• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Thanks. I have a bad habit of using dash attack and FAir too much to approach and I'm trying to work on that.

For some reason I don't like camping with Mewtwo, it feels boring. Probably because he can get in some good damage when he gets going.

Nayru's love is really annoying.
I use campy Mewtwo since I'm just really used to campy Zelda, the two aren't hard for me to switch when I need to. Nayru's Love often catches people off guard, the buffs to its intangibility length were really important imo. It's a surprisingly effective "get off me" attack that I find useful.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'd have to ask him myself but apparently Prince Ramen said that DThrow to UAir works on most characters even with DI. It's just very rage/percent specific.

She's largely good because FAir and BAir are fantastic moves.
I think it depends on the knockback animation you get. With DI away you can still get uair (on Sheik at least) if she gets the spinning knockback animation, but with the normal one she's safe.

dthrow>RAR bair works on DI away always, but that's hard + bair isn't terribly strong at KOing. More bair knockback or damage would go a long way toward making Palutena solid.

edit: playing around with DI'd dthrow>uair more it looks like it just doesn't work on a lot of characters and is a 50/50 on most above Sheik's weight at kill percent against ones it can connect on

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Why do people think Palutena is so bad? She's a solid mid-tier IMO. I mean she's got incredible mobility, a really reliable Hoo-Hah, an amazing jab, and good hitboxes.
She is definitely Top Tier. With Customs that is.

Palutena and Gunner are better than Zelda. Swordfighter might be.
Just my opinion. Swordfighter has potential to be the worst in the game if Jigglypuff gets damn buffs, but that's unlikely. I will admit that I think more lowly of Palutena than I should. I'll should try her again. Maybe Gunner is even to Zelda, but I think Zelda outclasses them slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just working on the final pieces of my University stuff, and the usual. Also, I see we're getting 1.1.6 update. :yeahboi:

More Bayo nerfs? Or maybe Zelda buffs? :3

Also, I think I'm near the end of the game in Xenoblade Chronicles X, I just got Chapter 12 to do, and then I think I'll be done with the main story. There is a post game right?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just working on the final pieces of my University stuff, and the usual. Also, I see we're getting 1.1.6 update. :yeahboi:

More Bayo nerfs? Or maybe Zelda buffs? :3

Also, I think I'm near the end of the game in Xenoblade Chronicles X, I just got Chapter 12 to do, and then I think I'll be done with the main story. There is a post game right?
Wait, what day do we get 1.1.6. TODAY?!

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
GGs Virtue Virtue !

I swear every Zelda main is really good and will stomp characters without a solid gameplan lol. I really want to make my Gunner good. My best character is definitely Game & Watch but I hope I was able to give you some good games.
If you decide to play Zelda, you either get really good so you can win sometimes, or you quit Zelda. It's the same as the people who play Smash 4 Falco.

I TOLD YOU.

I KEPT THE FAITH!

I BELIEEEEVED FOR THE HEATHENS!!

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
It's within the next 14 days for sure.
EDIT: OH snap, today! I'mma wake up to a sweet sweet patch.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tripping Added
Sonic's BSBS removed
Regional matchmaking
Items nerfs/buffs
Actual Patch Notes
Greninja Nerfed
Sonic's killpower nerfed
Sheik nerfed
Global Smash Power made useful
DeDeDe untouched
Jigglypuff untouched
Duckhunt untouched
Bayo untouched
Z-axis added on flat stages
Lyla's walljumps removed
Sheik buffed
MK buffed
M2 buffed
Ike buffed
Marth buffed

Gee I have quite a number of bingo options
:196:

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Tripping Added
Sonic's BSBS removed
Regional matchmaking
Items nerfs/buffs
Actual Patch Notes
Greninja Nerfed
Sonic's killpower nerfed
Sheik nerfed
Global Smash Power made useful
DeDeDe untouched
Jigglypuff untouched
Duckhunt untouched
Bayo untouched
Z-axis added on flat stages
Lyla's walljumps removed
Sheik buffed
MK buffed
M2 buffed
Ike buffed
Marth buffed

Gee I have quite a number of bingo options
:196:
Link's Kill-power Increased.
Kirby's Smashes KNG increased slightly. (KO's 1% earlier)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I was gonna make my own Bingo Card. But just thought, "Ah screw it!"

So instead, I'll list what I predict will happen. :secretkpop:

• Bayonetta nerfs
  • Zelda buffs
  • Sheik nerfs
  • Jigglypuff gets nothing
  • Marth & Lucina get more buffs
  • ZeRo gets perma-banned from For Glory. :secretkpop:
  • A new glitch appears from this patch
  • Palutena gets few buffs
  • Rosalimestone gets nothing
  • Shulk's FTilt doesn't get fixed (Huge blank space between him and the hilt of the Monado when using it)
  • Corrin nerfs
  • Ness Back Throw nerfed

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
RE: patch 1.1.6

If this is any indication, we may be getting it today.

:4link:
All aboard the Buff Train! Hopefully Jigglypuff, King Dedede and Zelda get their tickets (I main Dedede and secondary Zelda and Jigglypuff.)! Discuss how Zelda could be best buffed. My opinions:Hitstun buffs. Down Tilt and Down and Up Throw need more hitstun. Increase her Air Speed and Grab Range, and the Phantom Slash unreflectable.

frest123

Smash Cadet
Some god send buffs would be:

- Less landing lag on all of her aerials. Significantly reduce the lag on kicks especially.
- Increase active frames on Nair's hitbox so that she's attacking all the way until the autocancel window.
- Adjust Fthrow angle to be more horizontal so as to cause tech chases at low percents.
- Reduce Uthrow endlag to make Uthrow - Utilt a better combo at low percents. (or maybe KB and and hitstun changes would do better to achieve the desired change)
- less lag at the end of her UpB(?) Maybe make it safe on shield? Hehe

Any combination of the above are VERY welcome and would increase my enjoyment of playing her. That would increase my enjoyment from -100 (negative cause it's torture playing as her) to maybe -10

Some very radical changes to hope for are storable Phantom and no FF Dins. Though, it would be nice if they could at least tweak those specials in some logical ways to make them useful. Not outside the realm of possibility considering they tweaked Nayrus and made it so much more useable.

Which leads me to contemplate - how could they go about making minor tweaks to Dins and Phantom so as to improve them but not have to completely overhaul them? Also keep in mind that they shouldn't be turned into the immediate best option in every scenario, causing it to be spammed. lol

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
If Zelda had a decently fast move that was safe on shield that'd be cool.
Making grabs startup at a reasonable time would be fantastic.

I still feel like it's ridiculous that we have to find an opening, use a super slow grab, use a super slow down throw, buffer a dash, cancel it with a jump, read and follow DI, be frame-perfect or bait and get a read, perfectly space a sweet-spot, all for a rage and percent specific 50-50 that doesn't even KO at KO percent half the time.

Like, what. They thought they'd make skill a check to her power, and then they checked her power just in case we got good enough to do it consistently.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
If Zelda had a decently fast move that was safe on shield that'd be cool.
Making grabs startup at a reasonable time would be fantastic.

I still feel like it's ridiculous that we have to find an opening, use a super slow grab, use a super slow down throw, buffer a dash, cancel it with a jump, react and follow DI, be frame-perfect or bait and get a read, perfectly space a sweet-spot, all for a rage and percent specific 50-50 that doesn't even KO at KO percent half the time.

Like, what. They thought they'd make skill a check to her power, and then they checked her power just in case we got good enough to do it consistently.
FTFY

Also being frame perfect in Tr4sh on certain **** like Dthrow Uair is easy as hell because lol buffer

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Berninginsheer how could you?

Why do you have to copy me?

I'm not that cool, go copy Lavani.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Berninginsheer how could you?

Why do you have to copy me?

I'm not that cool, go copy Lavani.
Excuse you, I'll have you know that I'm the real Evan. You're just some second raTe imposTer, change your name now.

:secretkpop:

Okay but like once this month is over we should start a Lavani culT

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yes, they add some new enemies, including super tyrants, to the map and some new missions. You can develop new gear like the Prog Aeres 90 skell (which should be a top priority because it's awesome). It's all side quests but there's a lot to do.

Based on my calculations and probability samplings, there's a 6.2131154% chance that Bayo will be untouched

Top Bottom