• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
She legitimately regretted it later on. That's good enough in my book.

Also, she looks cute, so there's that.
I mean, being treated worse than a flea infested gutter dog and generally being the village pariah as a child would be a better reason to give than "Well, she regretted it later".

Like, her backstory with Eremiya is an order of magnitude worse than Nino's is with Ursula.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I mean, being treated worse than a flea infested gutter dog and generally being the village pariah as a child would be a better reason to give than "Well, she regretted it later".

Like, her backstory with Eremiya is an order of magnitude worse than Nino's is with Ursula.
So i knew the whole thing about Eremiya but i didn't know how badly she was treated in the assassin's group. I knew it was bad, just not to that extent.

If you can't tell, i haven't played much of New Mystery, main reason being that DS emulators suck. Why is it that my GameCube emulator works like 10x better than my DS emulator?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Why is it that my GameCube emulator works like 10x better than my DS emulator?
Not actually knowing anything about their intricacies (and never having used Dolphin for comparison), I would guess more processing power is required to emulate two separate screens plus converting touch controls to point and click.

Seeing as it was Nintendo's first handheld with proper 3D and the N64 is horrifying to emulate accurately, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a bunch of internal quirks accounted for that bloat an emulator. DeSmuMe handles games accurately but has fairly heavy CPU usage for it; No$GBA is far lighter, but games are prone to glitching and crashing.

The simpler explanation might just be that DS emulation is CPU intensive while GCN is GPU intensive, and your hardware favors the latter over the former.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I maxed out my Tempest score for the first time :dr^_^: and my Sigurd has like nearly 7000 SP ooooops
I hope the voting gauntlet quests give plenty of coins and orbs like last time

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day: Fourth Blade reveal in a row

This is Mei. I like her. She looks like she came out of a Persona game. Here's her in action

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

Going to be writing up about plagiarism now, it's mainly how these students balatently copied the original work they're referring to; so no signs of harvard referencing, quotes, etc.

Thankfully, I am almost done with this assignment, so hopefully I can get it all done today. Also, I've managed to watch 2 episodes of Toradora! yesterday, since I honestly didn't have much to do. :V

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So I joined team Karel because I have a level 1 one and he’s a pretty good husbando

Kinda unrelated, but which a-slot skill should I give Felicia? Now that I have an extra Cat!Sakura, I can give her Kitty Paddle+, but I don’t have any DD3 fodder for her. The only +spd Felicias I have are -res and -atk, though. Should I use the -res one and just use res+3 as a placeholder until I can get DD3?

Edit: I did pull 2 Cat!Sakuras, so should I sacrifice them both to her for Kitty Paddle+ and Warding stance? The only reason I’m kinda hesitant to do so is because of dagger valour

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So I joined team Karel because I have a level 1 one and he’s a pretty good husbando

Kinda unrelated, but which a-slot skill should I give Felicia? Now that I have an extra Cat!Sakura, I can give her Kitty Paddle+, but I don’t have any DD3 fodder for her. The only +spd Felicias I have are -res and -atk, though. Should I use the -res one and just use res+3 as a placeholder until I can get DD3?

Edit: I did pull 2 Cat!Sakuras, so should I sacrifice them both to her for Kitty Paddle+ and Warding stance? The only reason I’m kinda hesitant to do so is because of dagger valour
I think that's a poor use of resources, even if dagger valor is probably the least important valor they could have handed out.

Nothing's wrong with Neko Sakura if you just want to use her. She's basically a slower, pre-built Felicia who only works against magic. Not sure what the difference is if we only look at magic because the battle calculator is dealing with some bugs apparently, though.

Felicia does actually want DD3 specifically, because it means with neutral IVs she has 30 DEF on enemy phase against bows. With a Glacies to back her up, a speed stat that prevents most of the roster from doubling, and a Poison Dagger, Felicia can function somewhat as a general anti-range unit. Warding Stance doesn't let her do that.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Fairy Tail is a really fun series. I'm currently on Episode 7 and it's been pretty good at being dark while keeping some slight comedy around. I just decided to watch it to have someting new to watch while rewatching Red vs Blue and One Piece and it's better than both of those series. The animation is also far, far better than OP and DBS, although that's what you have to expect when Toei Animation is handling the latter two. I don't know if it's possible to have worse quality animation that can still pass for watchable than Toei.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think that's a poor use of resources, even if dagger valor is probably the least important valor they could have handed out.

Nothing's wrong with Neko Sakura if you just want to use her. She's basically a slower, pre-built Felicia who only works against magic. Not sure what the difference is if we only look at magic because the battle calculator is dealing with some bugs apparently, though.

Felicia does actually want DD3 specifically, because it means with neutral IVs she has 30 DEF on enemy phase against bows. With a Glacies to back her up, a speed stat that prevents most of the roster from doubling, and a Poison Dagger, Felicia can function somewhat as a general anti-range unit. Warding Stance doesn't let her do that.
my cat sakuras are +res -atk/spd respectively, so i don't really care that much about using them (also, i don't really like sakura much)

i like felicia a lot and have been wanting to build her for a long time

i think i'm going to give her kitty paddle+ regardless because it lets her fulfill her niche as an anti-mage unit better since it'll allow her to actually damage non-infantry units (most notably reinhardt and cecilia)

so i guess i'll just go with the -res felicia i have and use res+3 until another celica banner returns

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fairy Tail is a really fun series. I'm currently on Episode 7 and it's been pretty good at being dark while keeping some slight comedy around. I just decided to watch it to have someting new to watch while rewatching Red vs Blue and One Piece and it's better than both of those series. The animation is also far, far better than OP and DBS, although that's what you have to expect when Toei Animation is handling the latter two. I don't know if it's possible to have worse quality animation that can still pass for watchable than Toei.
Bruh, Fairy Tail is my second favorite anime/manga of all time (1st place is JoJo). I actually really like Fairy Tail because it brought me out of my depression. Plot can be dumb sometimes but Fairy Tail has legit, the most likable cast of characters i've ever seen in an anime/manga and for me, characters are more important. You can have the most well-written story ever, if i don't care about the characters, then i won't care at all.

Animation-wise, Fairy Tail has pretty good animation. It somewhat dips in quality in the 2014 series but that's due to them changing studios (the way A-1 works is that they have several studios within them).

There's going to be a third and final season of Fairy Tail next year (the manga ended earlier this year).

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Bruh, Fairy Tail is my second favorite anime/manga of all time (1st place is JoJo). I actually really like Fairy Tail because it brought me out of my depression. Plot can be dumb sometimes but Fairy Tail has legit, the most likable cast of characters i've ever seen in an anime/manga and for me, characters are more important. You can have the most well-written story ever, if i don't care about the characters, then i won't care at all.

Animation-wise, Fairy Tail has pretty good animation. It somewhat dips in quality in the 2014 series but that's due to them changing studios (the way A-1 works is that they have several studios within them).

There's going to be a third and final season of Fairy Tail next year (the manga ended earlier this year).
Yeah, the characters really make it. Natsu and Grey hating each other but being the best of friends when Ezra is looking won't stop being funny to me for a while.
How is the anime filler-wise?

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was mostly saying Warding Stance isn't worth it.

Depends on where you are in One Piece.

That isn't to say it was ever at the forefront at animation or anything, but if you put it in context that it's a late 90s era show it's fine. It got bad when they switched to a Toriko-like color palette, lost the iconic watercolor effect, and went to a 1-or-less chapter to episode ratio. Basically right after Thriller Bark.

It's actually sort of funny when they remake scenes from the first fews years of one piece for flashbacks reasons and they look so much worse than they did it originally 15+ years ago.

You can have the most well-written story ever, if i don't care about the characters, then i won't care at all.
That's...actually why I couldn't ever get into Fairy Tail, way back when it first started.

