• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Moves ¿Do you like them or not?

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Hi you all.
Din's fire NEEDS a lot of help. I think that it could be bigger and more powerful.
Nayru's Love is good because it reflects attacks and it also attacks opponents that are close to you. It could have more vertical and horizontal range and could inflict more damage.
Farore's Wind has a great range but it can have armor so that you can't be hurt by enemies. We still don't know about Down-Pad + B. I hope that it could be a powerful attack.
I only have 2 days in and I have learned a lot about Zelda . I want to know if these attacks were from Ocarina of Time.
If they are, here I have the movements that I would like to see IF Zelda doesn't have that moves (WHICH IS FALSE BECAUSE IN PICTURES AND VIDEOS IT HAVE BEEN PROOVED THAT SHE STILL HAS HER OLD MOVES EXCEPT DOWN + B WHICH WE STILL DONT NOW)
B = Light Arrows (THE ONES THAT SHE USED AGAINST GANONDORF)
B + Right or Left = (A Type of beam or light balls with a very powerful damage)
B + DOWN = The Triforce that she used when she was controlled by Ganondorf
B + UP = Farore's wind (MODIFICATED)
I liked all of her Smashes with A except Down + A which can be a little more powerful.

Well, that is my opinion. Start to tell me if you liked it or not and tell me if you have better ideas.

Iris

Smash Ace
Din's Fire needs a lot of help. Hopefully it can be cancelled and travels faster and farther, vertically and horizontally. Also, a lot more knockback would be great, since Zelda should really have a special that can KO.

Nayru's Love needs to come out faster and could use a little more vertical range. Also, making it harder to escape and giving it a little more knockback would really help it.

Farore's Wind just needs more distance and some mechanism that allows it to be far less punishable.

Down B? Hopefully some light magic that can actually KO an opponent.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Din's Fire needs a lot of help. Hopefully it can be cancelled and travels faster and farther, vertically and horizontally. Also, a lot more knockback would be great, since Zelda should really have a special that can KO.

Nayru's Love needs to come out faster and could use a little more vertical range. Also, making it harder to escape and giving it a little more knockback would really help it.

Farore's Wind just needs more distance and some mechanism that allows it to be far less punishable.

Farore's Wind distance is fine, is one of the recoverys with more distance if you dont remember...the only thing it needs super armor while perfoming it, which it already has (shown in the Subspace Emissary E 4 All videos).

Iris

Smash Ace
Compared to most updated 3rd jumps, the distance isn't that impressive anymore. Also, the armor isn't necessarily confirmed.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I really love her A moves in Melee, seriously. The up and side tilts looks sweet, and her other magic attacks have a nice sparkle effect. But they definitely need some help in the range/speed/power department. And there are a few ugly moves in there: down tilt ("kick with all <100 lbs of her frail princess body" as someone else put it), and down air. Im sure Sakurai will change them, and I think some of her A moves may end up being completely different this time. The air kicks should stay for sure, but give them larger sweetspots...

Of course her Din's Fire and Farore's Wind need to be tweaked too. Seriously, Zelda's moveset is great in ideas and visuals, but the team didnt do it right with the properties...

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Farore's Wind distance is fine, is one of the recoverys with more distance if you dont remember...the only thing it needs super armor while perfoming it, which it already has (shown in the Subspace Emissary E 4 All videos).
How did you come to this end-all conclusion? As far as anyone can tell the ribbon may have simply cancelled out the attack that hit her. Until proven otherwise, we can assume it still sucks exactly as it does in Melee. /bitter

Drake3

Smash Ace
The air kicks should stay for sure, but give them larger sweetspots...
Those will get nerfed. Trust me. I don't think Sakurai likes people relying on 1 attack.

Of course her Din's Fire and Farore's Wind need to be tweaked too. Seriously, Zelda's moveset is great in ideas and visuals, but the team didnt do it right with the properties...
I know, it's so sad :(. They had so much potential but have nothing to back them up.

How did you come to this end-all conclusion? As far as anyone can tell the ribbon may have simply cancelled out the attack that hit her. Until proven otherwise, we can assume it still sucks exactly as it does in Melee. /bitter
>_> *alerts Sakurai of incoming Ryoko*

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
The most important thing about Zelda isn't her actual moves but whether or not she can transform into Sheik.

Zone

Smash Champion
maybe her Final smash she will fall onto the ground and link will come and save her..
.... I would be severly pissed if that were the case.

probably not pissed, I don't really get pissed that easily. Probably just dissappointed. Because i've come to see her as independant rather than a dependant princess.

ryquil

Smash Cadet

Farore's Wind should also grab even if you're facing the opposite direction...

ratizi

Smash Cadet
none of zeldas moves have been confirmed and therefore not completely explained. The demo is not the final version so those short glimpses of her in the subspace emissary isn't a great guide.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
I like the light arrow idea.

Perhaps light arrow will be her neutral b and Nayru's love can go to B down. I think that would work. After all, I doubt Sheik will be "attached" to her now that she's twilight princess form. That just wouldn't make sense. Sheik can be her own chracter.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I hardly used Din's Fire. It took too long to reach someone and ignite, and usually by that time the person saw it and ran out of it's range (plus it took a while for her to recover aka the yelp). I tried to use Nayru, but it never was in my mind in a high tension situation. It was fast, though, but not very broad. It could use faster recovery too. I definitely used Farore's Wind. How could you not? She couldn't jump for ...crap and it can save you when you are falling off an edge.
With some improvements, Zelda could own...more!

light arrows = possible FS?

Arashi

Smash Cadet
Hi you all.
Din's fire NEEDS a lot of help. I think that it could be bigger and more powerful.
Nayru's Love is good because it reflects attacks and it also attacks opponents that are close to you. It could have more vertical and horizontal range and could inflict more damage.
Farore's Wind has a great range but it can have armor so that you can't be hurt by enemies. We still don't know about Down-Pad + B. I hope that it could be a powerful attack.
I only have 2 days in and I have learned a lot about Zelda . I want to know if these attacks were from Ocarina of Time.
If they are, here I have the movements that I would like to see IF Zelda doesn't have that moves (WHICH IS FALSE BECAUSE IN PICTURES AND VIDEOS IT HAVE BEEN PROOVED THAT SHE STILL HAS HER OLD MOVES EXCEPT DOWN + B WHICH WE STILL DONT NOW)
B = Light Arrows (THE ONES THAT SHE USED AGAINST GANONDORF)
B + Right or Left = (A Type of beam or light balls with a very powerful damage)
B + DOWN = The Triforce that she used when she was controlled by Ganondorf
B + UP = Farore's wind (MODIFICATED)
I liked all of her Smashes with A except Down + A which can be a little more powerful.

Well, that is my opinion. Start to tell me if you liked it or not and tell me if you have better ideas.
I agree with you for the most part. I think Din's fire was made mostly to combo/bring up damage/keep the enemy distanced/catch them off guard/etc. but not really to send them flying or kill them, so it's not that powerful. I do think it could stand to have a little more power though; a little more knockback would be nice as long as it could still effectively be used to combo. It would also be nice if the attack was faster and easier to control. At this point, it is pretty weak, though it can be used effectively, and could be stronger without making Zelda broken. So I think.

Her down smash could definately stand to be better (recalling Melee).

Drake3

Smash Ace
In melee, Din's Fire is more trouble than it's worth. They should give it some sort of buff, either damage, or radius, or maybe able to spike.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Her down smash was great in melee. Very quick and defensive covering all sides. It could be used for KOing or at least sending them a good difficult recovering distance off the edge. It doesn't need to change as it's her main defensive close range attack. Her forward smash has a noticable priority increase http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage06/stage06_070713b-l.jpg and was plenty usefull at keeping the enemy on the run. Her dtilt was the only really useless one cause the others could kill and combo. And the up smash could use some priority too.

As for aerial, well the fair and bair HAVE to stay and the uair had its moments too, but the dair could be quicker. Maybe an instant attack cause it's not exactly strong so it wouldn't be too good. maybe give her more uses for comboing.

Her Dins Fire looks faster which is a minimum :urg: that move is pretty much unusable. If its hitbox was huge then it would be better too. And a spike would make it ideal for edgeguarding.

I think her recovery was the worst in the game. Extremely slow and laggy and predictable at times. Recovering from below the ledge was impossible cause she couldn't move afterwards. Some mobility like Diddys barrels would bring that up a notch. And controllable range would be nice.

Narus Love can be worked with. I say make it JCable. And it should have invincibility frames that last an extra few frames after JCing it. Give her some air support to approach for lack in agility.

And as for the Sheik thing...Sheik had its time, now it's time for an actual move.

We still don't know about Down-Pad + B. I hope that it could be a powerful attack.
Or um maybe, transform? Just an idea...

none of zeldas moves have been confirmed and therefore not completely explained. The demo is not the final version so those short glimpses of her in the subspace emissary isn't a great guide.
That wasn't a demo. That was from clips that were already recorded. And when it comes to something as significant as a character's moves, you can safely bet that a demo would have it right anyway. Otherwise one could say nobody has any idea what Yoshi's special attacks are or what Sonic's Final Smash is. Thirdly, we have videos and screenshots on the Dojo showing Zelda's special moves. So yea, a few have been confirmed.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Or um maybe, transform? Just an idea...
Or...not? Zelda shouldn't have anything to do with Sheik this time around, or anyone else for that matter. Theres enough Twilight Princess moveset potential to redesign her down B and her Final Smash too. Which I think they will do, hence the fact they have been keeping her secret for so long.

T-major

Smash Champion
Or...not? Zelda shouldn't have anything to do with Sheik this time around, or anyone else for that matter. Theres enough Twilight Princess moveset potential to redesign her down B and her Final Smash too. Which I think they will do, hence the fact they have been keeping her secret for so long.
theres no reason to get rid of Sheik... Zelda being able to transform is a Canon aspect of her character (and the Triforce of Wisdom, for that matter). it would seriously mess with her character (and take a way an unique aspect of her in Smash) if they removed her ability to transform...

whats sad is that people label the Sheik transformation as adding a new character... it's not. it's adding an ability to Zelda that she has every right to use in Smash.

also, if theres so much stuff from TP to draw from, why do all her confirmed Special moves come from OoT?

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
theres no reason to get rid of Sheik... Zelda being able to transform is a Canon aspect of her character (and the Triforce of Wisdom, for that matter). it would seriously mess with her character (and take a way an unique aspect of her in Smash) if they removed her ability to transform...

whats sad is that people label the Sheik transformation as adding a new character... it's not. it's adding an ability to Zelda that she has every right to use in Smash.

also, if theres so much stuff from TP to draw from, why do all her confirmed Special moves come from OoT?
Meh, I don't think so. Why not just make Sheik a separate charcater if you guys want her in so much? It isn't fair to the people who purely want to main Zelda, seeing as though they have one move designated to a character that they don't want to play as. Zelda is totally able to be a full character on her own without Sheik. Its not canon at all, just look at Twilight Princess, did she need Sheik there?

And also, those aren't OOT moves, those are Zelda's moves. Simply because she uses the moves that she used in a previous game dosen't mean that her moveset won't be altered in anyway. When it comes to Sheik, you people use the excuse of calling her "Zelda" instead of "TP Zelda", well, same goes to you, its not OOT Zelda moves, its just Zelda moves. Anyways, look at my darling Link, while he is still keeping his original moveset, one of his attacks got modififed to represent the TP theme. Its obvious this will happen to Zelda too, Sakurai is just taking his time.

