• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's model yay or nay?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I highly recommend you replay Wind Waker, they were the same character. Therefore they have the same personality. It's just logical.
No they didn't? Just because you're backed into a corner here doesn't mean you need to start shooting out false allegations.

Tetra didn't even KNOW she was Zelda. She didn't WANT to be Zelda, or be involved with any of it.

Now, SPRIT tracks Zelda acts like Tetra, but in WW, when she is fully awakened into Zelda, she realizes her role and doesn't complain about it.

We all (but you) agree that TP Zelda is the best representation of her character in such a diverse game.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
No they didn't? Just because you're backed into a corner here doesn't mean you need to start shooting out false allegations.

Tetra didn't even KNOW she was Zelda. She didn't WANT to be Zelda, or be involved with any of it.

Now, SPRIT tracks Zelda acts like Tetra, but in WW, when she is fully awakened into Zelda, she realizes her role and doesn't complain about it.

We all (but you) agree that TP Zelda is the best representation of her character in such a diverse game.
In a corner, hahaha yea right. It's so completely obvious that she is still a tomboy when she is Zelda. She just felt bad because it was her fault that links sister got kidnapped. She is still a tomboy, you make it sound like they're two separate characters.

Twilight Princess is the worst representation of Zelda, the stereotypical princess in a castle trope.

All you like is that she isn't blonde, she doesn't wear pink, she the is the least Zelda(ish) of the Zeldas. Coming from the guy who thinks Zelda's a "regal queen"
ha, yea maybe in one game.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
In a corner, hahaha yea right. It's so completely obvious that she is still a tomboy when she is Zelda. She just felt bad because it was her fault that links sister got kidnapped. She is still a tomboy, you make it sound like they're to separate characters.

Twilight Princess is the worst representation of Zelda, the stereotypical princess in a castle trope.

All you like is that she isn't blonde, she doesn't wear pink, she the least Zelda(ish) of the Zeldas
Although she did kinda save midna and she helped in defeating ganondorf, she was forced into the castle and gave herself to save her kingdom

Morbi

Scavenger

I honestly agree with @ Zeldaisthegirl Zeldaisthegirl

The character might have a dynamic personality; but they are objectively the same person, and thus they retain the same personality.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Although she did kinda save midna and she helped in defeating ganondorf, she was forced into the castle and gave herself to save her kingdom
I get that, but it was such a minuscule role. Skyward Sword Zelda played a much stronger role in the story and thus is a better/stronger incarnation.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I get that, but it was such a minuscule role. Skyward Sword Zelda played a much stronger role in the story and thus is a better incarnation.
I don't think doing more means it's better. I like SS Zelda (well, I don't think there's a Zelda I dislike...), but something I don't like is that she is Link's quest, althought she is not captive. It is, to me, a step backward.

That one of the reasons why I think OoT and TP Zelda are the best (personal opinion): they are not Link's objective. In OoT, you have to save Zelda only at the end, and in TP, you save her as soon as you discover her body is held by Ganondorf in Hyrule Castle.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I don't think doing more means it's better. I like SS Zelda (well, I don't think there's a Zelda I dislike...), but something I don't like is that she is Link's quest, althought she is not captive. It is, to me, a step backward.

That one of the reasons why I think OoT and TP Zelda are the best (personal opinion): they are not Link's objective. In OoT, you have to save Zelda only at the end, and in TP, you save her as soon as you discover her body is held by Ganondorf in Hyrule Castle.
Yea, thats one thing I never understood when Zelda sacrifices herself to Midna why does she randomly show up at the end.
Personally I don't like it when Zelda has as much character as a rock, which is why I much preferred Skyward Sword and Wind Waker. But I guess that's all it is, personal preference.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I get that, but it was such a minuscule role. Skyward Sword Zelda played a much stronger role in the story and thus is a better/stronger incarnation.
Well that's because they wanted to include zelda as a bigger character with a closer relationship to link, no other zelda is like that, so that could go for or against SS zelda in terms of smash

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yea, thats one thing I never understood when Zelda sacrifices herself to Midna why does she randomly show up at the end.
Personally I don't like it when Zelda has as much character as a rock, which is why I much preferred Skyward Sword and Wind Waker. But I guess that's all it is, personal preference.
Well, I'm pretty sure it is a plot hole... I always assumed it was Zelda's spirit in the Twilight Realm, but considering she doesn't appear as a ghost, it doesn't really make sense.

By the way, it is a matter of personal taste. I like TP Zelda because of her look and demeanor, and I like SS Zelda... Because of her look and demeanor.
But I somewhat dislike the fact that Zelda TP doesn't make that much appearances, as much as I find it bad that SS Zelda is Link's objective in is quest through the whole game.

Every characters have pro and cons.

Because she's so different from every other zelda, I mean she's not even a princess, TP zelda is basically a redesigned OoT, who IS Zelda in alot of peoples eyes
Well, you know, Zelda in Smash does represent every Zelda. I mean, I don't think TP Zelda have a lot of thing in commons with ST Zelda... Yet she does summon a Phantom.
By this, having a SS alt isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well, I'm pretty sure it is a plot hole... I always assumed it was Zelda's spirit in the Twilight Realm, but considering she doesn't appear as a ghost, it doesn't really make sense.

By the way, it is a matter of personal taste. I like TP Zelda because of her look and demeanor, and I like SS Zelda... Because of her look and demeanor.
But I somewhat dislike the fact that Zelda TP doesn't make that much appearances, as much as I find it bad that SS Zelda is Link's objective in is quest through the whole game.

Every characters have pro and cons.

Well, you know, Zelda in Smash does represent every Zelda. I mean, I don't think TP Zelda have a lot of thing in commons with ST Zelda... Yet she does summon a Phantom.
By this, having a SS alt isn't out of the realm of possibilities.
I know it's not out of possiblity and it could very well happen but I just feel that SS zelda wouldn't have worked as the normal design

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I know it's not out of possiblity and it could very well happen but I just feel that SS zelda wouldn't have worked as the normal design
Hm... I guess people could say the same to some of the Smash cast. Peach, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, G&W, R.O.B., Villager comes to mind.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Skyward Sword would have worked the best.
zlCfzRQhE6YIJKSo0r.jpeg

For those who would want the more traditional look they could've given skyward sword zelda this outfit, and opened up her hair.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly Skyward Sword would have worked the best.
View attachment 13111
For those who would want the more traditional look they could've given skyward sword zelda this outfit, and opened up her hair.
Without bias, I think the TP look was the best choice, as it is a princess (Zelda is most commonly known as a princess), and her overall design differentiate her from the usual "Pink blonde princess" look, and therefore Peach. It's also one of the most detailed design, and we keep a consistency with Link and Ganondorf (the king of evil can only come back). I also think it's quite because of him that we keep the TP look.

And I think that SS Zelda is the best alt choice. It's quite for the same reason as TP zelda: she is different from the "Pink Blonde Princess"... But this time because she is not a princess.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Because Ganondorf revived and enslaved her: I'm guessing he needed her alive to perform his ritual or something.

Point blank, TP Zelda was chosen. I really think they stayed with it because they wanted the Zelda characters to have a realistic humanoid appearance, in contrast to Mario characters whimsical appearance.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
Yea but her body disappeared, she gave up her physical form.
and yes you're probably right about the art direction thing, I'm not too peeved about it anyways, at least it looks great; and thats all that matters anyways.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the triforce does whatever the **** it want and doesn't care about logic :troll:

About the art style, I think it's just consistency between Smash Bros games. We had the Triforce in their OoT incarnation, and the Triforce in their TP incarnation. As it is the last game Ganondorf appeared in, I think they kept the TP artstyle.

But we'll never know.

and thats all that matters anyways.
Well, if we can get more Zelda, we will be happier :awesome:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Zelda doesn't even wear pink in Skyward Sword but I guess you wouldn't know that because you haven't even played the game. Terrible reason not to as well.
Really? This dress certainly looks pink to me.

