• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Man, I really want another Zelda rep, but It's really hard to predict who it will be. Skull Kid is already dis-confirmed, so if a very popular and very requested character that was one of the "one shoot villains" is not given a chance to be playable , I wonder if this affects Ghirahim's chances... also Yuga... Zant... etc... At this pont, I see only Vaati and Impa as most potential reps from now... what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But that takes me back to the first thing I said, where by that logic, Ganondorf's moves shouldn't be changed. But most people want that to happen. So why is Zelda different?

Remember that for every unique feature a character gets, another unique possibility gets left out. Every other character can be seen as Zelda without a transformation, or Samus without her Charge Beam. That's why it's important that each character gets the best, most fitting qualities they can. Otherwise we're left thinking too much about what could've been...
The problem with Ganondorf is that he is a special case: a "clone" of a character from another serie. Falco is fine as a Fox clone 'cause if fits him well. Toon link is fine because it's also fitting him. Ganondorf... Not so much. It's not like he had Peach moveset (to take a totally stupid example), but he lacks his energy ball from OoT, for example. The Zelda serie have 5 characters, yet only 3 original movesets. It's the problem with Ganondorf.

Zelda, on the other hand, have a unique moveset that fits her well, using the spells from OoT, and Sheik also have a unique, even if made up moveset. And the Zelda/Sheik duo is also unique because you can switch between this two unique movesets.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh, maaaaybe not the best "unique" argument.
I wasn't really saying it's unique, at least not anymore. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who think it's too important for the character to change it.

The problem with Ganondorf is that he is a special case: a "clone" of a character from another serie. Falco is fine as a Fox clone 'cause if fits him well. Toon link is fine because it's also fitting him. Ganondorf... Not so much. It's not like he had Peach moveset (to take a totally stupid example), but he lacks his energy ball from OoT, for example. The Zelda serie have 5 characters, yet only 3 original movesets. It's the problem with Ganondorf.
So you're more concerned with Ganondorf's moveset being unique? Even if it's awkward? If Ganondorf got his own moveset, but it didn't feel like him when I used him, I would hate it.

Similarly, I don't see the transformation as a good choice for Zelda, and so, unique or not, I think it should be changed. If you want it to stay because you like it, then that's fine, but it being unique isn't a good reason for specifically Zelda to have it.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I really think that Vaati has a chance to be our Zelda newcomer. I know that his latest "real" appearance was in Minish Cap, but if we count remakes, he appeared in the anniversary edition of Four swords, which was released in 2012. So Vaati is actually more relevant than people think. The four swords anniversary edition was re-released today in nintendo 3ds E-shop today (January 30th) because of the success of ALBW. So yes, Vaati is actually somewhat relevant.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The only thing I want about Ganondorf is to have unique animations for his attacks so he feels less cloney.

That, and have his N-Special to have some bloody range.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So you're more concerned with Ganondorf's moveset being unique? Even if it's awkward? If Ganondorf got his own moveset, but it didn't feel like him when I used him, I would hate it.
The gameplay of Ganondorf is not that bad (he still is my 2nd main), but I still think it doesn't have a Ganon-feel. I'm not asking for a sword user, nor a total change, but he seriously lack, at least, his iconic Dead man's volley. The changes from Melee to Brawl were only a first step (to me). His new side special is Ganon-ish. Evil, at least.
I'm ok with Captain Falcon having a made-up moveset, being a racer never shown fighting, but why Ganondorf can't have some iconic moves, compared to others villains like Bowser or Dedede? Again, the problem with Ganondorf is double: He is a clone, and a clone of a character from another serie.
I think I wouldn't ask a change (well, maybe the dead man's volley at least) if Ganondorf's moveset was his own, and not a copy (in melee) of Captain Falcon.

Similarly, I don't see the transformation as a good choice for Zelda, and so, unique or not, I think it should be changed. If you want it to stay because you like it, then that's fine, but it being unique isn't a good reason for specifically Zelda to have it.
I personally think it fits Zelda well. I don't want it to stay only on Zelda (again, it could serve well, for exemple Diddy and Dixie), but it shows her magic abilities (along the rest of the moveset). Again, having a character being able to switch between to distinct moveset is something we shouldn't remove. We can add more characters able to do so, but not remove it.
Again, a SoulCalibur 5 comparison, it reminds me of the rage for Ivy not being able to change her sword into a whip anymore.

And you, why would you want to remove it? Why is that a bad choice?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'll be honest, if the only change that Ganondorf got was that his neutral B was changed to Dead Man's Volley I would be mollified.
... is that a word that people even use? Mollified? Hmm.

It's super awesome when you do connect with his Warlock Punch, but... let's be honest. It's less of a "move" and more just a challenge. I'm definitely in the camp of letting him keep his fists but add more magic.

SCV... man. I'm really glad that Namco's just backing up the core Smash team instead the game just being sourced out to them.
Anyway, as far as the rage goes, to some extent every decision will enrage some people, pacify others, but still they should just make the decision that'll be best going forward, whatever they decide that to be. I personally don't like the switch mechanic on any of the characters and would prefer separately balanced characters with full movesets, but it is still an interesting mechanic. It just hasn't really worked out optimally in the past.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I personally think it fits Zelda well. I don't want it to stay only on Zelda (again, it could serve well, for exemple Diddy and Dixie), but it shows her magic abilities (along the rest of the moveset). Again, having a character being able to switch between to distinct moveset is something we shouldn't remove. We can add more characters able to do so, but not remove it.
Again, a SoulCalibur 5 comparison, it reminds me of the rage for Ivy not being able to change her sword into a whip anymore.

And you, why would you want to remove it? Why is that a bad choice?
It's not that I think it's a bad move choice, just that I see Zelda as having better options that her own games never got a chance to show. Like how if the phantom AT was her new down B like Diddy has convinced himself of, I wouldn't like that descision. It's not the kind of move Zelda would normally choose to use, and I don't think it fits in with the rest of the movest very well. Of course the tranfsormation mechanic is interesting and it's good to have it, but like I said before, Zelda doesn't have to be the one using it.

Anyway, I don't think it's good to oppose change just because. I know someone who complains whenever something changes at work, even if it makes things easier for him. And one time, long after he got used to it, one of those things got changed back to how it used to be. He still complained. So even if you still think a certain quality should be kept, it should never be for sake of staying the same; It should be because you think it's better than the other options, and even then, you should still think that just maybe, there's something better you haven't thought of yet.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's not that I think it's a bad move choice, just that I see Zelda as having better options that her own games never got a chance to show. Like how if the phantom AT was her new down B like Diddy has convinced himself of, I wouldn't like that descision. It's not the kind of move Zelda would normally choose to use, and I don't think it fits in with the rest of the movest very well. Of course the tranfsormation mechanic is interesting and it's good to have it, but like I said before, Zelda doesn't have to be the one using it.

Anyway, I don't think it's good to oppose change just because. I know someone who complains whenever something changes at work, even if it makes things easier for him. And one time, long after he got used to it, one of those things got changed back to how it used to be. He still complained. So even if you still think a certain quality should be kept, it should never be for sake of staying the same; It should be because you think it's better than the other options, and even then, you should still think that just maybe, there's something better you haven't thought of yet.
Well, as you mention the Phantom, let's take a look at how it could work if it was a summoning.

Considering how it was shown, it would act like a AT, right? And knowing how Phantoms are, it would mainly rely on strong blows?

I, as a Zelda mainer, think it's a really bad idea to give Zelda a summoning of such kind. Zelda's moveset rely on precision, to give really strong blows, despite being relatively quick (the kick, especially). Now, there's the phantom. Something that you don't control. As it's not an AT (in this case scenario, I'm looking at you Diddy :troll:), it would be "less effective", as you can summon it whenever you want, and the Phantom is always your. (Again, all of this are assumptions on how it could work, not how it will obligatory be). It means that you get a summon that will actually bother you when trying to land your aerial kicks. Sure it's not making it impossible, but the problem is: the AI.
AT are great, but they are really predictable by their limited move and AI behavior. Same can be applied to the Phantom.

Of course, there can be pros: protective and can distract opponents for exemple. But the cons, to me are the fact that it's AI controlled and doesn't deserve Zelda's precise moveset.

It's not that I just don't want to change. And, yes, wanting change for no reasons is as bad that wanting no change for no reasons.

But the fact that I grew fond of a gameplay mechanic, allowing me to switch between 2 characters I like, and it's a mechanic that, I think, help the character (somehow, I see playing as Sheik like a defensive move for Zelda), and is iconic, despite Sheik being in one game, makes me not wanting a summon that will contradict her precise moveset.

Not sure if I said that here, so I'll say again. Sakurai seems also to seperate the "realistic" and the "toon" art style. The playable Toon link is not the same as the SP Toon Link, yet Alfonzo appears if WW Toon Link is on the stage. But not TP Link.
By this, I have troubles imagining SP elements going on the TP Zelda.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Well, as you mention the Phantom, let's take a look at how it could work if it was a summoning.

Considering how it was shown, it would act like a AT, right? And knowing how Phantoms are, it would mainly rely on strong blows?

I, as a Zelda mainer, think it's a really bad idea to give Zelda a summoning of such kind. Zelda's moveset rely on precision, to give really strong blows, despite being relatively quick (the kick, especially). Now, there's the phantom. Something that you don't control. As it's not an AT (in this case scenario, I'm looking at you Diddy :troll:), it would be "less effective", as you can summon it whenever you want, and the Phantom is always your. (Again, all of this are assumptions on how it could work, not how it will obligatory be). It means that you get a summon that will actually bother you when trying to land your aerial kicks. Sure it's not making it impossible, but the problem is: the AI.
AT are great, but they are really predictable by their limited move and AI behavior. Same can be applied to the Phantom.

Of course, there can be pros: protective and can distract opponents for exemple. But the cons, to me are the fact that it's AI controlled and doesn't deserve Zelda's precise moveset.

It's not that I just don't want to change. And, yes, wanting change for no reasons is as bad that wanting no change for no reasons.

But the fact that I grew fond of a gameplay mechanic, allowing me to switch between 2 characters I like, and it's a mechanic that, I think, help the character (somehow, I see playing as Sheik like a defensive move for Zelda), and is iconic, despite Sheik being in one game, makes me not wanting a summon that will contradict her precise moveset.

Not sure if I said that here, so I'll say again. Sakurai seems also to seperate the "realistic" and the "toon" art style. The playable Toon link is not the same as the SP Toon Link, yet Alfonzo appears if WW Toon Link is on the stage. But not TP Link.
By this, I have troubles imagining SP elements going on the TP Zelda.
Ummm..... I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but.... it kind of seems like you think I was arguing FOR the Phantom. To be clear, I'm against it. For basically all the same reasons you listed. I'm just saying that I feel similarly about Zelda's current down B. Like you said, Zelda is about power and precision, and I don't think a transformation fits that scheme very well.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ummm..... I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but.... it kind of seems like you think I was arguing FOR the Phantom. To be clear, I'm against it. For basically all the same reasons you listed. I'm just saying that I feel similarly about Zelda's current down B. Like you said, Zelda is about power and precision, and I don't think a transformation fits that scheme very well.
No, not really. As I said, you simply mentionned it, so I just gave a deeper explanation why I'm against it ;)

To explain why I think the transformation fits Zelda, I'll also describe my point of view.
Though Sheik is clearly more aggressive than Zelda, I see the whole Sheik transformation as something defensive for Zelda. Sure, the Sheikah doesn't pack a punch compared to the princess, but the agility, the jungling abilities and the speed allows Sheik to prevent foes attacking (by jugling), and to escape more easily.
And, actually, it kinda fits Sheik's role in Ocarina of Time: escaping Ganondorf and thus protecting Zelda.

