• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm going to my 3rd tourny this weekend and I've been training my Pokemon something hard. I've been teaching them new tricks, mainly Squirtle. I've been trying to teach my Charizard the Infinate Jump, but I've only been able to get it to work twice. Ivysaur... I'll just have to try to avoid using her as much as possible. Though I think I'll end up starting with her in at least one match to see how she could work. However, my friends and I have made a decision to start our first match with Captain Falcon so I'm not sure how much rep my PT will be getting. (I 2ndary Wolf, and somewhat use Pikachu, but They've both screwed me over last time I used them. I will be sticking with Falcon and PT.)

No matter what happens though, I will bring out my Pokemon and make sure I win at least one match with them unlike my last tourney. Can't have becoming unconfident due to many losses. Hopefully I can get some videos up so you all can actually see/critque my PT.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Well guys, I'm quitting competitive Brawl, for real this time. It's been a good few years, but it's definitely time for me to move on to something else.

I'm still deciding how much of a role I want to play on the boards still... I'll definitely be sticking around online for a while longer, but we'll see ^^

Good luck to all the PT players. I love you guys <3
Nooooooo pleassseee noooo. I can't have our history end with my terrible Ganondorf getting camped by your jiggs on Kongo!!! I wanted to come back to Edmonton and beat you RAARGAGGHAGH. No, but seriously I understand.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Chris, that's a pitiful excuse to use PT. Use him because you still love him. :p

Seems like a lot of you still have issues with Ivysaur. I think it's time I'll follow in typh's footsteps and get good with Ivy and show you guys playing as her isn't as scary as you think. (Seriously guys, wtf? Ivy is like the most fun to play as imo).

Also what do you think about his statement?
"Women will lie and cheat every time. They'll tell you how committed they are a million times, but in the end, they will just turn around and tell you it just wasn't working out. So just know gentlemen, women are lying when they say those three famous words..... [COLLAPSE=" "]I'm gonna diet."[/COLLAPSE]

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm not gonna lie, I love using Ivy, I just hate how bad she gets offstage...

T-block

B2B TST
@CT: It was that terrible pokemon battle roleplaying that just hap- It's been a long time coming... I don't really enjoy playing this game competitively anymore. I was going to quit after Genesis2, but then I promised that I would go to BC (west coast canada) before I quit, so I did that in September, which was a blast, then the top player in my region offered to team with me for a monthly, so I stuck around for that (took first too ^^), which was this past Saturday. Now there's finally nothing to delay it since I decided not to go to Apex, and here we are.

@Zigsta: Bring dat Rock Smash > f-smash to WHOBO3 baby

@Geenareeno: If you come to Edmonton, let me know. I'll try my best to come out and play. I don't need to practise to camp Kongo with Jiggs =)

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Yo mata watched some of your vids.

Thought Id humbly point out.

Ivy and Zards Upthrows kill for sure at 180% (It is actually slightly lower and maybe way lower based on bad DI)

You know you can jump out of shield or upsmash out of shield? (Nair or almost any aerial out of shield with Squirtle is ****, and UPSMASH OUT OF SHIELD IS INSANE AS ZARD)

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
sweet, thanks for the usmash/nair advice! I know about the uthrows though, probably just didn't utilize them as well.
Yeah I you grabbed SK92 at like at 180 and Fthrowed or something.

Idk its not important I just was letting you know. <3

Zard you can basically shield camp in an aggressive way, sorta how you dash grab and pivot grab alot not instead of just running around and shielding and threatening a shield grab (As Zard) you can also Upsmash out of shield on reaction.

(You dont have to stop holding shield you can just hit up on the C-stick and the Analog stick while still holding shield)

Its common knowledge but just want to make sure I am being clear incase some reader does not know.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
alright cool, thanks for the clarification. It all helps...

When M2K slept over my place he told me the way to beat falcos are just shield. Because he can't kill you with throws.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Well guys, I'm quitting competitive Brawl, for real this time. It's been a good few years, but it's definitely time for me to move on to something else.

