• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
When you get a +DEF/-SPD Boey:

btw you can also give him TA3, QR2/QR3 and a raven tome for now. He's the best anti meta we have. Though Inigo is also pretty good but no longer available. Spooky Henry's also an amazing choice for anti meta but he's limited too. IS knows what they're doing. cricricri
my -ATK / +DEF Boey that pity broke me after his tempest Trial has honestly been one of my better units for AA because he can nuke Brave Bow Lyn on retaliation usein GronnOWL. I have a +ATK/-SPD in my barracks for when i have 40,000 feathers (20,000 in reserve in case i pull a Camilla) and some free time.

Anyways would you gorls be ok if do some "Should You Pull" Style posts here tommorow, I'd love to talk about Short Haired Ladies.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Did some late night pulls with 15 orbs cause I was a bit bored, and boy did it pay off. Got ANOTHER 5 Star Marth (4th since launch) and my first Takumi. Marth was -Spd so he got slapped onto my regular Marth, and Takumi is +HP/-Def, which is bad for a Close Counter unit so I can fodder him off to Boey. I’m sad though cause he’s so rare and I kinda like him. But ah well, he’s fun to play in Warriors at least. I really do need more bow units though. Maybe I’ll try to pull for another one before his banner ends

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Me: Oh Blizzard made another HQ short? Yay! I just hope this time it's not going to make me cry.
Blizzard:

Moira's legendary skins have been revealed:
she has a literal david bowie skin lol

also new skins inspired by other blizzard games (for the most part) are coming for all of the heroes in 2018 (they'll be in default loot boxes):
blizzard pls give me this hanzo skin i would love you forever
I wonder if she's meant to be trans? That might be why she gives off such an androgynous vibe. So basically reverse Dream Daddy Damien. That'd be pretty cool if she was trans, tbh. Not that it would change anything, but ackowledging that "yes, they're people too" is kind of nice. But the best part about her are her receptionist nails. I'm going to have so much fun playing that character just based on looks alone.

The crossover short tho! Mei is adorable as usual. Young Reinhardt is super pretty tho.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I wonder if she's meant to be trans?
I'm pretty sure she's just an androgynous female, but i guess they could say that she's trans the in the future

imo she's not, but it's not like i'd care if she were

i'm just glad they're making more women who aren't super attractive sex symbols like mercy, widow, etc.

besides moira, zarya is really the only one

i want a necktie moira skin like in the oasis comic or her origins story

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
The production value that goes into worlds for league is insane.

Also I had a -atk rein ruin a 5% pity rate lul
no hone fliers for me I guess.
I'll just run 4 goads instead

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning everynyan! How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just watch the Sonic Twitter Takeover that someone compiled together, some of the responses are pretty hilarious. But we know a few things about them now:

Shadow is a weeb and likes Kill la Kill.
Infinite sent Eggman some Sonadow.
Sonic likes Mongolian Throat Singing.
Eggman is Cobanermani456's adoptive father.

They even acknowledge that the piece of the moon that Eggman blew up in SA2 is no longer there.

For those who want to see some of these responses; and let me tell you, some of them are great. I'll leave this here:
Sonic Twitter Takeover 3

Or for those that want to watch it from the Social.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
After going through all 44 American Presidents and 14 Taoiseach, I guess I'll stabilise for now and settle for Mr.3, one of my favourite characters in fiction. Also, I should post here more often.
Anyway, if there is anyone else here who still plays Animal Crossing NL, I would like to give some furniture away. Just ask.
I discovered this morning that there was a man called Dr. Gay Hitler who was a dentist in Ohio.
Not only that, there's a sitcom starring Hitler as well. It was called "Heil Honey I'm Home". The premise?
"It centres on fictionalised versions of Hitler and Eva Braun who live next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein.The show spoofs elements of mid-20th century American sitcoms and is driven by Hitler's inability to get along with his neighbours."
Whoever thought that was a good idea?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Surprise Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day. They've never done one on weekends before yet they did one today.

Her name is Musubi and she looks cool. She's got this 90's anime artstyle going for her. However, her Japanese voice doesn't fit at all.

Save some for the Direct though. C'mon, Xenoblade 2 Twitter.

