• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Fair point, I did act like a jerk to him. And now that I'm thinking about it, I started it...
Well, now I feel like an ***, if you'll excuse me. I'm going to listen to some mother3i music and play some shadow of the colossus.
It's alright man, it happens.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
They most likely changed the costume because it is offensive to North America's indigenous population.

In this article, some Native Americans give their perspective on appropriation of their culture (emphasis mine)

From what I understand about this game, these are not characters; they are character classes that the player can change at-will. That means you can change from being a "Tomahawk" to being a pirate or a knight. Native Americans' culture shouldn't be used as a costume for aesthetic purposes in a video game. If a game wants to create a Native American character, they should thoughtfully and respectfully give that character background and understand the culture they're borrowing from.

It's sad that we'll complain about the removal of a Native American costume while we're perfectly content remaining blissfully ignorant of many of the issues facing Native Americans and their nations today. States are still stealing land! I read an article that said one tribe in the Southern United States was asking the state for help to slow/stop the erosion of their land due to a bog that was sinking it. The state just ignored it because all the land that was swallowed by the bog became land of the state.

Native Americans are one of the most likely groups to end up in foster care, and they have very high alcoholism rates. Native women are often abused by men from outside the tribes and have trouble getting justice from the US criminal justice system. In Canada there's a highway where large amounts of Native women go missing, and the Canadian government has done little about it.

We only want to think about them when we can use their culture to make an enjoyable movie, book, or video game, but we can't be bothered to care when their people are facing real problems. I don't blame them for finding that offensive.

I hate all this talk of "giving in" to "Social Justice Warriors." Almost every time I hear that (or read it), it's someone complaining about an issue that negatively affects real communities. Sorry you (not you specifically - I'm speaking generally) thought this costume looked cool and you wanted to use it, but if the only time you're upset about issues concerning Native Americans is when there's been a change in a video game you want to play, you need to rethink your outlook on life.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Cloud doesn't have a down tilt. For a swordsman, that's so so important. It's the one thing that makes me worried outside of undertuning his power due to limit break.

Side note: Mewtwo gets dirty dirty things done to him. I can't see him becoming anything but the worst character competitively as the game gets older and punish games get optimized.

Edit: this page is dedicated to Cloud's ridiculous dtilt that goes 3x as far as Mega Man's. Will it be good enough to replace a normal dtilt? Stay tuned.
And Mewtwo does pretty dirty things to you as well. How about an utilt->footstool->shadow ball jab lock->disable?

If Limit Break only affects specials as we've been led to believe I don't why they'd feel the need to tone down Cloud's normals.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
If Limit Break only affects specials
Didn't the trailer show his up smash affected by Limit Break?

Also it's so awkward watching people talk about news that happened a year ago...

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
So my Smash save data got corrupted somehow and I have to unlock everything. Again. For the third time. Welp, GGs everyone, I'm done with Smash!

On a side note, I'm not collecting all custom moves and equipment. Screw that mess!

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Just fought a good Yoshi on FG for a couple hours.

Yep, the MU is as bad as I remembered. I probably won about 40% of the matches.

I don't think Zelda has any advantages in this MU to be honest.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's hard to say on my end but it seems Yoshi is a combination of EVERYTHING Zelda hates with no weakness that she can really exploit. Probably not her worst because Yoshi's not as ridiculous as the top tiers but...

Heavy: Check
Safety (relatively): Check
Range: Check (in this matchup anyways)
High mobility: Also check!

I could be wrong but it just seems bad on paper, too.

Edit: Also new avatar hype! Found a trove of art and this just looked DEVILISHLY amazing, I had to.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
It's hard to say on my end but it seems Yoshi is a combination of EVERYTHING Zelda hates with no weakness that she can really exploit. Probably not her worst because Yoshi's not as ridiculous as the top tiers but...

Heavy: Check
Safety (relatively): Check
Range: Check (in this matchup anyways)
High mobility: Also check!

I could be wrong but it just seems bad on paper, too.

Edit: Also new avatar hype! Found a trove of art and this just looked DEVILISHLY amazing, I had to.
He also has pretty solid KO power too - another check! xD

Also I don't think it's her absolute worst MU, but it's one of them. Probably 30:70.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's cold out there.

Yoshi's annoying and hard to deal with for bad characters but lacking vs top tiers.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
He also has pretty solid KO power too - another check! xD

Also I don't think it's her absolute worst MU, but it's one of them. Probably 30:70.
KO Power, sure. KO options? Not so much. USmash, FAir, and UAir are his main KO moves and with the exception of UAir they take some planning/reads in most situations.

Yoshi has been maligned since the beginning of Smash 4, but ever since I realized that most of his moves have slow(ish) startup but low end lag he's been more manageable. It's a trait he shares with Game & Watch tbh.

He's a frustrating MU for Villager too. I will say that a good Yoshi is pretty entertaining to watch though. Good use of eggs, Egg Lay, his great mobility, and double jump armor usage.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Did some rounds today, and I made my Mother laugh. I'd say what the joke was, but I don't feel like it's necessary or best to say it here. :secretkpop:

And for some reason, I had a thought of a montage of one of the best Lucina players in the world doing insane stuff in tournaments. Like FF UAir > SH Side B > Falling UAir > FH DAir Spike > Falling DAir Spike onto a Sheik. And getting the second spike on Sheik when she's doing her Up B.

This picture puts a huge smile on my face. <3 (Ships Madoka x Homura)

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Evidently :urg:
Wow, that's sad. :(

Where I'm from, higher education is essential to have a decent job. Without it, your options are very, very limited.

In your previous link, there is someone by the name of Sanders. Who is he?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Didn't the trailer show his up smash affected by Limit Break?

Also it's so awkward watching people talk about news that happened a year ago...
If you are referring to the cyclone move (Finishing Touch), that is most likely going to be his down special once his Limit Break is charged, kind of like KO Uppercut. Whereas normally down b for Cloud is charging the Limit Break.

As for Mewtwo being bottom tier with time, remember how in Melee people used to think that until Mew2King proved he could do stuff? I see a similar thing happening here.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
As for Mewtwo being bottom tier with time, remember how in Melee people used to think that until Mew2King proved he could do stuff? I see a similar thing happening here.
Lol Mewtwo is still considered & has always been considered low/bottom tier in Melee

And low/bottom tiers are literally unviable in Melee sooooooo

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
On my morning walk I passed a guy sleeping on the sidewalk and left the $5 in my pocket for him. I figured anyone sleeping outside in 12 degree f (-11c) weather needs it more than I. :(

It was so cold this literally happened to me.

But I wore several layers and was fine.
Wow, that's sad. :(

Where I'm from, higher education is essential to have a decent job. Without it, your options are very, very limited.

In your previous link, there is someone by the name of Sanders. Who is he?
Bernie Sanders. He's one of the democratic presidential candidates for 2016. I hope he wins.

IMO I can't see Mewtwo being any higher than bottom 15. He is better than bottom 5 though (Ban-Zelda).

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Our R.O.B. who art in Rhythm Heaven, thank you for the Sass. Thou hast blessed the up-tilt a mighty 1%, and thou hast graced our F-smash so that it no longer whiffs. Though I strut through the Valley of the Sass Realm, I will fear no Ryu because the Phantom is by mine side. Regardless of any obstacles, me and Your other girls are ever faithful to the Queen. So in the upcoming patch, I humbly ask that Thy allow us to use Din's fire in the air without going into fall state. Amen.

Well gals, that's my contribution to the Zelda buff prayer circle. Also, I've lurked this thread for ages and felt like posting for once.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Lol Mewtwo is still considered & has always been considered low/bottom tier in Melee

And low/bottom tiers are literally unviable in Melee sooooooo
At least he can chaingrab the spacies. That's the difference between low and bottom in that game.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
At least he can chaingrab the spacies. That's the difference between low and bottom in that game.
But the difference is so small it's almost negligible. Pichu has techchases & chaingrabs on spacies as well & look where he is (though he really should be higher IMO but he's still useless)

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But the difference is so small it's almost negligible. Pichu has techchases & chaingrabs on spacies as well & look where he is (though he really should be higher IMO but he's still useless)
Point isn't to say Mewtwo is a good character, just not useless. Melee just has much higher standards for usefulness, but in Smash 4 he has a much better chance to execute his gameplan without getting steamrolled. Just takes some practice and dedication. So saying that he's bottom 5 or will be in time generally shows a lack of understanding of what he's capable of.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ugh, I talked with someone on youtube who didn't support the collage for all act because they think collage is a "useless thing".
http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=file
College is useful, but it's also not essential. The view that anyone who does not get a bachelor's degree is not able to have a refined skill, is toxic and isn't going to help anything. A Bachelor's degree doesn't even set you apart anymore, you have to get a Master's, even that is starting to be less valuable. But actually being good at something and making connections is way more essential to landing a job than getting a degree.

This is especially true in the arts. Who cares if you took 15 years of theatre, if you can't act, no one will hire you. You may not have the charisma or looks to even land lead parts at all, but you sure do have a few pieces of paper you paid thousands of dollars for. Yay.

TL;DR
College is good, but not all the time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
College is useful, but it's also not essential. The view that anyone who does not get a bachelor's degree is not able to have a refined skill, is toxic and isn't going to help anything. A Bachelor's degree doesn't even set you apart anymore, you have to get a Master's, even that is starting to be less valuable. But actually being good at something and making connections is way more essential to landing a job than getting a degree.

This is especially true in the arts. Who cares if you took 15 years of theatre, if you can't act, no one will hire you. You may not have the charisma or looks to even land lead parts at all, but you sure do have a few pieces of paper you paid thousands of dollars for. Yay.

TL;DR
College is good, but not all the time.
I agree. It's also so damn expensive :urg:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
We've flooded the market with people looking for jobs instead of building up ambition to create jobs for others. I plan on having my own business for sure, because you can't rely on anyone else to guarantee you a job. I'm thankful for having so little to start with, because I learned what was necessary and what wasn't and budgeted my money accordingly. Banks and car dealerships and things like that aren't just trying to help you out, they're trying to make a profit off of you and they prey on the young and innocent and it's horrid. I wish this generation didn't say they hate the 1% for being so evil and then turn around and beg them for money so they can learn to paint pictures. It's so backwards.

Yikes, you got me ranting lol. I just hate those who take advantage of the innocent by promising them everything they want and not delivering.

And now I'm an angry flower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom