• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Let's not forget that Hillary only lost because of the stupid electoral college

She got the most votes, but she lost because they weren't in the right places
It's a **** system tbh
Ninja'd oop

Anyways this is getting way too heated so I'm done talkin about it now
Pls let's talk about cats and non-spoiler sun and moon hype
tbh the electoral college did its job and allowed the less-densely populated areas be represented as opposed to just letting the big urban areas decide the president. That's the reason why we have the electoral college in the first place.

Also, 200k votes isn't even that big of a difference.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ew, that's it, I'm done discussing politics. The one thing I won't tolerate is intolerance itself.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
You all are so willing to denounce legitimate social movements because you fell for the right's rhetoric.
I expected that from Smashboards but I thought this thread might be smarter about social issues given its demographics. I was wrong.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
If you don't notice the rampant racism and misogyny in this election then you are either full of ignorance or malice. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because you are 16 and saying that it's your ignorance. That is as kind as I will be.

Suggesting that black people standing up to police brutality are somehow the real racists is ignorant at best.

You are ignorant at best.

Tell me again how you disliked Trump more?
I meant at the beginning of the election, that's my bad for not clarifying. Still, I think you fail to realize or are trying to avoid the simple fact how their messages are being delivered don't sync up with their cause, and that's going to put a real damper on the cause, isn't it? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions," you know. And I'm already gracing them with the benefit of the doubt that there are indeed good intentions coming from these guys.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
You all are so willing to denounce legitimate social movements because you fell for the right's rhetoric.
I expected that from Smashboards but I thought this thread might be smarter about social issues given its demographics. I was wrong.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Never mind, ya'll are dumb.

Bye to the very few of you who aren't. I had fun.
If you voted to stop Trump (by voting for Hillary or even a 3rd party) I respect you even if we disagree on everything else.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The civil rights movement only gained widespread support when they protested nonviolently

Had they been violent, they would have lost all sympathy from potential white allies

Violence is not the correct way to get people to join your cause

Peaceful protest makes a bigger statement than riots do

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So I think it's a little justified to be disgusted.
With Trump, yes. I'm from New York and have interned at jobs that involve dealing with HUD and New York real estate; believe me when I say that I personally don't think there's any problem with being disgusted with Trump looking only at his business practices NY/NJ area well before him deciding to run for president.

But not with the entirety of America, which is how you phrased it and I'm responding to. That's like blaming all Muslims for 9/11.

All I'm saying is don't denounce people you don't know. I spend an unfortunate amount of my time trying to tell people of all walks of life that due to a variety of events.

Pls let's talk about cats and non-spoiler sun and moon hype
If you knew what's been spoiled about Sun and Moon, you'd know how hard it is to not talk about it.

I'm pulling an all nighter at work, but if I was home I'd spam the board with comics from the FEA artbook. =/

So would people mind if I post the stats of the starters in pokemon Sun and Moon? Also, Eddie do you want to play at 7:40 p.m. Eastern time?
Only if you hide all Sun and Moon related spoilers in spoilers tags.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm all for racial and gender equality, the problem is that people involved in those movements often fight racism/sexism with more racism/sexism. It makes the issues really messy. They may of been started with noble intentions, but they've been corrupted by violence and bigotry.

People need to let go of the us-versus-them mentalities. Equality can't be achieved through hatred. As I said before, it just tears people farther apart. Your attitude isn't helping anyone.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So would people mind if I post the stats of the starters in pokemon Sun and Moon? Also, Eddie do you want to play at 7:40 p.m. Eastern time?
Pls pls keep it in spoilers

With Trump, yes. I'm from New York and have interned at jobs that involve dealing with HUD and New York real estate; believe me when I say that I personally don't think there's any problem with being disgusted with Trump looking only at his business practices NY/NJ area well before him deciding to run for president.

But not with the entirety of America, which is how you phrased it and I'm responding to. That's like blaming all Muslims for 9/11.

All I'm saying is don't denounce people you don't know. I spend an unfortunate amount of my time trying to tell people of all walks of life that due to a variety of events.

If you knew what's been spoiled about Sun and Moon, you'd know how hard it is to not talk about it.

I'm pulling an all nighter at work, but if I was home I'd spam the board with comics from the FEA artbook. =/

Only if you hide all Sun and Moon related spoilers in spoilers tags.
I see where you're coming from, and I know I shouldn't **** on everyone who voted for Trump because I know there are legitimate reasons that some people did

I'm moreso pissed at the people who voted for Trump because they devoutly follow him and agree with his racist/homophobic/xenophobic policies and views
Which isn't just a small minority, most Trump supporters legitimately agree with everything he says and either really want to limit the rights of a lot of people or don't know how Trump would affect a lot of people

Ignorance is bliss...for the ignorant and ignorant only

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I must know all stats before truly falling in platonic love with a new Pokehmun.

Pls ignore the irony of a Zelda main caring about stats. kthnxgorl

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know it seems like I'm looking for loop holes but NONE OF YOU would mind if I posted the changes of certain moves right? I mean, it's not like it's going to be officially announced or anything.
Do you have something against spoiler tags or something?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No. I'm just trying to see what everyone can or cannot see, and how spoiler free you want to be. I'll know about the pokemon and stats in advance, I just want to know my team, but if you tell me the story, then we have problems.
When in doubt, use spoiler tags just in case. Then you don't need to ask.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
No. I'm just trying to see what everyone can or cannot see, and how spoiler free you want to be. I'll know about the pokemon and stats in advance, I just want to know my team, but if you tell me the story, then we have problems.
I personally don't want anything spoiled for me now
It's only a week away, so I really wanna hold out this time
It's not like it's a huge deal to put them in spoilers anyways, just click a button and slap a label on it and you'll save some people from being spoiled

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Copied and pasted from Reddit.
Rowlet

• Base stats: 68/55/55/50/50/42

• Egg moves: Curse, Confuse Ray, Ominous Wind, Haze, Baton Pass, and Defog

• Level Up Moves: Tackle/Leafage (Level 1), Growl (Level 4), Peck (Level 8), Astonish (Level 11), Razor Leaf (Level 15), Foresight (Level 18), Pluck (Level 22), Synthesis (Level 25), Fury Attack (Level 29), Sucker Punch (Level 32), Leaf Blade (Level 36), Feather Dance (Level 39), Brave Bird (Level 43), Nasty Plot (Level 46)
Dartrix (Evolves at Level 17)

• Base stats: 78/75/75/70/70/52
Decidueye (Evolves at Level 34)

• Base stats: 78/107/75/100/100/70

• Gets Spirit Shackle (80 BP, Ghost, Physical 100% accurate) and U-turn at Level 1

• TMs: Work Up, Toxic, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Light Screen, Protect, Roost, Safeguard, Frustration, Solar Beam, Smack Down, Return, Shadow Ball, Double Team, Façade, Rest, Attract, Low Sweep, Round, Echoed Voice, Steel Wing, Energy Ball, False Swipe, Acrobatics, Shadow Claw, Giga Impact, Swords Dance, Grass Knot, Swagger, Sleep Talk, U-turn, Substitute, Nature Power, Confide
Litten

• Base stats: 45/65/40/60/40/70

• Egg moves: Nasty Plot, Body Slam, Crunch, Fake Out, Revenge, and Heat Wave

• Level Up Moves: Scratch/Ember (Level 1), Growl (Level 4), Lick (Level 8), Leer (Level 11), Fire Fang (Level 15), Roar Level 18), Bite (Level 22), Swagger (Level 25), Fury Swipes (Level 29), Thrash (Level 32), Flamethrower (Level 36), Scary Face (Level 39), Flare Blitz (Level 43), Outrage (Level 46)
Torracat (Evolves at Level 17)

• Base stats: 65/85/50/80/50/90
Incineroar (Evolves at Level 34)

• Base stats: 95/115/90/80/90/60

• Learns Throat Chop (80 BP, Dark, Physical, 100% accurate), Darkest Lariat (85 BP, Dark, Physical, 100% accurate), and Bulk Up at Level 1. Gets Cross Chop at Level 65.

• TMs: Work Up, Roar, Toxic, Bulk Up, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Taunt, Hyper Beam, Protect, Frustration, Earthquake, Return, Leech Life (80 BP, Bug, Physical, 100% accurate), Brick Break, Double Team, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Torment, Façade, Flame Charge, Rest, Attract, Low Sweep, Round, Overheat, Focus Blast, Fling, Brutal Swing (60 BP Dark, Physical, 100% accurate), Quash, Will-o-Wisp, Acrobatics, Embargo, Shadow Claw, Giga Impact, Swords Dance, Bulldoze, Swagger, Sleep Talk, U-turn, Substitute, Snarl, Dark Pulse, Confide
Popplio

• Base stats: 50/54/54/66/56/40

• Egg moves: Charm, Amnesia, Aqua Ring, Aromatic Mist, Perish Song, and Wonder Room

• Level Up Moves: Pound/Water Gun (Level 1), Growl (Level 4), Disarming Voice (Level 8), Baby-Doll Eyes (Level 11), Aqua Jet (Level 15), Encore (Level 18), Bubblebeam (Level 22), Sing (Level 25), Double Slap (Level 29), Hyper Voice (Level 32), Moonblast (Level 36), Captivate (Level 39), Hydro Pump (Level 43), Misty Terrain (Level 46)
Brionne (Evolves at Level 17)

• Base stats: 60/69/69/91/81/50
Primarina (Evolves at Level 34)

• Base stats: 80/74/74/126/116/60

• Learns Sparkling Aria (90 BP, Water, Special, 100% accurate) at Level 1

• TMs: Work Up, Toxic, Hail, Hidden Power, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Light Screen, Protect, Rain Dance, Frustration, Return, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Double Team, Reflect, Façade, Rest, Attract, Round, Echoed Voice, Energy Ball, Scald, Acrobatics, Giga Impact, Psych Up, Swagger, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Surf, Waterfall, Dazzling Gleam, Confide
Rowlet line's Hidden Ability is Long Reach, which makes all attacking moves hit without contact. Litten's is Intimidate. Popplio's is Liquid Voice, which turns all sound moves into Water-type.

Move changes:

• Sucker Punch is now 70 BP.

• Leech Life is now 80 BP.

• Swagger now has 85% accuracy.

• Dark Void now has 50% accuracy and will only work if used by Darkrai.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
tbh the electoral college did its job and allowed the less-densely populated areas be represented as opposed to just letting the big urban areas decide the president. That's the reason why we have the electoral college in the first place.

Also, 200k votes isn't even that big of a difference.
The problem with the electoral collage is it can be exploited by gerrymandering.
Darn I got to, will finish later.
Continuing this...

Here's the perspective from someone who voted for Clinton, me:
Nothing Clinton has done is worse than what republicans have done in the past. The Bush administration destroyed millions of Emails and had over a dozen "Benghazi"-like incidents. No one cared. What Emails do you think you'd see looking at content from almost any member of congress? People are freaking out over things many politicians have done and ignoring important issues. Meanwhile Clinton HAS NOT BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING. It's a witch hunt.

Clinton best supports the issues I do. She's anti TPP, pro environment- Trump will rip apart important regulations and people can already light their tap water on fire. Clinton supports same sex marriage and republicans, who now have all 3 branches have been trying to repeal it. Clinton will stay in NATO and respect international treaties- Trump said in the first debate he won't; do people realize how dangerous that is? Clinton won't repeal Obamacare, Republicans have already wasted millions of tax dollars on that with no alternative. Clinton believe in science and Trump doesn't believe in climate change. Clinton's not a flaming racist endorsed by the KKK. Clinton knows how the political system and world works. Trump acts like a 4 year old, he's mocked disabled reporters and belittled women on public TV and got in a d*** measuring contest in a presidential primary debate. Clinton will not raise the deficit trillions of like Trumps tax cuts to wealthy corporations will. Clinton supports education.

The bottom line is Clinton and Trump are not the same, the country is not screwed with clinton.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Rowlet

• Level Up Moves: Tackle/Leafage (Level 1), Growl (Level 4), Peck (Level 8), Astonish (Level 11), Razor Leaf (Level 15), Foresight (Level 18), Pluck (Level 22), Synthesis (Level 25), Fury Attack (Level 29), Sucker Punch (Level 32), Leaf Blade (Level 36), Feather Dance (Level 39), Brave Bird (Level 43), Nasty Plot (Level 46)

• Gets Spirit Shackle (80 BP, Ghost, Physical 100% accurate) and U-turn at Level 1

• TMs: Work Up, Toxic, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Light Screen, Protect, Roost, Safeguard, Frustration, Solar Beam, Smack Down, Return, Shadow Ball, Double Team, Façade, Rest, Attract, Low Sweep, Round, Echoed Voice, Steel Wing, Energy Ball, False Swipe, Acrobatics, Shadow Claw, Giga Impact, Swords Dance, Grass Knot, Swagger, Sleep Talk, U-turn, Substitute, Nature Power, Confide
Litten

• Level Up Moves: Scratch/Ember (Level 1), Growl (Level 4), Lick (Level 8), Leer (Level 11), Fire Fang (Level 15), Roar Level 18), Bite (Level 22), Swagger (Level 25), Fury Swipes (Level 29), Thrash (Level 32), Flamethrower (Level 36), Scary Face (Level 39), Flare Blitz (Level 43), Outrage (Level 46)

• Learns Throat Chop (80 BP, Dark, Physical, 100% accurate), Darkest Lariat (85 BP, Dark, Physical, 100% accurate), and Bulk Up at Level 1. Gets Cross Chop at Level 65.

• TMs: Work Up, Roar, Toxic, Bulk Up, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Taunt, Hyper Beam, Protect, Frustration, Earthquake, Return, Leech Life (80 BP, Bug, Physical, 100% accurate), Brick Break, Double Team, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Torment, Façade, Flame Charge, Rest, Attract, Low Sweep, Round, Overheat, Focus Blast, Fling, Brutal Swing (60 BP Dark, Physical, 100% accurate), Quash, Will-o-Wisp, Acrobatics, Embargo, Shadow Claw, Giga Impact, Swords Dance, Bulldoze, Swagger, Sleep Talk, U-turn, Substitute, Snarl, Dark Pulse, Confide
Popplio

• Egg moves: Charm, Amnesia, Aqua Ring, Aromatic Mist, Perish Song, and Wonder Room

• Level Up Moves: Pound/Water Gun (Level 1), Growl (Level 4), Disarming Voice (Level 8), Baby-Doll Eyes (Level 11), Aqua Jet (Level 15), Encore (Level 18), Bubblebeam (Level 22), Sing (Level 25), Double Slap (Level 29), Hyper Voice (Level 32), Moonblast (Level 36), Captivate (Level 39), Hydro Pump (Level 43), Misty Terrain (Level 46)

• TMs: Work Up, Toxic, Hail, Hidden Power, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Light Screen, Protect, Rain Dance, Frustration, Return, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Double Team, Reflect, Façade, Rest, Attract, Round, Echoed Voice, Energy Ball, Scald, Acrobatics, Giga Impact, Psych Up, Swagger, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Surf, Waterfall, Dazzling Gleam, Confide
Rowlet line's Hidden Ability is Long Reach, which makes all attacking moves hit without contact. Litten's is Intimidate. Popplio's is Liquid Voice, which turns all sound moves into Water-type.

Move changes:

Kind of sucks that Sucker Punch got nerfed, it was already worse than Extreme Speed. But I guess this gen just really attacked priority in general.

The change to Leech Life is huge. I wonder why they did this instead of just making a new move.

And that nerf to Dark Void is really, really harsh. But then again, sleep is a broken mechanic. I won't be surprised if Smogon doesn't drop the ban hammer on Darkrai this time around.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Rowlet

Litten

Popplio

Move changes:

WHY THEY SO SLOW THO OMG THEY MUST BE THE FABLED ZELDA TRIO AAAAAAAA

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now that you mention it...

One wears green and uses a bow...
Another is a literal dark beast who's super buff..
And the other is a fabulous fairy type with impressive hair.

We've got the whole trio covered.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough then, and I'll be clearer now:

Any more post-election political argument and flame in this thread will be infracted. It's clearly too hot a subject to go on here now. No matter how civil or hateful you are being about it.

Zombiebran, you're clearly full of fury right now about this and I recommend you come back after you've come to some sort of (at least as far as your outward demeanor) peace about whose been elected. I should honestly go back and infract you for being almost irrationally hateful, but the election is still fresh and so are feeling about it. I hope you'll come back and we can have pleasant banter on non-political subjects in the future.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough then, and I'll be clearer now:

Any more post-election political argument and flame in this thread will be infracted. It's clearly too hot a subject to go on here now. No matter how civil or hateful you are being about it.

Zombiebran, you're clearly full of fury right now about this and I recommend you come back after you've come to some sort of (at least as far as your outward demeanor) peace about whose been elected. I should honestly go back and infract you for being almost irrationally hateful, but the election is still fresh and so are feeling about it. I hope you'll come back and we can have pleasant banter on non-political subjects in the future.
Don't worry. We have 8 days left (not counting tomorrow because it almost is tomorrow) until Sun and Moon so there should be plenty of things to share and talk about. On that note, has anyone's opinion on who the best starter is or who they will choose changed after seeing these stats and moves. I'm still sticking with Popplio who seeme to be the one with the most potential out of the 3 right now. Going to bed now, so good night gorls. Also, I now have my 3ds FC on my profile if you need to add me *cough* Eddie *cough*.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
They clearly fed Primarina
all the broken things

I'll still go with Incineroar

he's still my fave.

As far as the speed stat, it's depressing, but disturbingly on the better side as far as Aslowla region pokes.

At least Mawile isn't totally speed-irrelevant compared too all of them :secretkpop:

Still SHOCKED that Incineroar doesn't get Sucker punch OR knock off. Wasn't Knock off a TM?? Apparently Sucker punch was nerfed, and priority is getting bopped this gen as a whole, so the no sucker punch blow was softened.

I'm also glad that the fancy signature starter moves have high power. The three moves actually seem pretty useable. Darkest Lariat beats Crunch's power and with the boon of ignoring boosts. Crunch is the strongest common dark type move out there iirc so now DL is. Spirit Shackle most of all intrigues me as Rowlet gets baton pass as an egg move...

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
RPG suggestions? I'm really feeling like getting into one, I'm usually not into traditional JRPGs but I'm down for anything. Preferably something I can buy on the 3DS shop.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Look at the stats of some of the other new Pokés then.
LITERALLY EVERY NEW POKÉMON IS SLOW. THE FASTEST ONE I'VE SEEN IS MINIOR WHEN IT HAS LESS THAN HALF HP (120 base speed). EVERYRHIG ELSE IS LIKE 60 BASE SPEED OR LOWER.

I WONDER IF THEY BUFFED TRICK ROOM WITH ALL THIS SLOW JUNK

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Look at the stats of some of the other new Pokés then.
LITERALLY EVERY NEW POKÉMON IS SLOW. THE FASTEST ONE I'VE SEEN IS MINIOR WHEN IT HAS LESS THAN HALF HP (120 base speed). EVERYRHIG ELSE IS LIKE 60 BASE SPEED OR LOWER.

I WONDER IF THEY BUFFED TRICK ROOM WITH ALL THIS SLOW JUNK
> Is waiting for automatic trick room ability

I don't think that's been discovered in the leaks, though.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
RPG suggestions? I'm really feeling like getting into one, I'm usually not into traditional JRPGs but I'm down for anything. Preferably something I can buy on the 3DS shop.
How do you feel about geometric strategy games?

Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker are always high on my list of recommended games for the 3DS.

If Dungeon Crawling with a team you make yourself sounds interesting at all, there's Etrian Odyssey IV and/or other games in that series.

Best thing is all of those are Atlus games, which seem to go on sale on an abnormal basis.

Sort of in the same vein as EO, Severed also comes highly recommended it seems on every system it comes out on; I think it also has cross-buy with the Wii U?

I've always liked Rune Factor 4 more than Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Code of Princess is an RPG beat 'em up, and Kid Icarus: Uprising is great if you aren't left handed as a sort-of RPG action game.

Past that it's mostly just full on JRPGs. There are more action-JRPGs like Kingdom Hearts DDD and Tales of Abyss, but I haven't played them yet.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
How do you feel about geometric strategy games?

Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker are always high on my list of recommended games for the 3DS.

If Dungeon Crawling with a team you make yourself sounds interesting at all, there's Etrian Odyssey IV and/or other games in that series.

Best thing is all of those are Atlus games, which seem to go on sale on an abnormal basis.

Sort of in the same vein as EO, Severed also comes highly recommended it seems on every system it comes out on; I think it also has cross-buy with the Wii U?

I've always liked Rune Factor 4 more than Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Code of Princess is an RPG beat 'em up, and Kid Icarus: Uprising is great if you aren't left handed as a sort-of RPG action game.

Past that it's mostly just full on JRPGs. There are more action-JRPGs like Kingdom Hearts DDD and Tales of Abyss, but I haven't played them yet.
Can't say I've heard of a geometric strategy game. I'll look into your suggestions, thanks.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
"Geometric" typically just means it's grid-based.

Fire Emblem is another example of a geometric strategy game, as is Final Fantasy Tactics.
I really like the FE games. Etrian Odyssey sounds interesting. I think that's a game Lavani raved about.

Top Bottom