• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

T-block

B2B TST
I came in second at a North Carolina tournament with all PT. Ended up using Wario in Grand Finals, but lost. Still, it was useful; I got 3-0'd in Winners' Finals, and then I 3-0'd him back in Grands with Wario and lost the second set, 2-3.
Who was in GF with you?

Nothing special to report. Don't even know why I'm posting. ;p
Don't make posts like this.

Aposl

Smash Ace
the matchup isnt that bad Luis, Squirtle ***** Olimar, but you got o be patient because Olimar's wall is hard to crack.

Aposl

Smash Ace
I was just about to post about how sexy squirtle is, an old friend of mine came back to nor cal for a few days and we played some brawl the other day.

I busted out pt and damn squirtle is seriously the only good thing about brawl is movement is soo dope, everyone needs to hydrodash more.

That said Apsol I would like a link to these sexy vids of yours. To critic/observe.
also the vid is posted in the vid thread mah dude nvmnd it was taken down T.T i will try to find it again...

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
also the vid is posted in the vid thread mah dude nvmnd it was taken down T.T i will try to find it again...
PM or message me. Id like to see how any recent pts are doing. Since I stopped playing brawl to focus on work/school/ and then melee in free time my PT feels quite a bit different. I especially Ivysaur and Charizard.

Anyways I look forward to seeing some new(ish) blood, I have never seen your pt before.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
hey everyone, you gotta forgive mata. negro hasn't been around because he's too busy getting his name in the credits of conan the barbarian and ****.

:)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Tubing the You, Crafting the Mine, Shifting the Shell, Whipping the Vine, Smashing the Rock, Boarding the Lurk, Dislexing the Type.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Ha I guess thats a somewhat decent excuse, besides work keeping me busy I was at a International Goldeneye/Mario Kart 64 meet. I ended up getting 3rd in Goldeneye, I lost to a swedish player, but my friend took first :) Now that all craziness has died down I can get back to charizard <3

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Awesome to seeyou back MaTA thought we lost you there for a second, but yea we need our Zard lord back because my Zard is getting pretty sexy :)

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Zard lord ha, I like that. New tag???

Awesome to hear though! We'll have to wifi sometime, or if you randomly show up on the west coast we'll play.

Aposl

Smash Ace
speaking of zard, hes been down smashing too much latley felt that ***** 150 miles away!

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I really want to make a trip up north, what part are you located in? Maybe a few weeks or something I can leave late after work.

Geenareeno - When I first started entering tournies so many people put me down as meta, I felt like a tool.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
More PT is needed at tournaments placing top 10!
1) I'm working on it it. I can only go so fast with no one to practice with.

2) There's probably more fingers on my left hand than the amount of people who still main PT and/or use him in tournaments.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I can't get enough of him, he's so fun in tourney :)

But yeah IRL i'll let you know. Its about 6 hrs away so planning would definitely be good ha.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
One day, everyone in the nation will know my name and M2K will be a thing of the past. They will forever say "Mewtwo who?".

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Hey guys, long time no see.

First off, I want to apologize to everyone for just sort of leaving unannounced. I don't really know what's happened with the Brawl metagame/PT community since I've gone, so I don't know if it was a big deal to this board or not to have a missing-in-action moderator for however long it was.

As for why I went missing: it's a simple story, but it's made complicated by the exact reasoning that went into it. Around late 2009, I was starting to feel weird being a moderator here, because I was seeing so many people (Reflex, Toby, IRL, Typh, Steeler, etc.) actually going out and playing in tournaments and growing as players, while I was stuck in central Illinois (which, at least at that time, was a predominantly Melee area) without the ability to drive or get to local tournaments or travel. On top of this, the small group of people who actually played Brawl at a competitive level around me lost interest in the game, and one can only get so much out of wi-fi before it stops helping you grow and actually gives you bad habits.

Now, this all sounds like I was set to lose interest in the game, and considering what happened, it might seem like I did, but that wasn't the case. It might seem a small distinction, but I lost hope for myself ever getting anywhere, not interest in the game itself. I still loved PT the character, I still loved Smash. And sure, Brawl's metagame has it's (very obvious) flaws, but due to the fact that I have always been very weak at technical skill, Brawl has and probably always will be a better fit for me than Melee.

In terms of me leaving, it can best be described as this loss of faith finally getting to me, but at the same time, my love for the character deluded me into thinking "I'll still be active on the forums, even if I won't necessarily be able to play." Of course, as time went on that obviously did not turn out to be the case, and by then I was too ashamed to show my face here anymore when I was still utterly incapable of playing the game with anyone and after basically having abandoned the forum. So I stayed away.

If you're wondering why I'm back now, what has changed, it's this: I'm in college now, and I'm no longer in Illinois (look to the left and you'll see I'm at the University of Iowa), and I feel like I have a better chance of actually being able to play people who can...well, play, basically. From what I've seen from briefly poking around, these forums and the Brawl community at large aren't doing so well, but I'm still just as interested in PT as I was before, so this doesn't really matter to me. I'm also assuming that by now I'm horribly outdated when it comes to the metagame at large and PT, but I want to improve. So yeah, I'm back, I guess.

Anyway, I look forward to getting back in touch with anyone who is still around and meeting all of the new PT players that started since I left.

P.S. I'm not back expecting or wanting special treatment or re-mod or anything like that. From what I've seen T-block is doing a fantastic job of things and is a much better fit for the job than I ever was.

P.P.S. If you are offended that I took you off my friend's list, please don't be. I don't know who is still around and who isn't, so I just went ahead and cleared everyone out to have a fresh start. I'd be more than happy to re-add you, if you like.

T-block

B2B TST
Retrooooo omg seeing that you made a post made me so happy.

Don't worry about the past... your situation is understandable, and no one resents you for it or anything ^_^

Looking forward to talking with you man... let me know if you need anything ;)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
RETRO!!!!

WOW I havent seen you since I first started PT, but everyone just missed you man because the PT boards have grown much smaller since you were around but i have to say our knowledge pool has grown A LOT.

Nontheless I am really happy to see you back and I deff hope you being in college helps out your lack of people to play with. I went through the same exact thing throughout 2009-2010 when all my friends quit and it made it really difficult to stay with the game, but once your back in man your a very happy person. So I am glad to hear your back and no resentment my man, all you honestly missed was me lose my **** a couple times and T-block telling me to calm down LOL.

A WILD lvl 30 Retro appeared.........*places cursor over pokeball* :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi, nice to meet you Retro Gaming:bee:.
I picked up PT because the pokemon were some of my worst characters and I wanted to expand my game. They ended up being too fun to drop so I ended up a scrubby PT seconder.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I gotta say, I am TOTALLY surprised to see you back, Retro--I was wondering why you left out of the blue!

Welcome back. :)

:phone:

Top Bottom