Like, I suppose I can see why people would like Team Natsu, but I can't help but feel like I liked Team Natsu a lot more when Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Gray, and Ezra were...well, Haru, Elie, Plue, Musica, and Let.

It didn't help that the mangaka reused character designs whole cloth, either. Gray is really just a younger Musica, and what they did to poor Sieg...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Not counting one-episode fillers, there are three filler arcs. The first one is pretty short (like, 5 episodes), the second one went on for quite a while, and the third one was a bit longer than the first. The first filler arc was alright, the second one was actually good and is one of my favorite arcs and the third one sucked.

That's...actually why I couldn't ever get into Fairy Tail, way back when it first started.

Like, I suppose I can see why people would like Team Natsu, but I can't help but feel like I liked Team Natsu a lot more when Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Gray, and Ezra were...well, Haru, Elie, Plue, Musica, and Let.

It didn't help that the mangaka reused character designs whole cloth, either. Gray is really just a younger Musica, and what they did to poor Sieg...
Hey, fellow Rave Master fan. Rave Master was a pretty great manga. I got introduced to it via the Fairy Tail x Rave OVA. I remember finding it kinda funny that Mashima reused Rave Master character designs for characters in Fairy Tail and changing them up a bit. But, i appreciate that the characters did have similar but different personalities.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
y r all thes so gud? btw SAVE HIM

She legitimately regretted it later on. That's good enough in my book.

Also, she looks cute, so there's that.
gorl

im gonna stab u + rob u

den say im srry

den well b bess frens probly unles u ask me 2 mary u den ew srry gorl juss no

Karel is the opposite of a good husbando. He says his sword is not even for you and not sharing his weapon is super rude. What if you run out of knives and need something to cut up veggies, meats, or intruders? He's also scrawny and tbh if your husbando is weaker than you then you need another husbando. Otherwise carrying groceries to the kitchen within one trip will be an impossibility.

As for Kitty Sakura fodder, dagger valor is more of a luxury than a necessity. Kittie Paddle is really the only necessary thing she has since Warding Stance is so-so for any unit that's not attacking at all ranges. Felicia's best A-passive is probably Fury. +3 RES/SPD/ATK are too good to give up because she needs the SPD to double and she would appreciate the extra ATK.

Yeah, the characters really make it. Natsu and Grey hating each other but being the best of friends when Ezra is looking won't stop being funny to me for a while.
Some of the filler is stupid as filler usually is, but most of Fairy Filler is surprisingly good most of the time. It's the characters that make it decent, imo. My only beef is how Lucy gets whipped 50% of the time unless it has something to do with her spirits in which case she usually passes with an A+. Natsu is what happens when you cross Goku's stupidity naivety with Chi-Chi's sass and explosive temper.

I try to stick to shorter animes that are maybe just 1 or 2 seasons long. Bleach has ruined longer animes for me because that show had so much filler and the characters were pretty boring.

As for anime I watched that were decent there's Fairy Tale (ofc), 7 Deadly Sins, Black Butler, Ouran HS Host Club, Birdy, Full Metal Panic, Tiger & Bunny, and that's all I can remember atm. Some normal cartoons are also getting better because the emphasis is on keeping some sort of continuity but more importantly making characters less flat. Tangled (series) is pretty cute/good, but what Disney-thing ISN'T cute/good? Miraculous Ladybug is like Sailormoon x Super Heroes. Sonic Boom's (Knuckles is the most precious one ofc) pretty enjoyable and so is Be Cool Scoobydoo. Then ofc there's Archer, Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Code Lyoko, OK K.O., Rick and Morty, Star vs., and kind of Steven Universe (iffy atm tbh).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Karel is the opposite of a good husbando.
rip u have trash taste

