• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTP House Tournament

Tech way more than the characters you listed are better on static stages than non static.

But if we want to only use the convenient characters for an argument.

Characters that do well on janky stages

Snake, MK, Olimar(on certain stages)

O look all top tiers,

Characters that aren't viable on janky stages

Falco, ICs, Sheik

O look a mid tier, my conveinant use of only using the characters that support my argument has proven that boderline stages hurt the viability of more mid tiers than static stages.

Therefore Japanese is better.

Being serious now, the only characters that aren't very good on starlit stages, but become laurel viable on borderline stages are characters that promote time outs. Wario, Pit, ROB, Sonic and MK are the most notable, other characters get slight boosts but nothing nearly as significant as what time out characters get. Apex stage list promotes camping imo.

Also if we look at where the melee community has ended, Japan's stagelist/performance, and even the fact that in America the stagelist has been dwindling down over the years, I think that it's fair to say that static stages promote the most player growth/ are the most suited for serious gameplay.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I survived the Diddy Kong gauntlet!

1. Zinoto :diddy:
2. Tech_Chase :dedede: / :warioc:
3. LOE1 :wario: / :diddy:
4. The Smile :diddy: / :falco:
5. fZk :diddy:
5. WTP :falco: / :popo: / :dedede:

Not sure who got 5th and 6th between Juan and Kevin.

16 Entrants I believe.

Top Bottom