Meh, I don't think so. Why not just make Sheik a separate charcater if you guys want her in so much? It isn't fair to the people who purely want to main Zelda, seeing as though they have one move designated to a character that they don't want to play as. Zelda is totally able to be a full character on her own without Sheik. Its not canon at all, just look at Twilight Princess, did she need Sheik there?
Just don't transform. Not every character has a useful down special. Nobody is forcing you to switch to Sheik, but some people like balancing out the two characters in their fighting style.

And just because she never transformed in Twilight Princess, that doesn't mean she couldn’t if she really wanted to. That game made several references to Sheik as it was.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Just don't transform. Not every character has a useful down special. Nobody is forcing you to switch to Sheik, but some people like balancing out the two characters in their fighting style.

And just because she never transformed in Twilight Princess, that doesn't mean she couldn’t if she really wanted to. That game made several references to Sheik as it was.
Okay, good idea. I won't. But explain to me this, why don't you just want Sheik in as a seperate character with the proper buffs and nerfs to qualify her as one without her being attached to Zelda's hip?

And I'm not saying just because she never transformed in Twlight Princess that she won't be able to transform, this is smash, anything goes. I'm simply stating that we have enough Twilight Princess moveset potential to re-design Zelda's down B AND Final Smash so that shes a full character without Sheik, which is what most of the pure Zelda mainers want anyway.

Iris

Smash Ace

Hardly anyone plays them both at once, let alone effectively. Very few people are going to miss the move, they're going to miss Sheik.

Also, changing into Sheik is not a key aspect of her character. If it was, wearing blue would be too since she did once. Sheik was bourne off necessity, her existence would be meaningless in any other game and transforming into an alter-ego of a different Zelda would be illogical. Also, the game didn't make any references to Sheik. They had Kariako Village and the eye of truth symbol, which is not canon to Sheikahs and is simply a general town/symbol.

Sheik is not canon to all Zeldas. She's not even canon to more than one, unlike recurring ideas like light arrows and Tetra. Even if it is a general Zelda, why should she be represented by an alter-ego she's only become once? Also, Sheik has absolutely no relation with Zelda's piece of the Triforce, and transforming is no longer a unique capability in smash. She has little right at this point to use a move which was impossible to come up with in the game she's being most represented by.

As for the OoT spells, they wouldn't revamp Zelda's specials unless they intended to change most of her moves, which would be pointless. They're keeping ones that could logically belong to all Zeldas. They've got the reason and moves to replace a special, and if it would be anything, it would be the mismatched Sheik transformation.

T-major

Smash Champion
It isn't fair to the people who purely want to main Zelda
it isn't fair to the people who want to main just Sheik, or both at once...

Its not canon at all, just look at Twilight Princess, did she need Sheik there?
yes it is. transforming into Sheik in OoT was possible for Zelda because she had the Triforce of Wisdom; that would mean that transformation is a canon ability that comes with the Triforce of Wisdom. the only reason we actually SEE her transform in two games (Sheik in OoT, Tetra in WW) is because thats the only time she NEEDED to! she could transform in every game she has the Triforce of Wisdom in if she wanted to...

Okay, good idea. I won't. But explain to me this, why don't you just want Sheik in as a seperate character with the proper buffs and nerfs to qualify her as one without her being attached to Zelda's hip?
because Sheik ISN'T A SEPERATE CHARACTER!! her and Zelda are the same person, and should stay as such in smash...

which is what most of the pure Zelda mainers want anyway.
since when did they get all the say in this?

Sheik is not canon to all Zeldas. She's not even canon to more than one, unlike recurring ideas like light arrows and Tetra.
in case you didn't know (which, apparently, you don't...) Tetra is only canon to one Zelda. Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Zelda. however, it's still a transformation; which supports my arguement that it's a canon part of Zelda (and the Triforce of Wisdom, for that matter) to be able to transform. it would be ridiculous to leave such a huge part of her character out of smash... and Since Sheik has already been in a Smash bros game, and is also a popular character in said game, why take her out?

Even if it is a general Zelda, why should she be represented by an alter-ego she's only become once?
alright, she can become Tetra then... does that make more sense?

