• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youko's Official Complete Texture Pack (NEW v0.2 BETA - CSPs, TGAs, Music, More!)

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
There's not much of a point when I can't find the reason why online doesn't work and nobody really has any suggestions as to what the problem might be.

There is no inherent flaw behind what I created that would explicitly stop wi-fi from working.

Besides, online Brawl is somewhat a joke as it is, so I'm sorry that some of you put yourself through it.
Lol I say you did great. No worries. Its not your respnsibility for it and yes online sucks lol. I say you have done enough wih everything we already have and i say thank you.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Wow, who made that Royal Purple Marth costume?
It's probably based off of a recolor I made once :D
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3900247&postcount=63
Whoever made it: thanks, you are awesome :p
The only downside is that I can't decide what costume I find better, the green one or the royal purple...

Anyways, your texture pack is really cool Youko, although some costumes are kind of freaky... (Pokeball Kirby, wtf? xD)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you realize you can edit the sleep hat texture, right? The texture just had to have been done on the same model as the sleep hat jiggz. For example, I have a texture on jiggz that looks like pika's party hat.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Why will the textures load, but not the music?DD:
You need File Replacement code 3.5 for the music to work. Unfortunately, if you live in a PAL region, I don't think they have discovered the code that will support custom music yet.

you realize you can edit the sleep hat texture, right? The texture just had to have been done on the same model as the sleep hat jiggz. For example, I have a texture on jiggz that looks like pika's party hat.
Does this texture support the green team color? The whole idea behind this pack is that the textures still work well with team play.

Exziron

Smash Rookie
I don't understand! I did everything it says and I even got the folders and everything , It's just not working for me.. I can Zoom in really close and Zoom out really far but the textures just don't show, I added everything extracted everything and its still not working.. can someone help?

EDIT:

Never mind mrbaconsock helped me out

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
- CSPs for Sheik, ZSS, and PT have been created, but were left out, as their addition freezed the game entering Group->Brawl. This is because of a limitation in the CSP-related code, for some reason.
Youko (or anyone else), did you ever figure out how to solve this? I've been making some CSPs of my own, and I've gotten a freeze at the same place before and didn't know what was wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, I used Smashbox and it went away.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Really nice :O, I have a few suggestions that might be good:

Green Toon Link- Das Donkey Team's Twilight Toon Link: http://dasdonkeyteam.blogspot.com/2009/04/twilight-toon-link.html

Classic TL: http://www.kitty-corp.co.cc/ Search Young Link by Register. The first one (Green) might be good for Classic TL, and even the Red, might be good for Red TL.

Red Marth: http://www.kitty-corp.co.cc/ Blood Knight by Dragonrage

Black Marth: http://dasdonkeyteam.blogspot.com/2009/02/beltmonth-marth.html Belmonth Marth by DasDonkeyTeam

Have a good day, and glad to be of some assistance :)

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Slap, slapping your troubles away with the slap chop.

You are my hero for including that XD

Level 3

Smash Cadet
everything works fine for me except the auudio hacks, maybe its because im using brawl+, but idk
i appreciate the inclusion of tundas' theme in there

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm having trouble with v0.2. If I enter group then Brawl, this will cause a crash. I'm currently using a japanese brawl and wii, so for now I'm using v0.1.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Awesome pack but do you think you could add the squall ike from stacksmash the was one of the best textures ive ever came across... and btw youko is the there a way to identify the CSP and the battle portaits because i main sonic and I wanna delete the portrait because I use the original sonic same for kirby

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I'd **** people in the nether regions for A Link to the Past "Link" instead of only "Toon Link".

Kenroux

Smash Rookie
I just copy pasted everything but CSP doesnt appear in character select screen. Any suggestions?

Slayerz101

Smash Rookie
Problem

I just recently got this pack its great i like it but when i connect to wifi my wii freezes and makes "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" noise and it just freezes T_T help?

ThornKatana

Smash Rookie
I need some help. infinite replay, tags in replay, unlimited camera, standard competitive settings, New Pork City is Wi-fi Waiting room didn't work, which I'm guessing is that when i downloaded it it only had a .gct file and not the .txt file. Plus, on the character selection screen, how can you change the characters' pic do match their texture?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hmmm, the online thing still baffles me. Nothing I did should really affect it...how odd.

Um, ThornKatana, you need a .gct file for it to work. Just follow the instructions in the first post and put it in the codes directory in the root of your SD card.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hmmm, the online thing still baffles me. Nothing I did should really affect it...how odd.

Um, ThornKatana, you need a .gct file for it to work. Just follow the instructions in the first post and put it in the codes directory in the root of your SD card.

I just got it to work. In fact, I played several matches... This is kinda weird.

However, I think I remember hearing that if you do 'with anyone' while you have codes on, wifi stops working for a bit with brawl (or something like that). Is that the problem, you think?

edit: crap, the wii froze when joining a game. >_>

Dios

Smash Rookie
For some reason the texture pack isn't working for me. I've already modded my SSBB before with textures but i deleted them all in preperation for this pack. So i unpacked the rar put it in the correct directory, DL'd the RSBE01 you supplied, put it in the codes folder, then took the card out put it in the wii booted up gecko and started the game, and none of the characters were effected, I tried with about 4 different RSBE01's after this didn;t work, and I still cannot get the CSS or the textures to load at all. So Please if you know how to fix it halp me >.<

Edit: Just tried to install Balanced Brawl, and it doesn;t work too, so that leads me to beleive that it's something to do with gecko not loading the code. So i went back and made sure i had uninstalled anything to do with brawl plus and any other texture modding i did earlier, booted it up making sure i was using RSBE01 and it still did not work. Please halp >.<

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Finally found this amazing thread again :D I hope the textures can work on my japanese wii too.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
For some reason the texture pack isn't working for me. I've already modded my SSBB before with textures but i deleted them all in preperation for this pack. So i unpacked the rar put it in the correct directory, DL'd the RSBE01 you supplied, put it in the codes folder, then took the card out put it in the wii booted up gecko and started the game, and none of the characters were effected, I tried with about 4 different RSBE01's after this didn;t work, and I still cannot get the CSS or the textures to load at all. So Please if you know how to fix it halp me >.<

Edit: Just tried to install Balanced Brawl, and it doesn;t work too, so that leads me to beleive that it's something to do with gecko not loading the code. So i went back and made sure i had uninstalled anything to do with brawl plus and any other texture modding i did earlier, booted it up making sure i was using RSBE01 and it still did not work. Please halp >.<
Make sure you have the latest version of Gecko installed, at least ver 1.9.

PwnerBren7

Smash Journeyman
If this was not known before... the reason it freezes online is the fact that there are CSPs replacing the main color for each character. By removing those or changing them back to the originals, this pack will work online. This does not mean you can't have textures on the main color... just the CSPs.

Cero

Smash Lord
Hey, Youko. Have you seen this thread, yet?

Giving Brawl+ a unique look: Modifying the CSS and other menus
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247918

In the OP, there's a link to a common5.pac that changes the "handicap" in the character select portraits to "buffer".

If it's not too much to ask, is there a way you can implement this into the next update?

Keep up the good work. :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@ OP: I actually have a Hulk texture on green DK.... although, I can't remember where i did downloaded it from... ^^;

gmaster999

Smash Rookie
Can anyone show me where to get this lz77ex program so I can make the .pac files myself? I tried searching it in google and pretty much nothing came up.

MattMan

Smash Rookie
Hey, Cero.

I added the buffer texture to Youko's common5.pac. It's hosted here.

Hope you enjoy!

Top Bottom