• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your goals in smash

pockyD

Smash Legend
Depends on what you mean by "strategic thought" though I disagree with the statement no matter which reasonable way you think of it.

Somebody play me.

Right now.
with terran, you can set your strategy ahead of time with little to no adaptation and it'll work out for you assuming your technical game is superior. simply make the proper unit mix for your opponents' race, slowly grab your 2-3 expansions, then roll over everything with your blob

TvT excepted

not the case for the other races, as they have to constantly respond to what the opponent is doing

simply put, terrans almost never suffer a "build order loss" after the first 2-3 minutes of the game (if they didn't get 5-pooled or proxy-gated)

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah i mentioned that TvT was excepted in my next post

interesting that TvT is all strategy and ZvZ is all mechanics when those races usually play the opposite manner

and of course PvP is a stupid guessing game

joeplicate

Smash Master
for awhile i saw all these new posts and thought that everybody had hella goals
oh well haha

that being said, norcal ****ing raaapes
brandons dorm=best place for smash on earth

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i just really get annoyed of starcraft discussions

not that i hate starcraft, i play it once in a while (not competitively, i just mess around on UMS)

and theres more than enough starcraft talk from the modesto thread lolol

Kira-

Smash Champion
right now i have a long way to go before i can beat lucky/zhu/lovage/larry so here's what im going to do

- play to learn, not to win. i always thought i did well because i knew how to play to win, but it's holding me back in the long run so i need a change of pace for a little. might be some exceptions if there is an important match or in teams so i dont let my partner down
- dont set expectations for myself (no extra pressure)

thats all for now

edit -

one more: eat well and be well rested for every tournament. no staying up late, no skipping meals or eating poor quality food, take naps halfway through

Adam M!

Smash Lord
ALL KIDDING ASIDE

slowly but surely i'm giving more of a **** about singles again. feels good man. maybe i'll make some goals soon. like not losing to any non-pro at pound 4. something hard to achieve. top 10 in teams with tofufu =)

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Short term goals:
Consistently do pivots, ledgetechs, ledgedashes backwards into edgehogs, platform dashes on stages other than Battlefield. Not use downB so much.
Long term:
Be able to play good people without them getting bored of ****** me. Learn a character besides Ganon (or not). Become top 20 in socal (or 25, I'm not picky).

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Hey Travis, I was pretty impressed by your Ganon but here are a few tips for you.

I noticed you have a nasty habit of rolling towards the stage when on the ledge so try and roll less. Maybe try wavedashing out of shield or a quick aerial (nair?) instead of rolling. It's okay to roll sometimes, but just don't do it predictably.

Another bad habit is that you like using the wizards foot (downB) a bit too much. It's basically the same as your rolling habit. Do it in moderation. I remember you did it 4-5x in a row lol.

If you work on these habits, I guarantee you'll start getting better.

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Another bad habit is that you like using the wizards foot (downB) a bit too much. It's basically the same as your rolling habit. Do it in moderation. I remember you did it 4-5x in a row lol.
Yeah, lol, I remember after I did it the 3rd time, I said that I should stop doing that move so much. Then I did the 4th one.

that's insanely hard with ganon

if u can do it consistently in front of me i'll give you a dollar
I can actually do it on the right side of Battlefield 3-4x in a row. Any other stage, though...

Adam M!

Smash Lord
ganon's wavedash from the ledge is so good, you should really just be spamming thta from the ledge

and watching linguini (for smarts) and kage (for playing gay)

Kira-

Smash Champion
he's got the potential

im pretty happy with how far i've come now. time to chillax until the next OoS tournament

Adam M!

Smash Lord
****, i was hoping you'd keep going to tournies and beat lucky and zhu at the same tournament so i could finally get off my *** and start going full bore again

i'm almost there, but not quite!

Kira-

Smash Champion
that would be really nice
prolly can't beat zhu though

pretty sure i could beat joey now but it doesn't feel as good now that i've done it like 4 times

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!

Kira I'm gonna **** your Sheik the next time we play LOL.

Top Bottom