Going from the badass TP design to that felt like a huge downgrade to me, so I opted not to play the game. Frankly, I don't need your approval.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Really? This dress certainly looks pink to me.

Going from the badass TP design to that felt like a huge downgrade to me, so I opted not to play the game. Frankly, I don't need your approval.
Zelda_WhiteDress.png

Well if you played the game you would know she wears this, and not the pink outfit which she only wears the opening sequence of the game. So good job!

..and who plays a Zelda game just for Princess Zelda?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
View attachment 13152
Well if you played the game you would know she wears this, and not the pink outfit which she only wears the opening sequence of the game. So good job!
For some reasons, if we have a SS alt, this would be somewhat boring, compared to her "normal" look.
It's not a bad look, but I find it a bit simple. It does deserves her role in the game, though.

..and who plays a Zelda game just for Princess Zelda?
Well, not ONLY for Zelda, but I do play a Zelda game for the character :awesome:

Burigu

Smash Ace
She doesn't dissappear and randomly shows up at the end, she dissapeared because she gave Midna her power (possibly the Triforce of Wisdom) to allow Midna to survive in the world of light, she dissapear because without her power she is no longer inmune to twilight and became a spirit, she reappears in the end because Hyrule Castle is not covered in twilight, then Midna return Zelda her power

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
She doesn't dissappear and randomly show up at the end, she dissapeared because she gave Midna her power (possibly the Triforce of Wisdow) to allow Midna to survive in the world of light, she dissapear because without her power she is no longer inmune to twilight and became and spirit, she reappears in the end because Hyrule Castle is not covered in twilght, then Midna return Zelda her power
Never thought of that, it's pretty logical. If we can call a world with magic and god-like powers logical.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Never thought of that, it's pretty logical. If we can call a world with magic and god-like powers logical.
Yeah it's never stated in the game, but it's the triforce of Wisdom that allow Zelda to be unaffected by twilight but when she wants to save Midna, she transfer her powers to Midna, she simply became a spirit like normal people do in twilight, I just read that nobody figured it out and wanted to let you all know the truth :colorful:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
ah, okay that makes sense! Hopefully theres a sequel to twilight princess that sheds a little more light on Zelda herself.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
SS Zelda was the best one in my opinion, and I personally would have preferred her costume from the beginning of that game. It was nice to see a Zelda that evolved as much as Link did, but overall as a universal representation of the character throughout the series TP Zelda is a better choice. The subdued hair-color definitely impresses difference between her and the counterpart princess, Peach. Logical choice. I just really liked SS Zelda more.

Jackson

Smash Lord
SS Zelda was the best one in my opinion, and I personally would have preferred her costume from the beginning of that game. It was nice to see a Zelda that evolved as much as Link did, but overall as a universal representation of the character throughout the series TP Zelda is a better choice. The subdued hair-color definitely impresses difference between her and the counterpart princess, Peach. Logical choice. I just really liked SS Zelda more.
I think a lot of people feel the same way you do about the Skyward Sword version.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
This was really well put. I'm a huge fan of the TP design, but I do hope that SS Zelda will be an alternate costume for the sake of SS fans.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Is it weird her hair goes through her chest in the model?

i notice the weirdest things :yeahboi:
Not really it's just clipping and it's inevitable the game will have some/many. I just will like some of the real noticeable one's...like Zelda's leg sticking through her dress, when using her F-tilt to be addressed. If it's not to bothersome to do that is. Glad they improved her shoulder armor animation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think there are two reasons why they kept the TP design.
1. The personal taste of the game designers.
2. So that we wouldn't have another blonde woman in the cast.

Whether or not she "looks" like a fighter is hardly relevant and probably had no impact on their decision.

I personally love the way she looks in Twilight Princess. I also have no problems with her Skyward Sword design (although I agree she looks better in artwork than she does in-game, mostly because of the Wii's limitations) and would love it if they managed to include it as an alternate costume. She's adorable in her pink outfit and her goddess outfit is quite beautiful. I also like how Zelda's personality differs between games because it signifies that even though they are all connected, they are all still individual people living in different time periods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom