• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Didn't know where else to ask this, but does Squirtle have a fair cancel on the edges of Yoshi's Island? When I get it to work he slides across the ground from the ledge a bit further than a ledge roll as well as much faster.

T-block

B2B TST
It can be done on Yoshi's Island: Melee and Pictochat. I think Rainbow Cruise as well.

It's pretty useful, although not gamebreaking. Having another option is always nice.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The right side along the hill as well as the tilted pipe on the left.

:phone:

CoonTail

Smash Lord
If we are just talking about the little baseball slide you get from using a f-air real close to the ground then you guys are forgetting Yoshi's Island (Brawl).......

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well then yoshi's island brawl it sees the most use because the rest of the stages listed I believe are not tourny legal.

This makes me wonder if this is feasible on lylat?? Time to hit the lab!

:phone:

T-block

B2B TST
Yes, but Thunder was asking what stages other than YI:B, CT.

It's not possible on Lylat as far as I know. I think you're just going to end up killing yourself by double jumping into the bottom of the stage lol. But it's worth a shot.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Thanks but I almost didn't use PT (full MK/Marth in my bracket :/ )
I used it 3 matches in pools and 1 match in brackets (I won all of them)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Is Ivysaur's pivot grab any good in your all's opinion? I can't find its use, so I don't know if I'm just using it for the wrong purpose or if its just bad haha.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't have the same problem at all with his dash grab or regular grab... but pivot grab... :/. No idea how to use it correctly haha.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I don't have the same problem at all with his dash grab or regular grab... but pivot grab... :/. No idea how to use it correctly haha.
Watch Reflex vids.

From him what I learned/how I use it now= is to cover certain options when you tech chase.

I actually like Ivy pivot grab, since I spend a lot of time retreating as Ivysaur.

I recently tried to start playing Ivysaur without ANY Razor leaf or Bair (since those are my bread and butter) and I really like how my Ivy is looking now. I have been getting a ton of practice almost every day online, and I get to play in person at least once a week now.

I am excited to hit a tourney sometime soon.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think I use nair waaaay too much with Ivysaur. I use it more than bair. Not Razor Leaf though. Is that a really bad thing?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh, cool! I haven't really read up on which moves are good and which ones are bad. I just assume that I usually use bad moves a lot XD.

Anyone looking for a brawl this halloween? I'll be on skype (Zenifushilizardon) if anyone wants to brawl! Looking to work on my PT and Jiggs and dittos are always super fun! c:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The AI in Brawl is crazy man. My PT vs. lvl 9 CPU PT. It's like it learned everything from me Reflex.

Edit: I forgot to mention. After Voodoo Smash, I had some dude approach me about some organization he runs in my local area. Something called Smashcon. He asked me if I was interested in TOing for Brawl. I told him I was interested and would participate in the summer convention, winter isn't the best time for me because I'm busy with so many things. Bomber is making a name for himself. :D

T-block

B2B TST
They've looked at the AI programming and there's nothing in it that suggests learning. Also, replays with CPUs would desync when played on other Wiis unless the entire AI was contained in the replay, and it's not.

We understand AI a lot better now thanks to the new tools that have come out... we can even program our own AI. Bio was trying to program an MK that would perfect plank - not sure how far he got on it though.

Top Bottom