• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Alrighty guys, so with MLG Dallas being the final MLG event, this changes things.

You can't just show up and enter the open bracket. You need to have either attended an MLG event before OR competed in an online qualifier in order to get seeded.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well I entered MLG Ohio so I'm Good. I was thinking about going to MLG DC but since DC and Dallas so close I think thats kinda conflicting (plus thats too much money on 2 tournaments...)

so yea Im still down for the grand PT meeting at Dallas!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I should correct myself a bit: That's only for entering the Championship bracket. Anyone can enter the Open bracket, but if you've been to a previous MLG event or an online qualifier, you'll be seeded ahead of randoms.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
it never works

but the one time someone doesn't tech/airdodge

i'll be there

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
anime swag, pikachu diamonds

anyway i'm anime
haters gonna hate til i pop em with my timotei

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Sort of.

The Stadium 2 announcer is -so- much better.
Ew but he sounds like exactly like Tracy Sketchit from the anime.

The PBR announcer sounds like the Narrator which is much better.

Now if Stadium 2 sounded like Dr. Quackenpoker...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's the same voice actor, but it does sound obviously different. Tracey would be annoying, but hearing the Stadium 2 announcer go "GRAAAAAAND SLAAAAAAAM!" when someone lands an OHKO move always brings a smile to my face.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yea I like him too! Too bad I love my team too much to replace anybody......'cept Roserade. <.<
Team in sig

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You use a Blissey, Katakiri?

Ewwww, those things are so annoying. XD

T-block

B2B TST
nailing blissey with a cross chop or something is like the most satisfying thing ever though lol

bikutini's pretty cool... continuing the trend of these new pokemon being sexy as hell

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I like hitting Blissey with a Close Combat from my Heracross after she's sent in via my Baton Passing, Agility using shiny Jolteon and her Flame Orb kicks in to raise her Attack via Guts. :)

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
You use a Blissey, Katakiri?

Ewwww, those things are so annoying. XD
Yea, I hated Blissey before I started using her. She's just is so useful to my team though. I did a write-up for it a while back.

Code:
[IMG]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n336/freakylocz14/forretress.png[/IMG]
Name: Parshen (Forretress) M
Nature: Impish
Abillty: Sturdy
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpDef
~Rapid Spin
~Spikes
~Toxic Spikes
~Gyro Ball / Explosion?

Leading the charge is Forretress, who couldn't be more at home on this team. The moveset 
choices were obvious and he has great synergy with Blissey, Rotom-h, & Vaporeon. His job is to 
set up as many spikes as possible while being able to Spin away hazards on my side. 

Toxic Spikes were chosen over Stealth Rock because most stat boosting physical attackers are 
immune to Toxic Spikes. (i.e. The Winged Dragons, Scizor, Gyrados, Gliscor, Lucario, etc.) The reason 
this is a great thing for this team is that it means they are open to crippling statuses. Rotom 
can burn them with Will-o-wisp and Roserade can put them to sleep while their other Pokémon 
take poison damage.

Gyro Ball or Explosion is my main problem. I want to keep Forretress alive so he can spin 
obstacles away so Explosion seems like a bad idea and Gyro Ball OHKO’s the likes of Aerodactly and 
other speedy leads / whatever Ninjask tries to limp to the barn with. But the kill power from Explosion is 
very tempting late in the game.

[IMG]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n336/freakylocz14/blissey.png[/IMG]
Name: Luckilucky (Blissey) F
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 6 Speed / 252 SpDef
~Aromatherapy
~Seismic Toss
~Stealth Rock
~Softboiled

Blissey is the true core of this team. She keeps everyone alive and healthy and doesn't afraid of 
anything. Her day begins when a SpAttacker switches in on Forretress. (or anyone else really) 
She usually forces SpAttackers to switch out, leaving her time to set up Stealth Rock; the final 
layer of indirect damage. From that point on, she's just a Special Sponge / Cleric.

With a heavily defensive team like this, status problems are sure to come up and with Rotom knowing Rest and Vaporeon being very open to status, Aromatherapy is one of the core moves of this team. This 
is where the ghost-normal synergy come in beautifully. With Rotom burning Physical threats, 
the opponent is bound to use a Special attacker. This lets Blissey switch in and clear the team of 
status while doing some damage itself. (And setup Stealth Rock if it hasn't already)

But beyond the beautiful synergy between the Forretress, Rotom and herself, Luckilucky is a standard Blissey.

[IMG]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u158/crimson_moon_007/espeon.png[/IMG]
Name: Mikaruga (Espeon) F
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spd
Item: Choice Scarf
~Psychic
~Hidden Power Fire
~Baton Pass
~Trick

Oh Espeon, how are you NU? Sky High SpAtk, Speed tie with Gengar, Better defenses than Alakazam, 
you were clearly meant for better things. But, tiers won’t stop her from cleaning house in OU. Luckily 
since she sees so little action in OU, not many people know what to expect and usually have their 
Pokémon end up crippled or KO’d. The main gimmick here is Trick with Choice Scarf. If you couldn’t tell, 
this team is just ASKING to be set-up on, so with Trick she can switch in on a stat-upping Pokémon like 
Suicune or Jirachi with ease and lock them in their next move which, due to Espeon’s battle strats being 
relatively unknown, is 80% of the time another stat-upping move or status move. Baton Pass is just used 
to scout.

She can take hits from Scizor’s Bullet Punch like a pro, which makes her an amazing revenge killer 
against him. Nothing without a Choice Scarf of their own is going to out-speed her, unless she Tricks it 
away, which makes her a pretty surprising threat to Pokémon like Weavile, Heracross, Gengar, & even 
Jolteon who would otherwise ruin her. Even without the Scarf, a Pokémon with STAB Psychics backed by 
358 SpA and 342 Speed with solid Defenses is nothing to take lightly.

[IMG]http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77/pokemonM-DPP/Rotom_Change_to_Heat_Form_by_blaze2.png[/IMG]
Name: Rotomu (Rotom-h)
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 4 Speed / 42 SpDef
~Discharge / Thunderbolt?
~Will-o-wisp
~Rest
~Overheat

Rotom is the spin/many things-blocking ghost and easily the most annoying Pokémon on the team. 
Rotom usually absorbs sleep status so things like Breloom & Smeargle are gonna have to face Roserade 
legitimately. It takes the form of Rotom-h to scare Scizor away with getting a free turn of damage or 
status. The moveset is pretty standard, but with the synergy from it's teammates, it becomes 
phenomonally annoying to take down.

Rest lets it heal it’s own HP & Status after which, Blissey can cure the sleep.

Discharge vs Thunderbolt is the dilema here. Discharge has that nice 30% paralysis, but 
Thunderbolt has more power. I personally prefer Discharge since Choice Scarfers are so 
dangerous nowdays. (I read your book, Tyranitar)

[IMG]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/Legacy_Raider/Random%20Links/407vn3.png[/IMG]
Name: Fushigibana (Roserade) F
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 16 Speed / 72 SpDef
~Sleep Powder
~Synthesis
~Sludge Bomb
~Leaf Storm

Blissey and the Rotom can handle a lot, but sometimes things need to take a nap...or just 
die...That's where Roserade comes in. Sleep Powder works pretty well with this team. There's 
rarely a downside to a sleeping foe. Synthesis is the obvious recovery every Roserade has. The 
attacking options aren't that original either. But what does set this...set...apart from others is the 
EV spread. This Roserade is built to survive anything it switches into and then some. (Which is 
the same for every other Pokémon on this team, if you haven't noticed) Even with no SpAttack 
EVs, it can still punch holes in opponents.

Roserade is Vaporeon's balancing factor and creates the last synergenic bond of this team 
between herself, Vaporeon, and Rotom. But I'll get into that later.

Oh, and anything named Breloom, is not going to survive the combination of Rotom & Roserade. Ever.

[IMG]http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62/SKYZXSpirit/Vaporeon.png[/IMG]
Name: Mirokarosu (Vaporeon) F
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 176 HP / 248 Def / 86 SpDef
~Roar
~Wish
~Surf
~Protect (Was Ice Beam)

The last member of the team is Vaporeon, the bulky water. This set is very standard for 
Vaporeons, but with all the entry hazards, Roar become leathal. Wish lets it act as a secondary 
cleric in case of emergencies. Surf is standard, but finds a great home on this team regardless. 
Protect is for self-healing, scouting, and poison damage.

The synergy between Vaporeon, Roserade, and Rotom is very good. Grass and Water alone is 
great, but with Rotom's Levitate and typing, it becomes hard to work around this trio.
The team's crazy solid even with no physical attacker outside Forretress. But I'm thinking about switching Roserade with Toxicroak.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Interesting how you only have one physical attacker, Katakiri, considering how physical the D/P/Pt metagame is.