Well, that's my playstyle, at least. I'm not saying the two HAVE to be played like that.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
No, not really. As I said, you simply mentionned it, so I just gave a deeper explanation why I'm against it ;)

To explain why I think the transformation fits Zelda, I'll also describe my point of view.
Though Sheik is clearly more aggressive than Zelda, I see the whole Sheik transformation as something defensive for Zelda. Sure, the Sheikah doesn't pack a punch compared to the princess, but the agility, the jungling abilities and the speed allows Sheik to prevent foes attacking (by jugling), and to escape more easily.
And, actually, it kinda fits Sheik's role in Ocarina of Time: escaping Ganondorf and thus protecting Zelda.

Well, that's my playstyle, at least. I'm not saying the two HAVE to be played like that.
Ok, I just kind of got that impression from your response for some reason. Nevermind then.

Anyway, I'm not really seeing how that shows how the move is good for Zelda moreso than other characters. It's really only explaining why more people will just stick with Sheik all the time. I think if Nayru's Love was moved to the down B slot, then a somewhat spammable projectile could serve the fast/weak purpose as the new neutral special. And then Din's Fire would function as the power spell, with a little more KO potential than what it's had in the past. I know some people like yourself would miss having the option to switch in the midle of a match, but I think this kind of change would make Zelda a more solid fighter in the end.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ok, I just kind of got that impression from your response for some reason. Nevermind then.

Anyway, I'm not really seeing how that shows how the move is good for Zelda moreso than other characters. It's really only explaining why more people will just stick with Sheik all the time. I think if Nayru's Love was moved to the down B slot, then a somewhat spammable projectile could serve the fast/weak purpose as the new neutral special. And then Din's Fire would function as the power spell, with a little more KO potential than what it's had in the past. I know some people like yourself would miss having the option to switch in the midle of a match, but I think this kind of change would make Zelda a more solid fighter in the end.
I never said (... I guess I never said at least ^^' ) that the transform move is better on Zelda than others character. Just that i think it fits her well. It fits, at least, how I play Zelda and Sheik :troll:

If I had to make a change to make her a more solid fighter, I'd mainly tweak how Nayru's love work. By holding B, Zelda would make the crystal, protecting her from projectiles, and realeasing it would make the shards appears to attack. Of course, it makes you unable to use others attacks while protecting yourself. It would make it more accurate to the original Nayru's love and force some people to get at her. Maybe being able to move while holding the Nayru's love can be a plus, but I wonder if it would be a little too much.

This, and give a bit more range to some attacks (although I think it's already good).

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I never said (... I guess I never said at least ^^' ) that the transform move is better on Zelda than others character. Just that i think it fits her well. It fits, at least, how I play Zelda and Sheik :troll:

If I had to make a change to make her a more solid fighter, I'd mainly tweak how Nayru's love work. By holding B, Zelda would make the crystal, protecting her from projectiles, and realeasing it would make the shards appears to attack. Of course, it makes you unable to use others attacks while protecting yourself. It would make it more accurate to the original Nayru's love and force some people to get at her. Maybe being able to move while holding the Nayru's love can be a plus, but I wonder if it would be a little too much.

This, and give a bit more range to some attacks (although I think it's already good).
The main change I would make to Zelda is make her transformation instantaneous, instead of being long and drawn out. Then you could attack as Zelda, then run away as Shiek really quickly, like you stated in your previous post. You could do combos like that.

Also, Zelda needs to be faster and stronger.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, of course the transform needs to be faster. That loading time was horrible in Brawl. And obviously too, buff some properties (look at Bowser).

Kamiko

Smash Ace
The transformation seems like something Zelda would do if she had to, but by choice she's shown to prefer something more direct. I just never liked the idea of using situational one-shot things as if they happen all the time.

Isn't the current Nayru's Love meant to keep opponents away? I don't know if making it do the opposite is a good idea.

On the transform speed conversation, it definately needs to be faster, but instantaneous would be way too cheap.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Isn't the current Nayru's Love meant to keep opponents away? I don't know if making it do the opposite is a good idea.
On the transform speed conversation, it definately needs to be faster, but instantaneous would be way too cheap.
Well, sheilding yourself would force characters like Samus to come get you. And releasing it would help to push away characters like Captain Falcon. It can give a double use.

And the transform move wasn't slow in Melee. I still wonder why is there those loading time in Brawl.

The transformation seems like something Zelda would do if she had to, but by choice she's shown to prefer something more direct. I just never liked the idea of using situational one-shot things as if they happen all the time.
This can be the problem of fighting games AND crossovers. In sequels, you tend to keep what was in the last games, hence Sheik in Brawl. I personally don't mind that, by the way.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
...Is it weird I really want someone to hack Ice Climbers to multiply them more and shrink them and give me four sword Link?

I think it'd be OP, but I really liked the four sword series. And unfortunately this is more likely then me getting Vaati when he looks like a final boss.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Well, sheilding yourself would force characters like Samus to come get you. And releasing it would help to push away characters like Captain Falcon. It can give a double use.
I prefer Zelda as a ranged fighter, but opinions I guess. There're benefits to both.

This can be the problem of fighting games AND crossovers. In sequels, you tend to keep what was in the last games, hence Sheik in Brawl. I personally don't mind that, by the way.
Like I said before though, wouldn't that mean Ganondorf should stay the same? If one character is allowed to change, then they all should be. Also we lost Mewtwo already.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey. It's my first time in here, but I figured I'd jump into the conversation.

In my opinion, removing Sheik from Zelda would be beneficial to her series' representation and would be better for the Sheik moveset, but it would probably end up bad for Zelda herself. I wouldn't be opposed to Impa, and I would actually like having Sheik's moveset be on its own since I don't use Zelda and Sheik in tandom (I use both, but prefer to stick with one or the other, more often Sheik)...but I'm hesitant on saying that it would actually happen.

Also, what do you guys think of Tingle in here? And how about Ganon? I'm curious.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is unlikely as a separate character in my opinion. Tingle is probably in the top five, but that's more due to how few characters I could see getting in. As for Impa, I'd really rather Sheik be replaced with her and take her moveset, since it seems like the best way to do Impa without much hassle.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I prefer Zelda as a ranged fighter, but opinions I guess. There're benefits to both.
Yes, opinion, depends a lot on the player actually. I'm quite aggresive with Zelda.

Like I said before though, wouldn't that mean Ganondorf should stay the same? If one character is allowed to change, then they all should be. Also we lost Mewtwo already.
As I said, it tends to. It's not a inchangeable rule carved into stone. About Mewtwo, he wasn't finalised for Brawl, but considered. It was because of time restrain? Can't recall well.

About Ganondorf, it's a special case. There's a logic for characters like Falco or Toon Link to be semi-clones: those movesets comes from the same universe and fits them well. Well, Toon Link is a Link, so it's rather obvious he uses a Link moveset in fact.
Althought Brawl's Ganondorf moveset fits him quite well, there's 3 problems: the fact Zelda, an important franchise, have 3 original movesets on 5 playable characters, the fact that, for a lot of Ganondorf fans, he is a clone (well, that what I noticed on french forums at least), and the fact that is moveset is a copy of a totally different character.

Sure, there's logic in this choice: in OoT, Ganondorf is never seen with a weapon, and he does punch the ground in his boss battle. It become logical, then, that he uses his fists in Melee. But for a lot of people, he lacks something iconic, something that truly comes from the great king of evil (besides his Final Smash, obviously)

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Man, I really want another Zelda rep, but It's really hard to predict who it will be. Skull Kid is already dis-confirmed, so if a very popular and very requested character that was one of the "one shoot villains" is not given a chance to be playable , I wonder if this affects Ghirahim's chances... also Yuga... Zant... etc... At this pont, I see only Vaati and Impa as most potential reps from now... what do you guys think?
I would say that it's too hard to predict. It will either be Impa or Toon Zelda.

