• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Lol, noobs asked about that so much that Foxy made a stickied thread to shut them up.
http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-beat-link-and-deal-with-his-projectiles.422907/
Wow, what an jerk. Starts off so normal and friendly, looking like a helpful guy, then just goes completely obnoxious. I've also seen him take down a few harmless threads as well. He took down one that was a guy simply looking for a discussion on which Link was better. It depresses me he has become a moderater.
Edit:HE GOT LIKE 42 LIKES WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE ON THIS SITE?!
Edit 2: I don't want to sound like I hate all moderaters, I can think of one brillant one off the top of my head. That would be Shaya (I think that's the name.) They're helpful, clear on their statements, and generally straightforward about things. I've got a lot of respect for Shaya.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Wow, what an jerk. Starts off so normal and friendly, looking like a helpful guy, then just goes completely obnoxious. I've also seen him take down a few harmless threads as well. He took down one that was a guy simply looking for a discussion on which Link was better. It depresses me he has become a moderater.
Edit:HE GOT LIKE 42 LIKES WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE ON THIS SITE?!
Edit 2: I don't want to sound like I hate all moderaters, I can think of one brillant one off the top of my head. That would be Shaya (I think that's the name.) They're helpful, clear on their statements, and generally straightforward about things. I've got a lot of respect for Shaya.
welcome to the link social how i managed to not get infracted there is beyond me

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Guess the Shulk social would be the UK. :secretkpop:
Oh my God we should do this for every social. My turn. The Cloud social would be America.

I just realised he is in the Toon Link threads. Damn. I'm going to look out for what he tries to do. I really don't think it was a good decision to make him a moderater, but whatever.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So... would we be South Korea? Since we're right next to Link on the CSS and we're the way more FUn aNd hAPPY character anD PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE US (sorta)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So... would we be South Korea? Since we're right next to Link on the CSS and we're the way more FUn aNd hAPPY character anD PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE US (sorta)
we're south korea because we're :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thanks, wedl!! wedl!! . Tried copying over 1.1.3's tier list with MMCafe Tierchart Maker and tried to fit characters with "has faults" and "well-rounded"... There's so many freaking characters in Smash 4, though. Also, the portraits they use are giant compared to KoF XIII's which creates a problem... "has faults" is on the left side, "well-rounded" on the right, it matches 1.1.3's tier list for the most part -- had to scrunch up some tiers -- and within the tiers, it's in alphabetical order unless I screwed up somewhere.

If any of you Zelda socialites want to make a tier list for Smash 4 -- it's listed as just Super Smash Bros. -- or whatever with MMCafe, here's the link: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/. Just don't try to make an entire tier list with all the characters...

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Thanks, wedl!! wedl!! . Tried copying over 1.1.3's tier list with MMCafe Tierchart Maker and tried to fit characters with "has faults" and "well-rounded"... There's so many freaking characters in Smash 4, though. Also, the portraits they use are giant compared to KoF XIII's which creates a problem... "has faults" is on the left side, "well-rounded" on the right, it matches 1.1.3's tier list for the most part -- had to scrunch up some tiers -- and within the tiers, it's in alphabetical order unless I screwed up somewhere.

If any of you Zelda socialites want to make a tier list for Smash 4 -- it's listed as just Super Smash Bros. -- or whatever with MMCafe, here's the link: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/. Just don't try to make an entire tier list with all the characters...
That's more of a mess than Melee's first tier list. Y'know, Jigg bottom tier and Mario 5th, and Falco ranked above Fox.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Melee's first tier list had Zelda in the top 10

It took us all the way until SSB4 to get it right on the first try when we were finally able to convince the voters to just put her in last place on the first tier list

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Frame cancling, Frame Syncing Meh i guess all the names are pretty lame for such a technique, when we could have just named it "Swag Landing" and everything would have been understood immediately by everyone of any backround or language.

but i agree, "perfect landing" is a more straightforward term yeah...

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I remember I was in the Link Social during the Izaw drama.

The Link Social Civil War was quite ......... entertaining

:150:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

You're welcome.

The enormous icons are really an issue, heh. I wanted to make good use of the x-axis (like, I think Cloud is #3 or 4 but he has huge consistency issues) but it's really hard to visually communicate it without a bunch of clutter.

