• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Day 1 Combo Video

EOE

Smash Apprentice

Sorry for the bad quality, my capture board hasn't arrived yet [watch in 480p]

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
REALLY good video, impressive for only 3 days IMO.

AND I totally used the Dthrow > NAir > BAir on people too! It's such a fun one to land. I was also really impressed by that Din's Residue combo.

I think I should add a 'combo' section to my data thread in the future... 'u'

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I like the up-throw > teleport kill :)
good work! I'm hyped to see what else Zelda can do here

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Oh God, that Phantom Breaker > Din's Blaze > Fair. That was just -filthy-.

In the best way.

Edit: I even made a gif out of it. You gotta love it, right?

Last edited:

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
That was a pretty good video. The Down throw into nair-fair/bair is always my fav. to land, it feels so nice when the sweet spot lands clean.

Gotta agree with the Phantom Slash shield break into Dins/Fair combo, that was dirty.

So glad to see other Zelda players show off their style.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Omg and this is just ur first day I'm impressed
That shield breaker phantom knight into dins blaze then into fair was sick omg I cant wait for the wii u version

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
very nice. I too started doing down throw-nair-bair.

Nice to see the phantom doing work, I find it very handy.

I need to incorporate dair into grounded opponents if I can.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That was incredible! Of course, Din's >Fair was my favorite one, like everyone else. I should take some notes, lol.

Time to grind for Din's Residue...

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I think I should add a 'combo' section to my data thread in the future... 'u'
Absolutely - I'd be happy to help with that. :)

I need to incorporate dair into grounded opponents if I can.
This is a must! D-air is much better this time around due to the larger hitbox and it being lagless from a short-hop.
Also, landing D-air correctly actually kills ALL characters from about ~75-90% if it's followed up correctly.
The only problem is that it can be tech'd, which will probably happen more often than not as a reaction to shield.

--

It's great to see so many Zelda players on the forums, old and new.
And I'm glad the video was enjoyed. :)
I'll definitely be uploading more Zelder content when the Wii U version is released.

Last edited:

Young Sandwich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9546-8978
I'm having trouble connecting the Nair > fair or bair after d throw. Any tips? The animation of the Nair isn't being cancelled

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble connecting the Nair > fair or bair after d throw. Any tips? The animation of the Nair isn't being cancelled
It only works at certain percents and is actually really difficult to land as a true combo without getting the sour-spot.
Try practising in Training Mode on Ike at 40% and you'll see what I mean. You have to be very technical to hit it consistently:
D-throw (from left)> Jump + N-air (immediately N-air) > Immediately move to the left > Jump > B-air.

The Lightning Kick will probably be air-dodged a lot in the future, which is sad because we would have been able to punish that had the lag on Lightning Kicks not been increased. :(

D-throw > N-air
D-throw > U-air
Are very easy to do. The Lightning Kick finisher is great, but if you see your opponent air-dodging/jumping out of it, you should just be prepared to punish that instead with a jump > U-air or falling B-air.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Near for all your hard work.

It's nice to have a Zelda player show us some great stuff!

I personally would love to play you sometime actually.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
This is fantastic.

Just curious, apart from broken shield combos, what's the case for this slower Din's over the default faster one?

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Wait...
You can Nair to Bair? This, I did not know.
Well, guess I know what I'm going to practice now.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, apart from broken shield combos, what's the case for this slower Din's over the default faster one?
Zelda can act sooner after the explosion than with the default Din's.
I guess you could use it to cover openings. For example, you could put it at the ledge to cover low recoveries.

Ultimately, I think it is way too slow to be viable. Maybe if she had a better projectile, this could be used exclusively for edge-guarding, but she is in need of a better projectile, even if it is only marginally better. The fast Din's is definitely the way to go if custom moves are legal, imo.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Nice, but those d-throw to n-air combos.... haven't been able to land against good players that DI yet... still pretty cool good job!

Young Sandwich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9546-8978
Thanks Near for the explanation. I'm going to try it out in training. D-throw > U-air is easy like you said same with D-throw > N-air.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm definitely sure that in order for this combo to work Zelda too needs to have quite a bit of damage on her because of the Rage effect thingy. I've tried it a few times on For Glory when I was at about 30% & the first hit of FW didn't cause enough knockback to hit with the reappearance.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I'm definitely sure that in order for this combo to work Zelda too needs to have quite a bit of damage on her because of the Rage effect thingy. I've tried it a few times on For Glory when I was at about 30% & the first hit of FW didn't cause enough knockback to hit with the reappearance.
At opponent's ~70%, knockback of FW's initial hit will always be high enough to reach the reappearance's KO hitbox.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Wait, Zelda has legit combo strings that rival Project M's? I might just have to pick her up as a fun character, then. :)

Top Bottom