• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem discussion" Ver 2.0 (Smash Ballot)

Do you like the Idea

• I do very much and I'm committed to it!

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I don't at all, please go back to the cave you came from!

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Fire Emblem fans we need to unite and at least choose one character to represent us in the Ballot, this thread is made specifically so we can direct all our votes for one character, we will discuss first the worthy competitors here.

Everyone must post one character that she/he really wants here using this format:

(Character image if possible)
Character name:
Original game:
Why is he worthy of being playabe (the reason should be well thought and objective, subjective reasons are not acceptable):

after we finish here, I will make another Thread with a poll, consisting of the 10 most popular choices. and the one who wins the poll, will be the one we vote for.

That's my proposition!

This topic will span for 7 days

*The vote is there to determine the fate of this idea, hopefully you will be kind :nervous:*

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Not sure if these sort of threads are still OK, gonna go with Tharja as payback for cutting her trophy.

... but not sure if Kamui could be a possible candidate considering he or she will be the next main character.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Because 4 Fe reps are not enough? lol
besides that i would go with roy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No love for Ephraim? Oh wait, he lacks the real relevance to be DLC (Which is even worse since no actual Fire Emblem characters appear in the Shin Megami Tensei crossover).

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
No love for Ephraim? Oh wait, he lacks the real relevance to be DLC (Which is even worse since no actual Fire Emblem characters appear in the Shin Megami Tensei crossover).
That game made me cringe, I really fear for the future of Fire Emblem, it doesn't look promising, hopefull it's just a phase and that we will go back to the good old practical Fire Emblem that I fell in love with!

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
So, would Roy not count either?
Well I made this thread for the less fortunate Fire Emblem characters, Roy and Chrom already have a huge fanbase, they are covered...let's put our for those less fortunate! till now Ephraim and Lyn are the best, but please guys commit to the Form I posted in the OP:

(Character image if possible)
Character name:
Original game:
Why is he worthy of being playable (the reason should be well thought and objective, subjective reasons are not acceptable):

it's similar to the way you vote for the character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Y'know, am all for the more the merrier.

However, I am really not expecting any more character 'slots' going to Fire Emblem.

What I do expect however is Fire Emblem characters as alts to current characters.

Obvious ones they could do are:

Roy - Marth alt
Chrom - Ike alt
Leif - Marth alt
FE14 My Unit - Robin alt

Or all could simply be Swordfighter Mii alts. :4miisword:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I voted already for Chrom (for kicks), but on more serious note, I also voted for Roy.

Tiki and Anna wouldn't be bad either - but I do wonder what is it we all want now after Robin was brought in to diversify FE's archetypes and cast.

I'd perhaps want someone like Elincia (pegasus knight lord) or other important chars if need be (aforementioned Tiki and Anna).

But yeah.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
FE IF Protagonist
Roy

Our two logical choices right there.

The Melee cuts are coming back. Toon Link basically is young link, doubt anyone would argue that. Doc is back, and is decloned a bit. Mewtwo is back with a vengeance. The only important one left is Roy and Pichu. Roy can easily be Luigified, giving him plenty of differences from Marth, while still being his own character. His obstacles are having a lack of relevance, and the fact we have Roy Koopa. The latter can be solved by just adding "Koopa" to each Koopaling, giving them their full title, like Ludwig Von Koopa, and the former with our votes. Roy is easily a character people can rally behind, and as such, holds good results if we choose him.

FE IF Protagonist has the virtue of advertising. To be fair, I do have doubts on the potential of advertising that Nintendo will go for. But still, the fact commercially it makes sense to add the character, especially as it shows that as fns, we want a strong FE future, is great. The character looks like it will have some customizations, and as such, would not be just another "boring sword user" also no blue hair. As such, it shows Nintendo not only is this a smart marketing move, but it also would please fans.

In my opinion, both are good votes, but I would vote for IF. We need to make sure we do not get a drought of FE, and it looks like by supporting IF Protag to be in the roster, we could ensure that. Smash literally revived Fire Emblem in Melee, and has kept interest in it for Brawl and 4. As such, we should continue this trend. We want people to play more Fire Emblem games, and by suporting a character they could easily play is in the FE IF, we support the franchise further. Roy does have his own merits though, of nostalgia, popularity, and encouraging either a re release or remake of FE Binding Blade.

So to appease OP
Character Name: FE IF Protagonist
Original Game: Fire Emblem IF
Reason to be playable: Summarizing my points, shows FE support, has good moveset potential, Male/Female character, gets people interested in FE IF

Character Name: Roy
Original Game: Super Smash Bros Melee Fire Emblem Binding Blade
Reason to be playable: Declonable, popular, nostalgic, cut veteran, is our boy

Tiki and Anna may be cool, but in all honesty, I have major doubts in either's chances.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I voted already for Chrom (for kicks), but on more serious note, I also voted for Roy.

Tiki and Anna wouldn't be bad either - but I do wonder what is it we all want now after Robin was brought in to diversify FE's archetypes and cast.

I'd perhaps want someone like Elincia (pegasus knight lord) or other important chars if need be (aforementioned Tiki and Anna).

But yeah.
While I would love to see a playable pegasus knight in Smash, it seems like it would be a nightmare to animate, balance, program, etc.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
While I would love to see a playable pegasus knight in Smash, it seems like it would be a nightmare to animate, balance, program, etc.
I think they could make a new weapon fighting style just exclusively to a Pegasus Knight rep (fighting with a lance) and have mostly aerial-based, yet quick playstyle, reflecting the actual class. They could use a pegasus during a Final Smash to finish it up.

Though IDK would Elincia work on that style, maybe they could do Ephraim instead as he also carries a lance and is more popular IIRC.

FE IF Protagonist

and as such, would not be just another "boring sword user" also no blue hair.
Seeing Kamui sport the grey hair after Robin though.

Grey hair is the new "blue hair". :p

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I think they could make a new weapon fighting style just exclusively to a Pegasus Knight rep (fighting with a lance) and have mostly aerial-based, yet quick playstyle, reflecting the actual class. They could use a pegasus during a Final Smash to finish it up.

Though IDK would Elincia work on that style, maybe they could do Ephraim instead as he also carries a lance and is more popular IIRC.

Seeing Kamui sport the grey hair after Robin though.

Grey hair is the new "blue hair". :p
While that is possible, wouldn't having the pegasus knight fight on the ground (albeit with more emphasis on aeirals) and only seeing the pegasus during the Final Smash defeat the purpose of being a pegasus knight?

And yes, grey hair is the new blue hair. And I have no qualms about that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
While that is possible, wouldn't having the pegasus knight fight on the ground (albeit with more emphasis on aeirals) and only seeing the pegasus during the Final Smash defeat the purpose of being a pegasus knight?

And yes, grey hair is the new blue hair. And I have no qualms about that.
I guess, but TBH, it's not like Smash-games haven't taken liberties or tried to modify the fighters from their source games to fit in more within the rules and boundaries set by Smash Bros. We could just have a lance-based fighter at the end, anyway.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
I like Elincia, but I think she'd be a poor choice as she's the one pegasus rider that wields a sword rather than a lance.

If they were to do a Pegasus Knight character, they should have each costume be a different character, from a different game. (And the ability to do so is why I think several basic classes would be better than Anna - the main reason to support her was that she showed up in so many games, but with alts that could be true of a lot of fighters.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I like Elincia, but I think she'd be a poor choice as she's the one pegasus rider that wields a sword rather than a lance.

