• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yes! Your favorite character is in. Oh no! They're gonna be a luigi/ganon-style clone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Sakurai stares at his masterpiece of a character list, a tear gathers in the corner of his left eye as he views the single empty space. There isn't time to program a completely-new character, so Sakurai realizes that this must mean a semi-clone.

Sakurai turns to you, and ask you "Who is the last character, and who are they based off of?"

_________

Introducing Andy! The Snake-like clone!

Moveset is largely the same with weaker, but faster hits with larger hitboxes. Nikita becomes mech cannon, cypher becomes transport copter, all is right with the world.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Black Shadow, Black Shadow, Black Shadow.

Based off Ganondorf, allows the King of Evil to have his own moves.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Porky is my favorite, but I can't see him being a clone of anyone...

So I'd say, if Kumatora was a Ness/Lucas clone, and one of those two got their own moveset.

VictoriaYr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-6451-1789
After seeing that last direct, I think it would go down like this: They have a debut for the last character... the Metroid music comes on. All the Ridley conspirators are on the edge of their seats. But then, in typical Sakurai style, Kraid gets revealed, and ends up being a Bowser clone!! The fans go nuts, and the world burns for a split second.

K. Rool a semiclone of Dedede. Ridley a clone of Charizard. Done right those honestly wouldn't be that bad. Give K. Rool Bowser-like normal moves and Dedede specials, and make Ridley a bigger, stronger, heavier Charizard.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toad as a semi clone of a semi clone? A Luigified Luigi?

Heck he could be a semi clone of Peach since two of her specials are done by him canonically anyway.

Either way, not too bad.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman as a Snake clone. Bomberman dropped his bombs to use grenades and rockets.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is humorous; my favorite character is Ganondorf, he is already an F-Zero clone. However, if we are not alluding to veterans, this is once again, quite easy. Black Shadow; the Ganondorf clone! Why not? It is about time F-Zero got a Legend of Zelda clone........ wait.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Toad, as a Luigi clone.

Moveset:
B: Ice Ball (like Fire Ball, but with freezing effects)
Side B: Toad Torpedo (like Green Missile, but faster)
Up B: Super Toad Jump (like Super Jump Punch, but chargeable)
Down B: Toad Twirl (like Luigi Cyclone, but quicker)

Not my ideal moveset for him, but it would suffice, for a clone.

Alternatively, he could be a Peach clone:
B: Spores (pretty much exactly like Peach's move)
Side B: Toad Bomber (like Peach Bomber, but faster)
Up B: Super Toad Jump (like Parasol, but obviously without the parasol)
Down B: Vegetable (like Peach's Vegetable, but quicker and with a higher chance of plucking items)

Last edited:

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Why there, I have multiple choices for the development team! Ridley based on Donkey Kong! Did anybody expect that? Sami from Advance Wars ripping off Bowser! Yes, Snake would be too obvious. Or maybe you want a Zelda newcomer? Here, Ghirahim as a Fox clone! Kidding, but imagine that. On a serious hand, maybe a Link clone would be a better idea... No? Here, we could rework Mega Man's moves for Tingle... You mean no Zelda newcomer, right? And not third party? Very well, only Wario based Pac-Man was anything more than a concept. So what do you think about Palutena as a Ness clone? Toad as a G&W clone? Wonder Red as an Olimar clo-... you could just say at the beginning you wanted one for Falcon. Oh, and not from F-Zero, I see. How about Soda Popinsky? Too sensible, you say? You want less sense?

You wouldn't get much less sense than by making Ridley a Falcon clone.

...wait, I haven't said that loud, right? Why are you smiling so much? Hey, hold on, that was a... hey! Hey! NO! NOOO!

Apologies to supporters of candidates now ruined by me in their minds.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Why not have a close based off of multiple characters? I've seen this a lot with Pac-man. Wario's bite, Yoshi's down-b, Sonic's roll...

Morbi

Scavenger
How the heck could Goku be a clone of Link?
He could use his power pole instead of a blade, senzu beans for bombs (for some reason), nimbus for a boomerang, and Ki as his neutral projectile (as opposed to the arrow). Haha, I have no idea, I am just having too much fun thinking about it.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Why not have a close based off of multiple characters? I've seen this a lot with Pac-man. Wario's bite, Yoshi's down-b, Sonic's roll...
At that point the little adjustments would most probably make it not-a-clone. Sharing specific moves is fairly common.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
This is too easy. Daisy as a Peach clone. If Victini wasn't deconfirmed... Let's just say I'd have an extremely hard time thinking who he'd be a clone of.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Paper Mario? I suppose he'd be a Mario semi-clone even though that makes no sense whatsoever. There isn't anything iconic that he uses that Mario has that can be 'switched' to do the same thing. FLUDD for example couldn't turn into any Paper Mario move no matter how much you tried (and him using it would be awful). Cape is another and Super Jump Punch/Fire Ball isn't something I'd imagine him using either.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm down with Toad over plumber or princess. Barring that, Tails over Sonic, Protoman over Megaman, K. Rool over Dedede.

K. Rool would work better as his own man, though.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Black Shadow as Cpt Falcon
Louie as Captaina Olimar

They each could retain the same stance/style with more creative differenct specials but I would gladly allow more clones if it meant opening up representation of other games.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Paper Mario? I suppose he'd be a Mario semi-clone even though that makes no sense whatsoever. There isn't anything iconic that he uses that Mario has that can be 'switched' to do the same thing. FLUDD for example couldn't turn into any Paper Mario move no matter how much you tried (and him using it would be awful). Cape is another and Super Jump Punch/Fire Ball isn't something I'd imagine him using either.
Dude. Paper Mario as a G&W clone.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Given the circumstances listed, I'd say Bowser Jr as a quicker /weaker clone of his father. If Bowser's Final Smash get changed to the Koopa Klown Kar, it would be even easier because Jr has his own in the NSMB games.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
NInten as another Ness clone :troll:
I'm a little surprised that there isn't an alternate costume for Ninten, but maybe its because they're already so similar.

Removing a backpack and adding a kerchief ain't exactly the height of alternate costumes.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Chrom as a Marth clone. Chrom as an Ike clone. Chrom as a Meta Knight clone. Chrom as a Greninja clone.
Chrom as a Black Shadow clone, who is a Ganon clone, who is a Captain Falcon clone.
I'd accept almost anything.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool can't use inhale.
There's nothing stopping him from using it, though, or replacing that specific move with something else.

I wonder how would 64 community react if somebody told them Ganondorf would end up as Falcon clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom