• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I got two or three good sheik replays. If I do another montage I'll make it both with Sheik and Zelda and give it a really pretentious name and a filtered thumbnail like those other FG-Montagers.

Like this
"Noun" - A Zelda and Sheik montage
And the thumbnail looks like this

OH YEAH AND LOST WOODS DUBSTEP, GOT IT

I got two or three good sheik replays. If I do another montage I'll make it both with Sheik and Zelda and give it a really pretentious name and a filtered thumbnail like those other FG-Montagers.

Like this
"Noun" - A Zelda and Sheik montage
And the thumbnail looks like this

OH YEAH AND LOST WOODS DUBSTEP, GOT IT
Don't forget the lens flare

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
A former friend of mine sent me a different lost woods dubstep remix every week back in the day and always said something like "this is so ebic"

I almost feel compelled to gather all the lost woods dubstep remixes and pile them all into one messed up audio

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
A former friend of mine sent me a different lost woods dubstep remix every week back in the day and always said something like "this is so ebic"

I almost feel compelled to gather all the lost woods dubstep remixes and pile them all into one messed up audio
I'll make you a lost woods guitar cover you're welcome

and ukulele

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
But

Did they ever send you a Starbucks remix

I BET NOT

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Does he have any friends?

When we got cats, the shelter (besides having the obvious bias) said it was best to get them in pairs, so they'd always have a playmate.
There was one that used to come and they played for a couple hours, but she suddenly stopped (right after I castrated mine). I think I heard she got pregnant, but then I keep seeing her on occasion. idk.
Then there were two in the house in front of ours, these cats were a bit aggressive, but he still hung with them and chased them in a playful way. But then one of the neighbors passed away and I haven't seen those cats since.
Then the other day a small kitten appeared, but I didn't see her again.
I don't know if it is a good idea to get another cat, the current one may accept it and be nice, or reject it and get aggressive.
But I appreciate that you've brought the idea.
:196:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Or as my mom said . . .

"Being smart is just the ability to know what you don't know"

:150:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tortured a living being. If a animal kills, I'm cool with it. Most animals survive off killing each other. It's natural. I hope yew don't think I think that way. It's the torture that rubs me the wrong way
From my understanding, that's also pretty normal behavior from cats, and wild cats sometimes play with their food as well.

It's difficult to teach an animal human morals. They can't speak, and they can hardly understand any of our speech. The cat simply didn't know any better - it doesn't know why it should care to show mercy to its prey, because to it, prey is just food. Natural selection doesn't usually select for predators who feel sorry for their prey.

It's sad, but that's just the nature of reality. Animals, including us humans, have evolved some effed up traits in order to survive.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Speaking as a kitten owner, cats are too stupid to delve in the realm of ethics. They play with their prey because instinct and it helps them see movement patterns and become better hunters. They treat balls of foil and string the same way.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And now I feel sad and left wanting for an answer.

Talk about a bittersweet ending to Henneko. Don't know if the manga and light novel continues after where the anime ends. Wondering if Tsukiko ever gets her expressions back. Sad part is because time travel happens in Henneko, some things don't change like someone dying...

Not really a spoiler to a 2013 anime: The cat god is an ass.

Edit:
How the hell are we on the same topic as yesterday?
Because cats rule the internet and everything has been and should be about our fuzzy overlords.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking as a kitten owner, cats are too stupid to delve in the realm of ethics. They play with their prey because instinct and it helps them see movement patterns and become better hunters. They treat balls of foil and string the same way.
Of course you're going to think a cat is stupid if you judge it the same way you judge its intelligence the way you judge other humans. But a lot of critters are surprisingly bright. Just because an animal's behavior doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean there isn't a reason for it.

I mean, obviously I agree that you can't really teach cats ethics, or that cats aren't exactly as intelligent as people are, but they're still pretty clever in their own ways. Calling them stupid might be pushing it - I've met humans who I'd argue are far more stupid than any cat.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Of course you're going to think a cat is stupid if you judge it the same way you judge its intelligence the way you judge other humans. But a lot of critters are surprisingly bright. Just because an animal's behavior doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean there isn't a reason for it.

I mean, obviously I agree that you can't really teach cats ethics, or that cats aren't exactly as intelligent as people are, but they're still pretty clever in their own ways. Calling them stupid might be pushing it - I've met humans who I'd argue are far more stupid than any cat.
I didn't say cats are stupid; I said they're too stupid to understand ethics- which is true. I'm just saying concepts like torture don't apply to cats because they don't get far enough to understand them. :ohwell:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I didn't say cats are stupid; I said they're too stupid to understand ethics- which is true. I'm just saying concepts like torture don't apply to cats because they don't get far enough to understand them. :ohwell:
All right, fair enough.

