• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
In a tier list structured top/high/mid, Zelda is absolutely mid.

Also at least four of those characters are in the upper half of the cast easy lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have a hard time seeing where he's good. He's got some nicely disjointed tilts and decent aerials, but he commits hard to his kill options, has a vulnerable recovery, iffy projectiles, and sideB has awful priority/is vulnerable to OoS options. Not to mention his upB leaves him annoyingly susceptible to low percent gimps if he ends up in a bad situation. Apparently even Tweek doesn't think the character is good.

I'd like to believe otherwise, but the character really just strikes me as a bag of gimmicks, even if a lot of the gimmicks are pretty cool.

He also can't do much against shield. He's played like an agressive rush down as far as I've seen in videos but him having a tether grab doesn't help at all

Really sucks that his projectiles don't do much at all so he's forced to rush down

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It isn't even a tether grab, it's just a really crappy regular grab

even if he gets the grab his throws are all trash

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Bowser Jr. is one of those characters where I think they were extremely cautious when designing his moves so he wasn't OP and he ended up really underpowered as a result.
Sort of like Palutena.

EDIT: That makes sense, right?

Last edited:
Apparently, Shulk players have been doing better with Diddy when they stopped jumping and stuck their butts to the ground. In other words, stick to the ground unless you see a banana in which case, use speed then pick up the banana. The only moves you'll respect on ground are his d-tilt and (sort of) his f-tilt. Every other ground moves of Diddy is whatever.

Good **** Zelda mains about the Farore's Squall. Interesting results.....

Edit:
Idk what I just did but I did like n-air > b-air > b-air >d-throw > u-air > u-air with Diddy wtf

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Bowser Jr. is one of those characters where I think they were extremely cautious when designing his moves so he wasn't OP and he ended up really underpowered as a result.
Sort of like Palutena.
Bowser Jr was a character I wanted to like to play, but yeah I just can't do much with him. He doesn't fit me at all and he just plays so weird.

He actually looked amazing way back during the beginning of Smash 3ds's life but then he dropped when people figured him out. It's pretty sad. ;_;

Palutena was also disappointing to me. I can't get into her moveset. Even with the superspeed/lightweight set up.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Morning gurls.
Added squall cancels to the guide a few mins ago. Good stuff on testing Diddy escapes, I passed out last night haha.

Edit: Shamelessly promoting the guide because I made it very prettyful this weekend. Check me out!

Last edited:
I'm going to keep Diddy for a while.....

Free riki avatar?
riki.png

Blends in with anything BUT Project M skin

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Why is R.O.B such a pain... That N-Air and Gyro drives me crazy.
Don't expect to be able to punish nair with anything meaningful, because its hitbox is large and its landing lag is nonexistent (don't know about its aerial end lag); its weakness is in the fact that it takes longer to start than the majority of smash attacks and does nothing to save him from pressure. Either wait and see what he does next, or pop him with a shuriken.

Gyro's just something you need to be aware of when he has it available.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Off to the lab to experiment with customs more.
This song will be on repeat most of the day for good luck :awesome:

Soul.

All I'm doing with this thing is try out customs. Gets boring after a while.
I feel like doing online matches but lol VG--Smogon tho :troll:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Don't expect to be able to punish nair with anything meaningful, because its hitbox is large and its landing lag is nonexistent (don't know about its aerial end lag); its weakness is in the fact that it takes longer to start than the majority of smash attacks and does nothing to save him from pressure. Either wait and see what he does next, or pop him with a shuriken.

Gyro's just something you need to be aware of when he has it available.
Right, usually when I get ROB in the air I can deal with him easily, but it's getting him there that really annoys me.

Also I noticed you dropped Dedede as well.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also I noticed you dropped Dedede as well.
Yeah, kinda covered it in the Greninja social but I love the character, not his playstyle. I've never been one for heavies, so it's not really surprising to me; incidentally, also the reason I haven't tried Ganondorf yet.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm not one for heavies either. The reason Greninja clicked so well with me, other than me loving the character, is because of how mobile he is. Heavies make me feel really limited, but Greninja is just pure freedom when it comes to moving around.

D

Deleted member

I just woke up to a giant birthday card from my sister :') My sister wrote all these comments and stuff and I legit almost cried xD

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yes POOP has decided on a victor!! Project Ukelele will feature Kirkhope, Wise, and Burk as composers! This soundtrack will be amazing.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm not one for heavies either. The reason Greninja clicked so well with me, other than me loving the character, is because of how mobile he is. Heavies make me feel really limited, but Greninja is just pure freedom when it comes to moving around.
spoken like a true sonic player :)

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm able to adjust between mobile and slow characters pretty well. Moving around with Greninja, Yoshi and Pikachu feels great and free, but when I play Dr. Mario and Zelda I go into a different mode of play. I find that, in Smash Bros., I don't really have a specific character archetype that I like.

In other fighters, I like playing grapplers or characters with good grabs/throws, but that doesn't remain true in Smash Bros.

I should mention Mewtwo though. About 70% of what I do with him in Melee and PM is grab lol.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lol Mega Salamence was long banned. And Salamence is not even a good Pokemon anymore smh you guys. :^)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Maybe I really should try to play Sonic =V
Whoa, I was just poking fun :V and I actually like to play heavies/slow characters (except Dedede), mainly cause when you read someone you can be like "gotta take out my cell real quick, I don't have a call I just have to press 1"
only heavy worth using is Salamence
I would not play that character :p
I am sooo used to playing slow and defensive/technical characters. When I first picked up ZSS in Brawl I was like "omg I can actually move!!!" It was a pretty strange experience.
what characters like Zelda and ganon are like riding a bike

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
See: Metagross
What has Metagross have to do with the fact that Salamence is UU and a bad Pokemon who is outclassed by Kyurem-B?

Also MEGAGross is also going to get banned soon, so Metagross can go back to UU as well. :^)

Soul.

What has Metagross have to do with the fact that Salamence is UU and a bad Pokemon who is outclassed by Kyurem-B?

Also MEGAGross is also going to get banned soon, so Metagross can go back to UU as well. :^)
Regular Meta is not good.
UU is boring.

Top Bottom