• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
tbh this is like locke vs a poor cloud, with him whiffing a grab at point blank

i'm locke obvsly and berserker's love for overwatch is the poor cloud

we all know what's gonna happen :^)
13336113_976904535763930_2726825435155856055_n.jpg

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I was about to settle down and come back to CCI but they're talking about Mewtwo nerfs again cuz you guys know that the world will definitely end if Mewtwo is top tier. And you gorls know how I get about Mootoo, so I left again.

Back to doing nothing I guess. :/

:150:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
People probably want nerfs because they don't understand that a glass cannon is supposed to have crazy damage and stuff at the cost of dying quick. I bet if Zelda was ever high tier she'd be complained about endlessly.

Mewtwo is like the only full-on glass cannon in the high tier area so he's a prime target.

Tldr glass cannons are literal salt shakers

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
no people just get mad about whatever character did well at something recently, it doesn't really matter who it is

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
People get mad when they lose, and then they meet someone else with the same complaints and they echo until they get loud enough. They don't need to be right, just loud.
Duckhunt is in the verge of a ban thanks to this.
:196:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
People get mad when they lose, and then they meet someone else with the same complaints and they echo until they get loud enough. They don't need to be right, just loud.
wtf duck hunt? I'd rather ban Mii Gunner before banning Duck Hunt

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oddly I never really felt that D.Va was a very lacking character. I don't actually play her so that might something to do with it but for the most part D.Va players didn't seem to struggle too much.

Well the ones that didn't keep firing at me from a distance where she does little damage while I'm constantly hitting her critical spot with 3 shurikens anyway.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Mewtwo is good, but I want more stories like his. Seriously pls buff Roy that much. I want him to take EVO one day.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Honestly Overwatch feels really balanced. I haven't been salty at ANYTHING so far (except maybe D. Va's ult since I always feel like I'm out of range but then I remember that using it basically makes her the worst character in the game for a bit and it's an ult, it's supposed to be good).
D. Va should be buffed though, I feel like her and Lúcio are a bit lacking. Maybe Symmetra as well.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oddly I never really felt that D.Va was a very lacking character. I don't actually play her so that might something to do with it but for the most part D.Va players didn't seem to struggle too much.

Well the ones that didn't keep firing at me from a distance where she does little damage while I'm constantly hitting her critical spot with 3 shurikens anyway.
It isn't necessarily that she's bad, just that...there isn't much she can offer a team that another character can't do better, and her effective range is pretty short with DPS/burst lower than that of similar characters. "Mobile bulky character with decent CQC + defense matrix" is still a niche, but it has a lot of overlap with Winston who is mostly just both better and easier to play.

Also she's actually stronger at mid/long range offensively outside of her mech which is all kinds of "what".

D. Va should be buffed though, I feel like her and Lúcio are a bit lacking.
Lúcio is the most-used character in competitive lol

ult and aoe buffs are ridiculous

Mewtwo is good, but I want more stories like his. Seriously pls buff Roy that much. I want him to take EVO one day.
mewtwo gets buffed because he's canon good

roy doesn't get buffed because he's canon bad, except for 20 attacks

what.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ever since lordmix did well at whatever thing he was at last there's been a ton of crying over bowser's grabs+uthrow being too good and reminiscent of prenerf luigi

even though lordmix apparently barely ever did uthrow>uair in his sets

posts about it started late sunday your time and would've gone on for like a day or two

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ever since lordmix did well at whatever thing he was at last there's been a ton of crying over bowser's grabs+uthrow being too good and reminiscent of prenerf luigi

even though lordmix apparently barely ever did uthrow>uair in his sets

posts about it started late sunday your time and would've gone on for like a day or two
well i grab is his best punish 80% of the time l0l

they should deal with it, its not broken because the rest of the character aside from jab is terrible

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
well i grab is his best punish 80% of the time l0l

they should deal with it, its not broken because the rest of the character aside from jab is terrible
Say that and people will nitpick his 19% Bair, his long-range tilts, and his Command Grab.
All of which add up for a particularly mediocre neutral game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
to back air he needs to jump first (8 frames)

Ftilt is good but utilt is useless when up angled ftilt is better

command grab constantly whiffs against smaller characters

dont see whats BROKEN about any of this

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
If we care about canon good then why is Diddy so good? He's just a monkey with a peanut gun. Or Sheik. Yeah, crossdressing Zelda is totally a better fighter than Ganondorf. I buy it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Honestly Overwatch feels really balanced. I haven't been salty at ANYTHING so far (except maybe D. Va's ult since I always feel like I'm out of range but then I remember that using it basically makes her the worst character in the game for a bit and it's an ult, it's supposed to be good).
D. Va should be buffed though, I feel like her and Lúcio are a bit lacking. Maybe Symmetra as well.
I think competitive players would have an aneurysm if Lúcio was buffed lmao

Symmetra I feel is in a good place right now, though you really should only play her on Defense, she doesn't do nearly as well at Attack. She does fine in King of the Hill maps as long as your team has the point though.

Though in some ways I do think Symmetra is outclassed pretty badly for Torbjorn, though her teleport can be a real godsend.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
to back air he needs to jump first (8 frames)

Ftilt is good but utilt is useless when up angled ftilt is better

command grab constantly whiffs against smaller characters

dont see whats BROKEN about any of this
Again, it's nitpicking.

That's what they did with Bayonetta.
Seriously, they call Nair safe, call her entire moveset a "0-to-death starter", someone even said her Bullet Climax was better in neutral than ZSS's Paralyzer.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Well no Bowser's neutral is punish heavy, if you go rushing in then yeah it seems bad, but in reality he has a really good neutral if used properly. Don't forget pivot grab + you can run up skid stop jab really well because of how quickly he stops running. His main weakness is the inability to land safely.
And don't forget high survivability + rage being a factor, too. Can't tell you how many times I used to kill people super early with rage downB. One time I jab->downB killed a Luigi player under 80% after the hit because I had max rage, and won game 3 from that. Keep in mind Luigi isn't a light character.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sith Elsa, because the cold doesn't bother some people, and that's when she needs to go and shank a *****.

Does homoerotic count as manly?

Cause you could just do what everyone else does and read Jojo for that sort of stuff.

Also, just don't do safebooru unless you know what character or show you're looking for that has that sort of stuff. Anime is too full of moe and hairless pretty boy high schoolers with more sparkles than muscles.

Bleach can also get pretty manly, with a pretty huge variety in terms of the male characters. Shunsui might be what you're looking for.

Then, of course, there's GARcher himself. Especially if you're looking for a well defined back, petite badass girl standing behind him optional.

Or the more subtle approach

But the fact is if what you're looking for is the rugged hero with the chiseled jawline and spit curl, or the victorious hero with a sword in one hand with medusa's cut off head head in the other, you really ought be looking for Western art, either popular culture or...like, actual art.

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?
Eh, sometimes safebooru has some really MANLY art like this of Jecht, so I just hope to stumble upon them.

Or like this of Lorenz from Fire Emblem. He reminds me of a medieval fantasy version of Big Boss.

When I look for MANLY art, I do it to find something hilarious; I try to see how much testosterone poisoning I can find like my avatar during the holidays of MUSCULAR, MANLY, RIPPED Santa Claus. Just boredom and browsing through hundreds of pages cute anime girls on safebooru made me wished there were some more MANLY art. Could find it elsewhere like DeviantArt or whatever... I guess I'm picky when it comes to art. Fine with anything, but when it comes to avatars and stuff, I usually go for something that pops. So, if I wanted to use an avatar of Leona from The King of Fighters, I'd try to look for something like this.

There's also another version of it if you're interested: http://safebooru.org//images/1697/23f8ed6155d3cc127216461bbe8328e76497e541.jpg.

Doesn't have to be combat, but it has to have something that's more than "an image of Leona" which itself is subjective -- what appeals to me might not appeal to you. Style, stylization, dynamic, or something that makes it unique. Yeah, I get pretty deep when it comes to avatars. Still, it makes things interesting. Art is art; it stimulates the senses. Sure, people might not look at avatars a lot, but just having something that's more than an "image" really adds to it... It could be personality, humor, maybe first impressions, or just a nice work of art to look at every day. Seriously, looking at this image of Juri Kurebayashi from Aikatsu... I don't know, it's just beautiful. The dance pose, the movement... I know nothing about Aikatsu, but this image is just captivating.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Going through the challenges so far in Fire Emblem Fates, so I can at least rank up my Units when they reach Level 20. And I've recruited Ryoma's son, Shiro. Before you ask, I've had Ryoma marry Mozu. I do like how their Support dialogue went, he was really helpful on wanting her to get stronger and open up her skills. Which I really liked. Plus, the Underdog skill is super good. :secretkpop:

and I'll be looking through this week's University assignments on what I have to do for each exercise.

i don't care about the logical basis behind the reasoning. i get where they're coming from

but any sane soul out has absolutely no right to complain about bowser, no matter what. like, just.... no

sure it's the internet but out of all the **** anyone can complain about, it's smash 4 bowser. ok

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
If people can complain about something, they will. Trust me. I played against a Fox in FG for the hell of it and he called me a camper. That might sound plausible in certain situations.

I was using Ike.

this is an important question. life or death related

need avatar master Lavani Lavani for this one, most especially

which is better?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I was playing some guy on FG and he called me a tier *****.

I was using Mewtwo.

Is this what it's like to play a top tier? I haven't done this before. -_-

There was a problem fetching the tweet

:150:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
If people can complain about something, they will. Trust me. I played against a Fox in FG for the hell of it and he called me a camper. That might sound plausible in certain situations.

I was using Ike.
I'm telling you man, shortranged projectile zoner.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ven or Ed should have a breakout performance with Zelda so people can cry out BAN•ZELDA for real secretkpop

HYRULE HOOHAH IS BROKEN
PEPPER SPRAY IS TOO SAFE
F*** NAYRU'S LOVE
FERARRIS IS LIKE THE BEST MOVE IN THE GAME

among more complaints

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just watched the whole of yesterday's Smash 4 stream on VGBC.

I think Diddy Kong might be one of Bayo's bad MUs now judging from what I saw. I feel like she may go even against Sonic as well, but Seagull Joe will probably say otherwise. :secretkpop:

Also, for anyone who still plays or is still playing Fire Emblem Fates. I'll leave my castle address here. :3

17924-46289 53738-86804

Top Bottom