• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
No, his ledge attack is this weird, penguin thing.... I have no idea how to describe it other than he probably heaves his heavy frame up and does an attack... Ganondorf's is much easier: climb the ledge, swipe the ground with his arm, and stand up.
Oh wait you said ledge I thought you were talking about the dash attack nvm.

How annoying to get stage spiked by a ledge attack :'D

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The hitbox on Dedede's dtilt makes no sense

It has nothing to do with the animation, it's just this arbitrary disjoint spaced in front of him that has a blind spot large enough for characters like Pit to dodge it standing pointblank. It's a really good disjoint for how fast the attack starts and how hard it hits, it's just really weird.

Anyway, I believe what @ Ffamran Ffamran is talking about is this:

also late to the Samus customs discussion but dropping it here anyway

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

It has nothing to do with the animation, it's just this arbitrary disjoint spaced in front of him that has a blind spot large enough for characters like Pit to dodge it standing pointblank. It's a really good disjoint for how fast the attack starts and how hard it hits, it's just really weird.
Dedede is too perfect to make sense.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I actually read that as "Shouldn't you be making wigs with the Rosalina mains tonight? ;)"
I don't know how I screwed up that badly
Really? I thought I said, "Dip your sweaty socks in Timmy's lemonade."

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
So I'm like, REALLY excited about using the new share function on the 3DS version.

IDK how it works on the WiiU, or if they even have something better, but I don't have one, and this is something I had expected to have already been there, but wasn't. Then they made it better than my expectations.

I've already put up a lousy FG 1v1 battle where I got a sick string of hits as Zelda.

My SSB4 name is actually BJN39 too, for anyone who wants to see my garbage Zelda on roll glory lol.
Can't search names in the Share mode for content. You can only search anyone, friends, or yourself for submitted replays.

Unless you've got a location/stage/mode/character, that'll help me find you too. :colorful:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, and Little Mac's aerial KO Punch is pitiful. Another player probably would have killed my Ganondorf had he not used it in the air for some reason and maybe had I not traded with Ganondorf's Nair. Ganondorf's run-off ledge Uair is awesome by the way.
Yeah, air KO Punch is laughable. I didn't look into its specifics much, does it even kill ever? It's kind of ironic considering his normal neutralB is usable for midair superarmor, which can be used to land through juggle attempts and punish.

Even if Ganondorf's recovery is horrible, his edgeguarding is so good because if he hits you with pretty much anything you're probably dead. He was one of my favorite characters to mess around with in Melee, there's still a fair chance I'll look into him in this game at some point too (Flame Choke tech chasing is another strong motivating factor). I'm just put off by how slow he is and how bad his recovery is; two factors I'm not terribly keen on having in a main/secondary. His range and power should make up for it easily though, nair in particular is so good.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I don't know why page claiming is becoming such a big deal. It's something that I accidentally started on an old social and brought it here, but it's not supposed to be serious. However you get the first post on a page, be it on purpose or by accident, your post is there and it doesn't matter if you edit to acknowledge it or not. It's not serious, don't make a big deal out of it. There's really no reason to.

But on that note this page is mine, regardless of if I edit or not.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Can't search names in the Share mode for content. You can only search anyone, friends, or yourself for submitted replays.

Unless you've got a location/stage/mode/character, that'll help me find you too. :colorful:
Yeah, I realized that you couldn't exactly search names, but yeah I can narrow it down:

Specifics:

• United States (Location)
• Zelda (Character)
• FG 1v1 (Mode)
• PictoChat 2 (Stage)

I only use Black Zelda and have the tag "BJN39" on my FG vids. The one I've put out so far me facing a green CF. I'll mention if I put any others out and such. :)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I don't know why page claiming is becoming such a big deal. It's something that I accidentally started on an old social and brought it here, but it's not supposed to be serious. However you get the first post on a page, be it on purpose or by accident, your post is there and it doesn't matter if you edit to acknowledge it or not. It's not serious, don't make a big deal out of it. There's really no reason to.

But on that note this page is mine, regardless of if I edit or not.
I would say that it is a big deal, but you have complete control over this page so I'll respect what you say until there is a new Queen/King.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Yeah, I realized that you couldn't exactly search names, but yeah I can narrow it down:

Specifics:

• Zelda (Character)
• FG 1v1 (Mode)
• PictoChat 2 (Stage)

I only use Black Zelda and have the tag "BJN39" on my FG vids. The one I've put out so far me facing a green CF. I'll mention if I put any others out and such. :)
I found it. They switched the names online, lol.

The wall-jump recovery from CF's meteor was epic af, he was totally stunned at it. I saw you going for the hard Dthrow > fast-fall Bair read in your first Dthrow lol. Solid string on his second stock.

On another note, it's ridiculous how Peach's Dthrow > Bair is more guaranteed than Zelda's Dthrow > Nair and yet the former does more damage. Idiotic.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

Specifics:

• Zelda (Character)
• FG 1v1 (Mode)
• PictoChat 2 (Stage)

I found yew.

This is actually a really neat feature.
Hope the Wii U version allows us to share custom stages as well.
00002.png

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
ok so he FAVOURITED the tweet so

I'm not really sure

does that mean he's THAT thirsty??
The thirst is real
[collapse=May induce more thirst]
[/collapse]

Edit: Whooooooaaaaa 1k posts. And this is a perfect start to my next 1000 posts.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Drunk m2k playing Smash 4 Zelda. This should moderately entertaining.

"What are my moves again?"

"Her Bair is so depressing."

"Oh no, he reflected my totally predictable move [Phantom] at me and I got hit." (last three words said dramatically for comedic effect)

"Gonna change my strategy to dash attack."

*spends half a minute Utilting*

*calls mango a gay slur*

*kills with Usmash LOLOLOL*

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The thirst is real
[collapse=May induce more thirst]
[/collapse]

Edit: Whooooooaaaaa 1k posts. And this is a perfect start to my next 1000 posts.
I'll have to get wrecked by your Mega Man even more on Wii U now.

Random (but what in this thread isn't) but if Villager pockets Pac-Man's hydrant and then launches it it'll kill at like 90%.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'll have to get wrecked by your Mega Man even more on Wii U now.

Random (but what in this thread isn't) but if Villager pockets Pac-Man's hydrant and then launches it it'll kill at like 90%.
Villager pocket is duuumb. I like to throw out Fsmashes that they can't pocket against to get them thirsty for it. That way I can bait out their pocket... but sometimes I mess up and they actually do pocket a charge shot.

Then I shield/run away and am scared for the next 30 seconds of horror.

Also, yayaya. Add me and we can get some games in sometime.

Not tonight though. Working out and watching this beauty of an anime:
dat intro doe.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Anyway, I believe what @ Ffamran Ffamran is talking about is this:

also late to the Samus customs discussion but dropping it here anyway
I didn't stage spiked, but I did get, what it looked like, meteored. Can I upload videos through the share function now? I never used Miiverse mind you and I have a replay of it in case I forgot.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I found it. They switched the names online, lol.

The wall-jump recovery from CF's meteor was epic af, he was totally stunned at it. I saw you going for the hard Dthrow > fast-fall Bair read in your first Dthrow lol. Solid string on his second stock.

On another note, it's ridiculous how Peach's Dthrow > Bair is more guaranteed than Zelda's Dthrow > Nair and yet the former does more damage. Idiotic.
I found yew.

This is actually a really neat feature.
Hope the Wii U version allows us to share custom stages as well.
LOL so it wasn't just my 3DS messing up the names. I hope it doesn't do that for all of mine. Probs will though. :^)

Yeah the wall tech was like, *fanning self* and ever since I got one Dthrow BAir read I've been thirsty for more, lol. Maybe a bit greedy for first Dthrow. xD

I could kinda tell after the m combo on stock 2 he sorta gave up...lol, spamming ftilt. Rly gorl?

I should get my double elevator vs sonic battle up too. Again, not much to see outside of my super greedy FW elevator attempts. :^)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Zelda's downB 3 might be one of the best customs for classic

takes almost no time to charge to full and the obscene damage output makes it murder master core forms

got 933k with two deaths, still put her on the upper end of my scoreboard lol

also finished up diddy/rob/mac customs with her instead of finding her downB 2...

I didn't stage spiked, but I did get, what it looked like, meteored. Can I upload videos through the share function now? I never used Miiverse mind you and I have a replay of it in case I forgot.
uhm

I'm not really sure what the features added in the update were, my assumption was that you could publicly upload your mii fighters and replays though, so I would think you could upload your replay (that's what @ BJN39 BJN39 was just doing, no?)

If it was an actual spike instead of a stagespike I'm definitely curious about it, that wouldn't be something I've seen or heard of before.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't know how to use Miiverse! :sadeyes:

Well, I just used the share function and uploaded the replay... but I have no idea how to use Miiverse and where to find the damn thing since I'm on my laptop and I just logged onto Miiverse.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's not even related to Miiverse lol

I checked the share function and it was the first replay that popped up when I searched for Bowser in 1v1 For Glory, gonna check it out.

EDIT: The angle really makes me think it was a stagespike, even though it didn't have the wallbounce graphic. That did look pretty janky, though.

EDIT2: Nevermind, it wasn't a stagespike I guess...I'm not sure what the usual angle on ledge attacks are though. Maybe Sakurai angle + bad DI or something?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait... HOW?! I've been looking for the damn thing in Miiverse, but I don't know how to operate the stupid thing. Anyway, I believe it's like 10 seconds before the match ends.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
https://twitter.com/noneofyourbizo/status/565544034157228033?cn=cmVwbHk=

lmao

Also Fern, I'm mostly fine now. I just needed a break so I logged out of everything where I'm notable but then I got recognised on other places anyway so I was like, well this is pointless lol
Hahahaha that dude wants the D badly.

I'm glad to hear you're mostly fine now, but doesn't sound like you're done with breaking...

You're probably a bit too involved in the places you're notable :'D. Take a vacation somewhere in Australia! If you don't get eaten by a horrible animal in the wilderness somewhere I'm sure you'll be feeling fine by the time you come back.

If that's hard to do, there's always lots of ears ready to hear you vent and rant, I'm sure. Well, at least you got one here :)

Btw, @ Locke 06 Locke 06 I approve of your tastes in good anime :). We could play sometime! I am in dire need of MegaMan MU experience.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait... It's not related to Miiverse?! Wut.... WHY, NINTENDO?! WHY DON'T YOU GIVE CLEAR PATCH NOTES?!!

Edit: So, it's basically like the Replays used in Brawl with "Smash Service"?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've never even looked at Miiverse and barely know anything about Brawl so I don't have anything to go by

Here's a gif of it if you wanted to pester other people about it without them needing to find your replay:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Btw, @ Locke 06 Locke 06 I approve of your tastes in good anime :). We could play sometime! I am in dire need of MegaMan MU experience.
Yeah. Talking about Cowboy Bebop got me wanting to watch it again. That and taking some time to play the Bravely Default demo again.

I can't really tell which my favorite anime is... it probably varies based on how I'm feeling. Cowboy Bebop, FMA brotherhood, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, or Prince of Tennis (lololol). Kuroko no Basuke would be up there and I love it, but I know too much about basketball to enjoy it without questioning how absurd it is.

Go ahead and add me and we can play sometime. :)

Edit: Inuyasha maybe. Kagoomeeeeeeee~

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Lavani Lavani @ Ffamran Ffamran That angle definitely looks like a stage spike. I'm like 100% sure. It's kinda like what happened in Brawl when you lightning kicked DDD against a wall and they'd instantly go flying down while Zelda froze in place.

@ Locke 06 Locke 06 Mine would be Cowboy Bebop, Now and Then Here and There, Planetes, Evangelion, Madoka Magica and a bunch of other films (Mononoke, Perfect Blue, End of Evangelion, Spirited Away, Akira, Sky Crawlers, etc).

As you'll see I'm more of a seinen person, but I enjoy silly stuff every once in a while, like Nichijou and Gurren Lagann, etc. I can't say I'm a fan of shonen at all, though. I actually had so much trouble viewing the first episode of FMA:B because everyone kept screaming all the time :'D. I'm too mentally old for that I think.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Now that I look at it more, Bowser's facing left (would be knocked back to the right) during hitlag, and the angle really does line up with where he'd fly after a stagespike. Guess my original hypothesis was correct. Thanks Fern!

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I've been wanting to get into Evangelion and I've heard good things of the others you listed, but only in passing. Mononoke though... love it.

FMA: B is soooo good though. Yeah, there's a lot of screaming... and action in the first episode. And to be honest, the first episode is pretty lame and wasn't in the original manga. They just wanted a full scale assault on the capital to show off alchemy. The story of FMA: B and the characters are really what make the show shine. The set pieces in terms of fighting are good too (comparable to Cowboy Bebop fights at times) but the complex plot will really get you thinking, especially if you don't know much about the story.

Edit: I wish I could use Greninja. I play against Spirst's all the time and I technically know what I'm supposed to be doing with him... but I can't make his moveset flow. I can't imagine trying that in lag.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Edit: I wish I could use Greninja. I play against Spirst's all the time and I technically know what I'm supposed to be doing with him... but I can't make his moveset flow. I can't imagine trying that in lag.
Me with Meta Knight.

I played a bunch of matches with MK on FG the other day, and I was feeling like I was making some progress...until I barely lost to a really bad Sonic just because I couldn't figure out how to deal with his kit as MK; I JV3'd him with Rosalina afterward :/ Things like that really make me feel like I shouldn't be trying to learn the character...

Using :4greninja: in lag makes me cry so hard. I don't know how you people do it ;-;
It's really depressing when there's enough lag to even prevent the basic combos off of nair and dash attack. Really depressing.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
On one hand, I'm glad that there aren't more Meta Knights... I have a feeling he might destroy Mega Man. (Uair juggle for days, plus mobility to get through zoning, nado can be used to get through zoning as well...)

On the other hand, I think the character is really cool and different.

Disclaimer: Did not follow Brawl competitively at all... so I'm not Meta Knight'd out like most people are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom