• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
Brinstar <3

I have a lot of trouble spacing with squirtle :c. My PT's not growing :c. Of course, I've been focusing on my other characters :/ . I fought a Lucas and did not feel like my actions were well played :c. I'll post the video in the other thread.
/whine

PS
Isn't this face dumb > :c ?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Next tournament I go to, I promised my friends I'd go Ike because after LasT, me and my friends did friendlies and I mopped the floor with them as Ike.

I play Ike for fun but I didn't think I'd be kicking my friend's ***** with him.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I never said I was quitting PT. I'm just going to play Ike in the next tournament whether I do good/bad/horrible. I just want to see how my Ike would fiar out, considering I play him strictly for fun.

Aposl

Smash Ace
vid is back up in the pt vid thread I realize that I am a way more defensive player in tourney so I am like the opposite of Reflex lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If I get top 10 with my Ike at my next tournament, I will challenge Reflex to do battle with me. Ike vs PT.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Mata Eric (Tyrant) is sooo good at teams.

Once I was spending the weekend in so cal and Eric and I were teaming vs Either DSF+Havok or Dsf+Mike Haze. (I think it was Mike) And we won like 10 out of 11 matches.

Eric is a beast at teams, he played DDD and MK and Snake. I went PT and Jiggs.

I <3 Tyrant. He is my *****. Literally.

Props for the 1st place though, free money is always cool.

Did you enter singles?

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Charizard beast mode engaged..

But yeah Eric is an awesome partner, we had some nice combos and talking during the match. One kill was pretty funny, he back threw me across battlefield over the edge and I bair with charizard killing mike. I enjoyed that.

I entered singles, I tied for first in my pool with Vato_break. In the tourney I did good, all close matches but nothing special. I was just happy to get first in pools, I'm getting better at controlling at myself while playing so should be more productive in the future.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Yeah he hasn't gone Mario in tourney in forever! He mainly uses MK/Diddy. The set went 2-1 me. Forgot the first stage but he won with diddy, I took him to Frigate and he continued to use diddy but I beat him there. He took me to rainbow and switched to MK. I spiked him twice with charizard. 1st stock on the giant swing after the boat crash and 2nd for the win. Right after the boat crash when the stage switches to a moving platform. He decided to go under the stage and ended up getting destroyed ha. He was like "O i didn't know it hit that far..." I just kind shrugged and smiled. Pretty decent crowd watching too.

Aposl

Smash Ace
hey guys i dont want to beat this to death but its REALLY IMPORTANT that we get this partnership with Twitch.tv so please go to out Twitch account and help us get 250 subscribers by Wednesday, 4k being the overall goal!

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_fWkHIb0M
the official PSA

also, anyone who follows us, if you could then just get one person to continue the trend we will have our numbers in no time. Thanks guys!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
hey guys i dont want to beat this to death but its REALLY IMPORTANT that we get this partnership with Twitch.tv so please go to out Twitch account and help us get 250 subscribers by Wednesday, 4k being the overall goal!

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_fWkHIb0M
the official PSA

also, anyone who follows us, if you could then just get one person to continue the trend we will have our numbers in no time. Thanks guys!
FALCON FOLLOW!!

You have added one new follower!

And on a side note involving PT; I had done a smexy combo with my Charizard the other day on PS2. I was on the left iside of the stage and my opponet (a CPU) was on the platform above me. I did this whole combo in one swoop:

Up-Smash > B-air > F-air > D-air to spike off the right side of the stage.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol FYI I plan on writing a decent size post when I get home around 6 today reflecting on a few things after I attended CLASH 1 this weekend. Unfortunately some things became very apparent to me that I need to get some response from you guys on.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm indifferent on banning Metaknight. I've had representatives from both parties approach me and I've supported both. However I'm more inclined to say yes to banning him because there are too many people in my state's community who play MK. There is one city who comes in and all but one plays metaknight.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
With john12346's collection of information if you include doubles MK makes up to 85% of the total cash in smash bros.

If you wanna play a game where ^ that is the case than your a liar......2008-09 I didn't want him banned either....2011-2012 its overdue now he had his time to frolic around and ruin the metagame so let's do what we should have.

:phone:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
waterfall is amazing on diddy when they have to recover from below the edge

well, that's what i'm guessing happened

it's great against fox/falco too but it's more hilarious than amazing

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't see why people are making such a big deal about MK getting banned or not, unless you are a part of that "85%" who will complain about losing prize money because you can't get good with another character. :/

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Bomber that "85%" has been come from numbers that have been collected and processed throughout as many tournaments all throughout the US smash community and maybe more for quite some time. Unfortunately a time comes where you have to realize that he is not doing anything besides negatively impacting the game, if there was anything to compare him to it would be cancer. This is not SF or MVC where there are still ways to battle brokeness, out community saw the power of MK dropped everything that was happening and abused him till he broke the metagame by collected 85% of TOTAL winnings. That means there is not a portion of a tourney outside of midtier/low tiers that he does not win. I don't mind him in friendlies but in tournies he has ruined the metagame and a lot of players will to play. Why would anyone want to further this cancer when we know it's present and can remove it for a better life in smash....

CoonTail

Smash Lord
T-Block sorry fpr the double post but I really have wanted to get this off my chest since I made the post earlier saying I had another typical IC paragraph planned. So before I get on my rant I'd love to give props to 3 players who I met at CLASH last weekend and they are killanator, aposl, and Ishy. I met Ishy for the first time at Clash and I was shocked because he used to post here and it was such a throwback to see him IRL. He was so chill and mad hyped to meet me, I was just as hyped because we got in plenty of friendlies which all were close. Next I met killanator since he came up with Mekos from NC which completely blew my mind since I had no clue it was him. Killa was another real chill dude, we got plenty of friendlies in and he had some key points to improve on but was off to such a solid start with PT. Last is Aposl and I'll save this shoutout for him later in my post.

So ok guys the reason I'm making this post is because I really came to quite the realization about myself as a player after CLASH and it really really sucked. I came in dead last in a tourny for the first time in a long time and this is not a post about me whining or johnsing but instead what upset me. Back when the PT power ranking came about I was really intent on the fact I was one of the best PT's and that I was better than most of you. It was a real **** move and my head was just inflating since I was practicing with Vinnie, Anti, Ninjalink, and Will quite a stacked practice crew. I was getting some easier brackets and placing top 10. I started to get an ego and a superiority complex that led me to posting the top 5 PT's with me not to far from Reflex.

Getting back to my point, when I placed dead last I came to a huge realization after talking to Aposl, kingtoon, Logic, and Vinnie which was I have just been doing things, not reading my opponents, or playing safe, or thinking out my commitments. I got 2-0'd by kingtoon in under 3 minutes, I $3 mm'd logic who soundly 2-0d me in about 4. I am not a great PT or even a good one if you ask me and my shoutout to Aposl is props to being a better PT overall even tho I am in a tougher region. Now I am not gonna quit PT or run away but instead have always kept my head up stayed positive and try to learn as much as possible. It's just a really ****ty feeling to realize I am "free" and that I am not a good player, I have been waiting for a breakout win which I have been so close to I lost to jash last stock last hit in both games, same with chibo, and a few others. I want to be known and people to want to play me not mock me, but I never get that because I am NOT on that level. I dunno I have just always strived to be a different PT with the way my squirtle plays, the way my ivy gimps, and the way my zard makes 2 stock come backs. Yet here I am realizing I am nothing besides a sub-par PT and it hurts.

This has really hit me right in the heart guys because I am the last of my friends to play this game, I have watched countless PT mains and friends walk away from this game. It came down to me quitting or me driving literal hours to play with people and I never gave up ever. PT kept me playing and I really wanna do so much better. But now after sticking around feeling like I was a good PT and thought I was a power ranked PT, I just feel like a "free" scrub who just found out and I am kinda wrecked over it. :( Im sorry guys for acting like a **** and pushing myself as a better PT than I am, you guys are always home and one of the koolest boards I know. I just feel like I completely lost my whole confidence with PT and you guys as a whole :/.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
IC, Bro I got to give you some mad respect for this.

It takes a lot of guts to accept that you're not good compared to your friends and believe me, I know exactly how that feels.

I'm stuck at the bottom of all my friends, constintly losing to them only prevailing over them if I get lucky/pull off a unsuspecting move. However I try to learn from my losses and try some new things and tricks. I know that one day, I'll get to there level and hopefully beat them like they beat me. Now what's important is that you don't EVER give up.

Don't throw in the towel just because you feel like you're a "scrub" player, if anything that should be your motivation to get better. Learn some techniques, learn to be paitaint, spacing, and all those other tricks and practice, practice, practice. you won't get better overnight, but if you improve on your game little by little, you'll see yourself getting better. I know this is all hard on you, but don't let it phaze you like this.

Keep Brawling, keep learning, keep practicing, and keep those Pokemon in shape. You won't get any better by not playing. And you always will learn something whether you win or lose. it's just a matter of taking what you learned into your next battle. Just fight to win, fight to the end, and fight with all your heart.
If you ever need help with PT, you know where to come. We've got your back man, don't ever forget that.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
To all of the above ^

Sorry to hear you getting last place. It's good to know you have been able to take a step back and collect your thoughts. Just take it easy from now on, keep practicing, and keep trying harder to improve yourself.

You're still #1 in our hearts here on the boards. :D

Don't worry too much about it. I'm pretty sure, most, if not all of us here have had our issues and have walked away or quit but one way or another, we've come back. Take it from a guy who quit for a year (not like I had much choice at the time, but that's besides the point).

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
IC you are the heart of the pt boards. I know if you just work on some small fundamentals for a while you will get really good really quickly because you have played this game a lot and you have a lot of knowledge about the character.

Top Bottom