• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Well, the results thread requires you to put up the date with a link to the tournament etc. So even if you waited till 2011 and the tournament you went to was in 2010 it would still go into the 2010 section. So there is no reason to wait.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Well, the results thread requires you to put up the date with a link to the tournament etc. So even if you waited till 2011 and the tournament you went to was in 2010 it would still go into the 2010 section. So there is no reason to wait.
Well I'm wondering if the whole 2010 thing is going to be cleared.
Then I might as well wait until Siis4 in early 2011 and just post results from there.
I don't wanna add 3 more results to a thread that won't be active anymore after a few days.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'll probably just do what I did in early 2010. I'll just make the cut off "Late 2010-2011."
So probably anything within the last few months of 2010 is fine as well.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
3 questions about zelda's neutral B:
What are its uses?
Does it have invincibility frames?
Any use for ledgejump>neutral B, thus "canceling" your jump (kinda trading a ledge attack for a neutral B)?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It has invincibility during the beginning (before the hitbox comes out).
Ledge hop > NL is.... meh. I use it sometimes, but it's not anything amazing.

Mostly I use NL for reflecting (even though it kinda sucks at it) or sometimes when I know someone's gonna roll/land behind me. Or you can land on top of people with it and try to abuse its invincibility. The nice thing about it is that it always sends people in front of you, so it's useful for knocking people off-stage.

Just my opinion. Some Zelda players seem to think it's useless, but I don't think it's.... horribad. Just regular bad lol.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Does Zelda outlive Sheik? I know she has a better momentum cancel with b-reversal NL but is it significant?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
They survive about the same.... Sheik might actually survive a bit longer since she falls much faster. B-reverse NL isn't that useful unless you can pull it off consistently (which is hard to do).

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Breversal nayru's pinapanatili ang kanyang 2 tumalon at hinahayaan live ang kanyang paligid ng 5/6% na, na kung saan ay hindi na makabuluhang tunay. Ngunit ito ay mas mahusay kaysa sa jumping. Lamang ay hindi makakuha ng kinakabahan at mapalakas ang iyong sarili sa ang blastzone xD

Which, translated, means:

Breversal nayru's preserves her 2nd jump and lets her live around 5/6% longer, which isn't that significant really. But it's better than jumping. Just don't get nervous and boost yourself into the blastzone xD

I hope this helps you!

edit: kaylo you ninja :mad:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
IMO, I would say that overall Zelda outlives Sheik % wise. NL Momentum cancel gives her something legit to push her percent up higher. Her floaty-ness makes being hit downward less dangerous, and overall I believe she is harder to gimp than Sheik.

But on the other hand Sheik can be much safer than Zelda recovering because she can recover faster as well as not be a giant floating target in the air.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I guess I am debating at higher %'s to either:
1) Switch to Zelda, tank more damage, be safer from the gimp b/c I have second jump, and possibly deal more damage
2) Stay Sheik, get safer damage from stronger camping, high damage potential if opponent is at low %, but more vulnerable offstage

Which is better in your opinion? I would base it off my opponent's %, but anybody else have a better strategy?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I guess I am debating at higher %'s to either:
1) Switch to Zelda, tank more damage, be safer from the gimp b/c I have second jump, and possibly deal more damage
2) Stay Sheik, get safer damage from stronger camping, high damage potential if opponent is at low %, but more vulnerable offstage

Which is better in your opinion? I would base it off my opponent's %, but anybody else have a better strategy?
You literally answered your own question with the scenarios you just gave me.

I will say this, as Sheik going to Zelda, you need to be just as comfortable using Zelda as you do Sheik or your opponent will catch up and beat you. Since I used to play solo Zelda before I picked up the duo full time, there are MUs where I will always go Zelda as a mixup just because of comfort and to test a person's MU exp. Otherwise, using Zelda to kill is always a solid idea.

EDIT: Do what you're comfortable with!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I lol at Sheik's "omg I'm flying away and am now out of hitstun and going to recover and stuff" noise she makes.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I think i found something with nayru's. i gained horizontal (with a bit of vertical) momentum in the direction i was facing (right). and i don't think it was the momentum cancel because i didn't reverse it and went flying in the direction that i came from and i also did a second jump before hand so it wasn't the love jump. i was fighting TL at BF he tether grabbed the right edge and did an edge attack. i got hit from it went flying to the left, double jumped then went a little to the left then tried using Din's but i accidently used Nayru's.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So you:

- got hit to the left, facing the right
- double jumped, then used NL
- switched momentum to the right (and slightly up), still facing the right?

Sounds like you wavebounced and possibly Love Jumped at the same time.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm sorry i'm probably going to sound like a jerk here....

No way in hell does Zelda outlive Sheik.

Zelda is a floaty large target with a Terribly long airdodge. Her recovery is probably one of the more predictable recoveries in the game not to mention the fact she's pretty much helpless offstage and has no moves that really threaten anyone to stay away from her.

It's not uncommon for me to live past 150% as Sheik on most of my stocks. Sheik is a lot better at not getting hit in the first place....but offstage she's f***ing incredible if you compare her to Zelda lol.

She has a faster aerial for momentum canceling first off......so I doubt the Naryu's love trick helps Zelda live longer anyways *shrug*. I can b-reverse a needle for access to bair which I do against a bunch of characters since bair has really good range and there isn't any disadvantage she gets from having her back turned. I can fastfall and try to recover low.....which is safe against most of the cast (not MK). When I do recover low....she has the fastest DJ speed in the game so if they mis space there aerial or I can just flat out surprise them with a quick jump>uair. I have needles so in case I have a full needle charge I can use these in certain instances to ward off offstage attempts. Dair has it's uses from high up for getting me into a spot below the stage extremely fast and is a decent mix up to use every now and again and has good priority and trades a lot of the time if I get badly read.

Now strictly recovery moves.....vanish is far superior to Farores.

invincibility on the explosion, powerful so people actually have to be cautious....unlike farores, can be auto-cancelled....unlike farores, more versatility as far as directions and distances go etc.

If they don't grab the ledge then it's as simple as just using the chain. Best tether recovery in the game, is very fast, can be used 3 times before having to touch the ground, can cancel the animation by holding down.

So yeah. Zelda basically tries to weave away from her opponent and prays they don't grab the ledge for a free fsmash. Yes she is floaty so a lot of times she isn't required to use Farores....but then again if you're playing an opponent with half a brain they can edge guard Zelda.

/rant

AND KAYLO stop talking mess on SHeik and keep playing your stupid *** chaingrabbing yellow rat who makes little squealing sounds every time he does a move bwahahahaha

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Zelda and Sheik have the exact same airdodge. =X

& I took the question as.... who can literally live longer, not taking into account edgeguarding/avoiding kill moves in the first place. Pretty obvious that Sheik does better otherwise, although her recovery is still booty buttcheeks.

AND KAYLO stop talking mess on SHeik and keep playing your stupid *** chaingrabbing yellow rat who makes little squealing sounds every time he does a move bwahahahaha
umad

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah in a literal sense Zelda outlives Sheik, and nayru's only makes a 5/6% difference - getting back to the stage however is a whole different ball game :chuckle:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Exact same airdodge? hmmm didnt know that i guess it doesnt look like it because of the difference in fall speed.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The wall of camping should be continuos and substantial. Din's can cancel the top so try to time the top for right after the Din's explosion.

When camping you should be in front of the Zelda since she is able to shoot through you. You camp like you normally would but keep on eye on the timing of the top w/ dins. You will want to use your quick moves and long range tilts to keep your opponents away from you and Zelda so you can basically keep camping.

Don't try to force the kills, let them come naturally. A lot of ROBs moves don't send people flying too far so Zelda might be able to combo a kill move out of them. A Zelda Dtilt lock can lead to a kill move of your choice if you are fast enough, if you have enough time and are worried your kill move won't kill you can grab and let Zelda Uptilt them.

Protect one another during recovery. Zelda's Din's typically won't kill you if you are hit with it, so it's safe for her to throw it out if you are being doubles teamed offstage. If Zelda is recovering try to keep her landing zone clear and help her with well aimed lasers.

This team is really all about the camp, try to work on your camp game together and everything should fall into place. If you get separated it should only be until you have created an opening to camp together again.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
The wall of camping should be continuos and substantial. Din's can cancel the top so try to time the top for right after the Din's explosion.

When camping you should be in front of the Zelda since she is able to shoot through you. You camp like you normally would but keep on eye on the timing of the top w/ dins. You will want to use your quick moves and long range tilts to keep your opponents away from you and Zelda so you can basically keep camping.

Don't try to force the kills, let them come naturally. A lot of ROBs moves don't send people flying too far so Zelda might be able to combo a kill move out of them. A Zelda Dtilt lock can lead to a kill move of your choice if you are fast enough, if you have enough time and are worried your kill move won't kill you can grab and let Zelda Uptilt them.

Protect one another during recovery. Zelda's Din's typically won't kill you if you are hit with it, so it's safe for her to throw it out if you are being doubles teamed offstage. If Zelda is recovering try to keep her landing zone clear and help her with well aimed lasers.

This team is really all about the camp, try to work on your camp game together and everything should fall into place. If you get separated it should only be until you have created an opening to camp together again.
thanks Riot

(I had thought about going snake in teams because I saw this video of you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXUDJjoq038
but since my ROB is better than my Snake I'll stay ROB)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
All the old threads are still there, they just aren't shown because nobody has posted in them within the last month. If you want to read some older threads just adjust the display options at the bottom of the page.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Zelda's worst match-ups in general. Metaknight, GnW, Olimar.

Zelda's worst stage is really player opinion. I would go with Brinstar, but you might find Zelda's that love it.

Top Bottom