• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your goals in smash

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
learn the sheik-peach matchup (against spammy peaches)
beat 2 norcal ranked foxes in tourney
get on the top 15 rankings

Adam M!

Smash Lord
hahahaha

i also have no idea (well, many ideas, but no concrete one) what "if you can't pinpoint where you achieve it" actually means

ps jkun is gonna be a beast

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
It means being able to tell if you've succeeded or not, i.e., if you had a list with that goal on it, knowing when you can cross it off. For example, just saying "get better at Melee" is not such a goal because how can you measure such a thing? Instead it's better to have a discrete goal that is representative of getting better at Melee. For example, one of Pocky's goals was to beat a ranked space animal with Sheik. But (I assume) it was his goal not for the explicit sake of beating a space animal but because it's an easily identifiable indicator of "getting better."

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah but then you're still left with the question of how to go about achieving goals that aren't well-defined, since those are often the 'real' goals that we think of in our mind; so the point of the example was to show that even if the 'real' goal isn't well-defined, you can still achieve it by proxy of a discrete one.

Top Bottom