I'm actually planning on a future career in animal behaviorism, so talking about animal intelligence gets me really excited.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
We have spent approximately 14 hours talking about cats and their behaviour. We also haven't heard of any updates from any Nuzlocke for a while now.
Title change?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Now onto 2* Quests in Monster Hunter Generations, starting off with the Tour Quests, which allow you to go and do whatever you want in 50 Minutes. Be it hunt monsters, or gather resources. And when you think you're done or have had enough, you can send in a Palico Ticket to end the Quest at the Red Chest. Though I'm surprised that the 2nd Location is the Dunes, that was one of the areas you could only visit in the post game in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Hopefully I don't run into any Diablos. :c

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
There was one that used to come and they played for a couple hours, but she suddenly stopped (right after I castrated mine). I think I heard she got pregnant, but then I keep seeing her on occasion. idk.
Then there were two in the house in front of ours, these cats were a bit aggressive, but he still hung with them and chased them in a playful way. But then one of the neighbors passed away and I haven't seen those cats since.
Then the other day a small kitten appeared, but I didn't see her again.
I don't know if it is a good idea to get another cat, the current one may accept it and be nice, or reject it and get aggressive.
But I appreciate that you've brought the idea.
:196:
Well, you could always get a Mainecoon. They're barn mousers, basically, and the closest cat you'll probably ever get to a dog. Ours made the other cats like him through sheer force of will. Then when we took in a fourth cat who showed up in the backyard halfway to the grave in November (pure black cat, too, with huge adorable eyes always seem to be dilated at max. We're pretty sure he was a Halloween purchase that was immediately abandoned or escaped before something bad happened to it), he immediately took the kitten as his minion and made sure he was accepted by the rest of the pets.

With four cats and three dogs, pack integration dynamics have been a rather interesting thing to see. Part of the ease of it all was definitely because the first pet is our Golden Retriever, though. She pretty much took all of them in as her own and at...I want to say ~80 pounds is the biggest by quite a bit.

Speaking of cats and stupid, I remember reading a paper that said, unlike dogs who differentiate between themselves and humans, cats mostly think humans are just particularly stupid cats.

That's one of the reasons they bring their owners half dead rodents and the like; they're dismayed at how ******** we all are and are trying to teach us how to cat properly.

Other animals will do that too; an story from a few years ago I read was of a Leopard Seal that mistook a scuba diving photographer as another seal and tried teaching it how to hunt penguins. Then when the cameraman wouldn't move to kill or eat the penguins, it started to get agitated as if it thought instead of being a stupid seal, it was an injured seal, so it would go rip off pieces of penguin and feed it to the camera lens, presumably so it could regain it's strength.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well, you could always get a Mainecoon. They're barn mousers, basically, and the closest cat you'll probably ever get to a dog. Ours made the other cats like him through sheer force of will. Then when we took in a fourth cat who showed up in the backyard halfway to the grave in November (pure black cat, too, with huge adorable eyes that don't seem to ever dilate. We're pretty sure he was a Halloween purchase that was immediately abandoned or escaped before something bad happened to it), he immediately took the kitten as his minion and made sure he was accepted by the rest of the pets.

With four cats and three dogs, pack integration dynamics have been a rather interesting thing to see. Part of the ease of it all was definitely because the first pet is our Golden Retriever, though. She pretty much took all of them in as her own and at...I want to say ~80 pounds is the biggest by quite a bit.

Speaking of cats and stupid, I remember reading a paper that said, unlike dogs who differentiate between themselves and humans, cats mostly think humans are just particularly stupid cats.

That's one of the reasons they bring their owners half dead rodents and the like; they're dismayed at how ******** we all are and are trying to teach us how to cat properly.

Other animals will do that too; an story from a few years ago I read was of a Leopard Seal that mistook a scuba diving photographer as another seal and tried teaching it how to hunt penguins. Then when the cameraman wouldn't move to kill or eat the penguins, it started to get agitated as if it thought instead of being a stupid seal, it was an injured seal, so it would go rip off pieces of penguin and feed it to the camera lens, presumably so it could regain it's strength.
Ok that story about the seal was really cute, if not a bit disturbing

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
It's even cuter when you find out the seal was following the cameraman around in the ocean and doing that stuff for four whole days, trying to simultaneously teach, nourish, and protect him.

I love seals.
Call me hypocritical, but I hate seeing them get killed over nothing.
Besides, they're adorable!

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
48 minutes now.

Also, look what came in the mail today!

Still waiting for Marth and Link, but it's looking great so far!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm going to be volunteering at the local foodbank, so I'm going to be missing the Nintendo Direct. D:

The things I do for those less fortunate than I and work experience.

Edit: Last minute change of plan, it looks like I won't be able to go today after all.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Some People Just never learn to shut up. I'm being serious when I say this, but Haters gonna hate certain things in life, especially all of those negative fans in the world who displease me. They can all be sour and rotten, but the important thing is that I have begun to realize something important. I don't care about them, and they are just plain old stupid. People never should insult me or anybody else who is a fan of certain characters, it's just embarrassing. That's probably why earlier in 2015, I has to fight for my right to get noticed. Nobody cared about what I said, so I created my own set of gameplay rules that ONLY I follow. Lastly, people are sometimes big jerks. I get it. I don't care who insults what game is play, but beleive me, you''ll probably thank me one day when YOUR favorite gaming company goes down the Toilet, in revenue and character selection/ gameplay modes.

If you have any questions, direct them at me, and I will try to answer them. Anyone is welcome to comment, but NO negative insults of "You stink, get out of here, or I hate you so much, so what don't you get lost." I won't tolerate that kind of junk. I'm a very nice guy with a self centered focus on Videogames, and when people as so much as fail to recognize the certain special meaning of a Videogames, they will come to terms with the gaming company that created it.

Top Bottom