Vaati: He has been in a few games and is popular, but he missed his chance to get into Smash. He had better chances for Brawl's release.

Ghirahim: Has only been in one game and wasn't even the true main villain. He has about as good of a chance as Zant has to get in (though maybe a little better since he is newer).

Yuga: one game stand villain although his game is the newest.

I would say the best chances for a new Villain character go to Ganon or Vaati, but both are very unlikely.

T. Zelda: Has a better chance since Wind Waker HD and has been in several games. Toon Link getting in again helps her chances as well as the fact that she was planned for Brawl. Another thing that helps her is that she is a semi clone, but Tetra would not be a clone. This makes it easier for her to be developed and gives uniqueness to her.

Impa: Important character in Oot and Skyward Sword. Has a good fan base, and could replace Sheik or be semi-cloned from Sheik. She has been mentioned in at least 3 games, maybe 4.

Tingle: He is just a joke character. More like the Toad of the series. He may have his own game, but he still has a less likely chance of getting in than someone like Impa.

Zora/Goron: This would be cool, but I feel like if they put one of these races in they would have to put the other in and then there is the question of putting in a Deku and that probably wouldn't happen, reducing the races chances. Another thing to note is that Smash is supposed to be for Nintendo All Stars and although they are cool and unique races, they are pretty much only that. There has not really been a returning Goron/Zora who is significant aside from maybe the sages. I would compare them to the Goomba and Koopa.

T. Zelda and Impa have the best chances here.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hm. Pretty good analysis there. My problem with the Phantom as a move for Zelda is the fact that it completely looks at odds with Zelda. Sakurai takes liberties, but considering the details and accuracy he's been shooting for, I can't see him mixing up games like that. It's something I would more associate with Toon Zelda from Spirit Tracks if it IS a move. Otherwise, I think it's an assist. Personally? I would like Celda/Tetra, or some combination. And Vaati would be interesting as a wish character that isn't as likely.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
As I said, it tends to. It's not a inchangeable rule carved into stone. About Mewtwo, he wasn't finalised for Brawl, but considered. It was because of time restrain? Can't recall well.

About Ganondorf, it's a special case. There's a logic for characters like Falco or Toon Link to be semi-clones: those movesets comes from the same universe and fits them well. Well, Toon Link is a Link, so it's rather obvious he uses a Link moveset in fact.
Althought Brawl's Ganondorf moveset fits him quite well, there's 3 problems: the fact Zelda, an important franchise, have 3 original movesets on 5 playable characters, the fact that, for a lot of Ganondorf fans, he is a clone (well, that what I noticed on french forums at least), and the fact that is moveset is a copy of a totally different character.

Sure, there's logic in this choice: in OoT, Ganondorf is never seen with a weapon, and he does punch the ground in his boss battle. It become logical, then, that he uses his fists in Melee. But for a lot of people, he lacks something iconic, something that truly comes from the great king of evil (besides his Final Smash, obviously)
Well Captain Falcon's moveset doesn't come from F-Zero anyway, so being a clone in general shouldn't be the real problem. The moveset in question just happens to not be the best choice for Ganondorf. Like I said further up the page, he could easily have gotten an original moveset that made even less sense on him. I view Zelda's moveset as that what-if scenario come true. What she has now isn't BAD, but it can be much better. So if we pretend Ganondorf's current moveset was made just for him, it's really not a special case at all.

Of course most of this would be fixed if we just got swappable moves like I wish would happen.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well Captain Falcon's moveset doesn't come from F-Zero anyway, so being a clone in general shouldn't be the real problem. The moveset in question just happens to not be the best choice for Ganondorf. Like I said further up the page, he could easily have gotten an original moveset that made even less sense on him. I view Zelda's moveset as that what-if scenario come true. What she has now isn't BAD, but it can be much better. So if we pretend Ganondorf's current moveset was made just for him, it's really not a special case at all.

Of course most of this would be fixed if we just got swappable moves like I wish would happen.
Well, Captain Falcon is quite inspired by the Super Sentai genre. So, having him in SSB64 and Melee got us used to it, and made Ganondorf a bit weird weird in melee. But he doesn't say "Ganon Punch" or "Ganon kick" so everything is fine :troll:

Ganondorf got a revamp in Brawl like Bowser got for SSB4 (changes in animations), now I expect him to get a little revamp like Pit and his new Side-B. Again, I like his side-B in Brawl (fits him better than the "Ganon boost" :troll:) and I don't want a total revamp with a Sword (don't want a Ike-bis). He just need his deadman's volley to me. And I'll be happy.

Oh, also, if I don't consider the side-b of Brawl a change like Pit's upperarm dash, it's because it still similar to the old side-B. But it's was still af step forward.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Well, Captain Falcon is quite inspired by the Super Sentai genre. So, having him in SSB64 and Melee got us used to it, and made Ganondorf a bit weird weird in melee. But he doesn't say "Ganon Punch" or "Ganon kick" so everything is fine :troll:

Ganondorf got a revamp in Brawl like Bowser got for SSB4 (changes in animations), now I expect him to get a little revamp like Pit and his new Side-B. Again, I like his side-B in Brawl (fits him better than the "Ganon boost" :troll:) and I don't want a total revamp with a Sword (don't want a Ike-bis). He just need his deadman's volley to me. And I'll be happy.

Oh, also, if I don't consider the side-b of Brawl a change like Pit's upperarm dash, it's because it still similar to the old side-B. But it's was still af step forward.
Honestly, there are only a few things about Brawl Ganondorf that I really have problems with, mainly the up special. The rest is a pretty good Ganonization of Falcon's moves. I'd be ok with mostly minor changes to that. My first post on Smashboards has some of the changes I think should happen.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep, Ganondorf is pretty "ganonized", and I really like your Idea of the change of forward Smash!

Again, the sole change I'd like to see is his energy ball, and we will really have the great king of Evil.
And some properties buff of course, something Link, Zelda AND Ganondorf seems to need.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Vaati: He has been in a few games and is popular, but he missed his chance to get into Smash. He had better chances for Brawl's release.
He may not be as likely, but he did not miss his chance. He got a remake of his game, then the remake got re released!

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Tetra is my main choice for a Zelda newcomer you guys can mock me all you want but Tetra all thr way i shall support this character till she get's the playable spot she deserve's

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Tetra is my main choice for a Zelda newcomer you guys can mock me all you want but Tetra all thr way i shall support this character till she get's the playable spot she deserve's
Nah, no mockings from me. Tetra's got more personality than most Zelda characters and she has some great moveset potential with her ninja agility+pirate style. And, gotta say, I wayyyy prefer her over "Toon Zelda", since Tetra (to me) feels like her true persona.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Nah, no mockings from me. Tetra's got more personality than most Zelda characters and she has some great moveset potential with her ninja agility+pirate style. And, gotta say, I wayyyy prefer her over "Toon Zelda", since Tetra (to me) feels like her true persona.
true most people think that the only way tetra can be in the game is to be a transformation for toon zelda but Tetra can definitely be added on her own

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
true most people think that the only way tetra can be in the game is to be a transformation for toon zelda but Tetra can definitely be added on her own
Ah, yeah... I definitely would not want to see her in as a Zelda+Sheik clone. Doesn't make much sense to me gameplay-wise, since Z+S already switch between heavy and fast, so having a speedier clone would be strange.

I'm super stoked for Hyrule Warriors. I hope they sufficiently let us play whoever the heck we want to, throwing logic to the winds.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yeah... I definitely would not want to see her in as a Zelda+Sheik clone. Doesn't make much sense to me gameplay-wise, since Z+S already switch between heavy and fast, so having a speedier clone would be strange.

I'm super stoked for Hyrule Warriors. I hope they sufficiently let us play whoever the heck we want to, throwing logic to the winds.
same here looks like a pretty great game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom