I am now going to go play SSB64.

I doubt they'll bring it back in SSBB though...

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Zero Suit Samus IS made for sex appeal. :) We'll just have to wait and see what Sakurai does to Peach now...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah this is depressing. I suppose this means Sheik isn't going to be in this game.

I suppose since this is now TP Link, Ganon and Zelda will probably be TP aswell. And thus no Shiek. That being the case, Zamus has just become the new Shiek.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah this is depressing. I suppose this means Sheik isn't going to be in this game.

I suppose since this is now TP Link, Ganon and Zelda will probably be TP aswell. And thus no Shiek. That being the case, Zamus has just become the new Shiek.
YES! Finally a big name who's agreeing with me on this!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They should be separate, it's more logical than any most people could think of.

P.S. Zamus shouldn't be the 'new shiek'. Zamus should be Zamus and if Shiek doesn't make it then there should be no replacements for her, otherwise this will start looking like SSBM 1.5.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Have you seen Zamus in action? It's Sheik.

Whip = Chain
Gun = Could equal needles, same effect with charging.
The tilts and smashes we saw are identical to Sheik's.

Down-B could tranform her weapon, or heck, even into Samus. (Doubtful)

All they'd have to do is give her an Up-B.

I'm nearly 100% positive that Zamus = Sheik. And if Samus can transform freely into Zamus and vice versa we may be looking at a Sheik/Samus type character. That's just broken.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Plus that Zamus as a character can easly replace Sheik. Since the whole idea of Zero Suit Samus/ Samus is based on Zelda/Sheik. Sheik is an outdated character, that likely never will get a role in any Zelda game anymore. Zamus recently appeared in Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Zero Mission (not sure though) and will likely be in Metroid Prime 3.

Sheik was based from her appearance in Ocarina of Time. And because Link is based from his Twilight Princess look, we can easly assume they will use Zelda's model from TP in Brawl to, thus being the same character as TP Zelda...

And as UndrDog said, their moves are ALOT alike. And what's the point of adding another "faster-but-weaker" version of a character who's almost indetical to the current one? Not counting the clones, no character from the other 2 SSB games play like each other... Sheik was broken in Melee, so broken infact that noone played Zelda because of it. This is a perfect way of replacing Sheik, because I don't think the characters can freely change to their other form.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm also going to add the fact that if Sheik makes a return later, she can be brought back. OR, perhaps Sheik will be in the game and she'll be more ninja-ish. That's my hope anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, that in my own opinion seems very unlikely since Sheik already has an unique made up moveset in Melee. I don't think they'll change Sheik because Zamus is alot like her... The only possibility is, is that Sheik is perhaps in Phantom Hourglass. But then we also need Cel Shaded Link in there...

But enough about Sheik. Did you guys saw how Zamus was tooling around with her gun in the Nintendo World event trailer? Perhaps that is the way to switch the gun into the whip or otherwise.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm also going to add the fact that if Sheik makes a return later, she can be brought back. OR, perhaps Sheik will be in the game and she'll be more ninja-ish. That's my hope anyway.
That's Smash's only shinobi, she's just gotta come back even though that chance to make it on to the roster is slim. Darn TP Zelda!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well the Sheikah Tribe does exist (sort of) in TP. And according to my theory, TP Zelda is OoT Zelda. So I'unno.

Anyway yes. Either that is Zamus' whip transformation or that's just her idle animation. We saw Link's idle animation aswell.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
3 moves aren't enough to confirm ZS as a new Shiek. Shiek's chain could only be controlled while she was stationary, I highly doubt her gun will be similar to Shiek's needles because in M:ZM ZS' gun charged up to fire a a stun shot [I doubt it will stun in Brawl].

Not to mention ZS weilds the gun all the time which wouldn't make since if she only used it for one move.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
That is a good point. I'm starting to see her as a Marth/Sheik hybrid now. However I still see her as replacing Sheik, even though I want to see more Sheik.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, the truth hurts sometimes. In this case, we have to come with the grips of reality and realize that Sheik may not return. If this happens, then we will need another tight ninja that will replace Sheik, but who?

killa k

Smash Ace
she won't have all her moves from ssbm but she will surprise us iwth her new moves and she won't sound mechanical anymore. we will hear her voice. she won't be as strong though but she will be alot faster. sux that there might now be shiek anymore

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Zamus' moves look surprisingly similar to Sheik's in the trailers. Plus there's her blaster (needles?) and her whip (er....chain?). And she's a fast, athletic, almost ninja-esque character from what we've seen, kinda like Sheik. Hopefully Sheik will still be in Brawl.
That being said, Zamus still looks pretty sweet, and if she was a "Sheik replacement" then I really wouldn't mind that much. The minute I saw her in the trailer I said "I'm gonna try her first". Smart move on nintendo's part to surprise us with such a cool character (the same can be said for Pit, who came outta left field and has a lot of people excited). The Blaster-Energy whip thing opens up a lot of opportunities for some sweet movesets. Perhaps Zamus' whip will be kind of like how Mewtwo's tail acts when he does his Bair, except on the ground.
I also hoping that Zamus is a completely different character than samus. Samus is a fully complete character who has been refined over the course of the SSB games. To throw in a Zelda/Sheik transformation now would be a bit awkward and Samus would have to lose a move, or at the least not gain any new ones if they are added. A "Super Move" transformation would also be hard to manage. What if items were turned off? Then there would be no way to play as Zamus if the Super item is neccessary. Plus, if teh Super item is needed, that would force Zamus players to play as Samus until the item spawned and they could reach it. A while back, someone mentioned that having Zamus and Samus be seperate characters would be odd because both are essentially the same character from the same history. But the same thing could be said about Link/Y. Link and Mario/Dr. Mario. Those pairs are the same character, yet they were put in.