Like for SF4 the icons were just nice circles and it didn't get messy. That game had 44 characters. What's the excuse?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
...Frog Hunting Patch?
BJN gorl explain the new title to me, I'm losT .-.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Problem with having Smash friends is that once you take that one thing in common... there's very little left to talk about. I feel with most Smash "friends" that it's a one way street - I'm always the initiator and once Smash is done the conversation goes quiet which really shows how superficial this all is. They don't really have any other hobbies and can't talk about other things maybe except for anime but that's not really my thing.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Like for SF4 the icons were just nice circles and it didn't get messy. That game had 44 characters. What's the excuse?
The site uses giant ass rectangles of the official artwork instead of stock icons.

Either they switch to said icons, or make the graph...twice as big ought work.

Problem with having Smash friends is that once you take that one thing in common... there's very little left to talk about. I feel with most Smash "friends" that it's a one way street - I'm always the initiator and once Smash is done the conversation goes quiet which really shows how superficial this all is. They don't really have any other hobbies and can't talk about other things maybe except for anime but that's not really my thing.
That's rather true for most things, honestly.

One thing in common is hard to build a genuine connection with. Especially when you're effectively surrounded by introverts, as it may sound like with you always being the initiator.

Though, to be fair, how old are they/you, range-wise? Gods knows I've essentially lost most of my hobbies (besides telling people they're wrong on the internet and giving unsolicited critiques, of course) throughout the years due to workload and just general non-recreational commitments. Work / Life separation wasn't something I ever really learned, nor does academia really want you to learn it the higher you go, I've found.

Honestly, free time is really just when I end up horridly ill nowadays.

Doesn't excuse being dull obviously (and very little in life does, outside of sleep deprivation), but Smash might just be the only outlet they have time for due to more important / interesting things.

Is Hell a country?
A town in Michigan, actually.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo I'm definitely older than most players. Losing interest in some hobbies like gaming (though I still very much like VGC) and more into things like hiking, going to the gym, and just eating out and being social that way. Only thing really keeping me somewhat in the know in Smash in general and locally is a small FB group with two other players. There is Smash talk but I feel like we can talk about anything and I'm updated in there :)

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I really want to know why I have better connections with people from Canada and Mexico than with people in the US on FG.

Is American internet really that awful? I live in the middle of nowhere with DSL and don't have any problems.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I really want to know why I have better connections with people from Canada and Mexico than with people in the US on FG.

Is American internet really that awful? I live in the middle of nowhere with DSL and don't have any problems.
Might be that you're getting matched up against people with poorly configured routers/poor setups for wireless play in general/other people in their households streaming/downloading stuff

then again I've had consistently godawful connections with anyone south of the border

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Is it really that bad? If each thread was a country, what would the Link be? Russia? China?
IIRC, Zelda was Argentina during the Smash Bros World Cup.

Basically, think it was on gamefaqs, we made all the characters into countries in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil (Link was Brazil cause green and yellow), so we could talk and rage about football while still technically being on topic.

I don't think this joke is okay . . . .

:150:
That isn't a joke, it's a public service announcement.

To be fair, the alcohol in a lot of places in the world is safer than their tap water, even among first world countries.

It's really something we take for granted in the US.

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo I'm definitely older than most players. Losing interest in some hobbies like gaming (though I still very much like VGC) and more into things like hiking, going to the gym, and just eating out and being social that way. Only thing really keeping me somewhat in the know in Smash in general and locally is a small FB group with two other players. There is Smash talk but I feel like we can talk about anything and I'm updated in there :)
All the more power to you then as long as it's redirecting hobby time as opposed to getting rid of it outright. God knows I wish I had a social life, or even just the time for one.

Though then I remember that would actually require having friends near by...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Making friends is easy. Maintaining it for the long run is the hard part. People tend to separate naturally especially when you have a family/job to worry about.

Canada has worse internet and for higher prices than most of the world. Americans should consider themselves lucky.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I personally find it difficult to get good friends. I warm up pretty slowly to new people, and it takes even longer for me to start freely talking about myself, and even longer for me to actively try to arrange stuff to do with them.

I've been told by a lot of people that I didn't appear to be very pleasant when they first met me, lol.

Top Bottom