I'll have to post my team sometime.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yep, since the metagame is so physically inclined, special stall is VERY easy to break. The hardest special wall to break is Jirachi and it's not much of a threat as long as I Roar it away or put it to sleep before it can beef up it's stats.....or just Overheat it. And with Vaporeon having Roar and Rotom being...Rotom any Blissey just ends up defeating itself.

I started to troll people on Shoddy/Poke' Online today. Every time someone used Outrage with Flygon I would always say "DAAAAAWWWWWWWW Look at the wittle baby Salamence! It's so cute! I want one!"
Many rage quits ensued.

But seriously, with Salamence gone, Dragons are laughable now. Flygon's Outrage barely takes over a 4th on Vaporeon's HP.

Oh! And I almost got completely swept by a Bibarel today. I didn't notice that the guy started a Baton Pass chain since he was using things like Lopunny and Floatzel, so I didn't take it seriously. Then out of NOWHERE this Bibarel outsped my CHOICE SCARFED ESPEON & OHKO'd it. So I check it's stats and it had at least a +2 boost on every stat but Defense.

Naturally I switched to Vaporeon and Roared that thing away forever. What a fun day!

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Oh my god, its been so long since I've dropped by. Whats new in the PT Boards bros, I doubt anyone even remembers me =/

Metaknight=Darkrai

Edit: can I get a reinvite to the supersecretyaoilair? If its even active anymore, I'd love to read up on the developments.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I love Bibarel. I really wanna raise one...but then I'd have to replace my Pelipper or Golduck with it. :/

Zeph, I moved your post to the social thread. I do remember you--good to have you back!

As for the PTBR, you'll get invited if you perform in tournaments.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
LOL I'm making my comeback, but the East Canadian scene basically disintegrated...

I was one of the original people to get results with PT, placing as high as 9th in a tourney we had with about 50 entrants (inludying ALLY :O) and I just came back to see whats what, but I'm not in the back room anymore apparently =(

BTW My pokemon team:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant
252Speed 252 Attack
Return
Brave Bird
Close Combat
U-Turn

Infernape @ Life Orb
252Attack 64SPA 192Speed
Close Combat
U-turn
Mach Punch
Overheat

Double Spikes Rapid Spin Foretress
Typical Lead Azelf
Revenge Killer Weavile
Typical Spinblock Rotom-C

As for my wifi team... Well thats a little more unique, hit me up to hear about them including a non-hax shiny dugtrio n__n

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zeph, the BR went through a restructure about 6-8 months ago. Anyone who was inactive was kicked out. Bring in current results, though, and you're good to go.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Hey everyone, I'm gonna try to post on these boards more often. I'm maining Pt quite a while now and I got my first offline tournament in September. I'll probably post the results of what I did then. Anways, wanted to say hi and tell a little about myself. I'm 18 years old, studying @ Amsterdam, Netherlands and having swimming as one of my main hobbies. I'm here to learn more about Pt & get to known other Pt players.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Lets be honest here: he has a Christmas hat. He should just get back in automatically with **** like that.
And this man has a picture of Spike, I'm pretty sure Ally would lose to you in a 1v1 $100000000000 mm...

Current results eh... Looks like im gonna have to resurrect my areas smash scene... we went from having 50-100 player tournies every month to barely being able to get 20 =(

T-block

B2B TST
LOL I'm making my comeback, but the East Canadian scene basically disintegrated...
Really? I thought GTAN was doing pretty well. That's too bad

Come to WC lol... our scene sucks too ;D

Hey everyone, I'm gonna try to post on these boards more often. I'm maining Pt quite a while now and I got my first offline tournament in September. I'll probably post the results of what I did then. Anways, wanted to say hi and tell a little about myself. I'm 18 years old, studying @ Amsterdam, Netherlands and having swimming as one of my main hobbies. I'm here to learn more about Pt & get to known other Pt players.
Nice, Europe PT ^_^ About time... I'm looking forward to see how you do. Europe's pretty beast.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Really? I thought GTAN was doing pretty well. That's too bad

Come to WC lol... our scene sucks too ;D

Nice, Europe PT ^_^ About time... I'm looking forward to see how you do. Europe's pretty beast.
Hehe, I'm looking forward to it to. I'm not expecting much since it is my first offline tourney and the smash scene in the netherlands is pretty good but I'm gonna try to represent pt as good as possible.

Welcome to the boards, Ingoro. Glad to see a new face.
Cheers :D

Top Bottom