• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Any of you gorls good with Internet stuff? Modem = basic thing that also doubles as its own router if it wants to. Router = stronger signal and x2 the speed of the Modem's wireless signal.

Which is faster (as in would make a difference for Sm4sh):
1) Running a wire directly to my Wii U from the Router
So a wire from the modem to the router to the Wii U, would that cause any delay or disruptions because it's bouncing around 2 things instead of 1?

2) Running a wire directly to my Wii U from the Modem
I have to disable my current Router to actually let it work properly. For some reason the Wii U doesn't pick up on my Modem when directly plugged in (if my Router is still active). IDK what to do there, tbh.

3) Using wireless from the Router
I heard wireless very close to the Wii U is actually faster?
Disclaimer: Do take everything with a grain of salt since I don't know much about internet and network equipment.

I thought internet speed was tied to your service. There's also stuff with wireless 802.11 standard which I don't think you should worry about if your router is pretty recent. What I do know is that having a wired connection or an ethernet connection does make your connection more stable which can help for multiplayer games so long as they're not peer to peer. There's different types of how connections are handled in multiplayer games; peer to peer's the one where if someone has a really ****ty connection, intentionally or not, they will lag everyone else. I think Smash 4 and other fighting games handles multiplayer through peer to peer which makes sense since it's not 8v8, 16v16, 32v32, 64v64, 128v128.

I don't think having a wired connection would make things faster. Not entirely sure on this since with that one wireless 802.11 standard thing where having or being limited to older standards, 802.11a, 802.11b, so, pre-802.11n does mean your router or network interface controller -- which every modern motherboard should have and are probably all that's needed considering today's technology -- will be limited to a lower frequency. What does this mean... eh... I think from what I looked up as I'm typing this is that deals with bandwidth. So, an older standard like the 802.11a will have more trouble if there's a ton of people using Wi-Fi, but a newer standard like 802.11n won't. Apparently, there's also range differences which makes sense; newer standard has more range than older standard.

As for the third thing about having a Wii U closer to a router. It probably won't make it faster, but it will probably make the signal stronger which makes sense since you're closer to the source. It also probably won't be as extreme like if you put your Wii U right next to the router, it won't make the connection super strong. It just needs to be near.

Basically, I don't know, but if you want a more stable connection, go wired.

We need some cuteness in this social!

:3
Be careful what you wish for.

Invasion!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I have fallen in love with darkest dungeon it can be intense at times but the game i feel takes the best parts of rouge-lites and jrpgs while also adding the awesome stress mechanic

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Look at the stats of some of the other new Pokés then.
LITERALLY EVERY NEW POKÉMON IS SLOW. THE FASTEST ONE I'VE SEEN IS MINIOR WHEN IT HAS LESS THAN HALF HP (120 base speed). EVERYRHIG ELSE IS LIKE 60 BASE SPEED OR LOWER.

I WONDER IF THEY BUFFED TRICK ROOM WITH ALL THIS SLOW JUNK
Some of them do get decent speed, but some stats make very little sense. Though I think it's only noticeable because the amount of Pokemon is smaller than usual AND the starters don't start things off right. It seems there are still plenty of usable Pokemon that aren't super slow. I mean, slow is fine. But that just means traveling a route takes longer if you actually like battling. What's super lame is Litten starts off fast but gets slower. I guess that makes SOME sense, but that much of a drop is stupid. The sassy and probably lazy Sealgorl being slow kinda makes some sense at least, but a slow fighter who plays dirty? Wut? How u gonna play dirty if you movin' as fast as a worm. Gorl you betta get outta here with that nonsense.

What's interesting is Mimikyu is actually quite good, I thought it was going to be a niche joke Pokemon. The Island-specific birds are also pretty good. Silvally is VERY good, but that's to be expected. Buuuut what's actually surprising is Tsareena having great stats and isn't plagued with a bad movepool despite being mono-grass. I just wish Play Rough was learned without egg moves because ain't nobody got time for that... Unless one of you gorls be hackin, den gimme dat.

Given the fact Alola Forms of Gen 1 Pokemon stats aren't there, I assume they have the same exact base stats as last generation. Boooooo.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Given the fact Alola Forms of Gen 1 Pokemon stats aren't there, I assume they have the same exact base stats as last generation. Boooooo.
Actually a few of them get different stats, but nothing too drastic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gale Wings now only works if the pokemon is at full health. RIP Smogonbird. Into the lower tiers you go.

Gengar lost levitate, so it'll probably fall into obscurity now that SubDisable isn't viable. But Mega Gengar still gets to keep Shadow Tag. Great going Gamefreak.

Also Z-crystal + Celebrate/HappyHour/HoldHands can boost all stats. And Rayquaza got one of those moves from an event. And since Rayquaza doesn't need a stone to mega evolve...

Mega Rayquaza with a 50% increase in every stat

Also Ho-oh and Jirachi get one of those moves.
The Kanto Trio can do it to, but Zard might just want to Mega Evolve and Dragon Dance instead. Still might be net though.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

*Sees spoilers of Sun & Moon*

A-Anyway! Just got up and finished looking through some documents of some of the courses I'm interested in taking next September. I think I've made my choice of Creative Writing, since I do want to finish that story I got on damn hold. Plus if I ever do become a writer for a series, I could use this experience to help me make the stories and whatnot good.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
For anyone that cares, this is apparently a complete list of version exclusive pokemon in Sun & Moon from reddit.

I'm putting it in spoilers just in case, though I know that I personally always look at the version exclusive list before deciding on what version of the game to get and I'm....reasonably sure we were told most of these when each of these pokemon were revealed.

Like I said, we knew most of these already.

It's surprising how short the list is, though.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Gale Wings now only works if the pokemon is at full health. RIP Smogonbird. Into the lower tiers you go.

Gengar lost levitate, so it'll probably fall into obscurity now that SubDisable isn't viable. But Mega Gengar still gets to keep Shadow Tag. Great going Gamefreak.

Also Z-crystal + Celebrate/HappyHour/HoldHands can boost all stats. And Rayquaza got one of those moves from an event. And since Rayquaza doesn't need a stone to mega evolve...

Mega Rayquaza with a 50% increase in every stat

Also Ho-oh and Jirachi get one of those moves.
The Kanto Trio can do it to, but Zard might just want to Mega Evolve and Dragon Dance instead. Still might be net though.
So what does Gengar have now instead of Levitate? And how exactly are Z-Move BP, etc. calculated?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Seems like they got a new Fox main practicing. :secretkpop:
how dare u post fox stuff here sis. Fox da animal is ok, Fox the lame low tier char is not!!!

:secretkpop:

BTW

Can we just discuss how pretty Lucio's voice actor is? Also Reaper's voice actor wtf. I thought it was some voice modulation making him sound so gravely, but Zelda in Sass-Heaven it's so spoopy. How can he sound like that AND Blooregard Q Kazoo? It's voice acting magic. Another thing is Symmetra's voice actor kind of looks like her (strong facial features), it's kind of uncanny but maybe done on purpose.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So what does Gengar have now instead of Levitate? And how exactly are Z-Move BP, etc. calculated?
It's got Cursed Body.

As for Z-moves, in the demo it looked like the electric one just added 80 base power. I don't know exactly how it works, though.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Is talking about the election still allowed in here freely or not
No, because like the people on Facebook/Twitter/Real life nobody is able to fully comprehend what the other side is feeling and thus spouts nothing but hate/biased nonsense. And anything resembling "Let's just take a minute and..." is either invisible or translated to "omg u r so rit but i dun wunna admit it!!!"

Basically like 4chanites arguing over waifus.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
No, because like the people on Facebook/Twitter/Real life nobody is able to fully comprehend what the other side is feeling and thus spouts nothing but hate/biased nonsense. And anything resembling "Let's just take a minute and..." is either invisible or translated to "omg u r so rit but i dun wunna admit it!!!"
I just wanted to come in and say that most reactions such as a certain user's on the previous page is childish and makes you look dumb. Basically saying "ur dum bcuz u dont agree w me!!".

Neither candidate was qualified or better than the other, it all came down to personal bias. Both had their bad aspects like Trump saying a lot of stupid stuff a decade ago and Hillary exchanging some very questionable emails. (and if you actually do care, please take your time and read those. There's a lot of juicy stuff in there. Or at least look at a summary of the worst ones.)

Going as far as to denounce someone as a friend or start to hate someone because of his political opinion is stupid. Really stupid.
Basically like 4chanites arguing over waifus.
Discussing waifus whatever seems more applicable to this thread.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Etrian Odyssey is kind of weird. Willing to give it some more time, but right now it's a little offputting.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Etrian Odyssey is kind of weird. Willing to give it some more time, but right now it's a little offputting.
Mind explaining what's offputting / which one you're playing? There are 3 mainline (or mainline-like) games on the 3DS eshop, all of which have demos.

Between myself, Zachmac, and Lavani you've got a pretty good source of people who can tell you if whatever is rubbing you the wrong way is something that gets better with time or if the series just isn't the best fit for you.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Since the leaks you guys lost me to Pokemon lol. Tuesday and Wednesday were busy between Pokeleaks, Election crap and school stuff.

I really hope that I can manage to get Pokken alongside Pokemon Moon or Sun once Black Friday arrives. Looks like Pokken will be on sale at Target for $35. New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Maker are also on sale there for $15 and $35 respectively, but I probably will end up not getting them. Pokemon Y for $20 at Best Buy also may be worth considering. Might also get a New 3DS for $99 since that's on sale everywhere so that I can use my amiibo on 3DS, get Xenoblade and use a C-stick on Sm4sh 3DS. I wish that I could have bought more games throughout the year so that I wouldn't be as pressed when it comes to Black Friday. :/

On Pokemon SuMo, seeing the starter stats, I'm considering picking Litten and not evolving Torracat into Incineroar for a while, but I may just continue with the simpler plan and just go with Popplio. If I get the second version some day, I want to try Rowlet for Decidueye. These are the in-game teams I want for each, with the ones with Torracat and Primarina being for Moon and the Decidueye one being for Sun.

Pokemon SuMo Team A.PNG Pokemon SuMo Team B.PNG Pokemon Sun Team C.PNG

The link for the team planner I used is here btw: https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

Just hoping that Type:Null is available soon enough.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Mind explaining what's offputting / which one you're playing? There are 3 mainline (or mainline-like) games on the 3DS eshop, all of which have demos.

Between myself, Zachmac, and Lavani you've got a pretty good source of people who can tell you if whatever is rubbing you the wrong way is something that gets better with time or if the series just isn't the best fit for you.
EOIV
I'm not understanding the importance of classes right now. And maybe it's too early on and they are similar in stats and such. I also am having a hard time feeling the weight of decisions like whether to attack or defend. It seems like just spamming attack to get through things quickly is the best solution. Like I said, I'm going to give it some more time, might just be a bad beginning.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Just got back from visiting my half brother, since it'll be his birthday tomorrow. However, my parents will be going away for a week as well. But at least I'll have time to work on my Uni stuff all of next week. :yeahboi:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
and use a C-stick on Sm4sh 3DS.
I wouldn't get too excited about that personally, the size and location of it are fairly inconvenient and you're forced to use smash stick on 3DS. It feels like it was more intended for imprecise tasks like camera movement/lock-on switching in Hyrule Warriors.

On Pokemon SuMo, seeing the starter stats, I'm considering picking Litten and not evolving Torracat into Incineroar for a while
tbh this is probably a good idea

being slower than everything is suffering

EOIV
I'm not understanding the importance of classes right now. And maybe it's too early on and they are similar in stats and such. I also am having a hard time feeling the weight of decisions like whether to attack or defend. It seems like just spamming attack to get through things quickly is the best solution. Like I said, I'm going to give it some more time, might just be a bad beginning.
Sounds like floor 1 syndrome. Everything starts a bit homogenized on virtue of not having skill points to throw at things right off the bat, when "Attack" is pretty much your only option there isn't much to balance around. That goes away fairly quickly, and enemies will likely begin to vary more by 2f (presumably; I haven't played 4 yet).

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Why didn't anyone mention how tedious the cartography was in Etrian Odyssey? I would have bought it forever ago if I would have known that!

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
"With your powers combined, I am Nintendo Switch!"

Why didn't anyone mention how tedious the cartography was in Etrian Odyssey? I would have bought it forever ago if I would have known that!
The cartography is my favorite part, yeah.

As for the skills, basically what Lavani said; once you level some and get some skill points everyone differentiates.

Different classes do also have different stats and can equip different weapons, armor tiers, and such.

Proper skill point allotment and party composition / cohesion are really important things.

A quick EO tip would be don't ignore status and buff/debuff moves. In a lot of other RPGs those skills more often than not are entirely worthless; not so in EO!
Also, always have two of those warp threads on you, and for all that is holy, never under any circumstance trust a squirrel.

You also might find this skill simulator site helpful:
http://www.crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
"With your powers combined, I am Nintendo Switch!"

The cartography is my favorite part, yeah.

As for the skills, basically what Lavani said; once you level some and get some skill points everyone differentiates.

Different classes do also have different stats and can equip different weapons, armor tiers, and such.

Proper skill point allotment and party composition / cohesion are really important things.

A quick EO tip would be don't ignore status and buff/debuff moves. In a lot of other RPGs those skills more often than not are entirely worthless; not so in EO!
Also, always have two of those warp threads on you, and for all that is holy, never under any circumstance trust a squirrel.

You also might find this skill simulator site helpful:
http://www.crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html
Yeah if the rest of the game is just painstakingly outlining where I can and cannot walk I'm going to love it.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
I don't really care if I get infracted for this. Some truth tea needs to be sipped right about now.

Not even 24 hours after Trump's election. These are just the thinnest skim of the surface.

Ya'll "girls" can pretend and rationalize Trump all you want - but all of that is irrelevant when this is how the people are reacting. This is the emboldened blatant hatred he has inspired through his campaign, regardless whether he meant to or not. This is what people feel they can do just by his presidential victory. HE'S NOT EVEN OFFICIALLY PRESIDENT YET!

I think "die" was a strong word from @ZombieBran, but honestly? With just a taste of the social future looking like the above, what kind of hope does this inspire exactly?

As a gay Chinese, or to any non-white straight male, please explain to me how I'm not supposed to feel like we're entering a dark foreboding future, where public unabashed hatred that ranges from kindergarteners (I'm not even joking) to the elderly becomes the norm?

And personally, I'm just utterly disappointed in the apathy and head-in-the-sand reactions of some of you. Zelda might be a trash-tier character, but that doesn't mean we have to be trash-tier people who refuse to acknowledge the suffocating reality this all means for some of our players.

Zelda might be the SASS GIRL, but I'd like to think she doesn't turn her back on nobody except for Bairs.

I for one wish and pray for everyone in the US to please, please be safe. Don't hurt anyone, don't violate anyone, just be a decent human being.

For God sakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
BJN doesn't want any political talk in her (and rightfully so), since it only causes arguments and fuels drama

Take it to pm if you want to discuss political stuff, since BJN is just going to infract you

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't really care if I get infracted for this. Some truth tea needs to be sipped right about now.

Not even 24 hours after Trump's election. These are just the thinnest skim of the surface.

Ya'll "girls" can pretend and rationalize Trump all you want - but all of that is irrelevant when this is how the people are reacting. This is the emboldened blatant hatred he has inspired through his campaign, regardless whether he meant to or not. This is what people feel they can do just by his presidential victory. HE'S NOT EVEN OFFICIALLY PRESIDENT YET!

I think "die" was a strong word from @ZombieBran, but honestly? With just a taste of the social future looking like the above, what kind of hope does this inspire exactly?

As a gay Chinese, or to any non-white straight male, please explain to me how I'm not supposed to feel like we're entering a dark foreboding future, where public unabashed hatred that ranges from kindergarteners (I'm not even joking) to the elderly becomes the norm?

And personally, I'm just utterly disappointed in the apathy and head-in-the-sand reactions of some of you. Zelda might be a trash-tier character, but that doesn't mean we have to be trash-tier people who refuse to acknowledge the suffocating reality this all means for some of our players.

Zelda might be the SASS GIRL, but I'd like to think she doesn't turn her back on nobody except for Bairs.

I for one wish and pray for everyone in the US to please, please be safe. Don't hurt anyone, don't violate anyone, just be a decent human being.

For God sakes.
Feel free to pm me if you want someone to stress about the future with :dr-_-:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
To go to a lighter subject, I just thought of something:
We all know starters can breed with other Pokémon to get specific moves, and we're pretty sure there will be no move tutors in game since there never are in the first game in the new generation. That means that there's a strong possibility in my opinion of Primarina getting Boomburst if she breeds with a Exploud or Noivern in my opinion. It sounds weird, but think about it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Feel free to pm me if you want someone to stress about the future with :dr-_-:
I'll join this conversation if it gets started.

I understand the horrible magnitude Trump being elected has on the direct and many underlying issues and how people need to know. But this is a forum for kids and kids need a place to be innocent and talk about pokemon for a few fleeting years.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Meanwhile all of today and yesterday, everyone locally has been saying nothing but nice things to each other. (I'm guessing because it's Cali and most people are freaked out by Trump but that isn't the point let me talk more about the main story) I live in probably one of the most racially diverse cities in the US, and probably the entire world. So if anyone makes a single racist comment, you're immediately looked down upon because you probably just offended someone you personally know. I can't think of any ethnic group that doesn't live here, and there's no way I could name who the most populated race is. Nevermind, Google said it was white. But still, every group has at least 10% of the population here.
Another example, I'm in a Line group with some other people that play Nintendo games together. All of us get along, yet all of us speak a different first language. (We all speak English and that's my 1st, but then there's Dutch, Spanish, and Arabic) I've gotten to learn about their cultures and how their languages work and we do that while freaking out about Sun & Moon leaks. And it's great. (Also I'm adding this part in later but I just remembered that nobody in the group is straight lol.)
The diversity in Overwatch is one of the biggest appeals for me. Seeing all of the Blizzcon videos of the voice actors talking together in character made me really smile.

So seeing how the rest of the US is reacting us just... wow. I don't know why I spent half an hour typing this but I felt like I needed to so just take it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Meanwhile all of today and yesterday, everyone locally has been saying nothing but nice things to each other. (I'm guessing because it's Cali and most people are freaked out by Trump but that isn't the point let me talk more about the main story) I live in probably one of the most racially diverse cities in the US, and probably the entire world. So if anyone makes a single racist comment, you're immediately looked down upon because you probably just offended someone you personally know. I can't think of any ethnic group that doesn't live here, and there's no way I could name who the most populated race is. Nevermind, Google said it was white. But still, every group has at least 10% of the population here.
Another example, I'm in a Line group with some other people that play Nintendo games together. All of us get along, yet all of us speak a different first language. (We all speak English and that's my 1st, but then there's Dutch, Spanish, and Arabic) I've gotten to learn about their cultures and how their languages work and we do that while freaking out about Sun & Moon leaks. And it's great. (Also I'm adding this part in later but I just remembered that nobody in the group is straight lol.)
The diversity in Overwatch is one of the biggest appeals for me. Seeing all of the Blizzcon videos of the voice actors talking together in character made me really smile.

So seeing how the rest of the US is reacting us just... wow. I don't know why I spent half an hour typing this but I felt like I needed to so just take it.
That's great /no sarcasm.

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 for games like Darksouls 3, maybe when the price drops around xmas. Dou you guys know any good games in the genres of open world/fantasy/exploration, LoZ esk things? Anything I should know?

PS
Anyone want to smash friendlies?

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 for games like Darksouls 3, maybe when the price drops around xmas. Dou you guys know any good games in the genres of open world/fantasy/exploration, LoZ esk things? Anything I should know?

PS
Ummm... if you're set out to get a PS4; you might enjoy Skyrim, Fallout, Dishonored, Bioshock, and FFXV when it comes out in like a month or something. (All of them, bar FFXV, are primarily in the first-person perspective, so I don't know if that'll make you motion sick or not.)

Edit: Almost forgot Bloodborne!

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So has anyone tried the new Miitomo update?

You can even see it in the background of comments!

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
P

PS
robably too late now.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

For God sakes.
Oh goodness.. What the hell America? (I'm going under the assumption it's all true, as foolish of an assumption that might be).

Top Bottom