• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Vermy

Smash Champion
And an evolution for Tropius, Mr. Mime and Farfetch'd of some sort. If it's any indication by the roster of 4th gen, there'll be a few pre-evo and post-evos. Let's hope they don't bugger it up.

The 4th gen starters sucked. Not in moveset or type, just design. Seriously, that's 3 different kinds of turtle pokemon after gen 4. (Squirtles line, Torkoal and Turtwig's line). And a penguin is lame. Cute, but lame. First gen starters were cute 1st stage and ****** 3rd stage.

If they can make big ugly f*ckers like Palkia, Dialga and Giratina, why did they seem to halfass the starters?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yea i'd been waiting for a penguin evo and i like everything about empoleon (water/steel is awesome and something else i'd been waiting for) but the design. it looks so stiff :s

infernape is ****** but since blaziken exists, i was like "oh, this again"

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
infernape is ****** but since blaziken exists, i was like "oh, this again"
Same thoughts here. I prefer Infernape waaay more than Blaziken, but I'm ready for some different starter type combos.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So, I completed a (rather unhealthy) challenge today.

1000 hours logged in Pokémon Platinum. No purposeful stalling, either; I played it the entire time.

Apparently, the time log isn't designed to have a fourth "hours" digit, so it's stuck at 999:59 forever.

I almost wish it would roll over; I would never play it again, hahah.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
holy crap
i'm only at 70 hours and I thought that was crazy >.>

ampharos would be the best pokemon in smash ever, shut your ***** mouth

i hate how the steps counter in platinum resets to 0 after 99999
i mean did they really not expect people to break 99999 steps? come on now

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

idk

miles if i ever visited you, would you get me some of them baby back ribs

reflex, did you play it without stopping or something? o_________o
Nah, I just played a few hours on most days. I really like the games, and I hate how the Battle Tower makes me its *****.

A thousand hours is about 41 days of time. If my math is correct, I played an average of 3.25 hours every day since I got it.

I'm sort of disgusted with myself.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The Battle Tower is too annoying for me. XD I'll probably play HG for 150 hours before I take a break from it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey fellas, I'm working on a feature-length screenplay this semester, and I'd like your input. It's about a secret agent named Gate who's assigned to rescue his abducted boss while babysitting the boss's 7 year-old son at the same time. It will be written in the same vein as Pixar films, and it will hopefully be a project I can present to John Lasseter when I live in California this summer. I can use any input you have!

Here's the link to the group.

Looking forward to some collaboration!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
looking at the little kids bio

I don't know how well spoiled and mature beyond his years mix together

also for gate, that light blue t shirt with the smiley face thing seems silly. nix the smiley face if he's supposed to be...you know...BA

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
looking at the little kids bio

I don't know how well spoiled and mature beyond his years mix together

also for gate, that light blue t shirt with the smiley face thing seems silly. nix the smiley face if he's supposed to be...you know...BA
Thanks for the read, Stingers!

My thoughts are that he isn't told what to do often since his father is hardly ever around, so he's spoiled in that regard. That said, he's intellectually capable of deeper discussions than most adults would think.

As for the shirt idea, when I first came up with the idea, I got this vision of a secret agent wearing a light blue shirt with a smiley face, haha. It's supposed to show how he still has a creative, almost adolescent side despite the fact that he's such a ******. Gate actually shares a lot of traits that I have.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I only watched the first video so far, but it's not bad for your first time.

Use more nair with Charizard. It's got no lag if you shorthop it, making it ideal to lead into other attacks. Spotdodge less.

Your Squirtle did well in the air but was rather predictable. Mix it up with walking and shellshifting on the ground to make your Squirtle more unpredictable. Also abuse that jab more often.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah that was the first brawl match we played after switching over from melee XD so I kinda get better as the vids go on. the 2nd match vs. snake is mad dumb btw :3 mainly the ending...

but vs. gaw is his main and I'm warmed up by then so I do pretty decently. though i don't really nair with 'zard so I'll start with that. and yeah my squirtle just jumps around a lot, i barely shellshift or jab so those are all valid criticisms, thank you

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'd also recommend trying out more upair with Charizard. It's still something I've been starting to use more, but it's got no lag in midair and rather suprising priority. At low percents, it's easy to get multiple ones off in a row.

And upsmash out of shield is way too good with Charizard.

Top Bottom