• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Honestly if you win as Zelda they may not have known the MU, and that's fair when you'll probably encounter 1 good Zelda at every 5 large tournies, and even less people who are truly knowledgable of her strengths and weaknesses.

That said if you lose, [as Zelda] they probably still did not know the MU. It's a testament to how hard her MUs are that high tier characters can just fake it till they make it with their bnb and they beat Zelda anyways.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Can I do this pls

I'm honestly fine with Zeldas matchups on that chart.

Guess I'm ******** because of that?

I mean the only arguments against it in this thread I see is just the usual pondering to the "Zelda is the worst character in the game xd" meme without considering anything else.
Tbf we do have a MU thread if you're looking for more serious and detailed discussion on that. It may be a bit dated on some characters, but you'll get an idea on some thoughts people have on MU's.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
*comes here because I have a random tendency of searching for a certain show I still love just to see what people have said :lol:*

So Zelda is still struggling with her matchups? Not all that surprised since she's no longer ban worthy since Sm4sh has been out for a while :secretkpop:. Meanwhile Palutena did get booted from my main to secondary while Mario became my main because I felt comfortable with his playstyle.. but I haven't played Smash in a while because I lost the game :lol:
Also Hi users that were also once regulars of the Brawl Zelda forums lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I said it was a joke and I didn't actually say anything bad about bronies. Sheesh, you guys are more sensitive than scientoligists.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
^I said it was a joke and I didn't actually say anything bad about bronies. Sheesh, you guys are more sensitive than scientoligists.
She gave pretty much no reaction towards what we said in the thread. Getting a little defensive aren't you Rizen? :secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Just finished PW Trilogy, I think before sisT @Cenizas.
I liked it a lot but I still think JFA's final case was better. The atmosphere for that was set up perfectly and was one of the few times a game made me cry hard. I think I'd put it 2>3>1 for best final case, and 3>1>2 for the games themselves.
Also Ceni, I will sass slap yew hard if you still hate Fransizka after this case.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just finished PW Trilogy, I think before sisT @Cenizas.
I liked it a lot but I still think JFA's final case was better. The atmosphere for that was set up perfectly and was one of the few times a game made me cry hard. I think I'd put it 2>3>1 for best final case, and 3>1>2 for the games themselves.
Also Ceni, I will sass slap yew hard if you still hate Fransizka after this case.
Phoenix Wright games, just like most animated shorts on youtube, were made with the intent of making people cry. Happy cry, laugh cry, sad cry, mad cry, and cry cry. Except Phoenix Wright manages to make you do each of those at least once instead of just one.

Gumshoe is also the best cinnamon roll in the world and is such a sweetie cutie pie that even Franny drops the ice queen act when:
He gets in an accident rushing to the courtroom because he had case changing evidence that would save an innocent person and also help make Matt confess and save Maya and oooooommmmmmmmgggggg. Though we all know she kinda likes him because he's basically Bara Detective Cop Guy or something IDK.

My friend's theory: she had him fired so she could do some weird sugar mama thing and make him dependent on her because that's totally something evil she'd do.

Pls ban Franny.

He's a woobie overlord. He's such a woobie that his name D##k Gumshoe*** doesn't cause google to search for anything rated R because even google knows he's a sweet pure cinnamon roll. He's probably in my top 10 for favorite male characters. Kinda cute, kinda ugly. Kinda basic, kinda cool. He's usually involved in the funnier parts of the story. Super nice and sweet.

BTW Franny will always be an evil monster for whipping him because that pure cinnamon roll is most certainly not into that kind of thing. You will never convince me otherwise. (TBF she isn't too bad but sometimes her dominatrix crap is so over-exaggerated that it hurts to witness. Though so is Gumshoe's stupidity in some cases.)

***This is the possibly worst thing that popped up when I googled him. I'm very glad this line wasn't used for anything actually dirty. TY Internet for protecting the purity of this cinnamon roll detective cop guy.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
You know, my least favourite people are the ones who insult/judge you for what you
like.
How mysterious some posts seem to be deleted.
Also I stopped getting notifications for the Social yesterday for some reason and assumed nobody was posting FUUUU
Also, SoRo isn't even a bottom 5 character. Good ground mobility, good grab game, projectile nullifier, etc.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You know, my least favourite people are the ones who insult/judge you for what you
like.
How mysterious some posts seem to be deleted.
Also I stopped getting notifications for the Social yesterday for some reason and assumed nobody was posting FUUUU
Also, SoRo isn't even a bottom 5 character. Good ground mobility, good grab game, projectile nullifier, etc.
That's everyone's least favorite kind of person tho. But sometimes people are so serious about something that they do not realize the person is far from serious. eeeeeee

Her movement speed is fantastic and her basic kit is great. Luma is basically just a KB modifier and free extra hitbox/shield. If the lack of Luma nerfed her base kit, recover, etc, then maybe she'd be low tier. Without Luma she's still a fairly decent character, except she'll have to wait until 100% to get a normal kill. All she really has to do is play footies or go for 2 grabs. By then Luma will be back and ready to assist in getting all the cheesy kills Rosalemur could ever want.