hot husbando with beautiful, flowing hair >>>>

As for Kitty Sakura fodder, dagger valor is more of a luxury than a necessity. Kittie Paddle is really the only necessary thing she has since Warding Stance is so-so for any unit that's not attacking at all ranges. Felicia's best A-passive is probably Fury. +3 RES/SPD/ATK are too good to give up because she needs the SPD to double and she would appreciate the extra ATK.
totally forgot fury existed

i just gave it to ha, along with the kitty paddle+ and guard 3 so she doesn't get cheesed by qp moonbow. also sacrificed an arvis to ha for def ploy bc awkward and clumsy maid deserves the best

i'd like to give her ca3 in the future

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I try to stick to shorter animes that are maybe just 1 or 2 seasons long.
I'm kinda the same way, it just depends on the type of anime. For Slice-of-Life anime like Himouto! Umaru-chan, it's better if it sticks to the normal (nowadays) 12-episode format per season. For more action-oriented anime, i would like if it they go up to at least 25 episodes but no more than 50 per season. There are exceptions of course, like Fairy Tail, and i'm looking to get into Gintama, since i've heard so many good things about it.

I remember when i tried to watch One Piece once. I enjoyed it, yes, but i dropped it after 17 episodes because i just knew i was never going to catch up. It's a good anime, it's just too late to get into One Piece now imo. One Piece doesn't even have proper seasons. All 800+ episodes are all part of one big season so you don't really have a chance to take a break though i may go back to One Piece once it ends, which will be the same day JoJo Part 5 gets an anime......which is never.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
What if you run out of knives and need something to cut up veggies, meats, or intruders?
That's what he's there for, duh. You don't need another knife cause you've got a Karel. He's telling you how dependable he is at cooking, massacring your enemies, and other various domestic housework.

Tangled (series) is pretty cute/good
Wait what? They turned Tangled into a series? Did they keep all the VAs from the movie?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
MOIRA IS LIVE ON PTR APPARENTLY???

rip u have trash taste

hot husbando with beautiful, flowing hair >>>>
srry 2 bust ur trashy bubbul but

ur scrawny husbando vs any gud husbando (a factual representation of Karel vs any good husbando)

That's what he's there for, duh. You don't need another knife cause you've got a Karel. He's telling you how dependable he is at cooking, massacring your enemies, and other various domestic housework.
Ye right. Karel would probably just run around saying edgy stuff half the time and dramatically pose for hours on end. If you ask him to do something his excuse would be like "that's not worth using my sword/skills for" or some lame junk like that.

gtfo of here you freeloader and take off that wig we all know it's fake.

Wait what? They turned Tangled into a series? Did they keep all the VAs from the movie?
Yes they did. I was a bit surprised, but Disney is usually good at keeping the same VAs or at the very least finding people who sound very close to them. The series takes place shortly after the movie. The animation is very different but it looks rather nice and fits the happy-go-lucky Rapunzel who is also nicknamed Raps which is super duper adorable and omg.

Speaking of same VAs, in Be Cool Scooby-Doo Fred is still played by the same VA. Like. Dude. WTF? Shaggy's VA died a while ago but the guy who played Shaggy in the live action movies is now doing his voice so it works out I suppose. Damn. Scooby-Doo is hella old.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
wait let me translate because you youngsters basically speak in another language
i prefer to be the big spoon

omfg old lady just let me live my life
Oh OK dearie. Here, take some of NAna's famous chicken chili with you because your husbando is probably hungry. And take this extra small sweater I knitted because he looks like he needs insulation of some kind.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The first completed 100% speedrun of Super Mario Odyssey happened yesterday, taking over 22 hours lol

Speaking of Odyssey games, Etrian Odyssey 5 is really good. Initial impressions are that it could end up being my favorite EO, though I'm only up to 7f so far.

notice me KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

I remember seeing some episodes of the anime on Toonami or something when I was little, and not having any idea what was going on. Never played the games - thought they looked cool when they were new, but I didn't have a PS2, and looking back at them now they look pretty dated.
Im up to floor 4

Ive noticed you

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ryoma and Xander were basically made to be the hot bulky almost-bara brothers so ofc they're top tier husbandos and only people with trash taste 100% hate them. Leo's there for yaoi-ers and Takumi's there for vegans.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
doesn't japan love leon and takumi because they idolize skinny/non-muscular men?

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Karel is an awful husbando, and Lorde Lorde liking ha is only confirmation. In FE7 he's just a bloodthirsty animal, and he's not even remotely hot. He's just some shaggy kid in a coat 5 sizes too big and a weave probably filled with knots. Also Hoshido and if you find either of the brothers attractive, go back to the tasteless underworld from whence you came. All of the Gauntlet husbandos are frauds and we should've had Lucius instead.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
doesn't japan love leon and takumi because they idolize skinny/non-muscular men?
japan also loves marx

japan loves blondes

Im up to floor 4

Ive noticed you
o i didn't think i'd be past you, i figured you'd started before me and i put it down after two or three days to play more lttp rando

soz for spoilers

whats ur favorite class so far, i like masurao (i like everything except fencer/herbalist tho, 5 has really cool classes in general)

i'm having a crisis because i can't figure out what i want as my 5th member between shaman harbinger and necromancer though and it's making me sad, been running Masurao/Dragoon/Rover/Warlock/usually Shaman but sometimes Harbinger for the most part

GORLS. Would you mind answering this survey? [LINK]
kthx
:196:
i did the thing

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
japan also loves marx

japan loves blondes

o i didn't think i'd be past you, i figured you'd started before me and i put it down after two or three days to play more lttp rando

soz for spoilers

whats ur favorite class so far, i like masurao (i like everything except fencer/herbalist tho, 5 has really cool classes in general)

i'm having a crisis because i can't figure out what i want as my 5th member between shaman harbinger and necromancer though and it's making me sad, been running Masurao/Dragoon/Rover/Warlock/usually Shaman but sometimes Harbinger for the most part

i did the thing
I like pugilist because thunder fist is ridiculous

Im running atm:

P/D/R
B/W

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have no idea why I typed that last post the way I did

I like pugilist because thunder fist is ridiculous

Im running atm:

P/D/R
B/W
Botanist doesn't have Caduceus or Breakfire Fist or CPR or Immunize so they're the worst healers in EO history by default and you can't tell me otherwise.

I didn't make a Pugilist, but I've heard all about their amazingness from another friend as well, so I should maybe change that

I'd ask for your QR code, but they're region locked :079:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I’m tempted to kill off my Xander to give my Boey Quick Riposte. I haven’t used Xander in ages, and I have a better horse team now, so he’s kinda just been there. Plus I never really liked using him since he loves Fury but that hurts QR, and he needs QR to truly succeed
I was also just bored with him. BUT he’s a limited unit, and one that I 5 Starred at that. The reason I’m considering it is because I have no Subaki’s or Klein’s to promote and fodder anyways. I have Leo, but I like him cause he’s cool looking. Myeh
I could wait till I pick up a Subaki or Klein since they’re fairly common but I’m impatient >:v

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

I'm good at video games guys

Well ok I guess crashboards isn't going to display images now, nice

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day

Just a nice night-time view of the World Tree.
Don't forget, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct is today at 6 AM PST/9 AM EST.

Oh joy, images aren't showing again.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Did some shopping today, mainly to stock up on medicine, tissues and get myself some lunch as well. Also, that final assessment I have to do, I've managed to figure it out, so I'll be getting to writing it all up as much as I can.

Also, not that long now till Xenoblade 2 Direct. Time for me to get hyped. :yeahboi:

Oh, and rest in peace Miiverse. Your cancerous posts and godlike art will be missed... Also, Sonic Forces comes out today too. :V

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

I'm good at video games guys

Well ok I guess crashboards isn't going to display images now, nice
Sorry, but w/o evidence...

Ok so it shows up when I hit reply and I am extremely confused by what I am seeing. Is that a pop can?

Top Bottom