• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
ICE, PT is a harder character to play. We all have our flaws. I know for a fact I'm better in friendlies than singles. You just can't let that stuff bother you. We all think we're good but you have to know someone is always better. You just have to play brawl smart and out think other players. Who cares what cool AT your squirtle has. If you can't do the simple mind games that matter or out playing what is the point of AT. You need to learn that first.

T-block

B2B TST
Props, IC.

I think you'll find that when you approach the game with that humility, you learn a lot faster. As always, I'm glad you're always around on these boards. Your passion for the game is definitely something a lot of us are missing haha.

Side note: Aposl is mad good. I think he is better than me, but WE DIDN'T PLAY AT GENESIS >=(((((

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah I think if we were to re-do the PR it would be: Reflex, Aposl, T-block, MaTA, IC.
Though someone could argue that some of those people don't even play PT anymore so therefore they don't belong on the PR. However, at this point, we have so few people left who haven't quit playing PT or Brawl in general, it's not much of a point to bring up...... Can I get honorable mention?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Sorry for the delays in posting guys I work in an IT office from 9-5:30 and I have little time to respond in here unless I rip through all my jobs.

Anyway lets see where to start, Firstly I'd like to say thanks to T-block, Geen, MAtA, Falcon's first, and Bomber because the positivity and actual care you showed makes me feel like less of a random. I think that is where my problem has really stemed from sometimes I feel like a scrub or random even on these boards which just makes me wonder "Well if I'm a scrub here, can I possibly be a noted/recognized player anywhere else?". So that just ends up really bugging me and doing a great job of getting in my head.

MAtA you hit me with some advice that shines really really bright and thats that I have to start working on simple mindgames along with more reading and reacting before I am trying to implement AT's. Fact is I can implement them better than I can use mindgames so my focus has been in the wrong area. Your a real respectable PT mata and a dominate Zard I have deffinitly taken some tricks from.

T-Block your completely right and hit on a key point that I have heard many times before,

Your passion for the game is definitely something a lot of us are missing haha.
I have been told this a lot by Vinnie, Will, Anti, along with a large amount of other players and its really what keeps me motivated. Now that I have dropped the ego and understand where I satnd I deffinitly can learn a lot faster and really try to focus on fixing my issues. We have a very odd base of interactions T man and I feel like we see things quite differently in the game, so it is really nice to hear that I'm this much of a presnce on these boards figuring your deff our Main Mod T.

To Falcon, Geen, and Bomber I'd just like to say thanks for all the support because actually feeling some PT board love and hearing about the notice people have given me is all I ever want. I just like to have a name and not be a random along with getting credit for the work I have put into PT. I never plan to quit guys its just not in my cards, but having to face facts of not being the player I thought after this many years playing the game hurt. It wasn't that I felt I was the worst but that I had put so much time in to only turn out to be a lower level player, but it just means I gotta work harder. Thanks again tho guys it means more than you can imagine to be told I'm someone here hell maybe even a special someone LOL :)

As Far as the PR goes Bomber the only one who can be considered to have quit anything is reflex who quit PT, otherwise we just have some close to retired players since they do still get out there who are MAtA and T-block.

My PR would look like this now that I opened my eyes:
1. Reflex
2. MAtA
3. T-Block
3. Aposl
5. CoonTail

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Miles quit but he still plays aka retired along with Typh. I haven't heard a word about Toby ever since he left and Im pretty sure Magik quit a while ago because I have no seen him anywhere.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My dream of having a PT dominated tournament was crushed a long time ago. I just realized that. *sigh* :(

Maybe the PT board just needs to all go to a big tournament like WHOBO and troll everyone else who enters in the tournament. We will dominate the top 20. With me geting first place of course. :awesome:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
^ I wish I could be Pokemon Master, I'm still struggling to get my 2nd gym badge (place well in a tourney with PT)

:phone:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I got 9th once with Pokemon Trainer and it was the first time I brought my PT into the tournament scene. I'm convinced that luck was on my side because it was at Gameware Monthly #7. Seven is also my favorite/lucky number aside from it is just a lucky number in general. So for me, getting 9th was like getting my first gym badge.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ugh I've placed top 10 with PT a few times before and it just seems to inflate my head lol, I don't really get excited unless I have a breakthrough win.

Aka actually getting to the elite 4 :p

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ok guys I'm making it to Fatality 1 this weekend, lets see what kinda work I can put in!!!

Simple mind games, simple mind games I got this guys!!!

EDIT: And I got paid today so I am getting a premium membership and fixing my godforsaken name to the correct one CoonTail!!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
That's a great step towards improvement, Coonie. Wanting to be the best is good--just not when it's your sole or main reason for fighting.

I used to pressure myself a lot to be good with PT. Then I realized he just wasn't the character for me, so I dropped him for Bowser. When I first started playing Bowser only a little over a year ago, I used to want to perform well to be the best and to give the other Bowsers hope. I realized, though, that dropping those desires as my MAIN reason to fight made me much looser, and now people consider me good at this game.

Your time will come. Just step back.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Thanks zigsta, Im glad to hear Im doing something right for once in this game LOL.

On a side note though now that I'm a premium member I want my NAME CHANGE, zigsta is there someone I can talk to because Vergilijus is not online!!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol I did MaTA and I've gotten no response.....lol I'm trying to not be crazy, but I kinda been waiting for this namechange ever since I found out premium lets you do so.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok guys I'm making it to Fatality 1 this weekend, lets see what kinda work I can put in!!!

Simple mind games, simple mind games I got this guys!!!

EDIT: And I got paid today so I am getting a premium membership and fixing my godforsaken name to the correct one Mr. 4Stars!!!
Corrected.

Anyway. Wish you the best of luck buddy. Just go in with the mindset to have fun, play people to get some practice in a play better players to gain some experience and push yourself forward. That's what I'm doing now.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
^ And speaking of pushing yourself forward, My PT has seriously boosted my confidence today. I was having some friendlies with 2 of my Smash friends earlier today, with the ones that are better than me. Anyways, after we get our ffa's and other mixups out of the way, we do 1v1s. I'm up first against my friend who is a Luigi main. Now one strategy that he does a lot of is to jab > UpB me. This works on me too much and is mainly 80% of the reason why I lose. However today was different, he tried to do that jab, and after his jab, I used Bullet Seed with Ivy to counter him. That worked not only once, but two times. After the 2nd time he started to fall back to the stage so I gave him a surprise angled up F-Smash. He UpB'ed me after he came back. I won that match with two stocks remaining. I also won the series with no losses and that made me happy. I hadn't beaten him in a long time and now I won after serious training.

However my confidence was somewhat shot down after my Sonic maining friend beat me like he always does, but I was much better against him then in my previos matches. For instince, Sonic mains LOVE to punish mistakes. Those of you who don't know me, I make a lot of mistakes including spotdodging alot, as well as rolling and other things that leave me open. At one point he did his typical 'charge up a F-Smash to get me to spotdodge or something stupid to get me hit' Once I saw him charge, I gave him my own F-Smash with Ivy and I killed him. After that he said "I was waiting for you to do something stupid so I could punish you but, dang." I felt good after that even though I lost the match/series.

TL;DR = My Pokemon are getting better thanks to everyone.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks zigsta, Im glad to hear Im doing something right for once in this game LOL.

On a side note though now that I'm a premium member I want my NAME CHANGE, zigsta is there someone I can talk to because Vergilijus is not online!!
I don't remember who else is in charge of premium. Try PMing all the Admins and asking.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol Miles I already paid for it

Zigsta I tried pming around but I got no response

Overall thanks guys I'm excited to get back to a tourney hopefully I can get some replays up I find it funny how so many are behind me and I only have vids from 09-10 up LOL

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hahaha you all suck besides T.

Hey Miles.......**** you <3 LOL but tbh Miles does get the hater award since he's been hatin' on it since 09'

Top Bottom