• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youko's Official Complete Texture Pack (NEW v0.2 BETA - CSPs, TGAs, Music, More!)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
If you want to know why it's freezing, the blame is common5.pac.

futurepants

Smash Rookie
This is an awesome collection

BUT... Vendetta knights final smash freezes the game.

I tested it multiple times, it always freezes right as the screen turns completely black, right before he smashes.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Some of the music hacks have been making loud scratchy noises during alot of the song.

Is this a problem other people are dealing with too?

SonicChrono

Smash Cadet
Youko, the original texture for Mario I tested made the game froze during SSE's Sea Of Clouds stage. It needs to be fixed. It's a bug I encountered.

futurepants

Smash Rookie
how do you get this to work in wifi?

It freezes every time i try to use it.

I want brawl plus AND these textures...

Not just the textures.

Robdude123

Smash Rookie
When i try to load up stages that have textures it always freezes. Am i doing something wrong?

Bread

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, I'm still pretty new to hacking in Brawl but I have a question and I have already searched for an answer on many topics and websites.

Well, I use this texture pack and it works just fine.
But there's just one problem:
The CSPs.
This texture pack contains something like CSPs, namely small portraits of each texture (i.e. character) which are located next to the percentage during the fight. Moreover, you can see these portraits after the battle.
Now all I'd like to know is how to get these little portraits on the character select screen. In the first post it says that this texture pack contains CSPs and it obviously does but I can't see them...
Please note that I am from Europe, so I got the PAL version of Brawl.
Can I even use the CSPs as a European?

PS: Beside common5.pac I have also tried sc_selcharacter_en.pac but it didn't work either.

amount18

Smash Cadet
Hey Youko, great textures and the tga's are really helpful... I DL'd ur v0.1 beta pack and your TGAs from v0.2. Can you tell me if the Blue Olimar is the same in each pack?? I would like to use the olimar that you gave a TGA for but don't really want to DL another pack. Thanks.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
Well it seems almost all of metaknights textures make the game frezze when you use his final smash.

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
Nevermind, managed to download it, but now there's a new problem. When I boot up the game with Gecko, there's that small amount of time where it's a black screen before it goes to white, and then to the black "Loading..." screen, etc. It just stays frozen at the black screen.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
For Lucario's original costume, you should leave it alone and make a CSP for it, since it is his Blue when used in team battles. Renamon doesn't qualify for a Blue costume.

Since the Pokemon Trainer doesn't seem to have working CSPs I'll use my own assorted textures for them. If you want I can give them to you, but it's nothing you can't find by not looking on Kitty Corp.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
For some reason, I cannot get t he character select screen portrait to load....

Coincidentally, I also cannot seem to eliminate my old custom Character select screen...

Perhaps its a coincidence?

I Removed the GCT responsible, which apparently only removed the "Custom cSS" fix code...

It's worth mentioning that the in battle and victory portraits work...

Bread

Smash Rookie
For some reason, I cannot get t he character select screen portrait to load....

Coincidentally, I also cannot seem to eliminate my old custom Character select screen...

Perhaps its a coincidence?

I Removed the GCT responsible, which apparently only removed the "Custom cSS" fix code...

It's worth mentioning that the in battle and victory portraits work...
I have exactly the same problem.

Hopefully, someone can help us.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
im having an issue with the stage selection, it freezes
EDIT: its just an issue with one of the codes on the code list, can i get a text file for that list?

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
hmmm i downloaded your CSPs because you had some that i needed. but they still have the magenta/pink background on it. im sure that you did yours right since yours are transparent. is there something wrong with the ones i got?

Xyless

Smash Master
hmmm i downloaded your CSPs because you had some that i needed. but they still have the magenta/pink background on it. im sure that you did yours right since yours are transparent. is there something wrong with the ones i got?
The ones with magenta will still work fine, because the game uses the hex code for that color of magenta and makes that the transparency.

LoneMidnighthawk

Smash Rookie
Quick question: What if we have textures, but only want to add with these? Is it possible to verwrite some of the "Fighter" files with our own textures and whatnot or is it futile?

Menk

Smash Cadet
I downloaded and tried using this, and it all works great until wifi. Removing the system folder lets me join/make rooms, but having textures enabled makes the game freeze and make a loud noise when it tries to go from the wifi waiting room to loading the stage. I have to remove textures for that to work right... is there something I'm missing?

Roller

Smash Legend
Hey, great stuff man, just wondering if you could post the hex code that you put into the code manager here, so we can add more codes if we want. Thanks

noradseven

Smash Lord
Welp no matter how much I try I can't seem to get this to work...I get all the other features of the cheats working 3 lives...infinte replay yatta yatta, but the characters just don't work.

Im storing it under \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighters , and likewise for the rest I kept the folder intergity intact, im on the latest update of wii 4.2 using gecko 1.9.3, on a 4Gb, SDHD card, I reformatted my after it wasn't working for a while and it still didn't work, currently all thats on it is private blah blah blah, codes\RSBE01.gct , and a few apps, I am running the US version NTSC, all the settings in gecko OS are at their default values...I honestly have no clue what I am doing wrong here or how to fix it, if anyone could help or help point towards where to get help.

I was asking people over IRC about this but they were just as baffled as me.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Welp no matter how much I try I can't seem to get this to work...I get all the other features of the cheats working 3 lives...infinte replay yatta yatta, but the characters just don't work.

Im storing it under \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighters , and likewise for the rest I kept the folder intergity intact, im on the latest update of wii 4.2 using gecko 1.9.3, on a 4Gb, SDHD card, I reformatted my after it wasn't working for a while and it still didn't work, currently all thats on it is private blah blah blah, codes\RSBE01.gct , and a few apps, I am running the US version NTSC, all the settings in gecko OS are at their default values...I honestly have no clue what I am doing wrong here or how to fix it, if anyone could help or help point towards where to get help.

I was asking people over IRC about this but they were just as baffled as me.
Not sure if this is a typo or not, but it should be fighter, not fighters.

Also, I thought Gecko didn't work with SDHD or SDHC or any of that stuff; just regular 2 GB SD.

On Gecko, did you make sure that pressed "Allow Cheats" in the Settings?

kitsunez

Smash Rookie
So how do I delete the icons on the character select screen(i already figured out how to get rid of the textures) and get them back to normal? is there a list of which files are connected to which pictures in the folder?

Top Bottom