I'm still deciding how much of a role I want to play on the boards still... I'll definitely be sticking around online for a while longer, but we'll see ^^

Good luck to all the PT players. I love you guys <3
respect. good luck with whatever you decide to pick up. i'm sure you'll stay for a while; i'm still here, after all.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
@CT: It was that terrible pokemon battle roleplaying that just hap-
@Geenareeno: If you come to Edmonton, let me know. I'll try my best to come out and play. I don't need to practise to camp Kongo with Jiggs =)
HAHAHA that actually made me lol. Man... man, I would ban that ****. I don't think it would work on RC.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Voodoo Smash is in two weeks, I'm so hyped! I'm hoping we get a good turnout. I'm pretty confident because in recent tournaments, the turnout has been growing. :D

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
He also just walked in and demanded to take a shower. After that he felt all awkward and pretended to sleep on my couch.

I got no sleep, his bag was at hungryboxes place...I had no idea where that was nor did I want to drive everywhere. So some guy picked it up and dropped it off at the airport for us. M2K started freaking out because he thought he was going to miss his flight. He started complaining and saying if he did miss his flight if a friend and I can help pay for a new ticket. This was right after he won MLG Orlando.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Really? For a guy who wins loads of money, in cash, why would he need someone to help pay for his ticket?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Oh the pleasure of dealing with jason, whether or not he has aspergers he really knows how to make people uncomfortable. I had the pleasure of driving him to KTAR, hear the stories of him staying at vinnie's house, and be verbally assaulted by him to tell him what to do with his life since he's done nothing with it the past 3-4 years besides practice MK.

Do all yourselves a favor and just keep some distance from the kid because tbh he may have a problem but he has plenty of control, he jus acts like a child because everyone knows he has a problem and does not want to get into it with him. There's very little about jason's life that I ever would desire at all.

Sorry if anyone is offended by this but jason does a great job of rubbing people the wrong way and STILL expecting things out of then.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Honestly I hate people like that.

Coming from a guy with Asperger's who refuses to let it get in the way of his life.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
And I understand all of that and I don't want to sound like an *******, but is it my fault that he doesn't have his life together or rather is it anyone's. I do not hold his problem against him I just find it challenging to deal with a person who has a problem and wants to blame their life issues on me.

Thats all I meant because I do not deal with conflict very well. So when Im in my own car driving said person to a venue and they are yelling at me because I explained what my life gameplan was and how well I was following through with it, thats somewhat beyond my limits as a person.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I liked it better when we were talking about women.

P.S- If a female gamer joins the PT boards, I call first dibs assuming she's close enough to my age.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
like you guys have a choice
anyone who catches even a fleeting glimpse is instantly smitten by my charm and boyish good looks

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I'm talking to this really cute Asian girl right now, we have a study date this Thursday. She's going to do her homework and I'm going to start some personal project. It'd be cool if she understood what they were saying :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm not big on Asians. I'm more or less the kind of guy who goes for Italian or Irish women. Though I'm talking with this British girl and we are madly crushing on each other. >_>

When I go see her in a couple of years, I plan on flooding my facebook with pictures. You know, just to make sure you guys are jealous.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol I <3 asian women and have a very heavy dislike for the white women. I gotta say out of all the girls I've dated my gf right now is way to awesome to even really care about others. I get my time to play brawl and she evens finds it fun to watch cause I tend to wreck my friends. Man I always wonder where this chick has been during the rest of my life, then I realize she had been in brooklyn LOL.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I met my chick via minecraft. We only started talking to each other because we kept bumping into each other on the server we both visited. Next thing I know, we exchanged skype names and began to vid chat a lot. >_>

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
There's always a choice. Get wet from squirtle, get spanked by ivy or up the butt from charizard.
Bomber, I think you just helped me find a quote I could use.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Bomber you make me laugh ha! Good luck with that. Oversea long distance is pretty insane so props if it works... but a couple years? Seems kinda crazy. If you visit and leave with nothing you should kill yourself. I don't think I can get jealous though, you can try!

You should add me on facebook - Adam Matis

Top Bottom