• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus - Official discussion of her in SSBB

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
if samus's super transforms her into zsSamus, how will she be able to transform back?

since zsSamus doesnt have her suit, her physics will be more human like, faster falling, jumps faster, run faster, and she'll actually have a decent dodge(since she wont morphball anymore, man that was a bad dodge for samus) but she wont be NEARLY as strong cuz the varia suit gave her the power of a "heavyweight" character. and she prolly wont be able to wall jump...sad...

i do wonder what her ^B will be...and since she can't bomb jump, i wonder if her pistol has a grapple beam function in it used specifically after an airdodge to latch onto walls. hey anything can happen. we never knew there was a beam sword inside her pistol. who knows what else in inside there.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
They may make it so that she removes the Power Suit on her own, or maybe it just kind of disappears, then she can put it back on...I don't know. I just know it'd suck to have two different Samus characters.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
i can totally see zsSamus superimposed on Shiek's frame, but i hpe they dont resort tot hat because samus is NOT a ninja of any sort...actually wait...maybe she might be...she was trained by the chozo so that she could do melee combat(stated in one of the instruction manuals)...perhaps they taught her some for of ninjitsu...i HOPE she's not a shiek clone tho...NO!

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
I'm not talking her attacks. I don't want any more clones than are neccesary; I just think a Zelda-Sheik type transformation is the best way to go for ZsSamus.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Some of you are saying two seperate Samus characters in the game would be a horrible idea, but what about Mario and Dr. Mario? What about Link and Young Link? Mario and Doc are the same person just as Link and Y.Link are, and noone seems to be complaining about that. I want to be able to play as Samus, and I want to be able to play as Zamus, I don't want a "super move" or downB transformation.

How lame would it be to play as Y.Link, and press DownB to have a pedestal appear and pull out the Master Sword to turn into Adult Link? Some people will probably like that idea.. but I think that'd be really stupid.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
ScaryMunky said:
Mario and Doc are the same person just as Link and Y.Link are, and noone seems to be complaining about that..
are you SURE about that...im sorry but there has been much complaining in that area. esPECIALLY with that doctor mario...i admit i like young link better than adult link but young link has had his critisms too.

anyways Samus and zsSamus would be played completely differently so thats not the same as with doc/mario and younk/link. by the way, im almost certain zsSamus will not be accessible by transformation because if she WERE to be accessible in that way, nintendo wouldn't present her the way they did in the trailer. by stating "Newcomer" they suggest that she will indeed be her own character and not by transformation.

but then again it's still too early to tell...i've never been this anxious before(i didnt own n64 and i got into playing smash just last year so i never experienced this feeling before, it's like i cant keep still...and i keep checking that freakin dojo site to see if they'd added a movelist or at least a bio for zsSamus)

nomis

Smash Journeyman
ZS Samus would be totally hotter to play than regular Samus.

Which means she'll be Top tier in my list.

I already fantasized a moveset:

B: She puffs up her lips and says sweetly, "Simon, I've been waiting for you to choose me."
> B: She opens up her arms and prepares for an embrace, saying, "Simon, take me!"
^ B: She starts dancing and says, "Do you like, Simon?"
v B: She gets on all fours and fingers the motion, "Come here, Simon..."

All her A moves include the whip and would arch her back. Then she'll say my name in an erotic fashion.

I like this thread and where it is heading.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
Munky, you make valid points. However, consider this. In the case of Dr. Mario and Mario, I consider them two different characters, or perhaps parellel reality characters as no Mario game makes mention of Dr. Mario and no Dr. Mario game makes mention of things that would appear in normal Mario games. Therefore I have dismissed this argument on the grounds that they are two seperate characters.

And on the Link/Young Link issue, believe it or not, I have the same opinion. Think about it. While they may not be as seperate characters as Mario/Dr. Mario, they are in that they exist in different times, and that in OOT, the storyline splits into two branches, that is, the storyline following after adult Link liberates Hyrule from Ganon's control, and the storyline where Young Link returns to his own time and eventually goes on to appear in Majora's Mask. Therefore, two different people. But Samus and ZS-Samus, the only difference there is the clothing.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Lefticle said:
And on the Link/Young Link issue, believe it or not, I have the same opinion. Think about it. While they may not be as seperate characters as Mario/Dr. Mario, they are in that they exist in different times, and that in OOT, the storyline splits into two branches, that is, the storyline following after adult Link liberates Hyrule from Ganon's control, and the storyline where Young Link returns to his own time and eventually goes on to appear in Majora's Mask. Therefore, two different people. But Samus and ZS-Samus, the only difference there is the clothing.
I guess I can sort've agree with you on the Mario/Doc thing, but considering Link and Y.Link two completely different people? No. If you're gonna say that a time frame is the deciding factor in Link/Y.Link being different people, you have to apply that to Samus as well. If that's the mindset you have, it's very easy to say that because Samus w/ the suit debuted in an earlier game than Zamus, they are two different people.

In that Link/Y.Link statement, you pretty much said, "Link achieved different goals as a kid than he did as an adult, so that makes Adult Link and Young Link two different people."

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
i dont think we should discuss the "stupidity"(or whatever you wanna call it) about having characters in the game that have more than one identity. Smash is all about having fighters available so thats you cold pit your best against someone else's best. As long as each identity(or clone if it's inevitable) has different abilities and physical traits(weight, strength, speed, abilities, etc.) it should be OK in my book. what we REALLY should be discussing is not whether X and Y is the same person, but rather will X and Y play differently.

this argument shouldn't focus on what each character looks like or what's his/her alter ego, because those arent that important in a game like melee. If storyline was important, Smash Bros would have a definite storyline, which t does not really...

Smash bros is a fighting game, and the most important thing about a fighting game are each character's abilities. of course a storyline helps but past smash installments never had one so perhaps we shouldnt elaborate on that.

anyways, what i am most concerned about is if she'll have her own moveset unidentical to anyone else's. Also her voice. the thought of her speaking words worries me a bit. but nintendo is smart, i trust they know what to do.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Well for starters she has a sword and no beam cannon thingy, the stuff normal Samus doesnt have...I also don't know about her recovery move if she has one. I'm not even sure if she's a separate character. FOr all intensive purposes she could be like Sheik, a transformation of a character.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
I hope that ZSSamus is nothing like Sheik, because as cool as Sheik was in OOT, she was SOOOO lame in Mélée. Not that Mélée itself isn't super-lame, but still...

Darth Yoshi

Smash Rookie
It seems to me that the Goddess has the lightsaber quivalent of SoCal's Ivy Blade. When she first activates it, the blade stays more or less in a vertical position for a second, but when she swings, it appears to flex.

As an unrepentant Samus-fanboy, I will of course use Zero Samus almost exclusively. Strangely enough, for some reason I always pictured Chozo hand to hand as involving staffs rather than swords.

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
I made the decision to also use Zero Suit Samus right away and main with her once I saw she was in.

For one, I think she'll be a seperate character like Mario or Link already have. Also, I'm guessing she'll probably have very diverse moves. She may have A attacks that use the sword/whip, and she may have tilts that are also with the whip. She could have the regular gun for a projectile, and all sorts of other things. Zero Suit Samus is definitely a character that interests me. The only way I could be disappointed would be if I had to use Samus' super attack to use Zero Suit Samus. =/

nomis

Smash Journeyman
fluffy said:
is it just me...or is there a bit too much sex appeal?
How dare you even ponder the thought of the idea of TOO much sex appeal. You need to reevaluate your thoughts then speak with a clear mind. I hope you realize the mistake you have done to MANkind.

For shame. For shame...!

You too commonyoshi. You should praise your little cousin.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
There's no such thing as too much sex appeal anyway. ( Besides I'll doubt we'll be seeing any other sex appeal, unless it's this from Peach)

and sadly, we won't.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, shes pretty cool. I'll most likely try to main her 3th, after seeing all the new characters.( My first 2 picks to try maining are Pitt and then M.K)

Flame Swordsman

Smash Rookie
Nickfighter said:
Being her is cool especially with the whip.
do you think there will be another cheat to get zssamus's wip to extend super long like reg samus in the first release?

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
While she's obviously sex appeal (her blue suit even has the shape of a thong back there, and she has big boobs and her butt is not really small), I think she's going to be annoying. I can just imagine how everyone will race around with her (it stays she's fast) and spam that whip (long range attack). Fast+Long Range attacks=Shiek=irritating, overpowered ****!!

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
If they add Adam or Fusion Suit Samus, I would be extremely angry, but not as angry as I will be if ROBERT2K95 keeps double posting.

Top Bottom