Also, Sheik has absolutely no relation with Zelda's piece of the Triforce
explained in second quote.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Alright here is my two cents about Zelda's moves. I love most of them but some just need to be upgraded.

For the most part I agree with most of you about din's fire it needs help. We should at least be able to cancle it fast without paying for it. If not it should be much faster and a lot more powerful. If i'm gonna be vulnerable for the time it takes to perform it at least make it worth performing in the first place.

Also her dair it's useful at high percents to prevent recovery but it's practically useless at low percents I wanna see strength like ganon's and Falcon's dair. Her smash attacks I think once you get hit you should be trapped within them. Hopefully they applied this to Zelda as they did with Link's up smash. As for her down b I don't really care if Sheik returns if she doesn't whatever if she does make her less powerful and allow her to depend on Zelda rather then the other way around. Final thought don't make the lightning kick her only serious power move keep it but don't make her depend on it.

Overall I think Zelda is underestimated at times. She's powerful it's just the rate at which she performs her moves which affect her. If they buff some moves as well as make her faster she could be up to par with another princess yep you know the one.

Wow didn't think I would write that much props to whoever actually reads all this.

Iris

Smash Ace
yes it is. transforming into Sheik in OoT was possible for Zelda because she had the Triforce of Wisdom; that would mean that transformation is a canon ability that comes with the Triforce of Wisdom. the only reason we actually SEE her transform in two games (Sheik in OoT, Tetra in WW) is because thats the only time she NEEDED to! she could transform in every game she has the Triforce of Wisdom in if she wanted to
No, transforming into Sheik was possible because Impa gave her the identity and training to pass as a Sheikah. Tetra wasn't an alter-ego. Tetra was the real character, Zelda was an identity forced on her. It's certainly not an inherit ability of the triforce to transform between identities. There was no evidence stating Tetra could willingly transform and SSBM explained Zelda's transformation as her own magic powers. It's not a canon ability.
in case you didn't know (which, apparently, you don't...) Tetra is only canon to one Zelda. Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Zelda. however, it's still a transformation; which supports my arguement that it's a canon part of Zelda (and the Triforce of Wisdom, for that matter) to be able to transform. it would be ridiculous to leave such a huge part of her character out of smash... and Since Sheik has already been in a Smash bros game, and is also a popular character in said game, why take her out?
So? Tetra's still a recurring transformation. Also, transforming isn't a canon ability of the triforce of wisdom, nor is it to all Zeldas. Like I said before, why give this general Zelda an ability which isn't canon to all Zeldas, and an alter ego that's only canon to one Zelda?
alright, she can become Tetra then... does that make more sense?
Either way, they're still different Zeldas. Tetra's just more relevant to the series.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda's moves have the possibility to be great , but are just lacking in areas.
Dins fire is possibly the worst IMO. I was hoping Sakurai would make it chargeable this time around, possibly with more knockback.

The main buff I was hoping Zelda would receive is speed, both, in the way she moves and the speed she triggers her attacks. A quick Zelda would be a deadly one.

yes it is. transforming into Sheik in OoT was possible for Zelda because she had the Triforce of Wisdom; that would mean that transformation is a canon ability that comes with the Triforce of Wisdom. the only reason we actually SEE her transform in two games (Sheik in OoT, Tetra in WW) is because thats the only time she NEEDED to! she could transform in every game she has the Triforce of Wisdom in if she wanted to..
Technically,
just because OOT can transform into Sheik does not mean that Tetra, or TP Zelda can do it. The triforce of Wisdom, coupled with Impa's Sheikah training probably created Sheik. Not the triforce of wisdom by itself.
In Tetra's case, the Triforce of Wisdom most likely reverted her to her ancestry, and into the true bearer of wisdom, Zelda. I doubt Tetra would have ever been able to trigger the transformation on and off if she had ever kept the TOW. It's debatable to whether she'd even be able to transform back to Tetra while carrying the TOW.

Also, the word triforce is never uttered in TP, there's no solid back-up that Link, Zelda, and Ganon possessed the actual pieces of the triforce. it is specified in the game that these are just marks identifying the three as those "chosen by the goddesses", much like how Link receives a Triforce crest in Adventure of Link and Oracle of Seasons/Ages marking him the chosen hero even though he doesn't have a piece of the Triforce. Something to also note is that even though these marks are not equivalent to the Triforce, they still grant the bearers great power , but the Triforce symbol on one's hand indicates that this person ought to have control over that Triforce piece. In other words, the "crest spirit" resides with them, and shows itself on their hand. The triforce respective pieces also never resonate, only the mark as a whole resonates. Unlike in OOT, where the pieces resonated, clearly displaying that Link, Zelda, and Ganon actually possessed their respective pieces.
So the " Triforce is canon to all transformations" doesn't really work here.

On the note of Sheik being referenced to in TP. Sheik never was. The Sheikah tribe was referenced, but Sheik never was a true Sheikah. Since TP takes place in the time line where Zelda never transformed into Sheik, Sheik could not have been referenced, but the royal family seemed to still have a tight bond to the Sheikah in TP's past, but that bond must have died in the gap between OOT's child plot, and TP, as Impaz is referred to as the last surviving Sheikah, and hinted at being Impa's descendant, so we know the royal family of TP most likely didn't have a Sheikah bodyguard like Zelda of OOT did. Though, the eye of truth on Zelda's cloak does suggest that the Royal Family still refer to the Sheikah tribe for their loyalty to the Royal family.

So, transformation is not canon to all Zelda's.
Light arrows is a more canon ability to Zelda these days. As in all her 3-D appearances she has been seen using light arrows, and this ability will probably continue into further 3-D games, so I can see light arrows gradually becoming a Princess Zelda assosiated weapon.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Buuut, this is all so technical xP

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
it isn't fair to the people who want to main just Sheik, or both at once....
Well in the end...one of the three groups is going to be let down. Now...who is more developed as a character? Hmmm...I wonder.

s. transforming into Sheik in OoT was possible for Zelda because she had the Triforce of Wisdom; that would mean that transformation is a canon ability that comes with the Triforce of Wisdom. the only reason we actually SEE her transform in two games (Sheik in OoT, Tetra in WW) is because thats the only time she NEEDED to! she could transform in every game she has the Triforce of Wisdom in if she wanted to....
True, but your forgetting, this time around, Smash is representing the lastest implement of the Zelda series. TWILIGHT PRINCESS. Sakurai dosen't give a **** what she did in OOT OR WW. But Twilight Princess. She may have NEEDED to in any of the games, but she didn't NEED to in Twilight Princess, which is what Brawl is representing.

because Sheik ISN'T A SEPERATE CHARACTER!! her and Zelda are the same person, and should stay as such in smash....
Well, look at Link and Young Link in Melee. Are they the same character? No seriously, are they? You don't see Link running around the stage with little transformation jingles transforming into him. Well, same can go for Sheik considering shes popular. Smash dosen't make sense.

n case you didn't know (which, apparently, you don't...) Tetra is only canon to one Zelda. Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Zelda. however, it's still a transformation; which supports my arguement that it's a canon part of Zelda (and the Triforce of Wisdom, for that matter) to be able to transform. it would be ridiculous to leave such a huge part of her character out of smash... and Since Sheik has already been in a Smash bros game, and is also a popular character in said game, why take her out?
Oh please, Sheik was only popular because of her noobility.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I don't have a problem with not using a special. Hell I hardly use Nayru's Love. I do have a problem with playing as half a character though.

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't play Zelda alot, and accually, play Shiek most of the time when I do play her. I love playing Zelda, but just not alot of priority.

But me and my friends was thinking about what her Final Smash should be. Esealy, she needs to call apon the power of the Godess's, kinda like a mixture of Lucas and Pokemon Trainer's.

Top Bottom