• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Edgey Rattata? Cool!
Pulverizing pancake? OMG I NEED THIS GAME RIGHT AWAY

Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World getting 3DS ports. RIP in pieces, Wii U.
Looks like the Wii U version of Mario Maker will still be the better one though.

The 3DS Pikmin game looks like it could be good. It might be worth a try.

I'm not sure if I should be laughing or cringing at the stupid Treehouse skits. I'm kind of in the awkward state between "haha" and "please hurry up and end my suffering for good already".

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
All that Zelda news was enough to make it a good Direct for me

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Direct in a nutshell.

Couple wii u ports and none of the newly announced games look interesting.
Everything else was already announced before.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^That's why you keep your expectations low.
What is it with everyone immediately going "rip wii u" when literally anything happens nowadays
Well, the NX is just around the corner, and I feel like the Wii U's had a good run considering its poor sales.

I suppose I am kind of jumping the gun, but come on, even if they say they aren't ending the Wii U we can't honestly expect Nintendo to be supporting three systems at once.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
^That's why you keep your expectations low.Well, the NX is just around the corner, and I feel like the Wii U's had a good run considering its poor sales.

I suppose I am kind of jumping the gun, but come on, even if they say they aren't ending the Wii U we can't honestly expect Nintendo to be supporting three systems at once.
I think at this point it was pretty much clear that the NX won't have the best specs and won't be a new home console to replace the Wii U.

While the Wii U is weak, it's probably not going to die out until the end of next year.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I just saw the direct. Time to give my thoughts on each titled! :yeahboi:

Pokemon Sun & Moon: The fact that Rattata now has an Alola Form is pretty funny. Dark/Normal with Gluttony and Hustle, I dunno whether it'll be more viable or not. Doubt it, also a special event Munchlax is hilarious. :yeahboi:
Super Mario Maker 3DS: Okay, I'm pretty happy that we now get a port of the system. Shame that we cannot use the Mystery Mushrooms for it. I'm glad that it's getting ported, but I'll stick with the Wii U port thank you.
Mii Plaza Update: I do play the Streetpass games every now and then. And I might give Streetpass Racing a shot once it comes out.
Zelda themed Amiibo:
Hyrule Warriors Legends: I'm glad that Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are getting represented in HW. Phantom Zelda and the Sand Wand are pretty cool additions. (Also, Cress! Cress! is gonna be doing more in depth looks and change the tier list once they come out. :secretkpop: )
Mario Party Star Rush: This is the only Mario Party game I'm really interested in. It looks unique and fun at the same time. Thank god the car got removed. :V
Animal Crossing New Leaf Update: I couldn't get into AC, but this update will definitely get my sister back into playing the game for sure.
Tank Troopers: It looks alright, though I'll probably pass on it. Not my cup of tea.
Picross 3D Round 2: Eh, I've played Picross on the VC and Pokemon Picross. I probably won't get this title though.
Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice: Of course I'm gonna get this game! I've played every Ace Attorney title, excluding spin offs and ones not released outside of Japan.
DQ7: Sorry, I'm waiting for DQ8. <3
Yo-kai Watch 2 Boney and Fleshy: :4corrin: I've made my choice. *Sides with Rinkah*
Disney Magical World 2: No thank you. Not too keen on Disney games. Last one I played was Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice: I'm glad they're putting some time and effort into making the game good. Instead of pushing a Sonic title every year. :V
Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse: I really should get another SMT Game. The only ones I've played were Persona 4 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.
Poochy + Yoshi Wooly World: This is just adorable. Looking forward to the shorts they'll be producing.
Ever Oasis: Myself and my sister were getting some vibes of Fantasy Life and Dark Cloud when looking at the footage of this game. Looks alright.
Mario Sports Superstars: I've only played about three Mario Sports games. Strikers Charged Football, 3-on-3 Hoops and Tennis on the 3DS. Might get this, also I have a feeling we'll be seeing Final Fantasy characters in it. :V
2D Pikmin: Hmm... not really a fan of Pikmin, but I could see maybe a few fans being a bit unhappy with it being a 2D platformer; like how Chibi Robo Whiplash was one.

Overall, I'd say it was a solid Direct. Good games they showed, and some I was not even that interested in.
4 :4zelda:s out of 5. Just a solid Direct.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Yokai-Watch strikes me as a really "meh" series to be entirely honest. I don't see the appeal in it that much.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon Sun & Moon: The fact that Rattata now has an Alola Form is pretty funny. Dark/Normal with Gluttony and Hustle, I dunno whether it'll be more viable or not. Doubt it, also a special event Munchlax is hilarious. :yeahboi:
A dark type rattata is still just a rattata. Even after evolving, its stats will probably be garbage.

Unless it's top percentage, that is, but it takes a special kind of trainer to raise a top percentage rattata.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Oh yeah, the Toon Link and Toon Zelda amiibo

I already bought 3 within the last week and I want to get Bayo and Cloud too. Look like I'm buying two more. :v

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Every time someone says Megas won't be in Sun/Moon, something inside of me dies.

That'd be almost like if Giratina's origin form didn't reappear in Black/White, or Black/White Kyurem not appearing in X/Y. Just because they're not adding new ones doesn't mean they're getting rid of the old ones, especially when megas were such a huge deal. People went nuts over Flygon not getting one.

And honestly? I like what Mega Evolution brings. Yeah, some of them are broken, but I also play by Smogon rulesets so that doesn't effect me. Most megas are actually pretty balanced. Not being able to hold leftovers or life orb or something is actually a pretty huge deal.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh right, that reminds me. Popplio is a sea lion, not a seal. They're related, but they're different critters.

Not that anyone aside from me really cares.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
POOCHY YARN AMIIBO! POOCHY YARN AMIIBO! POOCHY YARN AMIIIIIIBBBBOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Just when I thought I was done with amiibo, they spring this on me.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse: I really should get another SMT Game. The only ones I've played were Persona 4 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.
The Devil Survivor spin-off is really good. Two of the best DS games remade for the 3DS.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Seriously I just ordered Ryu, Marth and Link amiibo and now Nintendo comes at me with their Toon Link and Zelda amiibo

come on I want to spend my money on other things

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
All this Nintendo news :D
Zelda stuff looks awesome. More cool amiibo, and Legends DLC today! The Sand Wand was unexpected, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Toon Zelda was expected (and leaked), but she still looks fun to play
As for the ports, it's sad that they seem to be shifting focus away from the Wii U now, but since their next console is on the way it's not surprising.
Everything else was nice too. The skits were hilarious ^^

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Yeah, like your very own Poochy!

Who can say no to this face?
That face looks like they tried to make it the cutest thing ever and ended up making it actually pretty creepy. It's like putting teeth in a teddy bear.
Anyway, opinions!
Pikmin 3DS is what I'm personally most excited for. It looks pretty interesting, and I've always been a fan of Pikmin (Part of my reasons that I want to main Olimar.
Not interested in the 3DS ports of Mario Maker or Wooly World. Like, that's for the people who don't own a Wii U. For those who do can enjoy the superior versions. Basic marketing.
I don't have any nearby friends who enjoy Nintendo so I can't enjoy Mario Party to it's full potential, so that's a no-no for me.
I'm going to get Hyrule Warriors Legends. There's so much content that the Wii U doesn't have! I was going to get the Wii U version for the same reasons I'm not getting the MM3D or WW3D, but the 3DS version has won me over.
However, the comment section made a good point
"We have Phantom Toon Zelda, but not Linebeck".
Oh, by the way...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
and
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh man, I completely forgot about 3D Picross 2 finally coming to the west! I got obsessed with Picross a while back so I'd love to try that game out ^^

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I once got kissed by a sea lion at a sea lion show in Florida.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Here's hoping we get a Wii U/NX Direct before the end of the year ;w;

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My Amiibo shelf has no more (ok, maybe 3 spots) for anymore Amiibo. Pls stop Nintendo, I am weak. I only wanted 6.
20160901_142251.jpg

I once got kissed by a sea lion at a sea lion show in Florida.
Was it dressed like a school girl with an umbrella?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I have 30% off any one game from the eShop this month

suggestions?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
What the Muk did you just Mukin’ say about me, you little Spritzee? I’ll have you know my Dragonite is in the top percentage of Dragonites, and I’ve been involved in numerous Gym Battles with Iris, and I have over 300 confirmed Dragonite catches in Pokémon Go. I am trained in Dragon-type warfare and I’m the top Dragon Tamer in the entirety of the Village of Dragons. You are nothing to me but just another Pokémon Trainer. I will wipe you the Muk out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on Route 210, mark my Muking words. You think you can get away with walking past me on your way to the Elite Four? Think again, Muker. As we speak, I am contacting my secret network of Dragon Tamers across Unova and your Pokedex is being traced right now so you better prepare for a Pokémon battle, Spritzee. The Pokémon battle that wipes out the pathetic little Pokemon you call your Spritzee. You’re muking fainted, Spritzee. I can stand right here, and only right here, and my Dragonite can make you black out in over 700 ways, and that's just with Dragon Rage. Not only am I extensively trained in Dragonite combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of my Mega Stones and I will use it to it's full extent to wipe your miserable Spritzee off the face of the region, you little Muk. If only you could have known what a Pokémon Battle your little walk past me was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have stayed in Pinwheel Forest. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you Spritzee wielding idiot. I will Dragon Dance fury all over you and you will faint in it. You’re Muking blacked out, Spritzee.
i fixed your reply to help get the point across better

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
i fixed your reply to help get the point across better
Dragonite isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a dragon-type with such luscious curves and city destroying laser beams? Dragonite puts the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a pokemon with it's sheer genius and uniqueness in this game again. Salamance breaks records. Rayquaza breaks records. Dragonite breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Y'know, I've been thinking about it recently, and I realised something! Remember how I pointed out Robin's abysmal running speed? I kept trying to make sense of it, and then I came across a theory
Characters have no feet in Fire Emblem Awakining!
And I know you're gonna point out how Lucina is fast yet also came from FEA. But what else is she?
She's a clone of Marth. Smash 4 clones are glorified palette swaps. But Robin is original. And think about this for a moment.
How fast is somebody with no feet? Of course, they added feet onto her when bringing her into Smash, but they simply had to, otherwise people would be laughing at the developers because they didn't play Awakining. So they gave him an abysmal running speed to reference the lack of feet in Awakining.
Why do you think?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I decided to check the other Directs to see what they each showed off.

- Pokemon Sun & Moon
- Super Mario Maker 3DS
- Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World
- Tank Troopers
- Mii Plaza Update
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf Update
- Mario Party: Star Rush
- Mario Sports Superstars
- Hyrule Warriors: Legends DLC
- Picross 3D: Round 2
- The Legend of Zelda
- NES
- Ever Oasis
- Pikmin
- Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
- Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse
- Dragon Quest 7
- Nindies

- Pokemon Sun & Moon
- Super Mario Maker 3DS
- The Legend of Zelda
- NES
- Dragon Quest 7
- Rhythm Heaven Megamix
- Picross 3D: Round 2
- Mii Plaza Update
- Tank Troopers
- Ever Oasis
- Pikmin

- Pokemon Sun & Moon
- Mii Plaza Update
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
- Tank Troopers
- Paper Mario: Colour Splash
- Monster Hunter Stories
- RPG Maker Fes
- Puyo Chronicles
- Commentary Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes
- Megami Meguri
- Dracnia Saga
- Desert Rat Orchestra!
- Ever Oasis
- Pikmin
- Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 Stand Up Japan!!
- Miitopia

Aside from each direct showing mostly the same, it seems like EU finally got the Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demo, which I've just gotten; and it's fun. Gonna need to get the hang of getting into rhythm. :V
Though it's kinda funny how Japan has a lot more to show off. And from what I saw, the MHC game looks... kinda okay, instead of the addictive gameplay, it's now a JRPG. Also, the name of that Baseball Game is just dope.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
anyone wanna link the new poke news (and vids) here so that I don't have to flounder around looking? :113:

Last edited:
Top Bottom