Her drawback of being huge as all hell and light is not really a problem because she's actually fast. Glasscannons work when they're actually fast enough. Go figure.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
That's everyone's least favorite kind of person tho. But sometimes people are so serious about something that they do not realize the person is far from serious. eeeeeee

Her movement speed is fantastic and her basic kit is great. Luma is basically just a KB modifier and free extra hitbox/shield. If the lack of Luma nerfed her base kit, recover, etc, then maybe she'd be low tier. Without Luma she's still a fairly decent character, except she'll have to wait until 100% to get a normal kill. All she really has to do is play footies or go for 2 grabs. By then Luma will be back and ready to assist in getting all the cheesy kills Rosalemur could ever want.

Her drawback of being huge as all hell and light is not really a problem because she's actually fast. Glasscannons work when they're actually fast enough. Go figure.

Zelda is an example of a badly designed glass cannon.
Mewtwo is an example of a well designed.
Rosalina and Luma is just an averagely designed glass cannon, if you're gonna give her a partener, slow her down a bit
That's what I say to people who whine about her.
Since Luma is so easy to kill, a speed nerf would do wonders.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just waiting for Spirit of Justice to unlock on the eShop so I can purchase it. And I know exactly what to do for my portfolio now. I'll be working on fixing up a bit of my essay, work on my problem statement and put all of my work together. Shouldn't be too hard. :V

And I see we're talking about Rosalasereyesurgery. She's a huge pain in the backside to fight against, dunno whether to thank @Koiba for that or to blame her for it. :secretkpop:
But she's such a pain to deal with, however I just gotta learn the MU again; space well on dealing with that damn marshmallow star, and then just get in and try and get that kill. If the rumours are true of Smash 4 getting an NX port, we might see a 1.1.7 patch come along as well and fix or change some of the characters.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

Just waiting for Spirit of Justice to unlock on the eShop so I can purchase it. And I know exactly what to do for my portfolio now. I'll be working on fixing up a bit of my essay, work on my problem statement and put all of my work together. Shouldn't be too hard. :V

And I see we're talking about Rosalasereyesurgery. She's a huge pain in the backside to fight against, dunno whether to thank @Koiba for that or to blame her for it. :secretkpop:
But she's such a pain to deal with, however I just gotta learn the MU again; space well on dealing with that damn marshmallow star, and then just get in and try and get that kill. If the rumours are true of Smash 4 getting an NX port, we might see a 1.1.7 patch come along as well.

You know, I would have thought Lucina VS Rosalina was even.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You know, I would have thought Lucina VS Rosalina was even.
I see it as more of a bad MU, not one of her worst MUs, but not a good MU. Sure Lucina doesn't have to worry about getting a tipper. But it's that Luma can tank the hits for Rosaleg, she can break out of combos thanks to Luma. So that means no DThrow > BAir/UAir. Plus, Rosaleprechaun can just easily run away when solo and can easily gimp Lucina's recovery.

The only top tier I think Lucina goes even with is Sheik. I think Lucina has the worst MUs against Mewtwo, ZSS and Cloud.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

When you're hype for the new Phoenix Wright game but you moved a while ago and you were too lazy to unpack your 3DS, THEN forgot where you even put it so you're angry and hype at the same time:

Someone pls send help.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played someone on the ladder, we had a good match but he wrote : "Good games...but whenever I tried to start small talk, I got a wall of ggs. Basically the same thing as a silent brick wall."
Some of us use the TV for a computer monitor too and it takes several seconds to switch functions :facepalm: Oh well. Anyone want to smash friendlies? I want to mess around with miis.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is now available to purchase on the Nintendo 3DS eShop gorls! :yeahboi:

If you've played the previous installments, I'd highly recommend getting SoJ. However, for those who wanna get into Ace Attorney. I'd highly recommend getting the Trilogy first. And even though I'd recommend Apollo Justice as well, good luck finding a physical copy of that game.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw, there was a new trailer showing off some highlights of Pokemon Sun and Moon as well.

But it does show off some things we didn't see before. Being introduced to who is apparently Professor Oak's Cousin, we now know that Lurantis and Wishiwashi are Totem Pokemon. And that we can encounter Corsola and Staryus in the wild.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
We already knew Lurantis was a totem Pokemon but we didn't know about Wishiwashi
I hope that we fight a Bewear Totem Pokemon. Giant bear hug woo

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Haha, not trying to bring GG into the social again, but yesterday I discovered something interesting.
If you dislike a Sonic game that Arin dislikes, you're an Arin dic sucker.
I love Sonic fanboys for how desperate they are for insults lol.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Haha, not trying to bring GG into the social again, but yesterday I discovered something interesting.
If you dislike a Sonic game that Arin dislikes, you're an Arin *** sucker.
I love Sonic fanboys for how desperate they are for insults lol.
I really don't think the Sonic fanbase overlaps much with Game Grumps.

That's far more likely to be Arin fans than Sonic fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom