• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"YOU GOT NO STYLE!" The Anthony Higgs 4 Smash Thread! Remember him?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks like TheCreator doesn't know how to treat a lady.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ain't nothin' wrong with Anthony Higgs. He's just got too much style for some, they can't even handle his lady-treatin' skills.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe they don't remember him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Your name is currently the last one I added to the page bro.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do have to say the OP is impressive. After Ridley gets in, of course, I wouldn't mind Anthony. You said he can use ice attacks, right? That's something I'd like to see more of. We only have the Ice Climbers and Lucas's PK Freeze, really.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I do have to say the OP is impressive. After Ridley gets in, of course, I wouldn't mind Anthony. You said he can use ice attacks, right? That's something I'd like to see more of. We only have the Ice Climbers and Lucas's PK Freeze, really.
Thank man. Have been lucky to find the gifs I needed. I think that added a lot to the overall quality as you said. To be quite honest, I didn't think it through so much, was just typing cause I was having fun with the idea of 'presenting' Anthony. Which seems to have worked, and am happy about that.

Yes, Anthony's main weapon is the Freeze Gun. So he'd definitely use it in some of his moves. Also, he's got a big heavy Plasma Gun, and I might indeed consider making the move similar to King Dedede's Down B. However, plan was to keep him as a 'sort of' Luigified Zero Suit Samus clone, or at least, have some sort of similarities with her.

Really, many people like the dude. And I take it I can add your name to the list?

D

Deleted member

Seeing Anthony fight like a chick in any way seems too awkward.
This is why I'm heavily against making him a Luigified ZSS if at all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Final Smash could be using his Plasma free style, like R.O.B's laser Final Smash, or have him freeze the enemy similar to Other M's first boss fight.

He wouldn't really fight as a chick though. Because his attacks would be slower, stronger, and whip moves are replaced with other sort of moves. Besides, ZSS's moves aren't extremely feminine at all.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I'd say make it like a combination of Lucas Mario and samus
Have him like brace himself and fire a bunch of shots at different angles across the map that do lots of damage

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Final Smash could be using his Plasma free style, like R.O.B's laser Final Smash, or have him freeze the enemy similar to Other M's first boss fight.

He wouldn't really fight as a chick though. Because his attacks would be slower, stronger, and whip moves are replaced with other sort of moves. Besides, ZSS's moves aren't extremely feminine at all.
If you look at their animations, it would really be awkward to see a man with less flexibility pull them off.

Aside from that, take out the whip moves, and.....that's not really Luigifying ZSS, now is it? That's pretty much taking most of the moveset away to the point that there's little to compare with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, he'd still have a similar Down B attack. And Neutral B is basically the same except for it being an Ice blast instead of paralysing. His Down Smash should also be somewhat the same as ZSS's, but again, Ice instead of paralysis. He could at least do the aerials, and regular moves also wouldn't be THAT much of a problem. As Anthony and Samus basically had the same millitary training it's not so farfetche'd that they;d share a few moves. Same with Fox and Falco.

I like that idea JohnMaster. As a bonus point he'll give us one of his one liners before doing his Final Smash which'd be: 'I think I need to teach you a lesson about subtlety!'

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Don't see how people could hate it THAT much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc

There is a lot. The sparks notes are
  • It charaterizes Samus in the wrong way and makes her an unlikeable character. As is Adam
  • It's not Metroid. Very linear, few locations and doors lock behind you. Does everything the series isn't known for

If you can't see why this game is bad, you have VERY low standards. Also, Zero Punctuation

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gotta teach you boys some lessons about subtlety. :glare:

Frostwraith, Swampasaur, you guys rock! :awesome:
We try. :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc

There is a lot. The sparks notes are
  • It charaterizes Samus in the wrong way and makes her an unlikeable character. As is Adam
  • It's not Metroid. Very linear, few locations and doors lock behind you. Does everything the series isn't known for

If you can't see why this game is bad, you have VERY low standards. Also, Zero Punctuation
The game is flawed but it is, by no means, a bad game. The only HUGE flaw the game has is it story at some points. It had tons of good ideas. They were executed sloppily. The idea of the deleter, Ridley causing Samus to show some fear and Adam's sacrifice were all good ideas. They were just executed terribly. Gameplay was fun. Controls were spot on (dead serious, me and my RL friends who have played the game had no problems with it). And the throwbacks to past Metroid games were cool.

Is it a good Metroid game? Not really.

Is it a good game? **** yes.

And I stopped listening to TheGamingBrit after he gave Sonic Generation a 4/10 because of his own slow reflexes.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Your name is currently the last one I added to the page bro.
What about me? Remember me?

Also, there needs to be an Anthony thumbnail created. It will give everyone a free temporary pass of style!

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I can see it now, the SSB4 E3 trailer.

the new characters are being revealed like in brawl's trailer, finally Ridley flies onto the screen and the audiance goes wild.
The camera zooms to Ridley opening his mouth and inside is Anthony's face revealing Ridley to be a fake. "Remember me" (NEWCOMER : ANTHONY)

the crowd goes silent.

actually new plot twist, every character is now a robot and they are all actually Anthony.
Deal with it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The game is flawed but it is, by no means, a bad game. The only HUGE flaw the game has is it story at some points. It had tons of good ideas. They were executed sloppily. The idea of the deleter, Ridley causing Samus to show some fear and Adam's sacrifice were all good ideas. They were just executed terribly. Gameplay was fun. Controls were spot on (dead serious, me and my RL friends who have played the game had no problems with it). And the throwbacks to past Metroid games were cool.

And I stopped listening to TheGamingBrit after he gave Sonic Generation a 4/10 because of his own slow reflexes.
Can't agree more.

Afro and pichu, you both are added to the supporters list.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I thought that it was cool, but after playing prime 3 literally hours before the controls just seemed so much less, responsive
I didn't like the switching to missiles view, because I might be running from something and have to switch to missiles and get attacked

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You can still do sence moves in first person, and when you do, you go back to third person.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I've been reading this thread, and I believe that it is possible that I may have this "style" you speak of. Proper representation on your so-called "supporter's list" may be in order.
----
I really like the ideas set out for this character, and despite never having played a Metroidgame (cue *LE GASP's*), I would have no objections to his inclusion, and I think he'd actually be quite fun.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Will add you to the list man. Though, I'd really try at least one Metroid game though. They're overall of great quality. Yes, even Other M. ;)

Anthony would like to thank everyone for their support thus far.

(looking for an image of Anthony with his thumbs up, last image didnt work)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can see it now, the SSB4 E3 trailer.

the new characters are being revealed like in brawl's trailer, finally Ridley flies onto the screen and the audiance goes wild.
The camera zooms to Ridley opening his mouth and inside is Anthony's face revealing Ridley to be a fake. "Remember me" (NEWCOMER : ANTHONY)

the crowd goes silent.

actually new plot twist, every character is now a robot and they are all actually Anthony.
Deal with it.
I'd have to say, as much as I support Anthony right now, if that actually happened, despite how much damn style the man has, I would get extremely pissed.

PLEASE don't do that, Sakurai!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Listen to yourself for a minute. Your saying the game is flawed in many ways but that doesn't make it bad. Isn't something that is flawed mean that it's bad?

The game is so bad I used to have a folder with links explaining it's bad. I shouldn't have to explain why it is bad. it should be obvious from the fact your playing a 3D game with a D-Pad and your playing a Metroid game with no exploration. It is JUST BAD.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still.

That doesn't mean that Anthony is bad.

Or does it?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The game is so bad I used to have a folder with links explaining it's bad. I shouldn't have to explain why it is bad. it should be obvious from the fact your playing a 3D game with a D-Pad and your playing a Metroid game with no exploration. It is JUST BAD.
So Metal Gear Solid is a bad game? It's in 3D, and it uses a D-pad.

(I don't like Other M either, I just don't see why using a D-pad is a point against it).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So flawed=bad, huh SmashChu? I guess that means practically everyone is a bad person, considering just about everyone has flaws. There's a pretty big difference between "flawed" and "bad."

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So flawed=bad, huh SmashChu? I guess that means practically everyone is a bad person, considering just about everyone has flaws. There's a pretty big difference between "flawed" and "bad."
This.

Smashchu.

Melee had flawed.

Brawl was flawed.

Are they bad games?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like that comparison Opposum. As it's true on both ends really.

I liked Other M. Or at least, liked what they where trying to establish. I hope more Metroid games look after Other M. In some ways of coarse, not everything.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I thought brawl had flaws, like some characters being unusually hard to knock at
Guess what? I still play it every weekend
I have to say I loved the point and shot style on the wii from corruption
But back to Anthony, realistically his chances increase exponentially if he has a major role in another metroid game

Top Bottom