Morning everynyan! How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just watch the Sonic Twitter Takeover that someone compiled together, some of the responses are pretty hilarious. But we know a few things about them now:

Shadow is a weeb and likes Kill la Kill.
Infinite sent Eggman some Sonadow.
Sonic likes Mongolian Throat Singing.
Eggman is Cobanermani456's adoptive father.

They even acknowledge that the piece of the moon that Eggman blew up in SA2 is no longer there.

For those who want to see some of these responses; and let me tell you, some of them are great. I'll leave this here:
Sonic Twitter Takeover 3

Or for those that want to watch it from the Social.
Shadow being a weeb was definitely a highlight for me.

They also responded to Alpharad and Sonic mentioned party games, which is amazing seeing as how Alpharad has been playing Mario Party a lot on his gameplay channel, Friends without Benefits.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
my -ATK / +DEF Boey that pity broke me after his tempest Trial has honestly been one of my better units for AA because he can nuke Brave Bow Lyn on retaliation usein GronnOWL. I have a +ATK/-SPD in my barracks for when i have 40,000 feathers (20,000 in reserve in case i pull a Camilla) and some free time.

Anyways would you gorls be ok if do some "Should You Pull" Style posts here tommorow, I'd love to talk about Short Haired Ladies.
I'm actually super conflicted about the Voting Gauntlet focuses myself. I'd totally summon if the primary focus currently running was of permanent heroes and not seasonal, also, I just don't have enough orbs saved up guarantee anything with the focus only having a week left to begin with. I would really like Amelia or Katarina though. I'd love to have Owl Sophia or Raigh, and Amelia's just busted. I don't going to summon, but if you have a fair amount of orbs saved up go for it imo.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It's the weekend, but they're at it again with the Xenoblade 2 surprises.

Hunter 23252 Baseball 44-Inch Single Light 4-Blade Ceiling Fan, Leather-Look Mitt Base with 4 Pine/Aluminum Blades and Baseball Light

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Actually, I was thinking of Xenoblade recently. Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 worth getting? Should I play the original one first?
We'll tell you once it releases later this year.

Playing the original rather depends on what you want to play it on. 3DS version is likely the most accessible, but I think they put the Wii version on the Wii U VC? Not sure what controllers are supported, though.

There's also the Wii U one, Xenoblade Chronicles X which I thought was really fun, but that was because it was a lot more about exploring the world and a lot less about murdering things with giant robots.

Surprise Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day. They've never done one on weekends before yet they did one today.
I like the design; she wouldn't of looked out of place in Xenosaga next to KOS-MOS.

And yeah, that's just...not the right voice for her.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rated R18+ confirmed.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Decided to pull for Halloween Joker bc I desperately want him and this happened:
4BD3A7EC-BE12-4E01-B52A-6E57A0076454.png
Joker is +res -def, which isn’t that bad
Leon is +spd -atk which is lame, but I’ll just give him a blade build to alleviate the atk bane. I wasn’t expecting to get him, but I’m honestly so happy because I have wanted him for a long time

Also got +res -atk and +res -spd Cat!Sakura

I just need Witch Nowi now and I’ll have all of the Halloween units

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I was scrolling through TBT and I think I found BJN's little sister or something
View attachment 133662
BJN39 and BKN33, it sounds like a nice family.
We're all BJN's family tho. :^)

After going through all 44 American Presidents and 14 Taoiseach, I guess I'll stabilise for now and settle for Mr.3, one of my favourite characters in fiction. Also, I should post here more often.
Anyway, if there is anyone else here who still plays Animal Crossing NL, I would like to give some furniture away. Just ask.
I discovered this morning that there was a man called Dr. Gay Hitler who was a dentist in Ohio.
Not only that, there's a sitcom starring Hitler as well. It was called "Heil Honey I'm Home". The premise?
"It centres on fictionalised versions of Hitler and Eva Braun who live next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein.The show spoofs elements of mid-20th century American sitcoms and is driven by Hitler's inability to get along with his neighbours."
Whoever thought that was a good idea?
Gorl honestly sometimes I think you're all up in some good stuff when you post. At the same time, your posts are easily the best ones to read and I don't know why.

What does this mean?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Hunter 23252 Baseball 44-Inch Single Light 4-Blade Ceiling Fan, Leather-Look Mitt Base with 4 Pine/Aluminum Blades and Baseball Light
The best Blade.