In short,

WOOT ZAMUS!
:chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't have a problem with seeing :samus: then ZS in the next slot, I never had anything against clones. Hopefully ZS will be her own character and Shiek will return.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you have brought it up already, but have you seen how ridicolousy big Samus's feet are? Seriously, look at the official artwork. Her feet are huge! But I think it has went unnoticed because people look at other things on that artwork...

T-major

Smash Champion
Zamus looks cool, I won't be using her, but she's still cool. as long as she doesn't (thats right, doesn't) have her own character slot, she's OK in my book.

another thing, Zamus most likely won't replace Sheik; either Sheik stays in as a seperate character, or she isn't in at all. either way, Zamus will be completly different from Sheik

nuro

Smash Lord
Did anyone else know that Zamus has to crawl in the game she appears in (Zero Mission) to be able to get past small gaps in walls? Since she could not use her suit to transform her into a ball she instead crawled through gaps. This means that Zamus will most likely be crawling in ssbb.

On further note Zamus's weapon is quite interesting. Zamus's gun automatically charges by itself, which is indicated by a meter on the top left corner of the screen in Zero Mission. If the meter was not full charged when Zamus shot her pistol, a very weak beam would come out that couldn't hurt or stun anything. The weak beam's only use was to clear blocks away. Once the meter was fully charged Zamus's beam would be a bit stronger, instead of doing nothing to enemies it would stun them for a few moments. The meter would empty itself as soon as Zamus would shoot from her gun.

Zamus never used a whip in Zero Mission at all. It was only added in Brawl so that she would have more of a moveset to work with.

Zamus could wall jump like regular Samus can.

Thats pretty much all that there is for Zamus so far. It is likely a lot of her moves will deal with kicks and acrobatics.

I

i8waffles612

She looks like a GREAT addition to Brawl, probably the best so far. The only reason i am dissapointed is because her and Samus are the same character... They should have made them 2 seperate characters....

Her moves remind me of Sheik...

nuro

Smash Lord
the only problem if she replaces is sheik is that means that were likely stuck with another ridiculously broken character
Just because her tilts resembles Sheik's doesn't mean that Zamus will have the same priority as Sheik does. Zamus's Ftilt is not a launcher, her Dtilt sends them away, and her Usmash is completely different. Zamus is obviously more floaty than Sheik. Her runningA is different than sheik's runningA.

However, I will agree that the amount of frames each attack's animation take seem identical to each other. In terms of priority however they are different.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
Shes gonna be a shiek clone!
Shiek is not gonna be in brawl these are just my predictions.
Kinda like streetfighter theirs usuall clones of all the old school chars.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
how about something like a taunt to change into Zamus and then u cant go back so its like being punished.......kinda, i can see this happening>>>>>> samus taunts and presses a few buttons and then the armor falls off, this is one of the best trasnforms ive heard cus u can use samus until u want to switch, then u stuck and cant go back(cus armor came off!!)

or they could be two separate characters(most likely), this will probably happen because how they introduced zamus after they show samus,

hopefully its not the super thing that would kinda ruin it because to do a super it seems u would need items on, w/e i really dont care i JUST WANT BRAWL TO BE HERE ALREADY

o and for her moves, its obv shes like the new shiek (D-SMASH any1) jus watch the clip of her!!!!!! its so obvious

Fawriel

Smash Master
how about something like a taunt to change into Zamus and then u cant go back so its like being punished.......kinda, i can see this happening>>>>>> samus taunts and presses a few buttons and then the armor falls off, this is one of the best trasnforms ive heard cus u can use samus until u want to switch, then u stuck and cant go back(cus armor came off!!)

Captain Falcon: "Show me your boobs!"
Samus: "Kay!"

I'm not sure whether "taunt" would be the right term for that.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Lol, that would be hilarious.

Anyway, I doubt that the transformation would be caused by Samus just taking off her armor at will, or by accident. Maybe by taking a large amount of damage? That wouldn't work either because in the Metroid games, if her suit took too much damage she would just die. Not shed her armor, die. If I remember correctly from Zero Mission, she sheds her suit because it quits working... Nuro, it sounds like you know alot about the game, do you remember why she loses her suit in the first place?

I don't think they would give Zamus her own slot either because she only appeared in that single game, for what was not even 10 minutes of gameplay. And the game was just a remake of the first Metroid, but with an extended ending. I really do not see that being enough to give Zamus her own slot, that's all.

Top Bottom