If they were to do a Pegasus Knight character, they should have each costume be a different character, from a different game. (And the ability to do so is why I think several basic classes would be better than Anna - the main reason to support her was that she showed up in so many games, but with alts that could be true of a lot of fighters.)
I guess, but I wonder what all they should be - not to mention all the development time resulting from it. It'd be best to limit it at important characters from the series overall.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
FE IF Protagonist

FE IF Protagonist has the virtue of advertising. To be fair, I do have doubts on the potential of advertising that Nintendo will go for. But still, the fact commercially it makes sense to add the character, especially as it shows that as fns, we want a strong FE future, is great. The character looks like it will have some customizations, and as such, would not be just another "boring sword user" also no blue hair.
But blue hair is awesome.

The Alpinist

Smash Rookie
If protagonist seems to be a Manakete, which makes him/her a great choice IMO. Manakete could bring a lot to gameplay. If not him, I'd say Tiki.

Troykv

Smash Master
A character who doesn't already have a strong fanbase in Smash?

Well... Maybe Hector, Ephraim or Micaiah? (The non-sword user Lords)

Personally I prefer to Micaiah of the above.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Y'know, am all for the more the merrier.

However, I am really not expecting any more character 'slots' going to Fire Emblem.

What I do expect however is Fire Emblem characters as alts to current characters.

Obvious ones they could do are:

Roy - Marth alt
Chrom - Ike alt
Leif - Marth alt
FE14 My Unit - Robin alt

Or all could simply be Swordfighter Mii alts. :4miisword:
Much as I want some characters to be alts, Chrom for Ike is not one of them. Despite Viridi's input, there are alot of problems with Chrom as an Ike Alt.
First of all, The Falchion is Much smaller than the Ragnell and much lighter at that. Chrom also does not have fire effects. Even if you remove the fire effects from Great Aether, you still have to deal with Eruption. And Chrom's Aether is much different from Ike's Aether. Ike's Aether is the one that has him flipping around, but Chrom's Aether has him charging straight forward. Chrom's Aether is a lot more like Falcon's Raptor Boost than Ike's Aether.
I could see why Chrom could be similar to Ike, considering Chrom would likely be more stronger and heavier than Marth. But Chrom does have those big differences from Ike.
If Chrom is an Alt, it'll most likely be in the form of Mii Swordfighter, unless they eventually give Lucina her own Aether, in which he could be an Alt for Lucina.

That being said, adding to Alts:

Marth = Eliwood / Eirika / Leif / Maybe Alm
Ike = Priam
Robin = Mark / Morgan / Kris / Katarina
Lucina = Seliph

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anna, of course!
See the Anna thread for tons of reasons... That we've discussed to death before.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Lyndis has my vote. I always thought her fighting style would be very distinct in Smash. Though any additional Fire Emblem character (within reason) would be nice.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Scratch my previous statement.

I'll be voting for Tiki, Anna, Lyn and Kamui.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
If I couldn't choose a character to return, I would really love Hector to be in the Smash games. Just imagine carrying this huge axe around Final Destination and slamming people with a Forward Smash. #HectorForSm4shDLC #IWantRoyMoreButWhatever

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Black Knight. Villain, not generic, can teleport. Heavyweight, this dude is perfect

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually going to make a form for this with Hector, because of my love for Binding Blade and Blazing Sword.
(Character image if possible): N/A
Character name: Hector
Original game: Fire Emblem (NA) Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken (JPN)
Why is he worthy of being playable (the reason should be well thought and objective, subjective reasons are not acceptable): Have you ever seen an axe-wielding character in SSB? (besides Killager.) I bet not. Imagine the play-style behind a character like this? In the game, Hector has a good amount of HP and Defense, but not tons of Movement or speed. He could be a heavyweight, but have large range considering the animations in game and how far he swings his axe. (who else swings an axe like that. seriously.) Plus, Hector is just awesome. He would bring a unique style to the game with a new weapon and original concepts.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm actually going to make a form for this with Hector, because of my love for Binding Blade and Blazing Sword.
(Character image if possible): N/A
Character name: Hector
Original game: Fire Emblem (NA) Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken (JPN)
Why is he worthy of being playable (the reason should be well thought and objective, subjective reasons are not acceptable): Have you ever seen an axe-wielding character in SSB? (besides Killager.) I bet not. Imagine the play-style behind a character like this? In the game, Hector has a good amount of HP and Defense, but not tons of Movement or speed. He could be a heavyweight, but have large range considering the animations in game and how far he swings his axe. (who else swings an axe like that. seriously.) Plus, Hector is just awesome. He would bring a unique style to the game with a new weapon and original concepts.
Finally someone using the Form! thank you! and yes he deserve it, I'd Strong/Heavy/Long range is Ike virtues, but Hector can be Strong/Heavy/Short range......

