• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Good job gorls

My phone can no longer load the Robin social

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
If Smash had Mario Kart-esque online we wouldn't be complaining 24/7
The ONLY game I'm good at online (and Pokemon when I'm in the mood).

Yes, I am 10 pages behind in this thread. Is that a problem?

Guess who said:
He is most definitely a better character than people think, and I wouldn't say that there's necessarily a skill gap here either. I've had close sets with most of these players even with my Robin and Shulk. But I mean it when I say everyone I played yesterday had NO IDEA what I was doing, lol.

When I can hoo hah for like a guaranteed 20% even when my opponent is at mid-to-high percents, or when I can Fsmash them and KO them easily before 100% with what looks to be like Marth's Fsmash tipper that can also be relatively safe to space with on shields given how powerful it actually is, or when I can Dtilt and Dash Attack pretty freely since they come out so fast and have a good amount of range and put my opponent where I want them to be.......

Just a few pointers, but yeah, I think this character's actually pretty good. Nobody saw it coming. They watched me open my 3DS to transfer my Mii to the WiiU and were like, "Wtf is this guy doing?"

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm bad with raids. I go too far and end up inciting group suicide pacts where as you girls know how to tease just enough to make them develop eating disorders.

I think I've underestimated Sword's abilities, and by that I meant, lol I should have been spacing SH B-airs more often.

Soul.

So apparently you can "cape glide" with Shocking Cape in some form. what
Isn't Scalding F.L.U.D.D. what makes Mario "top tier"?

The ONLY game I'm good at online (and Pokemon when I'm in the mood).

Yes, I am 10 pages behind in this thread. Is that a problem?
funny, i'm "good" at Pokémon when I feel like playing it too xD

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
If Swordifghter turns out to be top tier I'm going to laugh.

I never really judged Swordfighter because I hadn't seen evidence of why he was bad, but if suddenly he goes from worst to high tier that's going to be hilarious.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I do not believe that one tournament alone will suddenly make Mii Sword look amazing and jump spots in a tier list to be a contender. If only one person is to make a character look amazing (ie Trela for :4charizard:, :4robinm:and:4miisword:), it doesn't mean that the character will suddenly be good and accessible for everyone.

Another thing is that the game in general is very balanced. Everyone has a strength that they should take advantage of, but some are easier to stop than others. Again, someone will have to be in the bottom of the list no matter how good they are perceived to be, and as of now, Sword will be here due to a lack of reps and results.

And honestly, the more I look at all the other characters, and how the custom metagame is shaping, I really don't think :4zelda:will graduate out of the basement... again.

I'll wait for things to settle for now, but yet again, Houston surprises everyone in a positive way

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I do not believe that one tournament alone will suddenly make Mii Sword look amazing and jump spots in a tier list to be a contender. If only one person is to make a character look amazing (ie Trela for :4charizard:, :4robinm:and:4miisword:), it doesn't mean that the character will suddenly be good and accessible for everyone.

Another thing is that the game in general is very balanced. Everyone has a strength that they should take advantage of, but some are easier to stop than others. Again, someone will have to be in the bottom of the list no matter how good they are perceived to be, and as of now, Sword will be here due to a lack of reps and results.

And honestly, the more I look at all the other characters, and how the custom metagame is shaping, I really don't think :4zelda:will graduate out of the basement... again.
Dude there is still time before the first tier list will even be made, Zelda has a few interesting, though hard to use consistently techniques.
She may have been nerfed, which is beyond me on why they did that...........
But I think the way the mechanics and stuff for sm4sh works may actually make her better.
I won't give up hope, she has potential and I know she won't at least be at the bottom.
I know soon people will continue to find new things about her and just show what she can truly be.

Also wow at the custom hate in that tournament thread.
I'm pretty mixed tbh. There are really those customs that are outright questionable. Power vision is non-trivially easier to use than default vision for god knows what reason. Trip sapling is DUMB. Kong cyclone explains itself. Diddy Kong, Sheik, and Rosalina are ******** with customs. Diddy Kong becomes even MORE dominant with customs on.

You'll need more than 5 minutes and more than 2 stocks to adapt to some of that type of mess.
Yet again? Does my state usually have surprises like this?
The Shulk hype began there. Look where the Monado Boy is now

Also, the Zard hype began there too

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Oh, I didn't check HRC until now but you're right. Thanks Sakurai.

Meteos was probably my favorite puzzle game I ever played, I actually dug my copy out again a couple months ago for nostalgia. Completely forgot there was a sequel though (and I preferred it that way, thanks). There were some enemies in Smash Run (also from Brawl's SSE I'm pretty sure) that reminded me of Meteos, I forget what they're called. That's probably what you're referring to though so welp.
I'm pretty impartial to there being sequels, I'm just upset about how they were handled. The gameplay is just so unique for a puzzle game and each planet had such character. I'd love to see a Wi-Fi enabled version of the game. And, outside of the game, a sound mixer for each planet.

The mites from the SSE look kind of like Geolyte's inhabitants, as well as the Mario analogs from the fighting team.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
. Power vision is non-trivially easier to use than default vision for god knows what reason. Trip sapling is DUMB.
Power vision...Yeah, thats incredibly silly.

Trip sapling is going to be seen as worse then regular timber later down the line. Trip sapling doesn't have the mindgame potential of regular timber. Trip sapling is also worsen depending on the stages that become legal. Trip sapling wouldn't be as effective on skyloft or wuhu for example.

Rosalina are ******** with customs.
Eh, depends. She certainly becomes better.

The Shulk hype began there. Look where the Monado Boy is now

Also, the Zard hype began there too

Ah, ok. I see.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm pretty mixed tbh. There are really those customs that are outright questionable. Power vision is non-trivially easier to use than default vision for god knows what reason. Trip sapling is DUMB. Kong cyclone explains itself. Diddy Kong, Sheik, and Rosalina are ******** with customs. Diddy Kong becomes even MORE dominant with customs on.
I mean of course they're not going to adapt in one set or anything but customs tournaments are pretty young ATM.

The more frequently X custom is picked, the more people are going to figure out ways to fight it/combat it. If people can go from game to game in this series and place at high level, I'm sure customs are manageable. A lot of how silly it is boils down to perception and the "newness" of all of it, I think.

I could be wrong but, s'what I think.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I hate the ignorance surrounding customs
EVERY friggin custom has positives and drawbacks like regular moves, just adapt
EDIT: cept that custom DK up B

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think Power Vision is the only custom that struck me as being a massive straight upgrade, and I don't think a counter of all things is worth dropping customs over.

Speaking of Power Vision, I'm guessing something's off in the frame data with it, because the normal counter barely looks slower than the default while the forward variant is frame 41 (could spotdodge before the hit with almost anything) compared to the default being 21. If the counter can be spotdodged with either version, it'll be a lot less ridiculous in my eyes.

Everything else questionable just looks like new jank people will adapt to and get over eventually.

EDIT: cept that custom DK up B
Grounded superarmor starts frame 20 instead of frame 8, and there are no hitboxes for 30 frames in the middle of the attack.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Power Vision is stupid strong yes, but it's still a counter. If Shulk gets predictable with it, he's leaving himself right open for punishment from something such as a tipper F-Smash from Marth or allowing someone to start a combo on him. It's a powerful tool, but it does have a lot of risks by virtue of the type of move it is.

The best post in the tournament thread was:
This definitely proves the game is balanced without diddy! ;)
swordfighter, marth, falco, samus, peach, AND jiggly in top 10.

We know what we must do c;
c;
Power Vision is stupid strong yes, but it's still a counter. If Shulk gets predictable with it, he's leaving himself right open for punishment from something such as a tipper F-Smash from Marth or allowing someone to start a combo on him. It's a powerful tool, but it does have a lot of risks by virtue of the type of move it is.
Yeah. It's a counter. You can't exactly "adapt" to it. It still has the same old weaknesses. Thing is... It has more activate frames than default vision, obviously more knockback and damage and it's the most accurate aerial counter Shulk has. Add to that, countering a jab KO's because that's fair.

Should also mention, if you don't have an aerial command grab of the sorts and the Shulk manages to read you aerial and counter it with power vision, GG. It's not that hard to end up in a scenario like that.
just adapt
Eh. We'll see. I'm still salty about Diddy though. Lol

Soul.

everyone is so salty about Diddy
"I hate this game and I hate you for using Diddy."
also Iceball is ridiculous

warionumbah2

Smash Master
If you main a character that sucks in customs then more time you'll be salty at characters like DK. Lol

High speed drill is a blessing from sakuray, his kirby bias is still there.... except on D3.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
his kirby bias is still there.... except on D3.
And any Kirby game he didn't make.

Going back to villager customs, the only one I like is Extreme ballon trip. Being able to get back safely on to the ledge is to good to pass up. Not to mention if they they try to edgeguard they risk getting hurt as well.

Rosalina it is typical Warp and Falco laser. I might also use Launch star plus though because how quick it is.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Launch Star Plus is pretty legit, though I think I like having options in how I recover more than "get to the ledge quickly". Makes it a lot harder to intercept her on her way to the ledge though.

Man Swordfighter's Airborne Assault goes a lot further than I remembered. I mean, I knew it was the best sideB already, but I don't remember it helping horizontal recovery anywhere near that much. Saw neutralB>uair, is that a true combo?

SF usmash is surprisingly low lag even with an average mii, I thought it only looked fast to me because I was using a short one before. Wonder what the data on that is...

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I think Zeldas customs have definite potential, remember when everyone thought that squall rejection and passion were useless? After we discovered more and I know that her customs might have something hidden. I really think her customs have interesting properties and stuff and I just think we haven't discovered enough yet. To this day I still see her as mod.

@ FullMoon FullMoon wanna play?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Launch Star Plus is pretty legit, though I think I like having options in how I recover more than "get to the ledge quickly". Makes it a lot harder to intercept her on her way to the ledge though.
It's actually so fast it is hard to intercept itself. But being able to recovery onto the stage is a fantastic option which is why I'm having trouble deciding.

Top Bottom