• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Moves ¿Do you like them or not?

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, not like she's got an original moveset and fighting style or anything.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
More Speed in her moves and in the way she moves
More Powerful attacks
More Improvement of attacks

Less Posibility of escaping from her attacks
Less Depending on Sheik

Drake3

Smash Ace
I'm trying to avoid responding to the god forsaken Sheik debates, but I have to point out some glaring flaws.

it isn't fair to the people who want to main just Sheik, or both at once...
You don't realise that by seperating the two, we could make 2 groups happy instead of keeping them together and making 2 groups unhappy. 2 > 1.

because Sheik ISN'T A SEPERATE CHARACTER!! her and Zelda are the same person, and should stay as such in smash...
Seriously, who the hell cares. Like Smash Bros is so canon to the games. If it makes the majority happy then I'm all for it.

in case you didn't know (which, apparently, you don't...) Tetra is only canon to one Zelda. Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Zelda. however, it's still a transformation; which supports my arguement that it's a canon part of Zelda (and the Triforce of Wisdom, for that matter) to be able to transform. it would be ridiculous to leave such a huge part of her character out of smash... and Since Sheik has already been in a Smash bros game, and is also a popular character in said game, why take her out?
You make it sound like her transforming is the only thing she can do. How many Legend of Zelda games are there? In how many does she transform? Does she transform in the most recent one?

And I'm starting to get sick of the overzealous ninja-loving disguise-mongers who think Sheik is so valuable to the LoZ series. I love how a change of clothing and a red contact lens makes a character interesting to some people.

alright, she can become Tetra then... does that make more sense?
About as much sense as Sheik. Which is 0. So why not just leave her as Zelda.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Go Drake3, stomp them Sheik lovers out! :p

I agree with all your points, but Im just scared Sakurai will keep Sheik attatched to Zelda "just because" it was like that in melee and he doesn't feel like changing it, making a mockery of any sort of sense her character had (like you said it makes as much sense as Zelda turning into Tetra). I don't mind Sheik taking a B move spot, I DO MIND that Zelda is nerfed because of it.

In the scope of the series Sheik was relatively unimportant, simply a disguise for OoT Zelda, and she probably didn't have awsome ninja skills either and fought just like Zelda (since she WAS Zelda, just in disguise, and we never actually see Zelda fight as Sheik in Oot, only out of disguise)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the above poster. I'm afeared that Sheik will be in solely on popularity. Ugh.

And Yes, I said afeared.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's moves... make me cry. Except for the fairbairs (yes, Im calling it that from now on), but you still had to hit the sweetspot or they opened you up to punishment.
Everyone knows Din's Fire is garbage. Too slow, too laggy, not enough damage for the slow lag and you lose aerial movement as soon as it starts. I was actually hoping this move would be GONE, but since it isn't my only hope is that it has been improved in ways.. that I can't... put my finger on...

Utilt, ftilt FINE I like these. Dtilt uhmurg maybe a bit more range on it.

My primarily gripe is with the "magic" attacks. They don't provide any sort of concussive effect and lose a lot of their power to DIing and requires sweet spotting like hell. Screw you Marth. So I'm hoping that her "large" attacks turn into strong focused ones instead of one attack being comprised of many tiny ones with a sendoff piece at the end. That was garbage.

And based on what we've seen and how Sakurai is playing the field (i.e. making her only visually associated with TP - since there are no TP moves linked with Zelda, OoT moves only) Sheik will be that down B, which I am happy for because Sheik was fun to play too.

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
I like Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind. But I have no idea what the other attacks are. Haven't seen them yet. :(

goodkid

Smash Lord
I hope they beef up Uair because it was a good move that was decent in comboing. I liked to up throw fox on to a platform and quickly shorhop Uair for damage. I liked the lingering effect of F-smash, but I hope they give it better sweetspot and more range. I bet down smash will be the same and given some kind of sparkly effects. For kicks, I bet they will tone them down a bit, since most overused moves are getting balanced(nerf sounds so harsh). That will be fine because hopefully we can use F-smash, U-smash, Uair, Din's Fire, and Lightning Kicks FTW!!

Micahc

Smash Ace
Zeldas moves haven't even been revealed yet. I hope that they speed her up considerably for Brawl really. Maybe an uncrap B> also. And keep Sheik in. I'm a ninja fan boy :p

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Meh, I personally didn't have much of a problem with any of Zelda's moves in Melee. I suppose I will have to agree, though, that some of her special moves could be better. The only thing I really abhorred was how Zelda was set in free fall mode after using Din's Fire while airborne, which I hope will be fixed. I also hope they add more defensive qualities to Farore's wind. Other than that, I have found all of Zelda's other attacks to be fairly good, especially her smash and aerial attacks.
And, as for the smash attacks Zelda used while holding a weapon, I really hope her dash attack remains unchanged, as I have found it to be rather handy, especially when going on the offense.

Top Bottom