Actually, I was thinking of Xenoblade recently. Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 worth getting? Should I play the original one first?
There is a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct coming next week. I suppose that would somewhat anwser your first question. But we won't really know until we actually get the game. I have faith that it will be a good game though.

As for your second question, you don't have to play the original Xenoblade or X. All Xenoblade games so far are self-contained. Xenoblade 1 is it's own story, X is it's own story and 2 is it's own story. The Nopon have consistently appeared in all three games so far, since Nopon are basically the Xenoblade mascots. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Telethia in Xenoblade 2 as well, since they've appeared in the previous games.

That said, i strongly recommend you play the original Xenoblade. It's one of the greatest games ever made. New 3DS version is the easiest to find. The Wii version got ported to the Wii U VC. And the original Wii version.......good luck finding it.

Xenoblade X is pretty great too though it's more focused on gameplay than the story.

That's actually gonna be how the series will go on from now. Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 are more story driven, and any sequels will follow the same trend. Xenoblade X will be more gameplay driven, something the eventual Xenoblade X2 will follow (i say eventual because Xenoblade X has a lot of unanswered questions).

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Her name is Musubi and she looks cool. She's got this 90's anime artstyle going for her. However, her Japanese voice doesn't fit at all.

Save some for the Direct though. C'mon, Xenoblade 2 Twitter.

Shadow being a weeb was definitely a highlight for me.

They also responded to Alpharad and Sonic mentioned party games, which is amazing seeing as how Alpharad has been playing Mario Party a lot on his gameplay channel, Friends without Benefits.
Agshdjfjf they gave her that kind of body then made her sound like a 5 year old

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh! While checking if there was an English dub trailer for Dragon Ball FighterZ -- I think I misread an article title -- and seeing a launch trailer for .hack/G.U. Last Recode, apparently it was released yesterday. Has anyone played the .hack games or watched the anime? I've only seen bits and pieces of the series and always thought they were pretty creepy and interesting. Gonna have to make a note to pick up Last Recode one day.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The first completed 100% speedrun of Super Mario Odyssey happened yesterday, taking over 22 hours lol

Speaking of Odyssey games, Etrian Odyssey 5 is really good. Initial impressions are that it could end up being my favorite EO, though I'm only up to 7f so far.

notice me @KuroganeHammer

Oh! While checking if there was an English dub trailer for Dragon Ball FighterZ -- I think I misread an article title -- and seeing a launch trailer for .hack/G.U. Last Recode, apparently it was released yesterday. Has anyone played the .hack games or watched the anime? I've only seen bits and pieces of the series and always thought they were pretty creepy and interesting. Gonna have to make a note to pick up Last Recode one day.
I remember seeing some episodes of the anime on Toonami or something when I was little, and not having any idea what was going on. Never played the games - thought they looked cool when they were new, but I didn't have a PS2, and looking back at them now they look pretty dated.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I remember seeing some episodes of the anime on Toonami or something when I was little, and not having any idea what was going on. Never played the games - thought they looked cool when they were new, but I didn't have a PS2, and looking back at them now they look pretty dated.
Yeah, the anime was weird, especially seeing parts of it as a little kid. I think there was this weird golden orb that consumed stuff. The most recent thing I remember was one of the characters showing up in Project X Zone 2 and according to Wikipedia, there was a Japanese-only game for Android and iOS that was released in 2012 and died in 2016 which hilariously enough, another .hack game for Android and iOS was released in 2016 and died in 2016. Otherwise, there was a PSP game released in 2010, a fighting game released in 2010 based on a movie, and .hack/G.U. is a 2006 game. So, yeah, they're dated.

That said, the remake means people can get a game that doesn't look dated, but plays dated. They also wouldn't have to buy each of the three volumes had it been released as they were, since Last Recode bundles them all together.

A .hack game made today could be really interesting, but it might not work out well considering it's an old series and I'm not sure how popular or well-known it is.

Quick Edit: This makes me want a remaster of Xenosaga.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I really liked staying up to watch .Hack//Sign as a kid, I still remember a lot of the music.

Not really sure how much it had to do with the games, though. Apparently those had entirely different characters / different MMO or something, and that's without touching G.U. Like, I know an "Aura" exists in every .Hack verse, but I don't think it's the same character from what I saw in PxZ 1 and 2.

A .hack game made today could be really interesting, but it might not work out well considering it's an old series and I'm not sure how popular or well-known it is.
Well, it's a different landscape. When it came out, it was a bizarre premise. With the advent of stuff like SAO and it's various copycats, people-trapped-in-MMO is a maintstraim genre now. From what I remember of it, it could feasibly work as a rather pointed deconstruction of the current SAO-inspired genre. Ironic for a game that predates SAO by so many years, but I can't say I haven't seen it happen multiple times before.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I really liked staying up to watch .Hack//Sign as a kid, I still remember a lot of the music.

Not really sure how much it had to do with the games, though. Apparently those had entirely different characters / different MMO or something, and that's without touching G.U. Like, I know an "Aura" exists in every .Hack verse, but I don't think it's the same character from what I saw in PxZ 1 and 2.
It's complicated. Wikipedia lists a bunch of stuff explaining how things are related.

Well, it's a different landscape. When it came out, it was a bizarre premise. With the advent of stuff like SAO and it's various copycats, people-trapped-in-MMO is a mainstream genre now. From what I remember of it, it could feasibly work as a rather pointed deconstruction of the current SAO-inspired genre. Ironic for a game that predates SAO by so many years, but I can't say I haven't seen it happen multiple times before.
The bizarreness of the series is what I think makes it so interesting which would let it stand out and perhaps act as it selling point. Kind of like how Drakengard and Nier are really messed up and that's what makes them so fascinating and addictive after a certain point when you're all depressed and stuff.

As for the irony thing, I had to look it up because I was curious and apparently the Spec Ops series (1998) came before Medal of Honor (1999) and Call of Duty (2003). Of course, development times would change things, but it's funny how things happened as the most recent Spec Ops game, Spec Ops: The Line, is basically Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now the Game and was released when super gruff, modern warfare games were and kind of still are all the rage. Also, wow, I thought CoD was a much older series than it was.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Has anyone played the .hack games or watched the anime?
I watched the first episode of it years ago and I was so lost and confused that I haven't watched anime since then.
...Okay yeah I know I mentioned that I started watching Gurren Lagann a few days ago so that streak is over. Also everything past episode 8 feels so empty, I feel like something big is about to happen but it never comes and my interest in it is starting to die like Kamima I hate myself for saying that why did I say that

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
We're all BJN's family tho. :^)

Gorl honestly sometimes I think you're all up in some good stuff when you post. At the same time, your posts are easily the best ones to read and I don't know why.

What does this mean?
I'm flattered. Also flattened by all these responses.
I have no idea what I'm on.
Goodness me, 6 notifications. I was expecting a warning from BJN for mentioning Hitler tbh.
We'll tell you once it releases later this year.

Playing the original rather depends on what you want to play it on. 3DS version is likely the most accessible, but I think they put the Wii version on the Wii U VC? Not sure what controllers are supported, though.

There's also the Wii U one, Xenoblade Chronicles X which I thought was really fun, but that was because it was a lot more about exploring the world and a lot less about murdering things with giant robots.

I like the design; she wouldn't of looked out of place in Xenosaga next to KOS-MOS.

And yeah, that's just...not the right voice for her.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rated R18+ confirmed.
Whoops, when I said Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I meant Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Either way, thank you for the information. I think I'll be getting Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii U VC after reading this.
Mr 2 > Mr 3 sorrynotsorry
That I can respect. After all, where would we be if it weren't for Bon's Okama Way?
I just like the way how Mr.3 is pretty weak, but makes up for it in being clever and creative.
> mfw best baroque agent is even up for debate

Funny to think how if it wasn't for Miss All CIA over here, Baroque Works might have actually succeeded (She saved Luffy and wouldn't tell Mr.0 the secret weapon)
The best Blade.

There is a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct coming next week. I suppose that would somewhat anwser your first question. But we won't really know until we actually get the game. I have faith that it will be a good game though.

As for your second question, you don't have to play the original Xenoblade or X. All Xenoblade games so far are self-contained. Xenoblade 1 is it's own story, X is it's own story and 2 is it's own story. The Nopon have consistently appeared in all three games so far, since Nopon are basically the Xenoblade mascots. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Telethia in Xenoblade 2 as well, since they've appeared in the previous games.

That said, i strongly recommend you play the original Xenoblade. It's one of the greatest games ever made. New 3DS version is the easiest to find. The Wii version got ported to the Wii U VC. And the original Wii version.......good luck finding it.

Xenoblade X is pretty great too though it's more focused on gameplay than the story.

That's actually gonna be how the series will go on from now. Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 are more story driven, and any sequels will follow the same trend. Xenoblade X will be more gameplay driven, something the eventual Xenoblade X2 will follow (i say eventual because Xenoblade X has a lot of unanswered questions).
Yeah, I'm more a story based person so I think I'll be looking at Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Thank you!

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon all. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just saw some clips from what happened at MKLeo Saga. And guess what?
The Curse lives on. :secretkpop:

1st. Tweek :4cloud:
2nd. KEN :4sonic:
3rd. MKLeo :4cloud::4marth::4metaknight:
4th. Nairo :4zss:
5th. Dabuz :rosalina:
5th. WaDi :4mewtwo:
7th. Abadango :4mewtwo::4bayonetta:
7th. Lima :4bayonetta:

I heard the biggest highlight for some was that Mr. R FINALLY defeated ZeRo, leaving him at 13th place. Saw a clip of that, it was insanely close. Best highlight for me was this insane mixup HIKARU did on this Bayonetta player.

D-Throw > B Reversed Neutral B. It was nuts.

Also, I'll be talking about plagiarism now for my assignment. I'll just need to look at a document and 3 examples of work and see how the students have plagiarised the original piece. Such as not harvard referencing, quoting, editing bits of the original source that just got copied and so on.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh boy, Daylight Savings Time. Gonna have to get used to that again. Like, c'mon USA. Why this? Why do you mess around with time like this? It's just jarring having to get used to a new time schedule. It makes sense between timezones, but when the same timezone changes it's time......why tho?

Anyway, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day on a Sunday? Like yesterday, they've never done this before. Today marks our third Blade reveal in a row.

This is Idaten, a.k.a, Not Baymax. He looks pretty cute. Here's him in action

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Funny to think how if it wasn't for Miss All CIA over here, Baroque Works might have actually succeeded (She saved Luffy and wouldn't tell Mr.0 the secret weapon)
Also funny to think how if it weren't for Miss All CIA over there, literally no one could ever become the Pirate King again. But I suppose that's the Will of D for you.

Turns out she's the only one left in the world who can read the map!

And we're not really sure if what we know about Pluton was true, given some of the info learned after the Time-Skip.

Oh boy, Daylight Savings Time. Gonna have to get used to that again. Like, c'mon USA. Why this? Why do you mess around with time like this? It's just jarring having to get used to a new time schedule. It makes sense between timezones, but when the same timezone changes it's time......why tho?
Are you honestly complaining about getting an extra hour of sleep today?

Anyway, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day on a Sunday? Like yesterday, they've never done this before. Today marks our third Blade reveal in a row.
The...robot from Big Hero 6?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
which team are you gorls going to join for the voting gauntlet?

I'm thinking either Ryouma or Amelia, but most likely it'll be Ryouma

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Katarina, because she's a top-tier waifu. Also, because i have her.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

tbh I was thinking Soren but then saw who he's going up against. I guess I can do it for the feathers even if tsundere stoic boy doesn't win. Unless people go "omg das Ike's husbando!" and rally behind him or something.

Katarina, because she's a top-tier waifu. Also, because i have her.
Something tells me you think back-stabbing is a turn-on.

gorl do u nid help? we r here 4 u.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm going Soren cause that's where my friends will be. I'll just cheese it with my Level 1 Sorens
If he loses I might switch to Takumi since I have him. After that, idk

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'm going Takumi because I love him. If he loses, I'll go either Ryouma or Amelia since I have both, but I'm hoping that won't be the case

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tbh I was thinking Soren but then saw who he's going up against. I guess I can do it for the feathers even if tsundere stoic boy doesn't win. Unless people go "omg das Ike's husbando!" and rally behind him or something.
Isn’t shanna your waifu tho wtf how could u betray her

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm joining Team Shanna for level 1 cheese, her good performance in my run of FE6 so far, and the fact that the only other characters I have are Hoshidan Scum and that's no bueno.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Isn’t shanna your waifu tho wtf how could u betray her
If I go team Shanna then I would probably have to kill multiple Shannas. Only a monster would do that to their waifu, even if she's the enemy (back to back anyway jajajaja).

Top Bottom