• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
lol XD SecondMew, I'm going to start saying that now.

I've had losing streaks myself, whenever I'm on tilt in anthers, I take a break, listen to this
And play another game for about an hour or so to clear my mind.
Or I can just practice some more in the lab, and put on Megalovania since I'm having a bad time already. :V

Speaking of Undertale and Pokemon. I was actually teasing some people on Showdown! (That site is still pretty stupid imho) by posting Sans quotes from the Genocide Run.

I always started with his usual quote when you face him the first time, "Today is a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming... on days like these, kids like you... Should be burning in hell." And then I post his boss theme. And some of the responses I got were pretty silly.

Some either ignore my comments (Since some of them might not speak English or disabled comments), others questioned if I was on drugs or something, someone tried to flamebait me, and one other guy was constantly telling me to shut up, and he forfeited because he got dunked on in the chat by Sans quotes. :secretkpop:

Rizen

Smash Legend
EODM07 EODM07 you might want to just play people in your region. I know how frustrating lag can be but when I play someone with a good connection it's like the iron boots are finally off.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 you might want to just play people in your region. I know how frustrating lag can be but when I play someone with a good connection it's like the iron boots are finally off.
True, but I have had some solid connections with some of you all too across the ocean or around the world. For now, I'll take a break and then come back to asking for matches online. Plus, I haven't played for maybe a week? So that may have been the reason for my loss too, got a little bit of rust.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I pray I do okay at my locals this time. Boy, last time wasn't pretty.
I still need to go to some local tournament myself. Since it'll be a good learning experience and I'll bet able to improve on my Lucina through that.

Also, even though I don't read Beserk. This made me laugh:

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I still need to go to some local tournament myself. Since it'll be a good learning experience and I'll bet able to improve on my Lucina through that.
Depending on your experience, you'll do okay. I pretty much play FG and I still do relatively okay at locals. Not good enough though, I only get about 4th-5th on my beast days.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Depending on your experience, you'll do okay. I pretty much play FG and I still do relatively okay at locals. Not good enough though, I only get about 4th-5th on my beast days.
Thankfully I don't go onto FG anymore. Since it can form bad habits, I tend to mostly do friendlies with other people from here online, since I can get good feedback from you on how to improve. Plus, I doubt any expert Smashers live near me anyway.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Thankfully I don't go onto FG anymore. Since it can form bad habits, I tend to mostly do friendlies with other people from here online, since I can get good feedback from you on how to improve. Plus, I doubt any expert Smashers live near me anyway.
I don't think many people want to play on 3DS, so I just go on FG. There's some surprisingly good people there on occasion, but mostly it's an excuse to use dumb gimmicks that won't usually work.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I interrupt your discussion about For Glory or whatever to bring this:

Random Pizza Place in Somewhere, Oregon has Lucas and Ness plates on the wall.
This place is instantly my favorite place to eat.

This page steal was made possible by people knowing about Lucas and Ness' existence.

Last edited:

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
I'll volunteer if you don't mind facing me.
Thanks for the projectile practice you're really creative with the bombs. You did great abusing Zelda's weaknesses, solid gameplay especially among link mains.
Small advice don't over extend in tournaments and try not to always jump out of hitstun because while Zelda can't punish this due to insufficient mobility high to top tiers will make that habit cause you the set.
GG'S
P.S. Yes I stood there menacingly just to have you roll into a farore's wind on the last stock of the last battle
P.S.S. Why is Link's down smash so good

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Thanks for the projectile practice you're really creative with the bombs. You did great abusing Zelda's weaknesses, solid gameplay especially among link mains.
Small advice don't over extend in tournaments and try not to always jump out of hitstun because while Zelda can't punish this due to insufficient mobility high to top tiers will make that habit cause you the set.
GG'S
P.S. Yes I stood there menacingly just to have you roll into a farore's wind on the last stock of the last battle
P.S.S. Why is Link's down smash so good
Thanks I'll definitively take that advice into account. I do tend to do that a lot when I play online so I can avoid getting combo'd but getting read for it can lead to some severe consequences for sure x.x

I swear Farore's wind is like Sheik's bouncing fish, except it takes skill to use lol.

I prefer using D-smash over F-smash since it can miss if your opponents TOO close to you. Dumbest thing ever and I hope they fix it in some patch eventually.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
i did not follow what you just said :/
You know, like, Wi-fi games? Sets online, if you will! I imagine most people here have the wiiU version, I'm just limited in availability outside of specific stuff but past December 4th I'm pretty much 100% mad free as hell because that's when University drops its death grip.

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
Thanks I'll definitively take that advice into account. I do tend to do that a lot when I play online so I can avoid getting combo'd but getting read for it can lead to some severe consequences for sure x.x

I swear Farore's wind is like Sheik's bouncing fish, except it takes skill to use lol.

I prefer using D-smash over F-smash since it can miss if your opponents TOO close to you. Dumbest thing ever and I hope they fix it in some patch eventually.

Well the patch isn't that far off let us all [except zelda] hope that some will change.
P.S. If you're wondering why no one on the Zelda boards is whining, the theory is because we hoped with all our might last time and got nothing so this time "I'm sorry there is a patch? Didn't know man."

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I do, but I'm legit hot booty with 3DS controls. If it ever gets a GC adapter I'd be able to, but as is Dr. Mario and ESPECIALLY Ryu are basically impossible for me, and they're my main squeezes. = (
I don't see many Ryu players on 3ds, So far on anthers I've on met like one Ryu main that's really good. It's pretty difficult to adapt to a different controller if you use one for a really long time. When I get the wii u version, I'm not sure If I'll switch to GC.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Well the patch isn't that far off let us all [except zelda] hope that some will change.
P.S. If you're wondering why no one on the Zelda boards is whining, the theory is because we hoped with all our might last time and got nothing so this time "I'm sorry there is a patch? Didn't know man."
Well at least we have patches unlike Brawl where your fate was set in stone the minute you picked your main. But I know the feeling considering :link2: was complete trash.

Also don't think I didn't notice that Green dress switch midway through our matches. You cunning sneaky chemistry OTP making girl.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's mostly the circle pad that's difficult with 3DS Ryu. I don't find it incredibly good for fast motions, especially since it's a very delicate piece of hardware to begin with. It works for some but I just can't use it, my hands aren't comfortable doing SHFF stuff and all sorts of other things, which Doc especially requires.

I won't knock it, people should always use whatever works for them.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
It's mostly the circle pad that's difficult with 3DS Ryu. I don't find it incredibly good for fast motions, especially since it's a very delicate piece of hardware to begin with. It works for some but I just can't use it, my hands aren't comfortable doing SHFF stuff and all sorts of other things, which Doc especially requires.

I won't knock it, people should always use whatever works for them.
Each to their own, I suppose.
I've never had trouble doing short-hop fast falling. I've been able to do plenty of Pit tinder combos. (Pit tinder? Pitinder!) I've never felt like the 3ds analogue stick was that bad, unless you violently jerk the AS constantly, it shouldn't break.

I mean, it does make it him take more damage.
Shulk get's comboed easily regardless of what mondo art he's using.
13% is not that much of a difference in damage if you're taking hits that deal less than 11% damage. The increased damage taken would only be noticed if Shulk takes a hit that deals 11%+ damage. He still takes more damage though but how bad it is depends on the damage per hit of the opponent's character

He's still combo bait though which sucks (especially in jump art), unless he's in shield or smash

Edit: OH. **** lol. HBox won? I wanna see mango's reaction to this. LOL

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I may be late for the Undertale Train but thanks to it, I have found my soul spirit animal! The two-eyed black spider whichisnttechnicallyinthegame. Also Muffet's theme is so fun/cute. I will loop it during BAN•ZELDA FG runs.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just pulled an all-nighter playing Undertale because this game would not let me sleep tonight and I had to get the pacifist ending in order to be able to stop.

This game wrecked me in many different levels.

No regret. Goddamn this is the game that affected me the most since Mother 3.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just done my rounds for today, so I'll get my payment tomorrow, weather doesn't look at all great, and hopefully I'll find some good tech for Marth/Lucina in Smash soon. :V

Hey! It's that siscon from YuruYuri... Oh Hylia... The implication since you all refer to each other as sisters, sistahs, sis, etc. :p

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I may be late for the Undertale Train but thanks to it, I have found my soul spirit animal! The two-eyed black spider whichisnttechnicallyinthegame. Also Muffet's theme is so fun/cute. I will loop it during BAN•ZELDA FG runs.
somebody say remix/cover time?
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fjamesroachmusic%2Fspider-dance-from-undertale-but-its-ska-i-guess-yikes
enjoy? idc
you kids are weird
Random Pizza Place in Somewhere, Oregon has Lucas and Ness plates on the wall.
This place is instantly my favorite place to eat.
but is the pizza good?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just went onto Showdown! again to do the good old Sans Quoting fun during matches.

And I managed to get a screencap of someone being very salty. It saddens me that people on Showdown! don't even know what Undertale is. (Guess that's another reason as to why Showdown! is trash. :V)

Should I post the screencap gorls? :secretkpop: (I have blocked out a naughty word he says, but just to be on the safe side. I probably won't.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom