• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
zeldas like mid tier
I would agree with you if she had received any noteworthy buffs in the last balance patch. That tiny buff to our up tilt really doesn't excite me.

Just look at her...
Unreliable F-Smash (Arguably one of the worst moves F-Smash in the game)
Nerfed U-Smash (In comparison to brawl, it's hitbox is pretty crap. Megaman stole our Up-Smash hitbox)
The Phantom has uses, but it's really "meh" most of the time
Din's Fire is god-awful now.
She also has stupid landing lag on everything she does.

Even if she had just received a buff to her F-Smash (you know, so it actually hits the opponent?) or even something like her being able to store the phantom (think of Samus' charge beam), I'd be in agreement with you.

At least we still have our Farore's wind out of shield, I guess...

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Also, looking at Eventhub's tier list (I know, it's stupid, but hear me out) I've noticed that Link is ranked 8th best in the game.
How is it possible that Rinku is better than the god damn Captain of Falcons?
Someone explain :confused:

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
I would agree with you if she had received any noteworthy buffs in the last balance patch. That tiny buff to our up tilt really doesn't excite me.

Just look at her...
Nerfed U-Smash (In comparison to brawl, it's hitbox is pretty crap. Megaman stole our Up-Smash hitbox)

Even if she had just received a buff to her F-Smash (you know, so it actually hits the opponent?) or even something like her being able to store the phantom (think of Samus' charge beam), I'd be in agreement with you.

I still can't, for the life of me, understand why they just gave her 1 more damage on a tilt.....it's confusing......

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41

Just look at her...

Stop ruining my vibe. She can kill incredibly fast. has a great recovery. can rack up damage fast with her combos

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Worse:
:4olimar::4miisword::4villager::4dk::4megaman:
I too would like to know why you think these characters are better.
You are sleeping on Olimar, Mega Man and Villager!
Villager is the master of defense! Polarizing (overused word I know) but he wins so many matchups so strongly.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
You are sleeping on Olimar, Mega Man and Villager!
Villager is the master of defense! Polarizing (overused word I know) but he wins so many matchups so strongly.
Nah, man. Villager is scary, but I personally feel he loses to Zelda.
Mega man is iffy, but due to Zelda having her reflect ability, yeah. I'd say he falls on his face.
Olimar is also just bad in this game. He went from Hero to Zero (In my opinion)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@Fughin, since you missed the first raid against Lucina, want to side with us and raid the Palutena boards next? :^)

... Wait a second.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
r u srs m8. wots with all the mk h8?

MK also has excellent recovery, he combos incredibly well, killing isn't too difficult, and he actually has options to return to neutral. def not worse than zeldawful

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
She can kill earlier than all of them. She has a reflector. She has an amazing recovery. and pretty much just overall outclasses them.
Be fair, while she does kill early, she's incredibly slow, has a real hard time landing when hit into the air and even though her recovery is good, once the opponent wises up, you can kiss your offstage game goodbye. She's also really light and can be killed early on. I respect your opinion, but I don't really agree with it.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
**** this thread goes by so fast.

@ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl @ BJN39 BJN39 what did I miss?

What Mopcina raid?
What's a Mopcina

Did you converT to SlayUTena yet??

I worked last night and it sucked ***, I dunno why I agreed to work on new years eve.
I work at a chocolate factory and was doing a new years party and I had a VIP table because I'm one of the best servers like that(or at least my company seems to think) and these people payed 2000 DOLLARS just for a vip table for a party

like how rich ARE you for that?

Then they showed up like 2 hours late to the party.

This is random but has anyone played Odin Sphere, it's such a beautiful game.

The art style is mesmerizing and it has a nice story.

I feel like a a true sis like @ BJN39 BJN39 would appreciate the aesthetic of this game imo!

Like this is how the entire game looks.

Super good and it's not talked about enough
we went to the lucina boards and raided theyre thread and we trolled Candy. We trolled them so much they had to shut down the thread for a while. Mopcina is a thing. Go to the lucina Q/A and start read from page 3

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Be fair, while she does kill early, she's incredibly slow, has a real hard time landing when hit into the air and even though her recovery is good, once the opponent wises up, you can kiss your offstage game goodbye. She's also really light and can be killed early on. I respect your opinion, but I don't really agree with it.
Landing isnt really a problem for me. I try mixing it up with nayrus love. farores wind away from them. or just use an aerial. Robin and jiggs are incredably slow yet they are both high tier characters. Jigglypuff, ZSS, Peach are light too.

Last edited:

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Landing isnt really a problem for me. I try mixing it up with nayrus love. farores wind away from them. or just use an aerial. Robin and jiggs are incredably slow yet they are both high tier characters. Jigglypuff, ZSS, Peach are light too.
Jiggs is fast in the air. Robin has multiple good projectiles to cover herself with, and reliable disjoints. Jiggs' and Robin's viability is questionable atm. Zelda's slow, but she also has tons of other weaknesses that are greater than her strengths.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry sistahs, I converted into a Lucina waifufeg. :^((((

But you know, looking at her animation of her Up smash, I definitely have a different outlook on her.

Her beautiful blue hair flows gently into the air as she thrusts her sword up.
Her firm position, curved hips gives her maturity, poise, and stature.
As she extends her sword up into the clear heavens, her legs are thin, almost delicate, but also firm.
Her chest, although flat, raises to reach the sunlight, reflecting dimly.
And finally, with her sword in her hand, she performs her devastating move, her body position in near perfect position. Everything about her is straight, pretty, and most important, perfect. <3 u <3

Truly, she is the best.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Nah, man. Villager is scary, but I personally feel he loses to Zelda.
Mega man is iffy, but due to Zelda having her reflect ability, yeah. I'd say he falls on his face.
Olimar is also just bad in this game. He went from Hero to Zero (In my opinion)
Except sis, we're discussing if they are better characters than Zelda, not if Zelda beats them.

Plus, even if Zelda beats them, that doesn't say that she is a better character overall. In Brawl, Fox is noticeably better than Sheik, but Sheik kinda destroys Fox.

Megaman & Villager are pretty good, certainly nowhere near where Zelda is. Olimar is a lot closer, but I still feel like people are sleeping on him like at the start of Brawl :/

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Not now, sis. Maybe in a bit, but it seems you already have company, haha.

Also IMO

Characters worse than Zelda: :4miisword:

Spirst

Worse:
:4olimar::4miisword::4villager::4dk::4megaman:

I too would like to know why you think your characters are worse than Zelderp.
Lolwat

There is no way in hell Mega Man is worse. He has better KO ability, more projectile pressure, a smaller hurtbox, faster airspeed, faster ground speed, a decent air game, and more.

Zelda's great FUN but let's not get into delusions either.

Top Bottom