• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi is Serious Business!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I think I'll finally reply to this thread.

1.) I would have to conclude that Yoshi is indeed a power character. Just look at all his attacks: they all do great damage considering their speed. Also he lives forever.

2.) I'd say Yoshi's worst match-ups are those where the combos the other character has can either not allow Yoshi to DJ or break his DJ with the next combo move. Ganon and Falco come to mind. Yoshi without his DJ is a freaking juggle magnet. If a character can neutralize this aspect with their combos they will own Yoshi.

3.) Yoshi's up+b, great or greatest projectile?

4.) Yoshi's air game is teh pwn, with perfect spacing and timing. Sadly, that is hard to come by, and so many times Yoshi is forced to rely on the speed of his air game, which isn't bad, but isn't the best either. You need to know where the fairis longest, how long the dair lasts, how many bairs you can fit into your wall of discomfort until the enemy is within striking range, how gimp-able the nair is, and where the perfect spot for the uair is so that it outprioritizes Link's dair (YES I said uair. It's been done before.) Without these things the only thing Yoshi's air game is good for is combos (which is great, but not exactly teh pwn)

5.) I don't think much of his ground game. The only reason I would use it is to massively out-prioritize and outspace a priority-***** (like Marth), or start a combo after doing an aerial (missed or not). I don't normally attack with it, although I've haven't tried attacking with it that much.

6.) Tenaci-oops. Final D. There's just a nice clean surface to approach with. Yoshi doesn't like coming from above, so platforms are a no-no for me.

7.) Well...approach is difficult. I normally try some multi-hitting l-canceled aerials (no DJC), then add pressure with more ground attacks or roll away of they jumped out of their shield. This doesn't always work. If they start attacking me in the middle of my offensive I try to go back to defense to find an opening, but it's difficult.

Depster

Smash Champion
1. I think he is one of the stronger guys, especially with his meteor and down b and easy juggle ability, plus, like many have said, he lives for a long long time with high damage

2. falco is Yoshi's biggest problem, i'd say.

3. OK, i know what ur saying now and i like eggs lots good for countering things like when samus is charging or like jiggly when she is spinning, plus it is fun to annoy

4. i could live on his air lol

5. ground is good, too, especially with his Dsmash and Uthrow/Usmash(air). gotta love his shield

6. dreamland64, Brinstar, final destination, Battlefield, most levels with platforms actually

7. I would egg throw with short range then

Opt. 1: Dair the fool followed with Dsmash or Uair, or maybe even meteor if i got some horizontal distance

Opt. 2: B down, then juggle

Opt. 3: Dash smash

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
I just feel Yoshi needs different moves, such as an extention to his B move.

For example he may be able to carry the opponent in his mouth,maybe you can throw the eggs they are in, or (and I'm sure as hell this won't happen) you could move your control stick in a direction an whack them against a wall/floor then reverse direction as they stay stuck to your toungue, continuosly depending on button mashing.

Top Bottom