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
As someone outside of the FE fan-base I see quite a few getting uncomfortable with how much FE representation has grown. I am okay with it, but I am not sure if we need another one for a while. If we did get another I'd toss my vote in for Anna. I am glad Robin got in and that Lucina got in as I wasn't fond of the idea of the inclusion of Chrom- again I haven't played any oft he games, just have some general knowledge on the series.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Off topic:

Some Black Knight moveset I thought off,

B: Sword Wave/Luna, Basically a Sword wave that can be charged the more you charge it the stronger it gets and the less farther it goes, a Fully charged Sword Wave becomes a Luna strike which breaks Shield but with no Sword Wave.
no charging=A small Sword wave with a huge range and no hitstun.
begin charging= a little bigger have the range with hitstun.
mid charging=it gets bigger and travel less.
Fully charged=loses it's wave capability and becomes a Shield Breaker move.

Side B: Spear, The Black knight is a heavy and slow character, this move will help him Zone better. it's fast, with a chain at the end of the spear, the Black Knight than pull opponents with it if he hits B again. (chain inspired by Generals from GBA games)

Down B: Intimidation, a counter it's the strongest counter in game with 1.5X power, it's similar to Ike slow counter and it has similar effect of Mewtwo's down B to but with a counter.

Up B: Teleporting powder, functions like Palutena's Teleport

Final Smash: Eclipse, It's very Similar to Link's Final Smash

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Off topic:

Some Black Knight moveset I thought off,

B: Luna, Marth's old Shieldbreaker, but with a Sword wave at the end when it's fully charged the Sword Wave lose some power the farther it moves. HUGE endlag.

Side B: Spear, The Black knight is a heavy and slow character, this move will help him Zone better.

Down B: Intimidation, a counter it's the strongest counter in game with 1.5X power, it's similar to Ike slow counter and it has similar effect of Mewtwo's down B to but with a counter.

Up B: Teleporting powder, functions like Palutena's Teleport

Final Smash: Eclipse, It's very Similar to Link's Final Smash
I think the black knight would use his sword to zone, it is blessed and can hit people far away. Charging a sword wave would make a nice B, having and extra long range charge hit, maybe have a side B that's a faster smaller projectile that goes further for zoning.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If any other Fire Emblem character should get in, it's Anna. She's practically the series mascot and no other character is really relevant or potentially unique enough at this point in time, except maybe Lyn, and only because of her presence as an assist trophy, which is a blessing and a curse. Tiki would also be a nice choice, but I have trouble imagining how she would actually fight. She'd make a great assist trophy, though.

Ephraim might be fun, but he's old and only had one game where he co-starred (and Eirika was arguably more the star than he was even there). I don't like the idea of adding an If character yet, so I'm not big on Kamui. A pure magic fighter would be cool, but the only ones I can see being reasonable additions are Celica and Micaiah, the former of which has the same issue as Ephraim (but is even older) and the latter of which is very unpopular even among people who love Radiant Dawn, not to mention Tellius already has a rep and is unlikely to get another (which is why I also don't support Black Knight). Hector has the same problem as Ephraim, but to a worse degree. Roy has loads going against him. I don't think I even need to explain why Chrom shouldn't happen.

Anna has lasting presence in the series and as long as Sakurai doesn't think he needs to use Trickster Anna, there's plenty of stuff he can draw from to make her a very unique fighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom